Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers (8601 Views)

Ugwuanyi Swears In Justice Ozoemena As Acting Chief Judge / Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children / Ugwuanyi Swears In Emmanuel Ikechukwu Obi As Health Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers by OEPHIUS(m): 9:31pm On Oct 10, 2019
...Inaugurates Hon. Dr. Josef Umunnakwe Onoh, 13 others as Executive Chairman and Members of Enugu Capital Territory Development Authority, respectively.

Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State, Thursday swore-in Hon. Mathew Idu as the Commissioner for Agriculture and Natural Resources, following his confirmation by the State Assembly. Hon. Idu is from Uzo Uwani Local Government Area.

Gov. Ugwuanyi also swore-in four youths, namely, Mr. Anthony Ikenna Nwodo, Mr. Arinze Chilo-Offiah, Mr. Michael Ogbuekwe and Mr. Anthony Chukwudubem Onyia, as Special Advisers.

Swearing in the new aides, Gov. Ugwuanyi charged them to hit the ground running in order to fulfil the social contract with the people of the state and to advance good governance and optimize service delivery.

The governor added that his administration's commitment to ensure security and welfare of the people is sacrosanct, reiterating that "public officers must avoid contaminating governance with politics".

According to him, "performance will be key in our consideration and we will periodically benchmark it as a basis to remain in office while no shade of corrupt practice will be countenanced.

Gov. Ugwuanyi informed the new appointees of the need to align with the recommendations of the twelve (12) sectoral ad-hoc committees, to actualise the full objectives of the government.

He therefore charged them to raise their performance bar and discharge their duties diligently.

Responding on behalf of the newly sworn in appointees, the Commissioner for Agriculture and Natural Resources, Hon. Idu, thanked Gov. Ugwuanyi for finding them worthy to serve the state and pledged their commitment not to disappoint.

Applauding Gov. Ugwuanyi on the appointment, the President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Nnia Nwodo said that "it demostrates your resolve that young people must be given the opportunity to exhibit their skills in the service of our state".

Details on the inauguration of the Enugu Capital Territory Development Authority later...

Enugu State is in the hands of God. #

https://thepunditng.com/gov-ugwuanyi-swears-in-new-commissioner-four-youths-as-special-advisers/

Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers by OEPHIUS(m): 9:37pm On Oct 10, 2019
More

Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers by PureGoldh(m): 9:45pm On Oct 10, 2019
Congratulations to them.

Enugu state is in the hands of God.

God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria.

My people... If you need Pure Original HOney.. Kindly call or whatsapp me on 0 8 10166 6771

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers by ForeThinker: 9:46pm On Oct 10, 2019
Impressive .,.

Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers by Loyalty2z(m): 9:49pm On Oct 10, 2019
God bless gov. Ugwuanyi

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers by Kennitrust(m): 9:51pm On Oct 10, 2019
Catching them young
Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers by Sunofgod(m): 9:58pm On Oct 10, 2019
Which one be youth?
Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers by athaboi(f): 10:00pm On Oct 10, 2019
Gburugburu nile
Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers by Halo22: 10:01pm On Oct 10, 2019
He just exercised his duty in accordance with the Constitution. But the question is, will the rich ever be tired of acquiring positions? That Hon Idu was commissioner during Chimaroke's tenure and he is back now. Can't he try other people? Am sure that Anthony Dubem Onyia must be related to Chief Dubem Onyia, in fact he must be his son. Why not think of those that haven't acquired appointment before? My opinion though. Anyway congrats to the appointees.

3 Likes

Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 10, 2019
cry

Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi is clueless. He has indeed sworn to take Enugu some twelve thousand leagues beyond development. He is a chop I chop politician with no tangible achievement and no desire for any.

His level of nepotism can't be rivalled even by the dullard in Aso rock. His kitchen brothers and kinsmen from Nsukka, though highly unqualified, occupy the most sensitive positions in the Lion building.

Effortlessly, he has again assembled the worst set of commissioners our beloved state has ever seen.

Enugu youths will pay terribly for their constant unthoughtful sycophancy. In all these, Chime is to be blamed greatly. For it was he who handed over a state on the hills to a man from the valley.

7 Likes

Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers by Fidelismaria: 10:07pm On Oct 10, 2019
We need commissioner for okpa here in nsukka

Prices of okpa needs to be subsidized

How can one tiny okpa be 50naira ?

Gov ugwuanyi biko do something bout this

5 Likes

Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers by carzola(m): 10:09pm On Oct 10, 2019
U mean 4 house boys with a glorified
Office portfolio. ..

U and I know they will not be advicing shiiiiit. ..

2 Likes

Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers by myfranchise: 10:28pm On Oct 10, 2019
We don hear
Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers by midnighter(f): 10:35pm On Oct 10, 2019
I sometimes miss going to enugu but when you get there now the place will be so ridiculous

1 Like

Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers by midnighter(f): 10:36pm On Oct 10, 2019
Homeboiy:
Are you pained
We Nsukka people cried for 16yrs cos past governors from Nkanu n udi abandoned us

It's our turn

Deal with it

LOL your turn to do what? ruin the whole thing? Chai! this country is doomed

4 Likes

Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers by christopherozo: 10:49pm On Oct 10, 2019
I know this guy . Dr Joseph Umunnakwe Onoh is Bianca Onoh Ojukwu’s brother and has been a two time member of the Enugu State House of Assembly. Congratulations to Illustrous Onoh family of Enugu State which have produced 2 ambassadors, 2 House of Assembly member, 2 State Commissioners and One Mayor. Chief c c Onoh was the governor of old Anambra State .

Ugwuanyi have really tried also in appointing Ohaneze President Nwodo’s son, Former minister Dubin Onyim son and former first bank MD Chilo Offiah son into his cabinet.

Ugwuanyi is a deft and smart administrator. He knows that peace will continue to reign in his state when he runs inclusive Goverment and accommodate the major stakeholders in the state. Thats why he have less enemy in the state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers by midnighter(f): 11:45pm On Oct 10, 2019
Dottore:
The State Library before Ogbete is a house of rodents and hudlums.. His predecessors left high standards that he has never come close to making a match.

You can repeat this 100 times. How can a library be looking like that? Very disgusting place

Luckily there is the national library

2 Likes

Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers by midnighter(f): 12:19am On Oct 11, 2019
Fidelismaria:
We need commissioner for okpa here in nsukka

Prices of okpa needs to be subsidized

How can one tiny okpa be 50naira ?

Gov ugwuanyi biko do something bout this

Lol you should see the one in Abakaliki... i nearly told the girl to give me my N50 back
Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers by wink2015(m): 2:07am On Oct 11, 2019
athaboi:
Gburugburu nile

What is Gburugburu nile?
Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers by Ugwuoke347(m): 3:15am On Oct 11, 2019
Homeboiy:

Are you pained

We Nsukka people cried for 16yrs cos past governors from Nkanu n udi abandoned us

It's our turn

Deal with it

Now, that's just about the wrong thing to say.
Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi was not elected by Nsukka zone alone,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers by Amudeneogu: 5:32am On Oct 11, 2019
Why appointed only Ex this and Ex that into his cabinet does that mean that Enugu state does not have any other people except them? All of these men have had one post or the other before now.
Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers by Henri8: 6:01am On Oct 11, 2019
Sunofgod:
Which one be youth?
The other one.
Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers by Henri8: 6:04am On Oct 11, 2019
Homeboiy:

Are you pained

It's our turn

Deal with it
Bros, even the Nsụka axis is not left out of the poor works done. Just look at what happens whenever it rains. The roads done are of very poor quality too.

1 Like

Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers by oshyno(m): 6:30am On Oct 11, 2019
Wow Mike Ogbuekwe was my mate at UNN. From SA in obiano govt to this. This guy is really going places. Very inteligent engine boy. Good one gburugburu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers by desoul2004(m): 7:15am On Oct 11, 2019
This governor is just nothing but a mess. This Matthew Idu was a commissioner when I was an undergraduate, very inactive then. They brought him back, to do what?
Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers by PureGoldh(m): 3:52pm On Oct 11, 2019
Noted
Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers by ZombieTAMER: 3:52pm On Oct 11, 2019
Propaganda Governor

Busy doing nothing

This is a town I grew Up in
its in a total mess
God will punish all those selling the rotten image of this buffoon turned Governor..
Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers by ZombieTAMER: 4:08pm On Oct 11, 2019
Homeboiy:

Are you pained

It's our turn

Deal with it

delete your comment
It's utterly ridiculous and childish

Do it now ...if you don't
The internet never forgets
You goofed here bro... Big time

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Stay Away From June 12 Protests If You're Igbo / Sowore: Buhari's Police Arrested Me Because Of My 2023 Presidential Ambition / EFCC Grants Reuben Abati Bail - See Conditions Attached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.