Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls (11426 Views)

Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? / Canada Hopefuls (waiting for COPR) / British Army Recruitment (Hopefuls) Lets Gather Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls by Ugosample(m): 10:22am On Oct 16, 2019
Papertrail11:
Making plans to relocate is not the issue for me but what exactly to do career wise since i dont have canadian experience.

Thinking trade school...

training school issa good idea
Re: Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls by Hadampson(m): 1:31pm On Oct 16, 2019
ziziangel:

Bro, nah story you de talk...your forefathers aided in the destruction process. Story for another day

Well, stay in your country but make we no catch you any day for airport were you wan Jaapa ooh

Lwkmd grin grin
Re: Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls by fastseo: 5:18pm On Oct 16, 2019
CastedDude:
Na from Ajegunle abi Mushin where u dey u wan take give me the uppercut? Dude, u will need a Visa to be where I am.

Bro I sent you a mail please. I will like you to respond me

:cc CastedDude
Re: Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls by Saintp(m): 2:10pm On Oct 23, 2019
edoairways:

Why?

Bros, a lot of things to numerous to mention.
For instance, we had elections on Monday. That day was a like a normal day. There was no police, army, thug anywhere to snatch or burn ballot box . There was no public holiday, people went to school, work and other businesses like any other day.

Polling booths were open till 9pm and there was no police or army , anywhere yet there were no issues. People voted for their candidates peacefully and before we woke up the following day, the results had been announced and the losers congratulated the winners immediately nothing like going to tribunal.

If you were coming into Canada from naija based on how our naija elections are, you will surprised that elections were going on and it was just like a normal day.
When I look at all these things, I tempted to regret why I didn't move earlier to live in a working society. Nothing has given me more joy that living in an environment where things are working. How I wish naija will also work, i would have been happier.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls by Enculer: 2:45pm On Oct 23, 2019
[sup][/sup]7
Saintp:

For instance, we had elections on Monday. That day was a like a normal day. There was no police, army, thug anywhere to snatch or burn ballot box . There was no public holiday, people went to school, work and other businesses like any other day.

Polling booths were open till 9pm and there was no police or army , anywhere yet there were no issues. People voted for their candidates peacefully and before we woke up the following day, the results had been announced and the losers congratulated the winners immediately nothing like going to tribunal.

If you were coming into Canada from naija based on how our naija elections are, you will surprised that elections were going on and it was just like a normal day.
When I look at all these things, I tempted to regret why I didn't move earlier to live in a working society. Nothing has given me more joy that living in an environment where things are working. How I wish naija will also work, i would have been happier.

How about moving from Europe to Canada? Any experience?
Re: Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls by Saintp(m): 3:04pm On Oct 23, 2019
Enculer:
[sup][/sup]7

How about moving from Europe to Canada? Any experience?

I have not actually lived in Europe. I have only been to 2 European countries on business visits which didn't last more than a month on different times so I can't really say much about Europe.

However the West (western Europe and North America) is almost the same when it comes to how their society works except for just few ideological differences.

1 Like

Re: Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls by Ugosample(m): 3:48pm On Oct 23, 2019
Saintp:

just imagine

elections are loading in Kogi

and violence is looming

1 Like

Re: Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls by cannymustgo20: 6:19pm On Oct 23, 2019
Really want to apply for SINP but POF is the only thing standing between me and this dream. God will help us. Any information on how to raise this pof will really be appreciated.
Re: Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 23, 2019
cannymustgo20:
Really want to apply for SINP but POF is the only thing standing between me and this dream. God will help us. Any information on how to raise this pof will really be appreciated.
get relatives to gift you the money or sell some of your assets
Re: Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls by believesama(m): 9:14am On Oct 27, 2019
Hello,
Good morning, I just got married April this year my plans for next year is to save up for Canada movement.
I really need tips on what and what i can be doing to make things happen.

Mind you my mind is made up.
Re: Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls by cannymustgo20: 11:57am On Oct 27, 2019
How I wish I have a relative or friend who has, or have assets to sell then I will not be having sleepless night regarding this.

Tina26:
get relatives to gift you the money or sell some of your assets
Re: Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls by Karmatyra(f): 12:15pm On Oct 27, 2019
ednut1:
there are exams u can do in less than 6 months e.g bcs computer diploma and cima foundation( accounting)
please can you shed more light on this for me?

1 Like

Re: Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls by Enculer: 2:16pm On Oct 27, 2019
Saintp:

I have not actually lived in Europe. I have only been to 2 European countries on business visits which didn't last more than a month on different times so I can't really say much about Europe.

However the West (western Europe and North America) is almost the same when it comes to how their society works except for just few ideological differences.

Cheers
Re: Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 27, 2019
babakb:

Yeah standard of living, but bros even the exchange rate is enough reason for me to immigrate, imagine that i save 2000 CAD every month in Canada after all my expenses, that's over 500,000 naira, common, you sef reason am...
How much do you earn? To save that kind of money?

2 Likes

Re: Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls by Grupo(m): 7:41pm On Oct 27, 2019
ednut1:
there are exams u can do in less than 6 months e.g bcs computer diploma and cima foundation( accounting)

Bro, do you live in Canada? And can I send you pm, please?
Re: Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls by ednut1(m): 7:45pm On Oct 27, 2019
Grupo:

Bro, do you live in Canada? And can I send you pmhttps://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled please?
not yet. If u need info. Check https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled
Re: Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls by iammiracle1(m): 9:31pm On Oct 27, 2019
ednut1:

Bro pls help me with the link where I can get more information about this
Re: Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls by Malli54: 10:13pm On Oct 27, 2019
timesup234:
You are still a kiddie. Thats how it all starts until you eventually get there and your eyes go open. Nigeria is better than all the countries you are dreaming about. Keep dreaming until you wake up to a nightmare
see this witch!! Stay your Nigeria and leave people alone!! We are Nigerians so wicked jealous and you don’t want others to progress leave them with their decisions....follow your Nigeria dreams and leave others with what they want!!

1 Like

Re: Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls by T0TAH: 2:38pm On Oct 28, 2019
Hello House,

Please I’m planning to relocate to Canada with my fiancé. I have submitted my application and my CRS score is - 453. I was told that we can wait till I get my PPR, get married and tender or letter. Has anyone done this or know someone who has? Or should I just go and then file sponsorship?
Re: Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls by Jgoldie: 4:08pm On Oct 28, 2019
I have someone willing to travel to Canada..he has two kids and married,been working as a plumber in the civil service for 5yrs..how much does he needs and how will ha apply
Re: Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls by ednut1(m): 4:30pm On Oct 28, 2019
T0TAH:
Hello House,

Please I’m planning to relocate to Canada with my fiancé. I have submitted my application and my CRS score is - 453. I was told that we can wait till I get my PPR, get married and tender or letter. Has anyone done this or know someone who has? Or should I just go and then file sponsorship?
https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/69#83533986
Re: Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls by odafek: 8:28am On Oct 19, 2020
Good morning,
Please I need advice, I am currently the HR officer and I report directly to the CEO where I work, I currently need employment reference letter but I dont want my CEO to know about my canada processing for now , because he wont allow me breathe. Someone advised that the HR assistant can sign my reference letter, I really dont know if that makes sense as she reports to me.
Please has anyone been in my position before and what did you do.
Thanks in advance.

Your best bet to relocate to Canada as a permanent resident is through any of the following Skilled Worker Programs:

Express Entry
Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
Provincial Nominee Program
And in few months Rural and Northern Immigration Program

But for any program you intend to run you must get 3 documents ready:

1. ECA Report (You can use WES or ICAS to get this report.
2. IELTS Result.
3. Employment Reference Letter[/quote]
Re: Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls by Oceanfield: 2:26pm On Oct 19, 2020
babakb:
Some Nigerias still can't fathom why others passionately want to legally immigrate to canada, they always tell us no place like home, it's not worth the stress, we are going there to start over again and bla bla bla......

Well here are my reasons for wanting to immigrate to Canada:

To obtain the Canadian Passport
Once you have lived in Canada for over 3 years as a permanent resident you can apply for Citizenship and obtain Canadian Passport, The Canadian passport can enter over 180 countries in the world either Visa free or Visa on Arrival including UK, USA and the whole of Europe.

To give my kids Quality Education
We all know that Canadian Education is one of the best and very expensive in the world but as a permanent resident or citizen you will get it very cheap or even free.

Access to Quality Medicare
Canada has one of the best and expensive Medicare in the world but as a permanent resident or citizen you will get it very cheap or even free.

Law and Order
Violent crimes are rare in Canada because they have law and order, in fact Canada has been accepting Immigrants and Refugees for over 30 years now, yet there is law and order that tells you that they don't joke with security.

Business Opportunities
Canada's major exports are Technology, Machinery and Equipments while its Major Imports are Jewellery and Agricultural products so Immigrants can study the markets very well and take full advantage.

Once I make up my mind. No one can discourage me .
Re: Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls by Cousin9999: 10:06pm On Oct 19, 2020
jesmond3945:
thats why you would asslick whiteman till you join your ancestors.

[img]https://media./images/11f3a3fe0b7b1d3c9aaa1870d8b2db45/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls by RuggedSniper: 7:22pm On Oct 30, 2020
babakb:

Your best bet to relocate to Canada as a permanent resident is through any of the following Skilled Worker Programs:

Express Entry
Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
Provincial Nominee Program
And in few months Rural and Northern Immigration Program

But for any program you intend to run you must get 3 documents ready:

1. ECA Report (You can use WES or ICAS to get this report.
2. IELTS Result.
3. Employment Reference Letter
Re: Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls by RuggedSniper: 7:43pm On Oct 30, 2020
Saintp:
I remember a day before we left naija, I and my wife went to the bank, I withdraw 8m and my wife withdrew 2m and we changed it to Dollars in preparation of our journey the following day.

My cousin was mad. He was like "you are stupid ooo. How can you go and burn 10m abroad instead of investing it here" He made a last ditch attempt to stop me by showing me lands, properties that I can buy that will generate profit for me. He also brought a business idea which he says will double the money in 18 months.

After all his rant, I told him that man shall not live by money alone. I am not a slave to money and I want more than just money.

Most people don't understand why someone wants to leave naija. The reasons look stupid to them. But then there is no right or wrong, it is just a matter what you want out of life. We can't all have the same mentality.

This is why I tell people not to do follow follow but examine themselves properly to be sure what their interests are before making any immigration decision.

My only regret today is that I should have left naija earlier than when I left but thank God I left finally.
WORD! Very profound.
Re: Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls by Miraj22(f): 7:22pm On Nov 01, 2020
Please what of someone that studied fisheries and aquaculture, are there opportunities in Canada for such person.

1 Like

Re: Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls by safex(m): 11:15pm On Nov 01, 2020
Miraj22:
Please what of someone that studied fisheries and aquaculture, are there opportunities in Canada for such person.
Lemme help you ask properly :

Do they have rivers in Canada?
Do they eat fish in Canada?

grin
Re: Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls by RuggedSniper: 12:09am On Nov 02, 2020
babakb:
Some Nigerias still can't fathom why others passionately want to legally immigrate to canada, they always tell us no place like home, it's not worth the stress, we are going there to start over again and bla bla bla......

Well here are my reasons for wanting to immigrate to Canada:

To obtain the Canadian Passport
Once you have lived in Canada for over 3 years as a permanent resident you can apply for Citizenship and obtain Canadian Passport, The Canadian passport can enter over 180 countries in the world either Visa free or Visa on Arrival including UK, USA and the whole of Europe.

To give my kids Quality Education
We all know that Canadian Education is one of the best and very expensive in the world but as a permanent resident or citizen you will get it very cheap or even free.

Access to Quality Medicare
Canada has one of the best and expensive Medicare in the world but as a permanent resident or citizen you will get it very cheap or even free.

Law and Order
Violent crimes are rare in Canada because they have law and order, in fact Canada has been accepting Immigrants and Refugees for over 30 years now, yet there is law and order that tells you that they don't joke with security.

Business Opportunities
Canada's major exports are Technology, Machinery and Equipments while its Major Imports are Jewellery and Agricultural products so Immigrants can study the markets very well and take full advantage.
^^^The same Canada was made the butt of jokes internationally in the 1970s because of the over 16% banking interest rate and the insurrections/bombings by the French-speaking part of Canada! Are you PONDERING what I'm pondering? grin

1 Share

Re: Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls by odinga1of: 1:05am On Nov 02, 2020
ednut1:

Big bro, I always look forward to your comments on every Canada thread ( you always give your best opinion)

How do I go about the Computer Diploma stuff in 6months interval.

I am based in Delta State. And what's the cost
Re: Before You Discourage Canada Hopefuls by ednut1(m): 3:01am On Nov 02, 2020
odinga1of:

Big bro, I always look forward to your comments on every Canada thread ( you always give your best opinion)

How do I go about the Computer Diploma stuff in 6months interval.

I am based in Delta State. And what's the cost
https://www.nairaland.com/bnttech contact him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

COVID-19: FG Relaxes Restriction On Foreign Travellers / Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? / Nigeria Suspends Gambian National Airline Over Ebola Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.