Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,291 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

BBNaija: Nigerians React To The Car Mercy Got As Winner - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / BBNaija: Nigerians React To The Car Mercy Got As Winner (72782 Views)

Portable Receives His Benz Papers As He Reveals The Cost Of The Car / Buju Receives His Bentley Car Gift as Winner of Headies Next Rated Awards / Ugochi Ihezue Receives Her Official Car As Winner, MBGN 2017 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBNaija: Nigerians React To The Car Mercy Got As Winner by Win95: 11:02am On Oct 09, 2019
Why are people bringing in tribalism into this, innoson have more aesthetically appealing models. Its not about the car company but this particular model.

2 Likes

Re: BBNaija: Nigerians React To The Car Mercy Got As Winner by fergieboy: 11:03am On Oct 09, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
That was the car up for grab. What if it was a guy that won?
lol they where thinking it will be a guy that will win as always hence the car

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBNaija: Nigerians React To The Car Mercy Got As Winner by airsaylongcon: 11:05am On Oct 09, 2019
immortalcrown:

But, I have a question. Why must BBN organizers decide how a winner of the show must spend the money? Why can the winner get the whole 60 Million Naira, then decide which car to buy or not to buy a car at all?

The organisers never promised ₦60m cash prize. They said ₦60m WORTH of prizes. Big difference

1 Like

Re: BBNaija: Nigerians React To The Car Mercy Got As Winner by willy707: 11:05am On Oct 09, 2019
Today's fixed correct score game available . just Call or Whatsapp
Re: BBNaija: Nigerians React To The Car Mercy Got As Winner by Alexgeneration(m): 11:09am On Oct 09, 2019
rtdCivilservant:

I used to think that u are sensible before, must u bring in tribalism into everything? It would have been better if u had stopped at 'because it is made in Nigeria' it would have sounded more mature than going further to bring in tribe.
Shut up!!!

He is very sensible and right.

You bunch of hateful yaribanza are just bitter because it's Innoson and your overhyped awo grandson didn't win the show.

Common gerrout.
Re: BBNaija: Nigerians React To The Car Mercy Got As Winner by fireback: 11:11am On Oct 09, 2019
immortalcrown:
It is complicated. Na marketing strategy.

Innoson wants to invoke his vehicle brands into the life of celebrities and youths. That is why his own was presented to Mercy. If you observe the environment, you will notice that celebrities and youths do not buy Innoson-made vehicles. Anything that does not get the attention of celebrities and youths is under-appreciated in the Naija. Just watch out, celebrities and youths will gradually begin to buy Innoson-made vehicles because Mercy owns one. 'Nnewi people get sense.' grin

But at the same time, 'e get wetin dey fit pesin'. Mercy is a female, I consider even a Toyota Corolla more suitable for her.

But, I have a question. Why must BBN organizers decide how a winner of the show must spend the money? Why can the winner get the whole 60 Million Naira, then decide which car to buy or not to buy a car at all?
the car is a product of one of the sponsors of big brother. Giving her their product is one way advert for them. Did you expect the company to be advertising money instead of their products.
Re: BBNaija: Nigerians React To The Car Mercy Got As Winner by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 09, 2019
It looks okay. I like jeeps.
Re: BBNaija: Nigerians React To The Car Mercy Got As Winner by GeneralPula: 11:15am On Oct 09, 2019
immortalcrown:

Innoson wants to invoke his vehicle brands into the life of celebrities and youths. That is why his own was presented to Mercy. If you observe the environment, you will notice that celebrities and youths do not buy Innoson-made vehicles. Anything that does not get the attention of celebrities and youths is under-appreciated in the Naija. Just watch out, celebrities and youths will gradually begin to buy Innoson-made vehicles because Mercy owns one. 'Nnewi people get sense.' grin

But at the same time, 'e get wetin dey fit pesin'. Mercy is a female, I consider even a Toyota Corolla more suitable for her.

Naso bros...I myself prefer Big daddy or Muscle to that jagajaga
Re: BBNaija: Nigerians React To The Car Mercy Got As Winner by smokeyupu(m): 11:17am On Oct 09, 2019
donstan18:
The only reason they are condemning the car is because it's Nigerian made or should i say made in Igbo land, because if you check the people condemning it on that comment section with the names "Omo Akin and omo=Banty", you'll understand me better.

Most of them don't have wheelbarrow to their names, but they are busy laughing and complaining for Mercy who is an ambassador of one of the best car production company in Africa.

Nwanne, whether you like it or not, sensible people are proud of Innoson Motors!
We are proud of made in Nigeria but the car's not worth #25M.
And we should call a spade what it is. Innoson Motors only assembles vehicles made in China delivered to them in a crate.
Why senators de go buy Toyota Land cruiser Prado?

1 Like

Re: BBNaija: Nigerians React To The Car Mercy Got As Winner by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 09, 2019
Re: BBNaija: Nigerians React To The Car Mercy Got As Winner by Erolow(f): 11:24am On Oct 09, 2019
grin

If you are interested in learning new digital marketing skills at no cost, check my signature below
Re: BBNaija: Nigerians React To The Car Mercy Got As Winner by marv1: 11:26am On Oct 09, 2019
Criticaltemp:
Made in 51 Iweka road onitcha.. No be me talk am look.. Na tunde. Anyways, am just passing by with ma guys oo

Something they worry u ooo
What is the name of this your SUV with 8 persengers.
I beg I no fit laugh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBNaija: Nigerians React To The Car Mercy Got As Winner by ogbonnachrys: 11:26am On Oct 09, 2019
This Car fit Efe not Mercy Lambo
Re: BBNaija: Nigerians React To The Car Mercy Got As Winner by topstone4: 11:29am On Oct 09, 2019
donstan18:
The only reason they are condemning the car is because it's Nigerian made or should i say made in Igbo land, because if you check the people condemning it on that comment section with the names "Omo Akin and omo=Banty", you'll understand me better.

Most of them don't have wheelbarrow to their names, but they are busy laughing and complaining for Mercy who is an ambassador of one of the best car production company in Africa.

Nwanne, whether you like it or not, sensible people are proud of Innoson Motors!

No, you are being blinded by tribalism. The reasons they are condemning the car is because it looks ugly and it looks cheaper than a 25 million naira car.

2 Likes

Re: BBNaija: Nigerians React To The Car Mercy Got As Winner by dayowunmi(m): 11:29am On Oct 09, 2019
It's no longer surprising how Nigerians bring tribalism into everything. The issue with the car is not about the maker but about the pricing! 25 million naira for a car like that is not worth it. There are a lot of good brands out there who SUVs possibly cost way less. Assuming other SUVs even cost 25mill, how will you be starting out fresh in a new market and charging same amount as the more accomplished sellers in that market? Its like you start producing phones as a Nigerian manufacturer and wants to be selling for same price as Samsung or iPhone who have been in the game for way longer. This has nothing to do with colonial mentality, a new product shouldn't cost as much as a more established product, anywhere. Everything is not tribalism. If you have 25 million to spend on a car, how many will consider Innoson when you can get other models from other manufacturers for possibly a couple of millions less! Go and read up on penetration pricing in economics. You will know better.

3 Likes

Re: BBNaija: Nigerians React To The Car Mercy Got As Winner by jaxxy(m): 11:29am On Oct 09, 2019
donstan18:

Many of them are ignorant or biased or tribal bigots or even inferiority complex. Before u condemn a car u need to have details and specifications then make an informed judgement. All these ones are mumu idle comments. We haven’t even seen the interior and engine it might be better than the Hyundai they are tripping for.
Re: BBNaija: Nigerians React To The Car Mercy Got As Winner by kadiri3(m): 11:36am On Oct 09, 2019
immortalcrown:

GOD FORBID I CAN'T BUY DIS IGBO MADE CAR
Re: BBNaija: Nigerians React To The Car Mercy Got As Winner by Chuksyno(m): 11:37am On Oct 09, 2019
JoanHicks:
Car meant for war grin
9ja roads are not in any way better. Besides that car is rugged and relatively cheaper and synonymous compare to total sum being rewarded to the winner. Most cheap Internationally made rugged Sport Utility Vehicle with bulletproof is not less than N200,000000
Re: BBNaija: Nigerians React To The Car Mercy Got As Winner by kadiri3(m): 11:38am On Oct 09, 2019
THE OWNER OF THE INNOSON NA IGBO ABEG I NO LIKE IGBO MADE
Re: BBNaija: Nigerians React To The Car Mercy Got As Winner by Davidzy23(m): 11:44am On Oct 09, 2019
Nigerians and reactions sha... They will react to everything..
But wetin concern me and d car.. if I get the type I Don get motor be that na...
Nonsense and ingredients....
Re: BBNaija: Nigerians React To The Car Mercy Got As Winner by obailala(m): 11:49am On Oct 09, 2019
The people unhappy with the vehicle should go knock their useless heads against a wall... Maybe if they all die, Nigeria may be left with reasonable humans who understand the importance of patronising Nigerian brands.
Re: BBNaija: Nigerians React To The Car Mercy Got As Winner by val12(m): 11:50am On Oct 09, 2019
congrats
Re: BBNaija: Nigerians React To The Car Mercy Got As Winner by Wickedtruths: 11:51am On Oct 09, 2019
I don't care if this ugly car is made in jupiter, the vehicle is very ugly and not suitable for use by a lady.

That being said, anyone who says it's because it was made by an igbo person that the vehicle is being criticised is suffering from victim complex.

How many Igbos buy Innoson's vehicles and use it in their homes? December is coming now, let's see how many Igbos would carry Innoson home for Christmas.

They said the car is ugly and some idiots are saying it's because it's not made by an igbo man. Ndi ara.

1 Like

Re: BBNaija: Nigerians React To The Car Mercy Got As Winner by GoldPencil: 11:53am On Oct 09, 2019
Let's be honest. Innoson cars are not good looking compared to its contemporaries, and it's for one reason in my opinion: the chassis is too high/far away from the tyres. I dont know if it's supposed to be a trademark or somebody at the plant just says "o boy make we chuk am like that, dem go buy." it is present in all their cars that I've seen. At first I was also wondering if they have any curvy cars, as all the models I saw at the time were too boxy. Kind of like the matchbox or st Louis sugar carton cars we made as kids, but they've sorted that.

If they can just lower the chassis to look like the average car, then it will make a world of difference. Also they should work on their tv adverts. Small changes and this car company will start generating more pride and envy. This is my opinion. I no fight anybody so no one should be unfortunate and come with stupid yans. comments can be respectful and civil. Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBNaija: Nigerians React To The Car Mercy Got As Winner by Purplekush(m): 11:55am On Oct 09, 2019
rtdCivilservant:

I used to think that u are sensible before, must u bring in tribalism into everything? It would have been better if u had stopped at 'because it is made in Nigeria' it would have sounded more mature than going further to bring in tribe.

lol but if it was about pushing drugs you'd love us to be specific with the tribe abi? smiley
Re: BBNaija: Nigerians React To The Car Mercy Got As Winner by GoldPencil: 12:03pm On Oct 09, 2019
long story short. okay interior, ugly exterior na the brand be that currently. And it's because we as Nigerians hardly pay attention to aesthetics. we are concerned only with function. "E dey work? okay package am like dat". and this is for those who are honest enough to not sell u something that will pieces in one month.

u try and tell somebody maybe bricklayer or tiler to do it a certain way that will show design and beauty, the next thing you will hear is " Oga you wan com tish me my work" or "na so we de do am" or "you go add extra money, this one na double work". But for th few that follow without complain, when it comes out fine, they will steal a sample and go and hang in their shop to show new customer. Innoson should pay more attention to design. that's an ugly car. Nepa men will love it. Will go well with their oversized offshore black boot and dirty blue Jean's cheesy
Re: BBNaija: Nigerians React To The Car Mercy Got As Winner by Kiloseria: 12:17pm On Oct 09, 2019
I am proud of unison
Re: BBNaija: Nigerians React To The Car Mercy Got As Winner by Kiloseria: 12:17pm On Oct 09, 2019
I am proud of inoson motors
Re: BBNaija: Nigerians React To The Car Mercy Got As Winner by TSRC: 12:27pm On Oct 09, 2019
They should have given the smaller car they gave khafi.
It is not as strong as this, but it is more flashy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oritsefemi Buys Peugeot 307 To Celebrate His 33rd Birthday (Photos) / Chioma Rocks Cleavage-baring Gucci Outfit To Davido’s 02 Arena Concert (Photos) / Wizkid Having Fun In His Mansion In California With His Team (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.