Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,580 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Benin Republic Asked Their President To Resign Due To The Border Closure. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin Republic Asked Their President To Resign Due To The Border Closure. (5670 Views)

Tinubu: Ghanaians Dragging Their President For Congratulating Tinubu / Thousands Of INEC Ad-hoc Staff For Anambra Election Resign Due To IPOB Declarati / Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Benin Republic Asked Their President To Resign Due To The Border Closure. by Afamed: 10:05am On Oct 10, 2019
zeuss:
cryI

Katsina border with Niger republic is an express way for smugglers....wide open gape with a railline link connection in the offing.
Stop saying what you don't know. Katsina / Niger Boaders are all closed

Re: Benin Republic Asked Their President To Resign Due To The Border Closure. by franchasng: 10:28am On Oct 10, 2019
But they were making noise before that Nigerians in their country should leave their country early this year, with Togolese

Re: Benin Republic Asked Their President To Resign Due To The Border Closure. by Twice27(m): 10:31am On Oct 10, 2019
ok. U passed through there yesterday right.

Re: Benin Republic Asked Their President To Resign Due To The Border Closure. by alphaNomega: 12:16pm On Oct 10, 2019
People still smuggle goods into Nigeria. The cost only went up.
Re: Benin Republic Asked Their President To Resign Due To The Border Closure. by modik(m): 12:42pm On Oct 10, 2019
MelesZenawi:
Another set of protesters...

Mind you republic of Benin has many Yorubas indigenous to them.

They are same people with the Yorubas we have in Nigeria.

So the protest maybe sponsored from their brothers in Nigeria.

Have u closed Chad porous border where Bokoharam have unfettered access to Nigeria

Re: Benin Republic Asked Their President To Resign Due To The Border Closure. by kevoh(m): 1:34pm On Oct 10, 2019
princemillla:
Lol at first I thought I heard "Davidooo"

They are chanting Talon! Demissione! Demissione is french word for resign!

Re: Benin Republic Asked Their President To Resign Due To The Border Closure. by princemillla(m): 8:07pm On Oct 10, 2019
kevoh:

They are chanting Talon! Demissione! Demissione is french word for resign!

Toor! Mercy mercy
Re: Benin Republic Asked Their President To Resign Due To The Border Closure. by wirinet(m): 8:43pm On Oct 10, 2019
seunmsg:
The land borders should remain closed. They’ve done enough damages to Nigeria’s economy already. No country deserve to share borders with a country like Benin republic whose economy is based on smuggling of items to her big neighbor. They should put an end to smuggling and start trading with Nigeria as a responsible country.
We need to borrow Trump just for a few months, to help us plan a border wall along the Nigeria Benin border. Apart from an invasion of illegal aliens, we are also dealing with smuggling of substandard rice, unwholesome turkey and chicken, drugs and all sorts of second hand goods, including second hand socks, pants and bra.
Re: Benin Republic Asked Their President To Resign Due To The Border Closure. by Guestuser: 10:29pm On Oct 10, 2019
_
Re: Benin Republic Asked Their President To Resign Due To The Border Closure. by grandstar(m): 11:48pm On Oct 10, 2019
MelesZenawi:
Another set of protesters...

Mind you republic of Benin has many Yorubas indigenous to them.

They are same people with the Yorubas we have in Nigeria.

So the protest maybe sponsored from their brothers in Nigeria.

I'm Yoruba but you said does not hold much water. These people are basically stupid as the president is powerless to stop Buhari.

They need to find another model for their economy. The present model is unsustainable.

Re: Benin Republic Asked Their President To Resign Due To The Border Closure. by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 11, 2019
grandstar:

I'm Yoruba but you said does not hold much water. These people are basically stupid as the president is powerless to stop Buhari.

They need to find another model for their economy. The present model is unsustainable.

They are your brothers......

So you can see how difficult it will be for west to abandon them..

Your allegiance should be to them first..

blood is thicker than water..
Re: Benin Republic Asked Their President To Resign Due To The Border Closure. by grandstar(m): 12:16am On Oct 11, 2019
MelesZenawi:

It is not as simple as that. I'm Yoruba but I don't share border with them. I'm from Ondo state for instance. I doubt up to 15% of Yorubas actually share a border with them

Only people living at the border and benefiting from the smuggling have something to gain.

. A border is a border and it creates a new identity. Nigerians are English speakers and Beninoise are French speakers. The Yorubas at the borders don't share the same kings. Each town as its own king. They've been separated for over a 100 years.

It is like saying the Hausas in the North will support their Hausa brethen in Niger (Hausas constutute about 55% of their population). That did not stop the border from being shut neither has it led to its reopening.

This brother thing is exaggerated.

Re: Benin Republic Asked Their President To Resign Due To The Border Closure. by panafrican(m): 12:32am On Oct 11, 2019
Benin is famous for being a country where people
use fake university degrees to seek jobs in West Africa.

Re: Benin Republic Asked Their President To Resign Due To The Border Closure. by kayroc: 12:49am On Oct 11, 2019
For those looking to collect Benin Republic passport to try for US student visa now is the time to take steps.

Benin Republic customs officers are seriously broke asnat now and they are really opening up. As we all know Benin Republic passport is not under searchlight the way Nigeria passport is, and so they still get student visa steadily. They are also eligible for US Visa Lottery.

Re: Benin Republic Asked Their President To Resign Due To The Border Closure. by Samfloxin(m): 3:38am On Oct 11, 2019
RealLordZeus:
Lol! I prefer the border remain closed till our neighbor get sense, though our local rice producers are not helping issue, before this border thing, Na big big grammar like rice sufficiency.. million of tons of rice, but where the rice now abi they are produced on paper..
Good question...they are probably hoarding the rice... Nigeria Sabi abuse good development
Re: Benin Republic Asked Their President To Resign Due To The Border Closure. by dprpikin: 4:31am On Oct 11, 2019
Buhari just did a Donald Trump on them.
Re: Benin Republic Asked Their President To Resign Due To The Border Closure. by Commentor: 4:49am On Oct 11, 2019
alphaNomega:
People still smuggle goods into Nigeria. The cost only went up.

And that's the purpose.

After a while it would be unprofitable.
Re: Benin Republic Asked Their President To Resign Due To The Border Closure. by EzekaUdenee: 5:44am On Oct 11, 2019
Commentor:

And that's the purpose.

Re: Benin Republic Asked Their President To Resign Due To The Border Closure. by alphaNomega: 6:24am On Oct 11, 2019
Commentor:

And that's the purpose.

You have not realised how Nigeria works, once it costs money, people will pay, even if a bag of rice goes for 50k
Re: Benin Republic Asked Their President To Resign Due To The Border Closure. by Commentor: 6:26am On Oct 11, 2019
alphaNomega:

You have not realised how Nigeria works, once it costs money, people will pay, even if a bag of rice goes for 50k

The point is not what people would pay.

The point is it would be more cost effective to being the product (Rice or what have you) through our ports.
Re: Benin Republic Asked Their President To Resign Due To The Border Closure. by KraticKratus: 6:47am On Oct 11, 2019
Afonja people sef.
Re: Benin Republic Asked Their President To Resign Due To The Border Closure. by JonDon12: 6:52am On Oct 11, 2019
I thought Nigeria just signed a free trade agreement. How can we keep borders closed
Re: Benin Republic Asked Their President To Resign Due To The Border Closure. by AmuDimpka: 7:07am On Oct 11, 2019
MelesZenawi:

sabotaging Nigeria

Shut up
Re: Benin Republic Asked Their President To Resign Due To The Border Closure. by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 11, 2019
grandstar:

It is not as simple as that. I'm Yoruba but I don't share border with them. I'm from Ondo state for instance. I doubt up to 15% of Yorubas actually share a border with them

Only people living at the border and benefiting from the smuggling have something to gain.

. A border is a border and it creates a new identity. Nigerians are English speakers and Beninoise are French speakers. The Yorubas at the borders don't share the same kings. Each town as its own king. They've been separated for over a 100 years.

It is like saying the Hausas in the North will support their Hausa brethen in Niger (Hausas constutute about 55% of their population). That did not stop the border from being shut neither has it led to its reopening.

This brother thing is exaggerated.

Now you got it wrong..

Nothern borders are open...and hausa fulani supports their bethren in Nigeria, Chad 100%, even rail is been constructed for them.

That's what am saying....their allegiance lies to them first before Nigeria.

Try and get the point.

Also there are much indigenous Yorubas in Togo and Benin republic.
Re: Benin Republic Asked Their President To Resign Due To The Border Closure. by EzekaUdenee: 7:43am On Oct 11, 2019
Commentor:

The point is it would be more cost effective to being the product (Rice or what have you) through our ports.
Re: Benin Republic Asked Their President To Resign Due To The Border Closure. by alphaNomega: 8:00am On Oct 11, 2019
Commentor:

Is it cost effective to purchase a brand new Camry for N25m? Yet Nigerians still buy and drive it. Bro, naija economics is insane. If you are trying to use cost to dissuade Nigerians, you are going to trigger inflation across board.

Tell me one essential product that we no longer consume because it became too expensive. Even Peak milk is consumed steady by some Nigerian homes despite its cost.

If the smuggler spends 55k to bring in one bag of rice, he will sell it above his cost price no matter what. Nigerians will only grumble and pay for it, especially as the head of state is not from the South.

President Assents To Bill On Establishment Of Nigeria Policy / Reno Ended Up Disgracing Himself On Tweeter Today / A Person From Ebonyi Cannot Be Our Governor In Enugu. God Will Not Allow That!