Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,809 members, 7,824,371 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Why A Lot Of Black Women Are Still Single....... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why A Lot Of Black Women Are Still Single....... (869 Views)

Pictures Of Black Girls Trying To Hide Their Big Breasts And Failing Woefully!! / Why Are You Still Single ? / Thread For All Those Still Single In 2017: What's The Way Forward? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why A Lot Of Black Women Are Still Single....... by Ilekokonit: 1:38am On Oct 12, 2019
It is alarming the number of ageing black women found on dating websites today and the shocking thing is that they are no longer ashamed to put their "real" photographs on the dating websites. Not that they should be ashamed in the first place but some years ago they were always reluctant to put their photos online.

Now the problem remains that these same women more often than not act as if they don't need men when approached by men in real life.

My personal opinion is that some of the reasons our women are single past a certain age are as follows :-

1. Pride :- They think they are beautiful and feel they will remain beautiful forever. But then again why do some ugly women act beautiful ?? They forget that Pride goes before a fall.

2. Greed :- When a woman is still single at age 40 and says she wants a knight is shining armour even in this dying minute of the game then such woman needs to examine her head.

3. Arrogance :- When a woman states the following on a dating website - "I have a good job, my own house and my own car" without knowing that this is off putting to real men.
Imagine a woman telling a prospective suitor that I am a big girl and expecting the man to hang around ?

4. Outright indecision and time wasting

5. Comparing themselves to their single friends (in competition) and their happily married friends (in envy / aspiration). They keep forgetting that not all fingers are equal.

6. But above all the singular factor that is keeping women single for too long is the innate arrogance that resides in an educated woman who fails to realize that if she feels "All That" because she is educated then she may end up marrying her certificates.

You can't eat your cake and have it, drop your arrogant mien and you will stop being dumped and just see the guys come flocking back.

Make hay whilst the sun shines as women are like flowers that will not remain beautiful forever. A word is enough for the wise.

Don't remain the last actor on stage when all your humbler friends have gotten hooked to one of the many available men.

Like Bob Marley sang "In the abundance of water the fool is thirsty. There are miilions of good men waiting for our women to be sane enough to marry but will our poison-tongued women listen ?? I don't think so.

Their education has confused and misled them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why A Lot Of Black Women Are Still Single....... by Nobody: 1:50am On Oct 12, 2019
cry

4 Likes

Re: Why A Lot Of Black Women Are Still Single....... by Psalm2423(m): 2:20am On Oct 12, 2019
Inthemoment:
7. All fuckboys: no husbands cry

Guy grin
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Women Are Still Single....... by Psalm2423(m): 2:34am On Oct 12, 2019
I agree with your point on arrogance. I see no reason why women would want to front for someone they are attracted to. So that he can keep asking you out so you don’t look cheap? Who even told these ladies that if they agree at once, that we’d think cheaply of them? Most of them are just deceiving themselves.

On the part where you said they tend to post their cars and stuffs, most do it out of good intentions. Like they want you to know that they’re not golddigers, so you shouldn’t run from them if you like them. Of course it turns most men off, especially those programmed to cater for their beloved (lol), but not me shall. Heaven helps those who help themselves. If you can provide for yourself, then there’s a higher chance of me providing for you, since I know that your intentions are not programmed on my small pocket grin.

Lastly, bout the flower part, most ladies didnt actually date when they were younger. Some were in high demand that they forgot to think twice when rejecting suitors. Some were not beautiful even at their prime (yes, nature cheats most people), so we can’t really blame them when there’s no suitor. Marriage is not by force, but if one must marry to save her face, then she should be prepared for greater unhappiness.

So I basically agree with you on the arrogance part; most ladies exhibit it, but I actually don’t care bout it though. I’m a one way person, I’ve even dispensed family members for feeling entitled or acting arrogantly.

My advice to ladies; don’t wait for men to chase after you. In the western world which we are trying to emulate, most women make the first move. Some men have become used to rejections, so next time you don’t want to look cheap, think bout the possibility of your crush asking twice. Like me, I can date any girl that approaches me (if she’s attractive), I won’t even form expensive. Don’t get to men oh pause before you start acting maturely.

Remember this: nobody actually gives a shit bout your situation or looks (just kidding, they do), or whether you’re cheap or not. It’s all in your head. So, enjoy life, and stop being arrogant.

Quite weird that I’m typing this long at 2am. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why A Lot Of Black Women Are Still Single....... by internationalman(m): 2:47am On Oct 12, 2019
The poor ones want to reap where they didn't sow
Why the rich ones want men to submit to them

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why A Lot Of Black Women Are Still Single....... by A305: 3:45am On Oct 12, 2019
Women at 35 years still don't know what they want. Logic is flawn to women. society and culture is really what makes most marry.

Sometimes, they may not be proud being single but they easily get used to attention from many men and still be thinking the attention will last forever till they start seeing their mates and junior gets married then reality hits them leaving them to marry who is available but not whom they love and after marriage cheat with whom they truly love.

You can see how the life of a woman is illogically guided by societal construct. It's not their fault sha. It's a man's world.

The bad part of being a woman in this world is being sexually frustrated but can't express it, the things she does to show it is being grumpy, aggressive, apprehensive, depressed and yell at anything yellable. Then as a guy, you would begin to ask yourself why are these b itch es so dramatic?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why A Lot Of Black Women Are Still Single....... by healthserve(m): 4:24am On Oct 12, 2019
Ko
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Women Are Still Single....... by MJBOLT: 6:53am On Oct 12, 2019
pride and arrogance are the same thing na undecided
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Women Are Still Single....... by Regiomontanus(m): 7:19am On Oct 12, 2019
1) Pride/arrogance thanks to them embracing feminism in full measure.
2) "I don't need a man" mentality.
3) Inability to submit, respect, and willingly play motherly roles.
4) The glorification of single motherhood and lack of fathers in the home.
5) The delusion that they are above, they've arrived, and the best thing to happen slice bread, because they have certificates. I attribute blame to feminism for telling them certificates are the holy grails; that once they get it, they don't need any man and ought not to submit to any man; etc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why A Lot Of Black Women Are Still Single....... by healthserve(m): 5:59pm On Oct 20, 2019
Regiomontanus:
1) Pride/arrogance thanks to them embracing feminism in full measure.
2) "I don't need a man" mentality.
3) Inability to submit, respect, and willingly play motherly roles.
4) The glorification of single motherhood and lack of fathers in the home.
5) The delusion that they are above, they've arrived, and the best thing to happen slice bread, because they have certificates. I attribute blame to feminism for telling them certificates are the holy grails; that once they get it, they don't need any man and ought not to submit to any man; etc.

Nice

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Biggest Fear? / She Has Got The Assets In Right Places / *+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.