Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,671 members, 7,823,897 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 (4307 Views)

3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today / Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. / Father Mbaka: "Why Atiku Should Be President Of Nigeria In 2019" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 by Born2Freak(f): 12:24pm On Oct 11, 2019
1. In this era of Buhari and suffering, you are free from any duty to tithe. You will save 10% of your salary for yourself

2. Since there is no need to go to church as an atheist, no pastor will force you to;
*remove panties
*eat grass
*inhale insecticides

3. No need to travel to Mecca for pilgrimage (or Jerusalem) since government no longer pays for it.

4. All those hours wasted praying for Nigeria to be better will now be used for something better

5. No more money spent on transport fare to church. Imagine going from lagos to otta or lagos to ibadan expressway and spending 3 hrs on the road

6. You won't miss your favourite sunday shows because of church eg premier league matches, telemundo full series etc

7. You will now be able to laugh whenever Lalasticlala pushes a thread about crazy pastors and ridiculous things in religion to the frontpage

8. You can now feel free blocking all those boring religious channels on DSTV

9. No more running on from office to mosque on Fridays for prayers

10. No more hunger games aka Fasting

I hope you guys will see the light and become atheists. Ramen!

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 by peggywebbs(f): 12:47pm On Oct 11, 2019
Born2Freak:
1. In this era of Buhari and suffering, you are free from any duty to tithe. You will save 10% of your salary for yourself. (You will still pay tithe indirectly to the government. Medical bills from sickness and much more. Tithes and charity will accord you blessings and favour)

2. Since there is no need to go to church as an atheist, no pastor will force you to;
*remove panties
*eat grass
*inhale insecticides
(Don't worry, you would still end up worshipping aliens or UFOs. Science will keep intoxicating you with cancer and unknown diseases. Maybe you will even venture space travel and perish there. P.S those are not pastors but businessmen atheists like you disguising as Christians to make money)

3. No need to travel to Mecca for pilgrimage (or Jerusalem) since government no longer pays for it.
(Yeah, and please don't travel to Europe on mountain.expeditions. we all know you atheists have limited knowledge especially when all you do is sit with your smartphone)

4. All those hours wasted praying for Nigeria to be better will now be used for something better

5. No more money spent on transport fare to church. Imagine going from lagos to otta or lagos to ibadan expressway and spending 3 hrs on the road

6. You won't miss your favourite sunday shows because of church eg premier league matches, telemundo full series etc

7. You will now be able to laugh whenever Lalasticlala pushes a thread about crazy pastors and ridiculous things in religion to the frontpage.
(And we can laugh better when we hear that aethiest are committing suicide because they have lost hope and even belief in themselves. We can laugh when you no longer know the difference between male and female, probably when you get raped by your gay friend. It would make the front page)

(Stick to your cartoons and gay movies. You can choose to block the truth because you know it hurts. Cry baby.)

(Then when you get a demotion or get sacked from work. You can come back again and cry on Nairaland that God does not exist. You will still spend 365 days talking about the God you don't believe in. You guys are more Christian than us)

(Yeah because you will be too busy fighting the demons playing with your stomach. When problems come you will still run to nairaland or Google looking for solution to your problem.)

(I hope you remain in the dark and when problem comes don't remember to unblock your Christian channels. Besides you don't have to go to church, when you can contact your UFO's. They have the answers)

You atheists constitute more than 80% of the Christian thread here. Everytime you talk about Christians. What is atheism? All I see is a religion that is anti-christian. You work tooth and nail preaching the gospel against Christianity. You live everyday talking about how God doesn't exist and how the bible is a story book.

Here's what atheists do:

- read bible for facts to counter. You even read bible more than 90% of Christians.
- create topics and argue Christianity till infinity
- look for evidence to disprove Christianity

- focus on the concept of Christianity
- talk about how aliens superceed the creation story and still compare with God
- talk about how God is wicked and bad even though you still claim he doesn't exist.
-talk about how Christians are delusional because they believe in God.

Please what is atheism about without having to talk about God. At least if you claim to be an atheist, there must be something you must be doing other than disturbing other people's belief.

3 Likes

Re: 10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 by Bolubaba(m): 8:28pm On Oct 11, 2019
Branded

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 by LordReed(m): 7:33am On Oct 12, 2019
peggywebbs:

And we can laugh better when we hear that aethiest are committing suicide because they have lost hope and even belief in themselves. We can laugh when you no longer know the difference between male and female, probably when you get raped by your gay friend. It would make the front page

It is really sad that you think trivialising suicide is required to get your point across. Do you imagine it is only atheists that consider or commit suicide? Do realise that people suffer pain enough to consider suicide? Even when arguing religion you should never lose your compassion or else you are dehumanising yourself and others.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 by Born2Freak(f): 8:16am On Oct 12, 2019
peggywebbs:

Please what is atheism about without having to talk about God. At least if you claim to be an atheist, there must be something you must be doing other than disturbing other people's belief.

Do you really believe that atheists only talk about god and religion?

Atheists live their lives just like you do. The only reason atheists talk about God is because it it's the name in which ignorant religious people like you use to commit atrocities against atheists and other religions

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 by Born2Freak(f): 8:23am On Oct 12, 2019
peggywebbs:

Here's what atheists do:

- read bible for facts to counter. You even read bible more than 90% of Christians.

- talk about how God is wicked and bad even though you still claim he doesn't exist.

This says a lot about you. I sense that you are in pain as a result of an atheist severely dealing with you on the topic of religion with the help of biblical evidence and logic.

I will admit that atheists are far more well versed with scripture than the average Christian.

Notwithstanding, it is very wrong to believe that atheists just want to attack christianity and they actually spend their time doing that. Many atheists were Christians before and naturally understand the bible. So, many of them do not have to study the bible again as atheists.

Also, you should know that atheists wouldn't be complaining about religion or god if it was not used to abuse them in the first place . Charity begins at home. Tell your Christians to stop oppressing non-believers

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 by peggywebbs(f): 8:58am On Oct 12, 2019
Yes I believe and I know that it is those who don't believe in God that commit suicide. A real Christian and I don't mean those who use the word loosely, knows to trust in God. Every Christian mantra is no condition is permanent. That is why when they have problems they go to God.

I had to bring up suicide just the same way you brought up the problems of some of the churches. It shouldn't hurt you because I made a point ,that whether you believe in God or not, problems will still come. It is life. But again as an atheist I'm not surprised about your limited thinking.

LordReed:

It is really sad that you think trivialising suicide is required to get your point across. Do you imagine it is only atheists that consider or commit suicide? Do realise that people suffer pain enough to consider suicide? Even when arguing religion you should never lose your compassion or else you are dehumanising yourself and others.
Re: 10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 by peggywebbs(f): 9:02am On Oct 12, 2019
You see, even if anyone was to convince me about athiesm ,I would want to know what it is is about. Every single aethiest thread including yours talks against God.

When giving your reasons to become an atheist, all you said was against the church. I'm I lying. None of the reasons were independent of their own. Why mention God, why mention church. Let people know what you do.

Christians on nairaland talk about Holy Spirit, word of God with the exception of a few. Why can't you atheist preach your gospel without mocking other people's belief. I'm sure you know that there is freedom of religion. You don't have to mock someone's God to prove your atheist point.

Born2Freak:

Do you really believe that atheists only talk about god and religion?

Atheists live their lives just like you do. The only reason atheists talk about God is because it it's the name in which ignorant religious people like you use to commit atrocities against atheists and other religions

1 Like

Re: 10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 by peggywebbs(f): 9:07am On Oct 12, 2019
First I'm not pained. I was only responding to a fact. All the things I mentioned is still what you are still talking about. Why must atheist buttress on the bible. Tell the world what you do.

I think we already have established that you don't believe in God but what do atheists do. I see nothing on nairaland or public forums other than arguements about the bible. Is athiesm strictly for pointing evidence against Christianity? I still don't know what you people do other than that.

Christians are not oppressing anyone. Just like their belief and what the bible says, they are only fulfilling their obligations based on the bible. Which is preach the word and let people know they can be saved through Jesus Christ. I don't see that as oppression.

You can decide to set your threads to promote your atheist approach but you don't have to mock another person's belief to prove your point

Born2Freak:

This says a lot about you. I sense that you are in pain as a result of an atheist severely dealing with you on the topic of religion with the help of biblical evidence and logic.

I will admit that atheists are far more well versed with scripture than the average Christian.

Notwithstanding, it is very wrong to believe that atheists just want to attack christianity and they actually spend their time doing that. Many atheists were Christians before and naturally understand the bible. So, many of them do not have to study the bible again as atheists.

Also, you should know that atheists wouldn't be complaining about religion or god if it was not used to abuse them in the first place . Charity begins at home. Tell your Christians to stop oppressing non-believers

1 Like

Re: 10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 by LordReed(m): 9:08am On Oct 12, 2019
peggywebbs:
Yes I believe and I know that it is those who don't believe in God that commit suicide. A real Christian and I don't mean those who use the word loosely, knows to trust in God. Every Christian mantra is no condition is permanent. That is why when they have problems they go to God.

I had to bring up suicide just the same way you brought up the problems of some of the churches. It shouldn't hurt you because I made a point ,that whether you believe in God or not, problems will still come. It is life. But again as an atheist I'm not surprised about your limited thinking.

I don't blame you, religion has warped your thinking to the point you even deny your own Christian brothers and sisters because they don't conform to your idea of who a christian is. What is sad is there are Christians out there who are contemplating suicide but because of nasty attitudes like yours they'll never speak their minds but will instead execute their self harm plans.

Your attitude shows you have lost your humanity all in the name of religion, if you have any iota of sense you'll seek to regain it.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 by peggywebbs(f): 10:13am On Oct 12, 2019
Very funny to say I'm denying Christians. Well I'm not surprised about your ignorance. Obviously you have been so wrapped up in your hatred that you forget to seperate the wickedness of man from your hatred of God.

We have cultists in Nigeria that guise as Christians to deceive people. I'm sure you would not accept it since you have clouded your mind to compare the nature of God to man. We are responsible for our actions and we should be ready to bear the consequences.

A Christian is not defined by going to church or reading the bible, even atheists read bible and have been to church. It is about your life. It is how your belief shapes your life. When you go out people should be able to acknowledge that you are not only a reasonable person but also good in every sense.

Contrary to what you athiest believe, if you meet true Christians which are very rare I must add, you will have a change of opinion. We have a lot of people who claim to be Christians but are more wicked than unbelievers.

A true Christian, embraces love, peaceful coexistence, charity, patience and other good attributes. They are good not just because of religion but because they have adopted good in their lifestyle. Christianity is not defined by the agressive noise makers you encounter who claim that if you don't believe God you will die and they will live. Then move on to be agressively resentful about others. It is about showing people why it pays to be good and live a righteous life.

When I says Christians I mean people who live by the word of God and set examples with their lives. Even Jesus says not everyone who calls me Lord, will enter the kingdom of God. This shows that there are pretenders.

And again I say true Christians will never commit suicide. Only unbelievers do. A Christian has cultured their mind to the existence of heaven and hell. They know that killing themselves will lead them to a fate worse than their earthly situation. A fake Christian and unbelievers will be consumed by the fear of their problem and think ending their life will put a stop to it.

Contrary to some people I am not insensitive about suicide but if religion can caution you to face your situation headstrong, then I believe it is better than not believing in anything.

LordReed:

I don't blame you, religion has warped your thinking to the point you even deny your own Christian brothers and sisters because they don't conform to your idea of who a christian is. What is sad is there are Christians out there who are contemplating suicide but because of nasty attitudes like yours they'll never speak their minds but will instead execute their self harm plans.

Your attitude shows you have lost your humanity all in the name of religion, if you have any iota of sense you'll seek to regain it.

1 Like

Re: 10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 by budaatum: 12:11pm On Oct 12, 2019
Unfortunately, on here, it's not a case of "Contrary to what you athiest believe", since the evidence actually shows most Christians on here are not what you describe as "true Christian".

I'd even go as far as saying many are salespeople for satan since they are the exact opposite of what you describe they ought to be.

peggywebbs:
Very funny to say I'm denying Christians. Well I'm not surprised about your ignorance. Obviously you have been so wrapped up in your hatred that you forget to seperate the wickedness of man from your hatred of God.

We have cultists in Nigeria that guise as Christians to deceive people. I'm sure you would not accept it since you have clouded your mind to compare the nature of God to man. We are responsible for our actions and we should be ready to bear the consequences.

A Christian is not defined by going to church or reading the bible, even atheists read bible and have been to church. It is about your life. It is how your belief shapes your life. When you go out people should be able to acknowledge that you are not only a reasonable person but also good in every sense.

Contrary to what you athiest believe, if you meet true Christians which are very rare I must add, you will have a change of opinion. We have a lot of people who claim to be Christians but are more wicked than unbelievers.

A true Christian, embraces love, peaceful coexistence, charity, patience and other good attributes. They are good not just because of religion but because they have adopted good in their lifestyle. Christianity is not defined by the agressive noise makers you encounter who claim that if you don't believe God you will die and they will live. Then move on to be agressively resentful about others. It is about showing people why it pays to be good and live a righteous life.

When I says Christians I mean people who live by the word of God and set examples with their lives. Even Jesus says not everyone who calls me Lord, will enter the kingdom of God. This shows that there are pretenders.

And again I say true Christians will never commit suicide. Only unbelievers do. A Christian has cultured their mind to the existence of heaven and hell. They know that killing themselves will lead them to a fate worse than their earthly situation. A fake Christian and unbelievers will be consumed by the fear of their problem and think ending their life will put a stop to it.

Contrary to some people I am not insensitive about suicide but if religion can caution you to face your situation headstrong, then I believe it is better than not believing in anything.

3 Likes

Re: 10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 by paxonel(m): 12:43pm On Oct 12, 2019
Born2Freak:
1. In this era of Buhari and suffering, you are free from any duty to tithe. You will save 10% of your salary for yourself

*remove panties
*eat grass
*inhale insecticides

7. You will now be able to laugh whenever Lalasticlala pushes a thread about crazy pastors and ridiculous things in religion to the frontpage

I'm a Christian, yet i don't do any of these things,
Atheists don't do them too.
Am i not better than atheists for being assured of life after death in heaven?
Re: 10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 12, 2019
Born2Freak:
poor mentality, giving does not make you poor. As a man thinketh in his heart so he is. Will 10% mean you become poor? Yet atheist pay tax.

*remove panties
*eat grass
*inhale insecticides
how many christians have you seen that their pastors force them to *remove panties * eat grass etc
In Christianity there is a standard for knowing fake and true pastors.

travelling to Jerusalem is not part of christianity.

It is the prayer of Christians that is keeping Nigerian, if you dont know by now Nigerian would have been taken over by islamist and you would have been a muslim bowing down to black stone in mecca.

laughable how much is transport besides how much do you spend monthly to buy data so that you can comment rubbish on nairaland.

There is more to life than favourite tv shows and social media.

I still laugh when ridiculous news including that of atheist are pushed on front page and news headlines.

. You can now feel free blocking all those boring religious channels on DSTV
boring to you but not to others.

people who do it dont complain, to add atleast it is an exercise.

funny you not only religious people fast.

Are these the advantages of atheism?
I taught being an atheist makes you more intelligent oh I forgot being an atheist makes you more stupid beliving the illogical fallacy that nothing can bring out everything through nothing and chaotic and unintelligent process can yield an intelligent design.
Atheism makes you live without purpose, without hope.
Without moral compass, you can be a prostitute, killer, rapist paedophile, it is ok as long as you like it, you can get away with it after all we are just bunch of organic molecules brought together by accident and will die without any repercussion whatsoever. These are the real bounties of atheism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 by Born2Freak(f): 1:27pm On Oct 12, 2019
peggywebbs:
You see, even if anyone was to convince me about athiesm ,I would want to know what it is is about. Every single aethiest thread including yours talks against God.

When giving your reasons to become an atheist, all you said was against the church. I'm I lying. None of the reasons were independent of their own. Why mention God, why mention church. Let people know what you do.

Christians on nairaland talk about Holy Spirit, word of God with the exception of a few. Why can't you atheist preach your gospel without mocking other people's belief. I'm sure you know that there is freedom of religion. You don't have to mock someone's God to prove your atheist point.

There are threads about non-religious marriage, science, souls, humanism. You are just ignorant about atheists and atheism.

If you want to ignorantly believe that we just wake up and start abusing God, it is your choice.

There are atheists in the politics section, the family section, the sports section, etc.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 by Born2Freak(f): 1:30pm On Oct 12, 2019
peggywebbs:
First I'm not pained. I was only responding to a fact. All the things I mentioned is still what you are still talking about. Why must atheist buttress on the bible. Tell the world what you do.

I think we already have established that you don't believe in God but what do atheists do. I see nothing on nairaland or public forums other than arguements about the bible. Is athiesm strictly for pointing evidence against Christianity? I still don't know what you people do other than that.

Christians are not oppressing anyone. Just like their belief and what the bible says, they are only fulfilling their obligations based on the bible. Which is preach the word and let people know they can be saved through Jesus Christ. I don't see that as oppression.

You can decide to set your threads to promote your atheist approach but you don't have to mock another person's belief to prove your point

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about if you truly believe that Christians do not oppress others.

As for the rest of your post, please try to understand that atheists are human beings too. Just as you have many interests, they too have their interests.

3 Likes

Re: 10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 by Born2Freak(f): 1:33pm On Oct 12, 2019
paxonel:
I'm a Christian, yet i don't do any of these things,
Atheists don't do them too.
Am i not better than atheists for being assured of life after death in heaven?

Who assured you of this life after death? The bible? A book with zombies, witches, dragons and magical creatures?

A book compiled by the ever clandestine catholic church?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 by Born2Freak(f): 1:39pm On Oct 12, 2019
solite3:
poor mentality, giving does not make you poor. As a man thinketh in his heart so he is. Will 10% mean you become poor? Yet atheist pay tax.

how many christians have you seen that their pastors force them to *remove panties * eat grass etc
In Christianity there is a standard for knowing fake and true pastors.

travelling to Jerusalem is not part of christianity.

It is the prayer of Christians that is keeping Nigerian, if you dont know by now Nigerian would have been taken over by islamist and you would have been a muslim bowing down to black stone in mecca.

laughable how much is transport besides how much do you spend monthly to buy data so that you can comment rubbish on nairaland.

There is more to life than favourite tv shows and social media.

I still laugh when ridiculous news including that of atheist are pushed on front page and news headlines.

boring to you but not to others.

people who do it dont complain, to add atleast it is an exercise.

funny you not only religious people fast.

Are these the advantages of atheism?
I taught being an atheist makes you more intelligent oh I forgot being an atheist makes you more stupid beliving the illogical fallacy that nothing can bring out everything through nothing and chaotic and unintelligent process can yield an intelligent design.
Atheism makes you live without purpose, without hope.
Without moral compass, you can be a prostitute, killer, rapist paedophile, it is ok as long as you like it, you can get away with it after all we are just bunch of organic molecules brought together by accident and will die without any repercussion whatsoever. These are the real bounties of atheism.

Your whole post reeks of denial and ignorance.

First, denial of the fact that Christianity is full of hypocrisy. Wealth-flashing prosperity pastors, thieving politicians who tithe stolen money, corrupt Nigerians claiming to be holy etc.

Second, ignorance about what atheism is. Atheism is simply having a disbelief in the existence of God or gods. Atheists are human beings just like you. They do not believe in God the same way you dont believe in Thor or Sango or Hercules

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 by LordReed(m): 1:54pm On Oct 12, 2019
peggywebbs:

You didn't counter anything I said, in fact you only reiterated that you have your own definition of Christian and anyone who does not meet your definition is an impostor. So the people who have suicidal ideation do not speak up because of people like you looking down on them. The implication of your submission is that anybody who is not strong enough to withstand the pull of suicidal ideation is not a Christian. That is a bigoted and insensitive position because you have now created a discriminatory criteria based on your intolerance and lack of empathy. So thank you for proving that you have lost your humanity and have become an insentive bigot.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 by paxonel(m): 2:45pm On Oct 12, 2019
Born2Freak:

Who assured you of this life after death? The bible? A book with zombies, witches, dragons and magical creatures?

A book compiled by the ever clandestine catholic church?
whatever you think about the book is of no significance.
what is significant is, if God truly do not exist there are no scientific methods to prove it that's why you will not possibly know.
But if a book like the bible prove to me that God exist, then there is something the book has offer to the world science could not offer, and that is the existence of a spirit God and life after death.
Now, I don't expect you to comment further if you are sincere to know that your knowledge and science is limited to the five senses grin

1 Like

Re: 10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 by peggywebbs(f): 3:30pm On Oct 12, 2019
Now you have got me completely wrong. I don't think anyone in particular is the reason why people commit suicide. Most people who commit suicide allow their problems to overwhelm them. It is a psychological problem. Now, where faith comes in is in shaping your mind and thoughts. As a Christian, you are taught to place your burdens on God, that is why you find people at the alter making their supplications. When people voice out their problems, it in turn heals them.

It doesn't make the problem go away but it takes the heavy weight off. Faith and belief that God will save them from their problem takes that feeling of loneliness, frustration and depression off their thoughts.

It's like having a shoulder to cry on. A Christian turns to God in times of Crisis.

A non believer, who deals with logic, when faced under intense psychological breakdown will turn to friends and family. Most times they don't get the positive words of affirmation they are looking for that they are not alone. This pushes them to break down and lose faith even in themselves to fight their way out of the situation.

So what I'm saying in essence is religion , belief whether Christian, Muslim or pagan, is a form of therapy especially when people are going through problems that can make them suicidal.

I didn't say church ,I said didn't say brother in the Lord, I said believe in God.

LordReed:

You didn't counter anything I said, in fact you only reiterated that you have your own definition of Christian and anyone who does not meet your definition is an impostor. So the people who have suicidal ideation do not speak up because of people like you looking down on them. The implication of your submission is that anybody who is not strong enough to withstand the pull of suicidal ideation is not a Christian. That is a bigoted and insensitive position because you have now created a discriminatory criteria based on your intolerance and lack of empathy. So thank you for proving that you have lost your humanity and have become an insentive bigot.

1 Like

Re: 10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 by Born2Freak(f): 4:05pm On Oct 12, 2019
paxonel:
whatever you think about the book is of no significance.
what is significant is, if God truly do not exist there are no scientific methods to prove it that's why you will not possibly know.
But if a book like the bible prove to me that God exist, then there is something the book has offer to the world science could not offer, and that is the existence of a spirit God and like after death.
Now, I don't expect you to comment further if you are sincere to know that your knowledge and science is limited to the five senses grin

So, you agree that God cannot be verified by scientific means or even by the five senses.

So how then do you verify god when you have indirectly admitted that you cannot prove him?

1 Like

Re: 10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 by Born2Freak(f): 4:09pm On Oct 12, 2019
peggywebbs:
Now you have got me completely wrong. I don't think anyone in particular is the reason why people commit suicide. Most people who commit suicide allow their problems to overwhelm them. It is a psychological problem. Now, where faith comes in is in shaping your mind and thoughts. As a Christian, you are taught to place your burdens on God, that is why you find people at the alter making their supplications. When people voice out their problems, it in turn heals them.

It doesn't make the problem go away but it takes the heavy weight off. Faith and belief that God will save them from their problem takes that feeling of loneliness, frustration and depression off their thoughts.

It's like having a shoulder to cry on. A Christian turns to God in times of Crisis.

A non believer, who deals with logic, when faced under intense psychological breakdown will turn to friends and family. Most times they don't get the positive words of affirmation they are looking for that they are not alone. This pushes them to break down and lose faith even in themselves to fight their way out of the situation.

So what I'm saying in essence is religion , belief whether Christian, Muslim or pagan, is a form of therapy especially when people are going through problems that can make them suicidal.

I didn't say church ,I said didn't say brother in the Lord, I said believe in God.

Apparently, this your therapy by belief in god is a failure. I say this because many Christians do commit suicide. Just last week, a pastor committed suicide as reported by the news.

But knowing you, you will close your ears and lie that Christian's dont commit suicide by definition.

Shame

4 Likes

Re: 10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 by TVSA: 5:13pm On Oct 12, 2019
Born2Freak:

Apparently, this your therapy by belief in god is a failure. I say this because many Christians do commit suicide. Just last week, a pastor committed suicide as reported by the news.

But knowing you, you will close your ears and lie that Christian's dont commit suicide by definition.

Shame

no true Scotsman, it's their way to deny their own.

2 Likes

Re: 10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 by paxonel(m): 5:37pm On Oct 12, 2019
Born2Freak:

So, you agree that God cannot be verified by scientific means or even by the five senses.
certainly!
That is why he is a spirit.
He can only be verified in the mind. And that is only possible when the individual see reasons with scriptures especially as God applies in our world today.

So how then do you verify god when you have indirectly admitted that you cannot prove him?
I cannot prove him!
But the bible have a proof of him, and that is what we follow.
Now, look at it this way,
You have heard of the word FAITH isn't it?
The bible indicated that faith is the only evidence of God existence and not the opinion of theists.
what that simply means is, if God truly do not exist, by now in the history of mankind after billions of years of human existence, nobody will be talking about God talkless of having faith in him.
Every knowledgeable person would have somewhere along the line become atheists especially when people are getting knowledge in science and technology which cannot prove God's existence.
Ofcourse, atheism did not start today. Infact, there were people who have lived who never believed in God existence from the beginning of human history, but did that stop people from having faith?
I don't think so,
Instead, the number of people with Faith in God were increasing. It's like the more scientific and educational advancement the more theism increases.
This tells you that there is a powerful God, and what he want from humans(worship) does not depend on even theists opinion talkess of that of atheists. grin

He is in charge, and he get what he want anytime, anyday, yet at the free will of everyone.

1 Like

Re: 10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 by peggywebbs(f): 5:54pm On Oct 12, 2019
I still stand on my point. True Christians don't commit suicide. I don't mean Christians by name but Christians that have a strong belief in their God.

Not those with wavering faith. You can choose to tag everyone a Christian that's your business but those who truely serve God will not take their own life

Born2Freak:

Shame

1 Like

Re: 10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 by LordReed(m): 6:07pm On Oct 12, 2019
peggywebbs:

Who said anything about blaming anyone in particular as the reason why people commit suicide?

The point here is suicidal people will only be more reticent to talk about their suicidal ideations if all they'll get is attitudes like yours that tell them they are not Christian or that they are weak because they have these thoughts. Belittling people will not make them better, it will drive them away.

Whether you said church or god is irrelevant, you said they are not Christians.

4 Likes

Re: 10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 12, 2019
peggywebbs:

(I hope you remain in the dark and when problem comes don't remember to unblock your Christian channels. Besides you don't have to go to church, when you can contact your UFO's. They have the answers)

You atheists constitute more than 80% of the Christian thread here. Everytime you talk about Christians. What is atheism? All I see is a religion that is anti-christian. You work tooth and nail preaching the gospel against Christianity. You live everyday talking about how God doesn't exist and how the bible is a story book.

Here's what atheists do:

I don't see where the op mocked or belitted Christianity....I don't understand what issue you have.
He said "reasons to join atheism" did he say "Christianity is so and so?"...you have an issue with atheists and you get all worked up....did he disprove or insult God or church? He only stated why atheism is a good option and for whatever reasons you have you are complaining...

What's the difference between saying this and saying "reasons you should accept Jesus"

If you ain't comfy feel free to avoid atheist threads...cheers!

2 Likes

Re: 10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 12, 2019
peggywebbs:

But there are Christian's who this therapy don't work for. People get solace from variety of sources. Faith and God can give people solace...it applies to some,but it is not a FACT that it gives people solace,it has however given some solace...

1 Like

Re: 10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 by peggywebbs(f): 5:10am On Oct 13, 2019
Exactly and that was why I mentioned real Christians but people here were attacking me. If you realize that some Christians and even Muslims break out of their religion to become atheists. Many people who claim religion today don't really have that strong belief. Some are born into religion and the moment they begin to experience the harsh realities of life, they blame God.

They start questioning the existence of God since they feel he couldn't help them in their situation. However there are those who have that conviction that no matter the situation God is with them and will see them all the way.

You see when people suffer from intense depression, they shut everyone down. Most times they listen to the thoughts playing around their mind. As a Christian, you know you can't create life, you know you don't even know where you're going after death, you also battle with the fact that your God will not be happy if you take your life.

You will hear some pastors even commit suicide, you will also hear pastors in rape situations, ritual and the rest. Will you now classify them as Christians? Like I said religion is not about what you say but how your life defines you.

When they listed the top 50 spiritual countries in the world, Nigeria was not even on the list. Many people today are not practicing Christianity and their faith wavers that's why you end up see people not believing in anything.

Michellekabod2:

But there are Christian's who this therapy don't work for. People get solace from variety of sources. Faith and God can give people solace...it applies to some,but it is not a FACT that it gives people solace,it has however given some solace...
Re: 10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 by peggywebbs(f): 5:24am On Oct 13, 2019
I don't remember using the word mocking but obviously you have a problem with English. If you don't understand what compare means.

You obviously skipped a lot of church, prayers, tithes, pilgrimage etc in the ops comment before coming for me.

Last time I checked Christians preach salvation when they want to convince people to come to church. They don't compare their religion with Muslims or traditional worshippers. Please read before commenting. Thank you

Michellekabod2:

I don't see where the op mocked or belitted Christianity....I don't understand what issue you have.
He said "reasons to join atheism" did he say "Christianity is so and so?"...you have an issue with atheists and you get all worked up....did he disprove or insult God or church? He only stated why atheism is a good option and for whatever reasons you have you are complaining...

What's the difference between saying this and saying "reasons you should accept Jesus"

If you ain't comfy feel free to avoid atheist threads...cheers!
Re: 10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 by Nobody: 5:46am On Oct 13, 2019
Born2Freak:

Your whole post reeks of denial and ignorance.

First, denial of the fact that Christianity is full of hypocrisy. Wealth-flashing prosperity pastors, thieving politicians who tithe stolen money, corrupt Nigerians claiming to be holy etc.
stop been deluded.

what has this got to do with the truity of Christianity? There are fake mdical doctors, does that make medical profession untrue?

Second, ignorance about what atheism is. Atheism is simply having a disbelief in the existence of God or gods. Atheists are human beings just like you. They do not believe in God the same way you dont believe in Thor or Sango or Hercules
Atheism means disbelief in God right? But why do you spend so much of your time discrediting what you dont believe in? No Atheist are not humans like me, they product of accident and I am a product of an intelligent design with a purpose. Who told you I do not believe there is sango, thor or hercules? People who worship these things are under the influence of real Spirit. There is always a reason for every action.
Atheism believes this world exist by accident, that is the greatest stupidity ever invented or concieved.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? / Why Are Women Not Ordained Priests In Roman Catholic And Anglican Churches? / You Reading This. Yes You. Do You Know You Are A Fallen Angel ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 182
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.