Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,634 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Nigerians In Ireland Celebrate Yoruba Culture With Colourful Fabrics (Pictures) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerians In Ireland Celebrate Yoruba Culture With Colourful Fabrics (Pictures) (35303 Views)

Colourful Pictures From The Anambra State New Yam Festival / Nigerians In China Celebrate African Cultural Day With Colourful Events(photos) / South African Lady Goes Topless To Celebrate Her Culture With Pride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Ireland Celebrate Yoruba Culture With Colourful Fabrics (Pictures) by mercyviv(f): 4:07pm On Oct 10, 2019
colorful.
Re: Nigerians In Ireland Celebrate Yoruba Culture With Colourful Fabrics (Pictures) by meccuno: 4:09pm On Oct 10, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:

Oh yeah? That's why they call themselves 'royal majesty' and make people bow down to them? Is that why they wear that clumsy traditional regalia too?

Come with facts, don't come with propaganda & barefaced lies to counter what we see with our own eyes, please
i just told you what is obtainable. if you like believe.They are not recognized in Igbo land. if they like let them wear Barcelona Jersey thats their business. if as an Igbo man i am telling you whats obtainable in my domain and you call them lies then i am so sorry for you. you are just gullible. You people just come up and start creating illusions from the figment of your imaginations. thats how your people say we wake our parents with sliding tackle. things like these are not supposed to be heard from people who claim to be educated.
Re: Nigerians In Ireland Celebrate Yoruba Culture With Colourful Fabrics (Pictures) by placeofallure(f): 4:17pm On Oct 10, 2019
I'm proud of my Yoruba heritage. I like our traditional wears. I feel most comfortable when I'm wearing our native wears. I love tying the gele. My Indian friend has been on my neck to teach her. People of the world love our culture and I'm so, so proud.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Ireland Celebrate Yoruba Culture With Colourful Fabrics (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 10, 2019
meccuno:
i just told you what is obtainable. if you like believe.They are not recognized in Igbo land. if they like let them wear Barcelona Jersey thats their business. if as an Igbo man i am telling you whats obtainable in my domain and you call them lies then i am so sorry for you. you are just gullible. You people just come up and start creating illusions from the figment of your imaginations. thats how your people say we wake our parents with sliding tackle. things like these are not supposed to be heard from people who claim to be educated.

Well it's the first time am hearing this from an Ibo man. We seem to agree on the finer points of tradition here, because what that Saheed Olamilekan has done out there in Ireland is completely alien to Yoruba culture, too.
Re: Nigerians In Ireland Celebrate Yoruba Culture With Colourful Fabrics (Pictures) by miniziter(m): 4:48pm On Oct 10, 2019
PureFace1:
Yoruba to the World

That's great

Proudly Yoruba

Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Lagos, Ogun, Kogi(okun) , Kwara(Igbomina)

Omo oduduwa ati omo Obatala ni wa

Edo nko? Even Niger state.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Ireland Celebrate Yoruba Culture With Colourful Fabrics (Pictures) by meccuno: 5:11pm On Oct 10, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:

Well it's the first time am hearing this from an Ibo man. We seem to agree on the finer points of tradition here, because what that Saheed Olamilekan has done out there in Ireland is completely alien to Yoruba culture, too.
if you asked they would have told you. its just general Knowledge. every market dominated by Igbos usually have someone who they designate as head of that place to mediate and talk with the host community. they are just representatives. we also have eze ndigbo in china and some other countries outside Nigeria. why most Igbos dont even bother is because they have not claimed any royalty or start making decisions on behalf of a particular community or claiming what they are not. then they would be checkmated accordingly. They dont hold any traditional office whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Ireland Celebrate Yoruba Culture With Colourful Fabrics (Pictures) by Nathdoug201: 5:26pm On Oct 10, 2019
Rubicon67:

What has the OP said to warrant your misplaced insult?

If you are frustrated, seek a psychologist.
nor vex bros the OP zombiesm nor be here..
It's on a very high level
Re: Nigerians In Ireland Celebrate Yoruba Culture With Colourful Fabrics (Pictures) by Dagger111(m): 5:54pm On Oct 10, 2019
seanjy4konji:
dem don belefull na

Are u hungry? Come and take chinchin. tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Ireland Celebrate Yoruba Culture With Colourful Fabrics (Pictures) by 2018PROFSUNDAY: 5:56pm On Oct 10, 2019
Looking Gorgeous.
Re: Nigerians In Ireland Celebrate Yoruba Culture With Colourful Fabrics (Pictures) by Omoslim26: 6:08pm On Oct 10, 2019
Alvin212:
Please pals Apart from play store Where else can I download Facebook app
waptrick,sefan.ru
Re: Nigerians In Ireland Celebrate Yoruba Culture With Colourful Fabrics (Pictures) by ChristmasBells: 6:13pm On Oct 10, 2019

Yes oh no place like home reping our rich culture
"INTEGRITY OF THE BATHROOM".

IF YOU THINK YOU ARE BETTER THAN THE BATHROOM READ THIS......

Have you ever thought of integrity and character of d bathroom?

ENCLOSED ROOM.....
The Bathroom is a separate part of the house that is purposely designed for bathing.
A small apartment carved out to see our unclothedness, fault and accommodate our dirt.
>> Are you a Room or a Roof, are you a wall or a war? do you cover people or you expose them? Are you a defender?

REFRESH......
Everyone of us comes out of d bathroom better than we entered. The place of relief and refresh.
>> Are you sure people get better anytime they have contact with you, or they get bittered? Learn from your bathroom.

SECRET KEEPER....
I have never come across any bathroom that shout and make noise, it will never expose your secret and unclothedness to others. Once you move out of the bathroom, no one knows what had happened. In fact let one thousand people take bath in the same bathroom, I can guarantee you, It will never divulge your secret, figure or unclothedness to another person. The scars which others cannot see, bathroom sees and knows it.
>> Are you trust worthy, responsible or dependable? Learn from your bathroom.

TOLERANCE........
Do you know that the bathroom is tolerance, it doesn't matter how dirty and smelly you are in d bathroom, it will never take advantage of your carelessness.
>> Do you know that at d slightest mistakes and errors from others you flare up? Are you patience enough to bear and tolerate the weakness of others? Learn from d bathroom.

ACCOMMODATING.......
Do you notice we only run to toilet only when we need it? Yet, it will never block you from accessing it. Bathroom will never ignore or reject you. If you like abandon it for years, any day you fee like going back to use it, it will accept and accommodate you. Your place and space will be reserved for you.
>> How often do you forgive? how quick do you forget offence? How large is your heart? Do you correct in love or in anger?

FIX AND FIRM......
The fact that we have mobile toilets does not change the integrity of d bathroom. The Bathroom will never beg anyone to use it, it will never shift ground for any reason. If you are ready to come, it will accept you, but for her to run after you is not possible.

ENTRY AND EXIT.
Bathroom will never retain any rubbish and trash you give to it. The entrance to the bathroom is always wide, the channel of transferring your load is small. It has a large heart and will never keep record of wrongs.
How large is your heart?
>> Do you have integrity at all, can we trust your words, why are you easily influenced? Are you not compromising in the face of trials and tribulations? Especially when men ignore you.

You cannot provoke bathroom, if you like make noise, sing, shout, keep silent, slash water, it will never complain.

Hummmmmm..... Do you think you are better than your bathroom?

Please, Compare your lifestyle with your bathroom, you will discover that your bathroom and toilet are far better than you
I love you!
Thanks for reading. God bless you. Cheers!
#FOllow me On Nairaland;Christmassbells
#Follow me ON Instagram:Joyfulpeople
#Add me up On Whatsap : +2348118444297
*TREASURE*
Peace&LOve!
Re: Nigerians In Ireland Celebrate Yoruba Culture With Colourful Fabrics (Pictures) by Omoslim26: 6:14pm On Oct 10, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:
This is nonsense. That bleached-out ass-hole calls himself a 'royal majesty', royal fatber of all Yoruba descendants in Ireland. On what authority has he become an 'oba alade'? Yoruba people have finally caught that bug from the Ibos, going around installing themselves as sovereign monarchs in other people's land.

Dude is probably an internet fraudster who cashed out big and now doesn't know what to do with the money, he's obviously jobless though. I pity those gullible whites following them around, those guys are obviously all crooks and dishonest men.

oga you dey try ooh you go just cul down type plenty rubbish shame no dey catch you sef?
Re: Nigerians In Ireland Celebrate Yoruba Culture With Colourful Fabrics (Pictures) by Alvin212(m): 8:04pm On Oct 10, 2019
Omoslim26:

waptrick,sefan.ru

Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Ireland Celebrate Yoruba Culture With Colourful Fabrics (Pictures) by Hollyharjii: 8:59pm On Oct 10, 2019
Good people with great Nation. Proud to be a Yoruba
Re: Nigerians In Ireland Celebrate Yoruba Culture With Colourful Fabrics (Pictures) by Funkybabee(f): 9:14pm On Oct 10, 2019
Cute people and their asoebi
Re: Nigerians In Ireland Celebrate Yoruba Culture With Colourful Fabrics (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:50pm On Oct 10, 2019
unbitchable:

Chinko too dey follow dey claim yoruba.

- - - - yoruba should start exporting aso oke to the world. Aso oke over Ankara.

angry angry
Re: Nigerians In Ireland Celebrate Yoruba Culture With Colourful Fabrics (Pictures) by Olaonipekun11: 1:50am On Oct 11, 2019
phranklyn92:
Ndi ofe nmanu grin grin grin

Yes o we r ndi ofe nmanu while you igbos r ajokota mamumi
Re: Nigerians In Ireland Celebrate Yoruba Culture With Colourful Fabrics (Pictures) by phranklyn92(m): 5:43pm On Oct 11, 2019
Olaonipekun11:

Yes o we r ndi ofe nmanu while you igbos r ajokota mamumi
Yeah whatever sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Gradual Phasing Out Of The Use Of Palm Wine For Traditional Wedding Rites / Akpaala Okwu (idioms). / Abdulrasheed Akanbi, Oluwo Of Iwoland 'Stopped Rain' From Falling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.