Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? (47826 Views)

Inside The Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Plant As You Have Never Seen It Before / Oluwo Of Iwo's Innoson Car Spotted In UNILAG (Photos) / The Innoson Military Vehicles Purchased By Nigerian Army (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 10, 2019
TundeBricklayer:

Show me the picture bitter son from bitter tribe

who hates you and those overpriced rubbish cars that none of you can buy?
why have all your car sellers not stopped bringing in accidented death traps and moved onto innoson chinko death traps?
because, like you, they know the cars are bad market

it is only government that will buy, because of govt policy on local content

1 Like

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by ihustlehard: 4:41pm On Oct 10, 2019
LegendHero:

Haha now you are changing your stance. Lets forgket about this bro.
it seems you dont get my point,, i dont argure with non intelectuals , you should know every car manufacturing process involves some level of automation,
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by luminouz(m): 4:43pm On Oct 10, 2019
ZoeyJ:
You think it's easy for people to give free money,those type of people are rare. Even my boss feels reluctant to pay money i worked for
cheesy
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by TSRC: 4:47pm On Oct 10, 2019
solutionist:
After making billions from the show, they still went ahead to deprive the winner of N3.7m. By the way, after paying N30m. And the SUV is N25m. What happens to the balance N5m? That can't be deductions for tax - or is it?
How much did she used to buy form for bbnaija to warrant such level of entitlement mentality?
Did you even compare the current price money for with past winners to see if there is any shortchanging there?

You just talk nonsense like most Nigerians.
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by AlhajiAbdul: 4:52pm On Oct 10, 2019
To be honest, there are a lot of idiots on this forum
The organizers made it clear that it was N60m worth of prizes and not 60m cash. The prizes on stake were:
1. VVIP ticket to European Final
2. N30m cash
3. Innoson SUV
4. One-year supply of Pepsi products
5. A home make-over
6. A trip to Dubai
7. One year supply of Indomie
8. One year supply of Munch-it

These were the prizes that totalled N60m.

How this dumb OP, AutoJosh, and his idiotic band of cohorts managed to arrive at the fact that the car was monetized at 25m beats my imagination.

1 Like

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by TSRC: 4:53pm On Oct 10, 2019
ornicus:

who hates you and those overpriced rubbish cars that none of you can buy?
why have all your car sellers not stopped bringing in accidented death traps and moved onto innoson chinko death traps?
because, like you, they know the cars are bad market

it is only government that will buy, because of govt policy on local content
Don't worry when the govt restricts the quota of imported cars and only the very rich can afford the few foreign cars in the country, you would beg to buy innoson then.

The only thing that is stopping it for now is that innoson cannot supply the entire country yet.

But he is getting there soon with increasing automation and expansion.
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by obajoey(m): 4:55pm On Oct 10, 2019
so right.
WalkerMichael:

Na pure scam

Google baic bj40

Cc ornicus

1 Like

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 10, 2019
TSRC:

Don't worry when the govt restricts the quota of imported cars and only the very rich can afford the few foreign cars in the country, you would beg to buy innoson then.

The only thing that is stopping it for now is that innoson cannot supply the entire country yet.

But he is getting there soon with increasing automation and expansion.

The government has already done that. That why a brand new Toyota Corolla went from 6m to 20m +.

No one , not even you , the noisy online supporters have gone buying his cars.

We know the weird issues with Korean cars once they pass four years. I shudder to imagine an innoson car after two years

5 Likes

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by TSRC: 5:01pm On Oct 10, 2019
ornicus:

The government has already done that. That why a brand new Toyota Corolla went from 6m to 20m +.

No one , not even you , the noisy online supporters have gone buying his cars.

We know the weird issues with Korean cars once they pass four years. I shudder to imagine an innoson car after two years
They have actually not done that yet.
Jonathan tried it a bit to bring the foreign brands to Nigeria, but buhari removed it.
By the time they do it fully, Mercedes Benz and Toyota would become as scarce as Thailand rice now.

Buy your foreign car while you can.

You are wondering about Korean cars, yet people still buy Hyundai.
You would buy innoson by force and they would become world class with your money, just like huawei did.
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 10, 2019
TSRC:

They have actually not done that yet.
Jonathan tried it a bit to bring the foreign brands to Nigeria, but buhari removed it.
By the time they do it fully, Mercedes Benz and Toyota would become as scarce as Thailand rice now.

Buy your foreign car while you can.

You are wondering about Korean cars, yet people still buy Hyundai.
You would buy innoson by force and they would become world class with your money, just like huawei did.

You mean baic , not innoson. Baic that has still not found its way out of China.

Your baic is like tecno. Something that will only be adopted where standards are low and life is not valued.

Continue to fantasize.

4 Likes

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by TSRC: 5:09pm On Oct 10, 2019
ornicus:

You mean baic , not innoson. Baic that has still not found its way out of China.

Your baic is like tecno. Something that will only be adopted where standards are low and life is not valued.

Continue to fantasize.
Baic ko basic ni.

Maybe you need to pay a visit to innoson and see the awesome engineering work going on there.

Mr man, you are not in Germany. Don't fly before you can walk.
Standards my foot.
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 10, 2019
TSRC:

Baic ko basic ni.

Maybe you need to pay a visit to innoson and see the awesome engineering work going on there.

Mr man, you are not in Germany. Don't fly before you can walk.
Standards my foot.

Hopefully you will put your money where your mouth is and actually buy one smiley

2 Likes

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by TSRC: 5:19pm On Oct 10, 2019
ornicus:

Hopefully you will put your money where your mouth is and actually buy one smiley
I have no problem buying one.
Once I have money, I would buy the ivm fox.

At least, let me use a zero mileage car for once.
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by Ladipodeal: 5:19pm On Oct 10, 2019
solutionist:
After making billions from the show, they still went ahead to deprive the winner of N3.7m. By the way, after paying N30m. And the SUV is N25m. What happens to the balance N5m? That can't be deductions for tax - or is it?

Value for the Scanfrost appliances won.
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 10, 2019
oyinda1599:
Ofcos she was....Indirect scamming method.
What is dat behind you?! shocked lipsrsealed
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by SuperBlack: 5:23pm On Oct 10, 2019
PureFace1:

There is no doubt GLO is not very good but I'm still using the same GLO network.

Many Igbo have said a lot of Negative things about GLO and you don't see Yoruba people all over the internet screaming it was because he is Yoruba.

How many people are even supporting GLO as a Nigerian brand?

But you want us to support Innoson

Sorry, I can't remember asking you to support Innoson, you have nothing to offer to Innoson, you can't help Innoson in any way, he's well above you and your Generation

You can still testify how bad Glo network is,

even staffs of Glo don't use the Network,
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by SuperBlack: 5:27pm On Oct 10, 2019
seanjy4konji:
Its SHUT and not shot...Mr Shot caller.

Where have your English taken you to rather than watching of BB9ja nonsense

Where was your English knowledge when Buhari that knew nothing is leading over your head?

Nonsensical Individual
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by Commentor: 5:27pm On Oct 10, 2019
omenka:
shocked shocked shocked

Exactly what I did.

Manufacturer my foot.
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by IamAtikulate: 5:29pm On Oct 10, 2019
AutoJoshNG:
Since the Big Brother Naija - Pepper Dem edition - ended, there have been vigorous conversations centred around the cost of the IVM G40 SUV prize. Many Nigerians opined that the G40 was too pricey for a locally-made vehicle. Some suggested that many imported brands of SUVs cost a lot less.

See The Current Prices Of 19 Compact SUVs in Nigeria HERE

Due to the furore generated by the price of the IVM G40, as announced by the organizer of the Big Brother Naija, we contacted Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing – the manufacturer of the vehicle - to determine the actual price of the vehicle.

We were informed that the G40 sells for N21.3million. This is about N3.7million less than what Multichoice announced.

So, why did Multichoice announce that the car costs N25million?

According to Ehijie, a car buff, Innoson probably sells the base model of the IVM G40 for N21.3 million. The base model of a car typically comes without some customizations or unique extra features.

Now the question is, even if the model of IVM G40 presented to Mercy Eke as the BBN prize was the upgraded model, what sort of upgrade was made on it that would cost N3.7million?

Read the complete article HERE

Source:

https://autojosh.com/did-big-brother-naija-shortchange-the-winner-of-the-show-with-the-car-prize/
You are ignorant. Innoson is a BBN sponsor. He wasn't paid to supply that car, he gave it out for promotion.

Stop spreading fake news.
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by EzekaUdenee: 5:31pm On Oct 10, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

Exactly what I did.

Manufacturer my foot.
[/s]
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by IamAtikulate: 5:31pm On Oct 10, 2019
PureFace1:

There is no doubt GLO is not very good but I'm still using the same GLO network.

Many Igbo have said a lot of Negative things about GLO and you don't see Yoruba people all over the internet screaming it was because he is Yoruba.

How many people are even supporting GLO as a Nigerian brand?

But you want us to support Innoson
Who is this one? Person wey never chop want to support Innoson.

Wetin Osas no go see for ring road
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 10, 2019
Manufactured or assembled, the problem with innoson is pricing and lack of a viable market strategy.

1 Like

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by Risingblue008(m): 5:42pm On Oct 10, 2019
Even though, e dey easy to drive a car wet Worth 20m?e dey easy?
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by Vikings25: 5:48pm On Oct 10, 2019
That price is rediculus and way out of control I don't expect 25m for that suv.....

1 Like

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by oyinda1599(f): 5:58pm On Oct 10, 2019
Buckubuck:

What is dat behind you?! shocked lipsrsealed
What does it look like?
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 10, 2019
oyinda1599:
What does it look like?
Bugan!! kiss
Se mo le je mbe? tongue
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by nextstep(m): 6:22pm On Oct 10, 2019
My biggest concern is: who pays the VAT on this gift of money and vehicle? Are we saying FIRS is not going to collect their tax from Mercy?

But as for the car: the price is N21.3M for the base, but we know that by the time most luxury cars roll out with the options, fees - and maybe taxes - that price goes up significantly. I don't know that the extras and taxes are worth 3.7M, but there you are...

But you know the biggest winner in all of this? Innoson. Their brand is the most talked about in Nigeria this week, and I'm sure some big boys and girls are at least considering it. This is a good thing.

Assembly oh, manufacturing oh... think of:
1 - how much money you need to create a vehicle assembly/manufacturing complex. This is not Toyota or VW which have the power of shareholders and stock market to fund. This is from ONE person's pocket. A Nigerian.
2 - how many cars are being sold, and how much profit is being generated monthly by a single business.
3 - most huge manufacturers started out assembling, and moved up the value chain. Some even started as bicycle repair shops. In 10-20 years, I imagine Innoson will design and make more of the parts in their cars.
4 - some of his technicians will take their experience to start companies that service and make car parts.
5 - people complain it's expensive: they have a range of cars, from the Fox all the way up to G80. These are new cars, so don't expect tokunbo prices.
6 - they say he is a mere rebadger of Chinese models: fine. I would love to be the multi-billionaire with the resources to assemble hundreds of vehicles weekly. That's going too far; even if I had a plant that could assemble just one car a day, I would be happy. Where do I sign up?
7 - think of all the people he's employing with his "mere assembly plant". All those complaining combined, how many people have they employed with their wisdom and keyboard business acumen?

Instead of finding fault... aspire. This is an inspirational company, no matter how you look at it.

Innoson will not be selling if people were not buying. Instead of claiming "I won't buy it", maybe you should emulate those who think it's good value, who realize we must support and encourage our own, because it's the only way to get better.

As for me, I'm saving up for a used Innoson SUV which should hit the market in 2-3 years, as the initial buyers trade in. When I can afford it, you bet I will buy an Innoson SUV.

God bless Innocent Chuwkuma and people like him, using their talents and resources to make this country better than they met it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by PureFace1(m): 6:51pm On Oct 10, 2019
IamAtikulate:

Who is this one? Person wey never chop want to support Innoson.

Wetin Osas no go see for ring road

Just because hunger is killing you doesn't mean it is like that everywhere
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by PureFace1(m): 6:51pm On Oct 10, 2019
SuperBlack:

Sorry, I can't remember asking you to support Innoson, you have nothing to offer to Innoson, you can't help Innoson in any way, he's well above you and your Generation

You can still testify how bad Glo network is,

even staffs of Glo don't use the Network,

Take your frustration else where
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by TundeBricklayer: 6:56pm On Oct 10, 2019
LegendHero:

I swear other models are not manufactured. All of the INNOSON car models are carbon copies of other car products.

I don't want to have anything to do in de-marketing Innoson, that is why I haven't opened a thread on all their cars on Nairaland.

I repeat all their cars, are re-coupled cars of majorly Chinese origin. I have evidence to that claim, not just mouthing
Children from bitter tribe dose this look like assembling plant

Below Innoson plant

1 Like

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by TundeBricklayer: 7:00pm On Oct 10, 2019
LegendHero:

[b]
I

View Innoson manufacturing plant

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jerking When Trying To Accelerate My 1998 Honda Accord / 15 Most Loved Cars In Nigeria. / 2020 Honda Invisus: The Most Amazing Honda Car Ever Imagined (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.