Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Creating WordPress-Like Static Homepage For Blog - The Simple Way - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Creating WordPress-Like Static Homepage For Blog - The Simple Way (653 Views)

I Want To Sell My Blog + The Naija Adsense On It. / Help On The Template A Blog Is Using pls webmaster / Does Google Adsense Still Approve Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Creating WordPress-Like Static Homepage For Blog - The Simple Way by ArykTECH(m): 9:26pm On Oct 09, 2019
What is Static Homepage?

A static homepage is a web page that is delivered to the user's web browser and viewed exactly as stored. Unlike the conventional blog's homepage that loads and displays your blog posts in order of their published date (by default), static homepage displays your welcome text, introduction to your blog, some videos and other multimedia content or whichever content you choose to display on your static homepage.

NOTE: For the step by step instruction and the codes required to create static homepage for your Blog see here: How to Create Static Homepage for Blog - Step by Step Guides

What Are Advantages of Static Homepage On Blog?

Static homepage on blog is accompanied by many benefits but I have only listed a few from the numerous list below here:

1. It improves your blog's pageviews per visitor thereby giving it a better feat on alexa ranking.
2. It makes your blog load faster though depending on your application, this may apply only to your homepage. It's all good and better all the same.
3. It increases on-site daily time spent. You may refer to alexa for more detail on this.
4. It makes your blog look friendly to search engines such as Google and Bing bots.
5. It makes your blog look more attractive to your visitors and more friendly to browse.
6. It reduces your blog's bounce rate. See alexa for details on this as well.

For most bloggers using Google's blogging platform (), creating a static homepage similar to WordPress is a nightmare. If you are one of those bloggers willing to have a perfect static homepage for your blog, this post is dedicated to help you achieve that in the simplest way.

Because blogging was meant to be and look simple, most blogging platforms are designed to accommodate simplicity something which is obvious in their layout and posts arramgement. However, as blogging becomes more popular and adapted by individuals, companies and coporate bodies, the need for extreme personalization and uniqueness in every blog becomes an essential factor.

And one of those things that make your blog look even more unique is having a perfect static homepage in place. But by design, is not to have a static homepage at least, till the moment this post is being published. Thus, unless you have an immense knowledge of coding of some sort and invest a great deal of time, you cannot have a static homepage on blog.

Fortunately though, I have come up with a simple tutorial that shows you how to create a static homepage for your blog without having to redirect your blog's visitors to another page. Here, I have compiled a set of code blocks along with the tutorial that shows you how to implement them on your blog so that you may have a perfect static homepage for the blog.

(1) (Reply)

My Posts Don't Appear Under The Right Categories On Desktop View / Need A Mockup / How Do I Get Google Adsense For My ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.