Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,975 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Pastor’s Wife, Mummy Pelumi, Commits Suicide In Lagos By Hanging - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pastor’s Wife, Mummy Pelumi, Commits Suicide In Lagos By Hanging (43335 Views)

My Girlfriend Was Raped In Lagos By A Fat Elderly Man With A Pot Belly / #JusticeforPelumi: Pelumi Onifade Shot Dead By Police In Lagos (GboahTV Intern) / EndSARS Looters Caught In Lagos By Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor’s Wife, Mummy Pelumi, Commits Suicide In Lagos By Hanging by NaijaCelebrity: 10:29am On Oct 08, 2019
A mother of three, identified simply as Mummy Pelumi, has reportedly committed suicide at Mangoro area of Lagos State.

The woman, who is also a pastor’s wife, took her life when her husband was on evangelism. Witnesses said the deceased and her children were sleeping in their one-room apartment at Sule Street, Mangoro area of the metropolis, when she hanged herself to a ceiling fan in their room.

It was learnt that it was when the woman’s children woke up that they saw their mother dangling on their ceiling fan. They then raised the alarm which attracted neighbours and some mechanics.

Mummy Pelumi’s mother-in-law, who gave her name as Madam Modupe, said the death of her son’s wife came to her as a surprise. Madam Modupe said that on Friday, before she left for vigil, the deceased was the one who cooked the food everyone ate.

SHE SAID: “WHEN WE WERE EATING, SHE TOLD ME SHE JUST STOCKED HER SHOP, BECAUSE OF THE SOCIAL ACTIVITIES IN OUR AREA ON SATURDAY, SO THAT SHE WOULD NOT DISAPPOINT HER CUSTOMERS WHO MIGHT WANT TO BUY DRINKS FROM HER.

“AFTER THE VIGIL, I WAS STILL AT THE CHURCH RESTING WHEN SOMEONE CAME TO CALL ME THAT MY SON’S WIFE HAD KILLED HERSELF. BY THE TIME I RUSHED DOWN, A CROWD HAD GATHERED AT OUR HOUSE. MY SON IS A PASTOR AND HE HAD GONE ON EVANGELISM, WE DECIDED TO LEAVE THE DECEASED TILL SUNDAY BELIEVING SHE WAS GOING TO COME BACK TO LIFE.

“I WAS WITH HER IN THE ROOM THROUGHOUT THE PERIOD MONITORING HER CLOSELY BELIEVING THAT SHE WAS GOING TO STAND UP. BUT WHEN I NOTICED SHE HAD GONE, IT WAS THEN I CALLED THE PASTORS FROM OUR CHURCH WHO CAME TO PERFORM THE FUNERAL AND SHE WAS BURIED ON SUNDAY.”

Madam Modupe said they were about to bury her when the husband arrived from his evangelism trip. She added: “It was painful, because she was a nice woman to me and everyone that came across her. It is the neighbours who helped me to pacify the husband because he was just crying.    

One of the neighbours, who gave her name as Blessing, said Mummy Pelumi’s death was painful to everyone in the house. Blessing said they were all sleeping when suddenly the first daughter of the deceased rushed out of their apartment and called neighbours to come and look at her mother.

She said: “When we got to their apartment, her tongue had come out of her mouth. The children were asked to leave and the door was locked. Policemen from Isokoko were informed.”

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2019/10/pastors-wife-hangs-self-in-lagos/

1 Like

Re: Pastor’s Wife, Mummy Pelumi, Commits Suicide In Lagos By Hanging by immortalcrown(m): 10:37am On Oct 08, 2019
Nawa oh!

Problem everywhere.

Unimaginable things happen on daily basis.

R. I. P.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor’s Wife, Mummy Pelumi, Commits Suicide In Lagos By Hanging by sholikay(m): 10:49am On Oct 08, 2019
kai. RIP! mama pelumi

most times financial difficulties is just the leading cause of this suicide ...
probably she is going through a lot of hell in her matrimonial home...living inside a room with mother in law,husband and children... no space, no comfort...

Poverty is a very very bad thing...

we will not experience financial hardship..Amen!..

121 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pastor’s Wife, Mummy Pelumi, Commits Suicide In Lagos By Hanging by Born2Breed(f): 11:26am On Oct 08, 2019
Kai Buhari buhari.....

7 Likes

Re: Pastor’s Wife, Mummy Pelumi, Commits Suicide In Lagos By Hanging by Penywise(m): 1:24pm On Oct 08, 2019
What could have caused this? We need a Sherlock Holmes in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor’s Wife, Mummy Pelumi, Commits Suicide In Lagos By Hanging by vibbb: 1:24pm On Oct 08, 2019
What a pity, depression is a silent killer.
Talk to someone about your worries.
Suicide is not an option.
#SayNoToSuicide.

24 Likes

Re: Pastor’s Wife, Mummy Pelumi, Commits Suicide In Lagos By Hanging by MountainView: 1:24pm On Oct 08, 2019
She has moved on to the other side.
Re: Pastor’s Wife, Mummy Pelumi, Commits Suicide In Lagos By Hanging by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 1:24pm On Oct 08, 2019
shocked
Re: Pastor’s Wife, Mummy Pelumi, Commits Suicide In Lagos By Hanging by Vivos: 1:25pm On Oct 08, 2019
This woman was obviously not depressed, from the report that were gathered.....this is not DEPRESSION

She was socially healthy, bcoz she had a good interpersonal relationship with her neighbors
She even stocked her shop with goods for social activities on Saturday, meaning that she planned to stay alive till Saturday

Something is fishy..... The police investigative team, it's so bad in Nigeria, I would have suggested they get them involved.....bcoz murder cases now pass for suicide without investigation

it could be that it's spiritual manipulation..... VILLAGE PEOPLE

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor’s Wife, Mummy Pelumi, Commits Suicide In Lagos By Hanging by DennisEche(m): 1:26pm On Oct 08, 2019
Buhari why, rate of suicide under ur govt has increased geometrically

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor’s Wife, Mummy Pelumi, Commits Suicide In Lagos By Hanging by Oblongata: 1:26pm On Oct 08, 2019
Another Lapo victim

6 Likes

Re: Pastor’s Wife, Mummy Pelumi, Commits Suicide In Lagos By Hanging by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 08, 2019
Times are hard even pastors don't find it easy.

Any till their mentor become the fictitious president in 2023.

Rip ma...

You have fought a good fight of faith..

3 Likes

Re: Pastor’s Wife, Mummy Pelumi, Commits Suicide In Lagos By Hanging by Lamanii22(f): 1:27pm On Oct 08, 2019
Poverty basically... She's really tired of it... She isn't full of faith again...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor’s Wife, Mummy Pelumi, Commits Suicide In Lagos By Hanging by ursullalinda(f): 1:28pm On Oct 08, 2019
When the burden seems too much and no hope of relieve don't forget his grace is more than sufficient suicide is never an option

8 Likes

Re: Pastor’s Wife, Mummy Pelumi, Commits Suicide In Lagos By Hanging by Exponental(m): 1:28pm On Oct 08, 2019
Na wa oooo. Depression is real!!!!
Re: Pastor’s Wife, Mummy Pelumi, Commits Suicide In Lagos By Hanging by Oddsman(m): 1:29pm On Oct 08, 2019
For her to let her children behold such an awful sight, she deserves no respect whatsoever. Does she know the everlasting trauma she will put those children through. Nonsense

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor’s Wife, Mummy Pelumi, Commits Suicide In Lagos By Hanging by bestman09(m): 1:30pm On Oct 08, 2019
kiss
Re: Pastor’s Wife, Mummy Pelumi, Commits Suicide In Lagos By Hanging by goaldynman(m): 1:30pm On Oct 08, 2019
May God have mercy on her!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor’s Wife, Mummy Pelumi, Commits Suicide In Lagos By Hanging by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 08, 2019
I don't know the deceased but I'm pained. Suicide is never the answer. When there's life, there's hope.
Re: Pastor’s Wife, Mummy Pelumi, Commits Suicide In Lagos By Hanging by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 08, 2019
Lamanii22:
Poverty basically... She's really tired of it... She isn't full of faith again...

That is a very demoralising feeling

1 Like

Re: Pastor’s Wife, Mummy Pelumi, Commits Suicide In Lagos By Hanging by Naire99(m): 1:32pm On Oct 08, 2019
Ruicosta1996x:

Na thunder go fire your generation. Poor scammer

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor’s Wife, Mummy Pelumi, Commits Suicide In Lagos By Hanging by GREATESTPIANIST: 1:34pm On Oct 08, 2019
Oh no, not again cry
Re: Pastor’s Wife, Mummy Pelumi, Commits Suicide In Lagos By Hanging by Allsingles: 1:34pm On Oct 08, 2019
Suicide is one of the deadliest things that can destroy life.
Even when the husband is a pastor, she is still facing some internal challenges that she couldn't deal with alone, believe me if her husband gave the time and the attention required, it would not have happened.
No matter your profession or career, always give attention to those around you.
Find out more on how to avoid suicide....
https://allsinglesandmarried..com/2019/07/the-causes-of-suicide-you-must-avoid.html

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gana's Kidnap Gang Led By A Woman Busted In Benue. Photos / Man Caught Defiling A 13-Year-Old Girl Inside Orile Market, Lagos / Why I Killed My Master And His Wife – Apprentice (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.