Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,649 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Why Would A Married Woman Abort Her Own Child. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Would A Married Woman Abort Her Own Child. (2227 Views)

Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice / Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. / Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would A Married Woman Abort Her Own Child. by comtem2011: 11:20am On Oct 09, 2019
Blessedkingg:

Here is how he found out,just like he told me.
She had a pregnancy test few weeks,unknown to my brother. He only found out about the test,when he used her car and had to present vehicle papers at Akilo just before Guiness Plc,where he was stopped.
He found the test slip in the glove compartment,while sorting out the vehicle papers.
Thats exactly what he told me.
Hmm, I don't want to say the wife is a betrayal. She is keeping a lot from the husband. I pity the poor man.
Re: Why Would A Married Woman Abort Her Own Child. by Graxie(f): 9:36pm On Oct 09, 2019
You know too much about this marriage, kindly allow the couple to sort themselves out. The time your brother is using to tell you all these, he should use it to get answers from his wife.

3 Likes

Re: Why Would A Married Woman Abort Her Own Child. by ctleurocollege: 9:45pm On Oct 09, 2019
Blessedkingg:

Here is how he found out,just like he told me.
She had a pregnancy test few weeks,unknown to my brother. He only found out about the test,when he used her car and had to present vehicle papers at Akilo just before Guiness Plc,where he was stopped.
He found the test slip in the glove compartment,while sorting out the vehicle papers.
Thats exactly what he told me.

Married people abort when they feel that they can't handle another kid at the point of pregnancy. We need to understand the type of man your brother is before judgment

1) You don't know if they are having conflict which she feels adding another child will make worse

2) He may have left all family planning for her to handle alone and this was a mistake she felt she should deal with to avoid problems

3) Finance. He may not be meeting up with needs of the kids much more adding another one

4) Depression

5) Stress

6) Ill health

I am 100% against abortion especially the way she handled it without telling your bro but don't look only at the possibility of adultery because that's one of many possible reasons
Re: Why Would A Married Woman Abort Her Own Child. by alphaNomega: 7:51am On Oct 10, 2019
Blessedkingg:
My brother is Civil Engineer and works with a federal.parastatal,they are okay and live in a middle class neighbourhood in Ikeja. Its not finances,She equally works with a stable firm as well.

She cheated on him, got pregnant and felt guilty to bring another man's child under her husband's care. Poor woman.
Re: Why Would A Married Woman Abort Her Own Child. by StPete: 8:22am On Oct 10, 2019
Why are people dodging from the truth?

The husband is financially stable and so is the wife

The husband offered to use the wife’s vehicle meaning there’s really no initial bad-blood within

The wife did pregnancy test without telling the husband AT ALL!

She also went ahead to remove the pregnancy even when their finances are stable, not even allowing the husband have a say in such matters.

I dare put it to anyone that she got pregnant by someone else and the guilt made her to move out of the house to clear her head

3 Likes

Re: Why Would A Married Woman Abort Her Own Child. by cococandy(f): 3:08pm On Oct 10, 2019
Lol. A woman doesn’t need a man’s permission for her own reproductive health.
Sued indeed.

Don’t take feminism 100 years back.

That’s being said. She could have sought his input. In the end, the decision is hers to make.
chii8:
A married couple can decide to abort a pregnancy that they are not ready for but my only concern is why would a woman do that without the husband's consent?On a very good the day, the doctor who did the abortion should be sued.I have a feeling also that her mum was aware of this before the deed was done.

6 Likes

Re: Why Would A Married Woman Abort Her Own Child. by cococandy(f): 3:09pm On Oct 10, 2019
Finances aren’t the only reason why people don’t want kids. Pregnancy and child birth is a life or death affair.
Having money to afford the child isn’t the only thing the child needs . And the mom’s needs are primary in any pregnancy case.

StPete:
Why are people dodging from the truth?

The husband is financially stable and so is the wife

The husband offered to use the wife’s vehicle meaning there’s really no initial bad-blood within

The wife did pregnancy test without telling the husband AT ALL!

She also went ahead to remove the pregnancy even when their finances are stable, not even allowing the husband have a say in such matters.

I dare put it to anyone that she got pregnant by someone else and the guilt made her to move out of the house to clear her head

4 Likes

Re: Why Would A Married Woman Abort Her Own Child. by chii8(f): 7:14pm On Oct 10, 2019
cococandy:
Lol. A woman doesn’t need a man’s permission for her own reproductive health.
Sued indeed.

Don’t take feminism 100 years back.

That’s being said. She could have sought his input. In the end, the decision is hers to make.

This has nothing to do with feminism, it's only an ungodly woman that will abort a child without her husband's consent. She lost ownership of her body the day she got married. Let's just call a spade a spade, why would a married woman abort a baby without the husband's consent. This topic is same with married women who schedule appointment with a spiritual head without the husband's consent.A woman who wants total control of her body,has no business being married, babymama would be a suitable choice.

5 Likes

Re: Why Would A Married Woman Abort Her Own Child. by chii8(f): 7:23pm On Oct 10, 2019
doitforyou:
lol why would the doctor be sued? I am sure the doctor obtained an informed consent from the woman.

This is Nigeria and we have customs and tradition. I have seen a scenario where a married woman went to a barber to cut her long hair,the barber declined and told her to come with either her father or husband, the woman was surprised, she tried coercing the man but he bluntly refused, the woman had the go home, used scissors to cut her hair, then returned to the barber to put finishing touches to the hair.
A doctor did an abortion for a married woman without the husband's consent but cannot do a CS operation for a pregnant woman without the husband's consent

There's something I don't understand, is it that a higher percentage of women on this page support this woman's behavior

4 Likes

Re: Why Would A Married Woman Abort Her Own Child. by elektra(f): 7:45pm On Oct 10, 2019
chii8:

This is Nigeria and we have customs and tradition. I have seen a scenario where a married woman went to a barber to cut her long hair,the barber declined and told her to come with either her father or husband, the woman was surprised, she tried coercing the man but he bluntly refused, the woman had the go home, used scissors to cut her hair, then returned to the barber to put finishing touches to the hair.
A doctor did an abortion for a married woman without the husband's consent but cannot do a CS operation for a pregnant woman without the husband's consent

There's something I don't understand, is it that a higher percentage of women on this page support this woman's behavior

"customs and traditions" are not the same thing as laws and are not enforceable in court. If you sue someone for not following "customs and traditions", you are likely just wasting your money.
You can say the doctor should be sued on the grounds that abortions are not legal in Nigeria but not because the husband was not informed.
I don't see anyone supporting the woman's behavior, every post has tried to answer OPs question and provided possible reasons why the abortion was performed. That doesn't mean they support her.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would A Married Woman Abort Her Own Child. by StPete: 6:21am On Oct 11, 2019
cococandy:
Finances aren’t the only reason why people don’t want kids. Pregnancy and child birth is a life or death affair.
Having money to afford the child isn’t the only thing the child needs . And the mom’s needs are primary in any pregnancy case.

But you didn’t address the issue of her dodging to inform her partner. Why do it in secret? Who would prefer to lose a partner over child bearing? If truly child bearing would be life threatening, I presume she would have rather gone for contraception. Abortion in itself is a terrible risk

3 Likes

Re: Why Would A Married Woman Abort Her Own Child. by cococandy(f): 6:34am On Oct 11, 2019
She should have definitely informed him. It goes without saying
StPete:

But you didn’t address the issue of her dodging to inform her partner. Why do it in secret? Who would prefer to lose a partner over child bearing? If truly child bearing would be life threatening, I presume she would have rather gone for contraception. Abortion in itself is a terrible risk

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Married Woman Abort Her Own Child. by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 11, 2019
Fountainofyouth:
She is cheating, the pregnancy was not his cos I don't see any other reason for her aborting it.
Married women abort more than single ladies in our dear country. It has noting to do with cheating.

Lots of things that are usually not voiced out. And sometimes they don't tell the husbands.

U should ask why they don't tell their husbands.
Re: Why Would A Married Woman Abort Her Own Child. by saucecode(m): 7:01am On Oct 11, 2019
cococandy:
She should have definitely informed him. It goes without saying
Baby you're so sexy when you try to do a quick turn around. Love your mole cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seriously Searching For A Wife / Our New Baby Girl! / Who Is The Man That Impregnant This Woman??(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.