Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,488 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Yoruba And Igbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba And Igbo (2206 Views)

Here Is The Man That Caused Disunity Among Yoruba And Igbo People / Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. / Nnamdi Kanu Quote About Yoruba And Igbo Today That Got Many Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba And Igbo by MetaPhysical: 5:16pm On Oct 08, 2019
I want Ibos here in Nairaland to know that there is a very bad blood and tension between us and it's not because of anything historically that we have done to bring this about. We are both victims of mis-fitting in a political space. The disharmony results from political power struggles in a political landscape hewned together by a foreigner.

Nonetheless, it is worth appreciating that thension is very managable through outlets such as Nairaland. What ordinarily would have erupted into fracas on streets is dissipated as heat and venom on internet.

I do not believe a Yoruba would fail to act and rescue an Ibo in a distress situation. Neither do I think if a Yoruba was struggling for life an Ibo nearby will refuse to act. Above and beyond the tension that tear us apart our humanity recognizes and responds to the inner emotions to preserve and nourish life.

I love my Ibo brothers and sisters....but we no go see eye to eye from now until Nigeria is finished and everybody go hin way. grin

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba And Igbo by meccuno: 5:18pm On Oct 08, 2019
[s]
MetaPhysical:
I want Ibos here in Nairaland to know that there is a very bad blood and tension between us and it's not because of anything historically that we have done to bring this about. We are both victims of mis-fitting in a political space. The disharmony results from political power struggles in a political landscape hewned together by a foreigner.

Nonetheless, it is worth appreciating that thension is very managable through outlets such as Nairaland. What ordinarily would have erupted into fracas on streets is dissipated as heat and venom on internet.

I do not believe a Yoruba would fail to act and rescue an Ibo in a distress situation. Neither do I think if a Yoruba was struggling for life an Ibo nearby will refuse to act. Above and beyond the tension that tear us apart our humanity recognizes and responds to the inner emotions to preserve and nourish life.

I love my Ibo brothers and sisters....but we no go see eye to eye from now until Nigeria is finished and everybody go hin way. grin

[/s]

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba And Igbo by MetaPhysical: 6:11pm On Oct 08, 2019
meccuno:
[s][/s]

Ndi Ipob! You don start...

1 Like

Re: Yoruba And Igbo by meccuno: 6:15pm On Oct 08, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Ndi Ipob! You don start...
cone head

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba And Igbo by meccuno: 6:16pm On Oct 08, 2019
[s]
MetaPhysical:

[/s]

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba And Igbo by MetaPhysical: 6:19pm On Oct 08, 2019
Will you stop behaving like a pre-schooler?

Immhotep, come and carry your toddler comot for my thread abeg. grin

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba And Igbo by meccuno: 6:24pm On Oct 08, 2019
[s]
MetaPhysical:

[/s]

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba And Igbo by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 08, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Onye akpana nwa agü aka na ödü grin

Cc lzaa gmbuharii afamed slap44 iceberg3 anonimi gwarotango adaibeku

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yoruba And Igbo by EeyanMayweather(m): 7:04pm On Oct 08, 2019
MetaPhysical:

No truer words have been said...
Only the demise of this contraption can bring an end to the bad blood.
Untill then, No retreat ...no surrender

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba And Igbo by muykem: 7:21pm On Oct 08, 2019
Igbo and Yoruba doesn't have problems. We only have different political ideology and different ways in approaching issues. Igbo are emotional and can't compromise their standing on issues, they tend to go on extreme to avoid being tag as coward. Yoruba are not rigid on issues, they are flexible and ready to compromise for the benefit of their people.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba And Igbo by Earthquake1: 7:26pm On Oct 08, 2019
This guy with inferiority complex will not sleep without mentioning Igbos

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba And Igbo by nabiz(m): 7:56pm On Oct 08, 2019
muykem:
Igbo and Yoruba doesn't have problems. We only have different political ideology and different ways in approaching issues. Igbo are emotional and can't compromise their standing on issues, they tend to go on extreme to avoid being tag as coward. Yoruba are not rigid on issues, they are flexible and ready to compromise for the benefit of their people.
you are close to the truth. To add to what you have said, the problem between Igbos and Yoruba is based on what our father told us. Most of the Igbos and Yoruba who preach hatred are mostly those that have not traveled out to other region and still believe in what their father told them.

I was once like them. My judgment on Yoruba were base on what people told me about them and not really on what they did to me personally . I remember learning a skill in the mixed of Yorubas. Their language alone irritates me. I always feel insecure whenever they are speaking their language because I always think they are discussing me and this was based on what people told me about them.

The truth be told, yorubas are wonderful people. My little years of dealing with them proof to me that my parants where wrong, though we have bad eggs in every region. I can not forget Mr Yusuf of National automatic council, Abuja where i did my I.T., I can not forget Engineer Femi Akinde. I can not forget Mr. Jimmy Akinwmi and many Other.

The Yorubas and Igbos are just like 2 jealous woman married to one man(housas) who instead of pleasing themselves as a fellow woman try to please the husband. Before you crusify me I want to give you assignment.

The assignment is this
Just breathe in, relax, take a pen and piece of paper, write down how a Yoruba man or Igbo man have offended you personally and not what someone told you. Believe me if you try this you may not fine any. Why are we hating each Other? Why can we come together to fight our common enemy......

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba And Igbo by Blankstare(m): 8:06pm On Oct 08, 2019
nabiz:
you are close to the truth. To add to what you have said, the problem between Igbos and Yoruba is based on what our father told us. Most of the Igbos and Yoruba who preach hatred are mostly those that have not traveled out to other region and still believe in what their father told them.

I was once like them. My judgment on Yoruba were base on what people told me about them and not really on what they did to me personally . I remember learning a skill in the mixed of Yorubas. Their language alone irritates me. I always feel insecure whenever they are speaking their language because I always think they are discussing me and this was based on what people told me about them.

The truth be told, yorubas are wonderful people. My little years of dealing with them proof to me that my parants where wrong, though we have bad eggs in every region. I can not forget Mr Yusuf of National automatic council, Abuja where i did my I.T., I can not forget Engineer Femi Akinde. I can not forget Mr. Jimmy Akinwmi and many Other.

The Yorubas and Igbos are just like 2 jealous woman married to one man(housas) who instead of pleasing themselves as a fellow woman try to please the husband. Before you crusify me I want to give you assignment.

The assignment is this
Just breathe in, relax, take a pen and piece of paper, write down how a Yoruba man or Igbo man have offended you personally and not what someone told you. Believe me if you try this you may not fine any. Why are we hating each Other? Why can we come together to fight our common enemy......

Wow.. wisdom will never elude you from this day. I pray they do as you say oo, that's subtle self check on their beclouded subconscious.

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba And Igbo by Mightyhaiz: 8:17pm On Oct 08, 2019
Yoruba has to support Igbo like Igbo supported Yoruba obasanjo to be president.. That is the only semblance to honororable thing they can do for now. Epistles are useless for now

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba And Igbo by LZAA: 8:18pm On Oct 08, 2019
immhotep:

grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba And Igbo by meccuno: 8:19pm On Oct 08, 2019
nabiz:

The assignment is this
no matter how you feel you were treated, there are good people in all ethnic groups. but the fact still remains that we are very different people. i dont hate the Yoruba's or any other tribe. but Africa needs to be great. and the only way is to destroy the artificial boundaries created by the whites. we can be good brothers from afar and do business together. no matter how we try to love one another there would still be clashes here and there. what we need are separate Nations. The only time the Nigeria MADE head way was when we had regions. in a family, when the children grow up to be adults, they leave their parents house to start their own families. no one grows old with the parents living in the same house. our destinies are not the same path. the hausas are calm people but are aggressive when religion is abused. the Yoruba man is offended when his tradition is abused but is much more passive than the Northerner. the Igbos are very aggressive and have a go getter mentality which offends most of their host. God created them that way and it cannot be tames or changed even if you kill 10 million of them. they understand themselves perfectly well. i believe a peaceful separation is the best. being in this country is stiffing progress and stunting the growth of various tribes who want to be progressives. i hate the fact that people are killed needlessly because of the greed of the white man. lets make it happen to avert a catastrophe that is looming in future. it would be worse than 1967.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba And Igbo by RussianKGB: 8:26pm On Oct 08, 2019
Unity beggar inviting secessionists to his thread. What an opium.
Re: Yoruba And Igbo by Mightyhaiz: 8:29pm On Oct 08, 2019
meccuno:
no matter how you feel you were treated, there are good people in all ethnic groups. but the fact still remains that we are very different people. i dont hate the Yoruba's or any other tribe. but Africa needs to be great. and the only way is to destroy the artificial boundaries created by the whites. we can be good brothers from afar and do business together. no matter how we try to love one another there would still be clashes here and there. what we need are separate Nations. The only time the Nigeria MADE head way was when we had regions. in a family, when the children grow up to be adults, they leave their parents house to start their own families. no one grows old with the parents living in the same house. our destinies are not the same path. the hausas are calm people but are aggressive when religion is abused. the Yoruba man is offended when his tradition is abused but is much more passive than the Northerner. the Igbos are very aggressive and have a go getter mentality which offends most of their host. God created them that way and it cannot be tames or changed even if you kill 10 million of them. they understand themselves perfectly well. i believe a peaceful separation is the best. being in this country is stiffing progress and stunting the growth of various tribes who want to be progressives. i hate the fact that people are killed needlessly because of the greed of the white man. lets make it happen to avert a catastrophe that is looming in future. it would be worse than 1967.
refreshing and remarkable read. Kudos

1 Like

Re: Yoruba And Igbo by EeyanMayweather(m): 8:34pm On Oct 08, 2019
Mightyhaiz:
Yoruba has to support Igbo like Igbo supported Yoruba obasanjo to be president.. That is the only semblance to honororable thing they can do for now. Epistles are useless for now
Empty chest beating
Re: Yoruba And Igbo by meccuno: 8:38pm On Oct 08, 2019
RussianKGB:
Unity beggar inviting secessionists to his thread. What an opium.

Re: Yoruba And Igbo by Blankstare(m): 8:39pm On Oct 08, 2019
meccuno:

Good. Your presentation are rational for the players of Nigerian project. Just like Ken saro wiwa of blessed memory will say ''ethnicity is a fact of an ethnic group, ethnocentrism is what's been use to cause commotion in a multi ethnic state''.
Re: Yoruba And Igbo by Mightyhaiz: 8:46pm On Oct 08, 2019
EeyanMayweather:

Empty chest beating
lolz,so demanding for equity is now chest beating..buzz off will ya?
Re: Yoruba And Igbo by meccuno: 8:52pm On Oct 08, 2019
Blankstare:

Good. Your presentation are rational for the players of Nigerian project. Just like Ken saro wiwa of blessed memory will say ''ethnicity is a fact of an ethnic group, ethnocentrism is what's been use to cause commotion in a multi ethnic state''.
When i tell people these things they dont want to hear. The whites are people we need to emulate before we create a system that suits us. if you check most European countries they are basically people with the same cultural affinity and religion. That is why we have countries in Europe that are not very large in size. The British being an advanced country and a colonial power knew the effects of what they did in Nigeria. They never wanted us to progress because we asked for independence from them. The other ethnic group would always have problems with the Igbos because they are more republican in Nature coming from a background that is not structured to having a traditional king just like the Yoruba and the Hausa. they are very independent minded.. but others view it as arrogance and aggressiveness. These differences in FEATURES leads to conflicts. now you have a country where the average Igbo man is being subdued it irritates his natural instincts of being free and a boss to him self. suppressing a people because you dont understand them leads to crises. a case study is the Serbs and the Croatians. i dont want crises but we are dangerously treading that path. The white man for what is worth doesn't care if we all die just so that we satisfy their greed for our natural resources. Like i said, the Igbos and Yoruba's have something in common which is the growth of Africa but we are held back by the systematic programming of the British and the whites to instill fear and forcefully impose their will on us. The day the SW and SE create a country of their own is when Africa would be liberated. show me any tribe is the whole of Africa who have advanced educationally like these two tribes and the south as a whole? we are just suppressing the growth of this continent bey being entrapped in this open air concentration camp called Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba And Igbo by Osaze007: 8:53pm On Oct 08, 2019
All southern tribes are fools

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba And Igbo by MetaPhysical: 9:03pm On Oct 08, 2019
immhotep:

Nwanne,
ka anyi mee ib' anyi obi oma. Ndiigbo na ndiyoruba bu otu, but as we all know....gbako anyi bu ihe diri nigeria.

My people my people... grin
Re: Yoruba And Igbo by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 08, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Nwanne,
ka anyi mee ib' anyi obi oma. Ndiigbo na ndiyoruba bu otu, but as we all know....gbako anyi bu ihe diri nigeria.

My people my people... grin

I quiver for this your Igbo writing sha grin grin

cc lzaa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba And Igbo by MetaPhysical: 9:15pm On Oct 08, 2019
Mightyhaiz:
refreshing and remarkable read. Kudos

He is very smart guy but when his snuff runs out he can be very temperamental...and obnoxious!
Re: Yoruba And Igbo by Blankstare(m): 9:16pm On Oct 08, 2019
meccuno:
When i tell people these things they dont want to hear. The whites are people we need to emulate before we create a system that suits us. if you check most European countries they are basically people with the same cultural affinity and religion. That is why we have countries in Europe that are not very large in size. The British being an advanced country and a colonial power knew the effects of what they did in Nigeria. They never wanted us to progress because we asked for independence from them. The other ethnic group would always have problems with the Igbos because they are more republican in Nature coming from a background that is not structured to having a traditional king just like the Yoruba and the Hausa. they are very independent minded.. but others view it as arrogance and aggressiveness. These differences in FEATURES leads to conflicts. now you have a country where the average Igbo man is being subdued it irritates his natural instincts of being free and a boss to him self. suppressing a people because you dont understand them leads to crises. a case study is the Serbs and the Croatians. i dont want crises but we are dangerously treading that path. The white man for what is worth doesn't care if we all die just so that we satisfy their greed for our natural resources. Like i said, the Igbos and Yoruba's have something in common which is the growth of Africa but we are held back by the systematic programming of the British and the whites to instill fear and forcefully impose their will on us. The day the SW and SE create a country of their own is when Africa would be liberated. show me any tribe is the whole of Africa who have advanced educationally like these two tribes and the south as a whole? we are just suppressing the growth of this continent bey being entrapped in this open air concentration camp called Nigeria.

One of the region or a selfless leader is needed to champion the southern cause, the igbos sees the yourabas weak or too diplomatic a people, the yorubas view the igbos too overzealous and haven't no record of bigger monarchies, kingdoms or institution to show they will respect and submit to authorities if a southern political system is formed. South southern minorities haven't evolve in to a political unit yet. A melting pot is needed to be created among them all.
Re: Yoruba And Igbo by MetaPhysical: 9:18pm On Oct 08, 2019
immhotep:

I quiver for this your Igbo writing sha grin grin

cc lzaa

I speak village igbo...

Ok, thats it!
Adadiorama I of Ibekuland. Come tow ya husband.
Re: Yoruba And Igbo by LZAA: 9:26pm On Oct 08, 2019
meccuno:
Meccuno is nairalander of the day
Gbam
Re: Yoruba And Igbo by LZAA: 9:27pm On Oct 08, 2019
MetaPhysical:

I speak village igbo...

Ok, thats it!
Adadiorama I of Ibekuland. Come tow ya husband.
You just want Adaibeku abi grin
Cc immhotep GMBuharii

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba And Igbo by meccuno: 9:30pm On Oct 08, 2019
Blankstare:

One of the region or a selfless leader is needed to champion the southern cause, the igbos sees the yourabas weak or too diplomatic a people, the yorubas view the igbos too overzealous and haven't no record of bigger monarchies, kingdoms or institution to show they will respect and submit to authorities if a southern political system is formed. South southern minorities haven't evolve in to a political unit yet. A melting pot is needed to be created among them all.
someone has to swallow that pride. It's basically a lack of understanding. But my mind has been made concerning outrightly dividing this country. Following the history of this country it would be extremely difficult to make progress. Imagine people already huslting for 2023 presidency . Really annoying. We are still not making progress and all these stvpid politicians know is the next elections!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor / Was Obasanjo Fathered By Police Officer Onyejekwe? A Myth Buster In Progress / Nnamdi Kanu Is Derailing From His Biafra Agitation By Congratulating Orji Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.