Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? (6775 Views)

Today Is Christ The Universe King Sunday / Is Man's Destiny In Gods Hands Or Is It Man That Shapes His Own Destiny? / Catholics: Today Is Christ The King Sunday, As We Mark The Beginning Of Advent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? by ichuka(m): 5:01pm On Oct 22, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Playing MIA cos of heat, erhn?
Hi missjojo, missjo
Lol
U sure? Lol
If u want to yan yan oo
I got ur back bro.
Re: Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? by missjo(f): 5:06pm On Oct 22, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Na for hause, sette dey wait for bumbum come siddon. When you're done getting things done, I'll still be here, around, lol. Run ooo, run as much as you like but me, I know say you nefa fit hide, lol.
cheesy
Re: Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? by ichuka(m): 5:06pm On Oct 22, 2019
missjo:

Lol Muttley.
Was just getting some things done and did not want to be distracted by your shenanigans grin
Hi sis,
muttleylaff and Ihedinobi3's are my big bros
I also presumed they have all the answers
Pls continue with them.

Thanks
Re: Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? by MuttleyLaff: 9:47pm On Oct 22, 2019
ichuka:
Hi sis,
Pls continue with them.

Thanks
No ooo ichuka, no ooo, no pour marijuana, put and dump inside my pocket ooo
ichuka, MuttleyLaff and Ihedinobi3's we are each and all be big bros, not leaving out missjo as big sis
Nobagar is an island of have all the answers, information and knowledge.
Nobody except God, has all the answers, is All knowing. Alleluia.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? by ichuka(m): 10:26pm On Oct 22, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
ichuka, MuttleyLaff and Ihedinobi3's we are each and all be big bros, not leaving out missjo as big sis
Hi bro
I hear u
Missjo is my Big Sis too naaa.
Just that u guys n some few other has been my mentor for long.
Re: Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? by kkins25(m): 12:57pm On Oct 23, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Just as I previously asked missjo, where in the text did you read that God killed an animal to provide raw material to make coats of skins covering, hmmm? Or that is what you learned isnt it. Right?

I laughed when kkins25 counter asked with "where in the bible did it say that God did not use animal hide?" After they lost their cloth of righteousness, the skin we currently have is what God made in Genesis 3:21 to clothe and cover them up with

Of course, you would know, I'll pull you up on this. You cant just make a passing "LIFE IS IN THE BLOOD" comment just like that, without being ready and prepared to, in details, explain what "LIFE IS IN THE BLOOD" means. Even tell why and how this can be.

I am sorry, I dont see the connection and/or relevance of Galatains 3:20 to any of this.
Also how is "the offender is also God" sic
so where are the answers at bolded?? further explain what you mean by
the skin we currently have is what God made in Genesis 3:21 to clothe and cover them up with
Re: Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? by kkins25(m): 1:01pm On Oct 23, 2019
JMAN05:

There is nothing like that my dear. Whoever said so is the Antichrist. 1jhn 2:21-22.

There is a Father and a son. Trinity denies that by saying God is the father and the son is the father too. They say father and son are the same. Antichrist.
muttley sir, you see, i have alot of yada yada to drag with you... im in one of life's crisis right now and would reply you with yadayada that cripples your yadayada. especially this trinity part, not to forget the virgin birth. the fire you lit up in me to burn you is still blazing and thirsty for your blood,as well as you other big bros.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? by missjo(f): 4:59pm On Oct 23, 2019
ichuka:

Hi sis,
Pls continue with them.

Thanks
Lol, I will. I actually learn a lot from both of them here.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? by missjo(f): 5:12pm On Oct 23, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Absolutely smiley

Romans 11:33 New International Version (NIV)
33 Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!

1 Corinthians 3:19 New International Version (NIV)
19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight. As it is written: “He catches the wise in their craftiness”

1 Corinthians 1:25 New International Version (NIV)
25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.
Re: Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? by Ihedinobi3: 5:49pm On Oct 23, 2019
missjo:

Absolutely smiley

Romans 11:33 New International Version (NIV)
33 Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!

1 Corinthians 3:19 New International Version (NIV)
19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight. As it is written: “He catches the wise in their craftiness”

1 Corinthians 1:25 New International Version (NIV)
25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.
Hello missjo.

It is indeed true that it is only the Lord that has all the answers, but I think it is important to caution you against the common falsehood that nobody then is qualified to teach the other, that we are all equally capable of discerning the Truth for ourselves. That is a terrible error.

No pastor-teacher is perfect (James 3:2). But it is not only a possibility, but also a mandate that we ought to grow to spiritual maturity, at which point we are supposed to be able to "tell our right hand from our left" spiritually, and it is the job of pastor-teachers to help us all grow up to this point. From 1 Corinthians 1-3 at least, we know that there are believers who are in essential infancy, spiritually speaking, and there is a point in spiritual development called "maturity," where believers can communicate in "God's secret wisdom...that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began." As Paul puts it, this wisdom is such that

9...Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

1 Corinthians 2:9-10 KJV

This is what we should all be straining for: the appreciation of this wisdom that the Lord has packaged for us in the Bible. Paul assures us that when we are taught, we will no longer be like children who are tossed around by all sorts of philosophies, ideas, and teachings (Ephesians 4:11-14). That is, we would know with certainty what is true and what isn't.

Of course, that is not the same thing as "knowing it all," and as long as we are still in this flesh, we cannot appreciate every last detail of biblical teaching. We won't know it all, not until the Resurrection (1 Corinthians 13:12; 1 John 3:2), however, maturity is a threshold that we can all attain to, if we want. It is a point at which the full system of biblical truth becomes clear to you, and you are no longer susceptible to lies, at least, it will take the enemy a lot more to deceive you than it did when you were yet "carnal."

As I think I have essentially demonstrated to you before, this attainment to maturity is not automatic. It takes work. You have to be diligent, not only in reading the Bible, but also in submitting to a Bible-teaching ministry and learning from one (just one) pastor-teacher whom you have tested and proved to be true to the Scriptures, believing what you learn, and applying it to your life. Only doing things this way will bring you to spiritual maturity. When you attain maturity, your own spiritual gifts will have become fully apparent, and you will be tested as to your commitment to the Truth and your love for the Church. After this, you will be put into your own specific ministry by the Lord, so that you can use whatever your unique spiritual gift is to help other believers to progress in the Truth or to help unbelievers who are willing to come into the Faith.

So, please don't labor under the delusion that we are all as good as each other and fail to take full advantage of the rare pastor-teachers that the Lord has provided to us to learn the whole realm of Bible Truth. That pastor-teachers are placed in the Church as shepherds over believers is not because they are so much better than everybody else, but they are thoroughly prepared by the Lord through a course of preparation that you may not find very desirable to pursue in order for them to be able to take care of the Lord's Sheep. A pastor-teacher not only has to grow to spiritual maturity and pass through the tests of maturity like every other believer, but he also has to learn the original languages in which the Bible was written, ancient and church history, and textual and literary criticism just to be able to teach the Bible with confidence in what he says. That is not to mention the most obvious thing: he must know the Bible like the back of his own hand. Not many of us can handle that kind of pressure, just to try to teach people who will not want to listen to him in the end. Still, a pastor-teacher does it for love of the Lord and of the Lord's Church which He loved so much that He literally died for her.

Please take all that to heart and make sure to grow up spiritually and don't limit yourself to Scriptural hobbyism, like many believers today prefer to do.
Re: Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? by budaatum: 10:25pm On Oct 23, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

It is indeed true that it is only the Lord that has all the answers, but I think it is important to caution you against the common falsehood that nobody then is qualified to teach the other, that we are all equally capable of discerning the Truth for ourselves.
Missjo, according to the quoted, I am "not one of him" so don't you take my word for it, but it is indeed true that we are all equally capable of discerning the Truth for ourselves.

For Christ the Messiah did not claim he would only "send the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost from the Father in Christ name" unto some alone.

But to all those who seek, indeed shall find and "will it teach all things and bring all things to your remembrance whatsoever Christ has said".

So do not let some make out they can be your saviour for it is the Lord God the Father and Jesus Christ the Son and the Holy Spirit that is One that is the Saviour of humankind and not some pumped up self righteous teacher who thinks he alone has God blessed!

But please, as I said, do not take my word for it, because, according to the quoted, "buda is not one of him"! The Holy Spirit will be thy guide.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? by missjo(f): 6:30am On Oct 24, 2019
budaatum:

Missjo, according to the quoted, I am "not one of him" so don't you take my word for it, but it is indeed true that we are all equally capable of discerning the Truth for ourselves.

For Christ the Messiah did not claim he would only "send the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost from the Father in Christ name" unto some alone.

But to all those who seek, indeed shall find and "will it teach all things and bring all things to your remembrance whatsoever Christ has said".

So do not let some make out they can be your saviour for it is the Lord God the Father and Jesus Christ the Son and the Holy Spirit that is One that is the Saviour of humankind and not some pumped up self righteous teacher who thinks he alone has God blessed!

But please, as I said, do not take my word for it, because, according to the quoted, "buda is not one of him"! The Holy Spirit will be thy guide.

Fortunately, I will take your word for it because indeed the holy ghost is not unto some but unto all.

Lol @buda is not one of him cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? by missjo(f): 6:31am On Oct 24, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Hello missjo.

It is indeed true that it is only the Lord that has all the answers, but I think it is important to caution you against the common falsehood that nobody then is qualified to teach the other, that we are all equally capable of discerning the Truth for ourselves. That is a terrible error.

No pastor-teacher is perfect (James 3:2). But it is not only a possibility, but also a mandate that we ought to grow to spiritual maturity, at which point we are supposed to be able to "tell our right hand from our left" spiritually, and it is the job of pastor-teachers to help us all grow up to this point. From 1 Corinthians 1-3 at least, we know that there are believers who are in essential infancy, spiritually speaking, and there is a point in spiritual development called "maturity," where believers can communicate in "God's secret wisdom...that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began." As Paul puts it, this wisdom is such that

9...Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

1 Corinthians 2:9-10 KJV

This is what we should all be straining for: the appreciation of this wisdom that the Lord has packaged for us in the Bible. Paul assures us that when we are taught, we will no longer be like children who are tossed around by all sorts of philosophies, ideas, and teachings (Ephesians 4:11-14). That is, we would know with certainty what is true and what isn't.

Of course, that is not the same thing as "knowing it all," and as long as we are still in this flesh, we cannot appreciate every last detail of biblical teaching. We won't know it all, not until the Resurrection (1 Corinthians 13:12; 1 John 3:2), however, maturity is a threshold that we can all attain to, if we want. It is a point at which the full system of biblical truth becomes clear to you, and you are no longer susceptible to lies, at least, it will take the enemy a lot more to deceive you than it did when you were yet "carnal."

As I think I have essentially demonstrated to you before, this attainment to maturity is not automatic. It takes work. You have to be diligent, not only in reading the Bible, but also in submitting to a Bible-teaching ministry and learning from one (just one) pastor-teacher whom you have tested and proved to be true to the Scriptures, believing what you learn, and applying it to your life. Only doing things this way will bring you to spiritual maturity. When you attain maturity, your own spiritual gifts will have become fully apparent, and you will be tested as to your commitment to the Truth and your love for the Church. After this, you will be put into your own specific ministry by the Lord, so that you can use whatever your unique spiritual gift is to help other believers to progress in the Truth or to help unbelievers who are willing to come into the Faith.

So, please don't labor under the delusion that we are all as good as each other and fail to take full advantage of the rare pastor-teachers that the Lord has provided to us to learn the whole realm of Bible Truth. That pastor-teachers are placed in the Church as shepherds over believers is not because they are so much better than everybody else, but they are thoroughly prepared by the Lord through a course of preparation that you may not find very desirable to pursue in order for them to be able to take care of the Lord's Sheep. A pastor-teacher not only has to grow to spiritual maturity and pass through the tests of maturity like every other believer, but he also has to learn the original languages in which the Bible was written, ancient and church history, and textual and literary criticism just to be able to teach the Bible with confidence in what he says. That is not to mention the most obvious thing: he must know the Bible like the back of his own hand. Not many of us can handle that kind of pressure, just to try to teach people who will not want to listen to him in the end. Still, a pastor-teacher does it for love of the Lord and of the Lord's Church which He loved so much that He literally died for her.

Please take all that to heart and make sure to grow up spiritually and don't limit yourself to Scriptural hobbyism, like many believers today prefer to do.
Lol, I was in no way trying to imply that we cannot learn from each other sir. Far from it.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? by MuttleyLaff: 7:04am On Oct 24, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Just as I previously asked missjo, where in the text did you read that God killed an animal to provide raw material to make coats of skins covering, hmmm? Or that is what you learned isnt it. Right?

I laughed when kkins25 counter asked with "where in the bible did it say that God did not use animal hide?" After they lost their cloth of righteousness, the skin we currently have is what God made in Genesis 3:21 to clothe and cover them up with

Of course, you would know, I'll pull you up on this. You cant just make a passing "LIFE IS IN THE BLOOD" comment just like that, without being ready and prepared to, in details, explain what "LIFE IS IN THE BLOOD" means. Even tell why and how this can be.

I am sorry, I dont see the connection and/or relevance of Galatains 3:20 to any of this.
Also how is "the offender is also God" sic

kkins25:
so where are the answers at bolded?? further explain what you mean by:
"the skin we currently have is what God made in Genesis 3:21 to clothe and cover them up with"
"You clothed me with skin and flesh, and knit me together with bones and sinews."
- Job 10:11 Berean Study Bible

"Didn't you dress me in skin and flesh and weave me together with bones and tendons?"
- Job 10:11 GOD'S WORD® Translation

The Valley of Dry Bones
"1The hand of the LORD was upon me, and He brought me out by His Spirit and set me down in the middle of the valley, and it was full of bones.
2He led me all around among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, and indeed, they were very dry.
3Then He asked me, “Son of man, can these bones come to life?”
“O Lord GOD,” I replied, “only You know.”
4And He said to me, “Prophesy concerning these bones and tell them: ‘Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD!
5This is what the Lord GOD says to these bones: I will cause breatha to enter you, and you will come to life.
6I will attach tendons to you and make flesh grow upon you and cover you with skin. I will put breath within you so that you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the LORD.’”
7So I prophesied as I had been commanded. And as I prophesied, there was suddenly a noise, a rattling, and the bones came together, bone to bone.
8As I looked on, tendons appeared on them, flesh grew, and skin covered them; but there was no breath in them.
"
- Ezekiel 37:1-8

kkins25, not many like you can see the dots, join the dots and to connect them to get the obscured picture, wink wink
Re: Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? by Ihedinobi3: 7:08am On Oct 24, 2019
missjo:

Lol, I was in no way trying to imply that we cannot learn from each other sir. Far from it.
I think I understand your position. I was hoping only to strengthen it. That is what I will also do here:

It's not that we learn from each other. It is that we all learn from pastor-teachers. Pastor-teachers rely on other believers for lots of things including prayers, material support, spiritual encouragement, etc, but they are the ones that others lean on to learn what the Bible says, because of their unique gifting to not only see connections in the Bible, but also to communicate them clearly to others.
Re: Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? by Ihedinobi3: 7:18am On Oct 24, 2019
missjo:

Fortunately, I will take your word for it because indeed the holy ghost is not unto some but unto all.

For what it's worth...

[16]I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever;
[17]that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.

John 14:16-17 NASB

[9]I ask on their behalf; I do not ask on behalf of the world, but of those whom You have given Me; for they are Yours...
John 17:9 NASB

I wouldn't say that the Holy Spirit is "unto all," if I'm understanding you correctly at all. He is a Gift to the Church to celebrate the Session of Christ in Heaven with the Father. He does convict the world of sin and righteousness and judgment, especially through the Gospel that believers proclaim (see Acts 2:37, for example), but He is not a gift to the world.

As for His Role in teaching us the Truth, He is the One Who empowers pastor-teachers to teach and enables all willing believers who obey the Truth to learn, so the idea that because we all possess the Holy Spirit, nobody ought to submit to pastor-teachers is not only ludicrous but also unscriptural.

Finally, yes, budaatum is not a believer at all. He/she says that him/herself. You can ask him/her too, if you want. So, you should be careful with him/her.

Edited.
Re: Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? by MuttleyLaff: 7:24am On Oct 24, 2019
missjo:

kkins25:
you see my friend, when conversing with monikers like buda, you should read twice if not probably thrice before replying.
buda is a notorious conman of words. he is like a colorful toad, attractive but poisonous.

MuttleyLaff:
You cracked me up yesterday, leaving me bursting out in laughter on the public walkway reading this comment and especially the last sentence above. Can I borrow using the phrase "buda is a notorious conman of words. He is like a colorful toad, attractive but poisonous," Wow. You dont worry, as I will credit you as the originator of the phrase if/whenever I get to re-use it

Ihedinobi3:
The above is only a sampling of Scriptural passages about God's attitude to those who rebel against Him, those who corrupt His Truth and cause others to stumble, and those who persecute and murder His Children. Among them too is one about the prayer of believers who were martyred that the Lord would avenge them upon their murderers. The psalms are full of that kind of thing too.

You are not one of us, budaatum. You're the worst kind of human being there is. You do not want Salvation, and you will not let those who want it have it in peace. You are forever looking for obstacles to throw in the way of those who are on the high road to Jerusalem, if perhaps you can cause some to go lame or be discouraged and turn back. Maybe you will repent one day and submit to the Lord Jesus and be saved. Until then, you are simply building up God's Anger against you, and when He pours it out on you, you will wish that you were never born.

Do I wish for your peace? Why would I give you all the warnings that I constantly give you if I did not? But I am not naive. I am not a fool. So I do not believe that you are a friend of the Lord's or of His People. Therefore, I do not treat you like you are either. That is what is meant by there can be no peace with the likes of you. I certainly cannot do you any harm. What can I do? Even if I knew you in person, the worst thing that I could do to you is to stay as far away from you as I can. I cannot harm you. You are not mine to harm. But if you speak about the Bible and misrepresent the Lord to anyone who will listen to me, then I will oppose you. That is how there is no peace between us. The harm that will come to you will come from the Lord, not from me.

Michellekabod2:
You are free,will never quote you as regards to your misandrist posts. Noted!
I am rude!
Just so you know, you are hypocritical, not straightforward and double mouthed (no one can rely on your yes or no, because a conman like you changes his mouth)

Michellekabod2:
You called me rude and I call u what you are . You can tag others and when they tag you you will start saying their opinions of you don't count..Buda f.uck off

Michellekabod2:
... Buda, you are very very stupid!
You look so good in the picture of you that you uploaded.

missjo fyi, lol

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? by missjo(f): 7:25am On Oct 24, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

"You clothed me with skin and flesh, and knit me together with bones and sinews."
- Job 10:11 Berean Study Bible

"Didn't you dress me in skin and flesh and weave me together with bones and tendons?"
- Job 10:11 GOD'S WORD® Translation
Job is here making reference to our human skin, the one God fashioned from the dust of the earth.

The Valley of Dry Bones
"1The hand of the LORD was upon me, and He brought me out by His Spirit and set me down in the middle of the valley, and it was full of bones.
2He led me all around among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, and indeed, they were very dry.
3Then He asked me, “Son of man, can these bones come to life?”
“O Lord GOD,” I replied, “only You know.”
4And He said to me, “Prophesy concerning these bones and tell them: ‘Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD!
5This is what the Lord GOD says to these bones: I will cause breatha to enter you, and you will come to life.
6I will attach tendons to you and make flesh grow upon you and cover you with skin. I will put breath within you so that you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the LORD.’”
7So I prophesied as I had been commanded. And as I prophesied, there was suddenly a noise, a rattling, and the bones came together, bone to bone.
8As I looked on, tendons appeared on them, flesh grew, and skin covered them; but there was no breath in them.
"
- Ezekiel 37:1-8

kkins25, not many like you can see the dots, join the dots and to connect them to get the obscured picture, wink wink
The entire scripture you just quoted was given by God as a vision to Ezekiel regarding the prophetic restoration of the nation of Israel, nothing here is to be taken literally.

Dry bones signify the absence of spirituality, the people of Israel will turn their backs on the Christ.
Sinews, flesh, and breath, all signify the spiritual restoration of Israel which will take place at the second coming.

In case you are still in doubt, this is what verse 11-14 of the same chapter had to say:

Ezekiel 37:11-14 New International Version (NIV)
11 Then he said to me: “Son of man, these bones are the people of Israel. They say, ‘Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off.’
12 Therefore prophesy and say to them: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: My people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel.
13 Then you, my people, will know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves and bring you up from them.
14 I will put my Spirit (breath, sinew, skin) in (over) you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the Lord have spoken, and I have done it, declares the Lord.’”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? by missjo(f): 7:30am On Oct 24, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

For what it's worth...

[16]I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever;
[17]that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.

John 14:16-17 NASB

[9]I ask on their behalf; I do not ask on behalf of the world, but of those whom You have given Me; for they are Yours...
John 17:9 NASB

I wouldn't say that the Holy Spirit is "unto all," if I'm understanding you correctly at all. He is a Gift to the Church to celebrate the Session of Christ in Heaven with the Father. He does convict the world of sin and righteousness and judgment, especially through the Gospel that believers proclaim (see Acts 2:37, for example), but He is not a gift to the world.

As for His Role in teaching us the Truth, He is the One Who empowers pastor-teachers to teach and enables all willing believers who obey the Truth to learn, so the idea that because we all possess the Holy Spirit, nobody ought to submit to pastor-teachers is not only ludicrous but also unscriptural.

Finally, yes, budaatum is not a believer at all. He/she says that him/herself. You can ask him/her too, if you want. So, you should be careful with him/her.

Edited.
Yes, a gift to the church, not a gift to ALL as in the entire human race. And even as a gift to the church, we must seek him first.

As for budaatum, lol. I know what she is and find her exciting all the same but not in the sense that i am not 'aware' of her antics.
Re: Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? by MuttleyLaff: 7:30am On Oct 24, 2019
missjo:
Job is here making reference to our human skin, the one God fashioned from the dust of the earth.

The entire scripture you just quoted was given by God as a vision to Ezekiel regarding the prophetic restoration of the nation of Israel, nothing here is to be taken literally.

Dry bones signify the absence of spirituality, the people of Israel will turn their backs on the Christ.
Sinews, flesh, and breath, all signify the spiritual restoration of Israel which will take place at the second coming.

In case you are still in doubt, this is what verse 11-14 of the same chapter had to say:

11 Then he said to me: “Son of man, these bones are the people of Israel. They say, ‘Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off.’
12 Therefore prophesy and say to them: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: My people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel.
13 Then you, my people, will know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves and bring you up from them.
14 I will put my Spirit (breath, sinew, skin) in (over) you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the Lord have spoken, and I have done it, declares the Lord.’”
Oh yeah, is Job now there making reference to our human skin, the one God fashioned from the dust of the earth, hmm? It's OK, it's alright then. lol.
Re: Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? by missjo(f): 7:33am On Oct 24, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

missjo fyi, lol

Lol, yes I can see. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? by missjo(f): 7:35am On Oct 24, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Oh yeah, is Job now there making reference to our human skin, the one God fashioned from the dust of the earth, hmm? It's OK, it's alright then. lol.
Yes, human skin from dust NOT the covering with which our first parents were clothed after they sinned.
Re: Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? by missjo(f): 7:38am On Oct 24, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

I think I understand your position. I was hoping only to strengthen it. That is what I will also do here:

It's not that we learn from each other. It is that we all learn from pastor-teachers. Pastor-teachers rely on other believers for lots of things including prayers, material support, spiritual encouragement, etc, but they are the ones that others lean on to learn what the Bible says, because of their unique gifting to not only see connections in the Bible, but also to communicate them clearly to others.
Can this unique gift be given to anyone who seeks the holy ghost?
Re: Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? by MuttleyLaff: 7:51am On Oct 24, 2019
missjo:
Yes, human skin from dust NOT the covering with which our first parents were clothed after they sinned.
[img]https://s3/images/FacePalmSmh.gif[/img]
Human skin came later, even apocrypha books and the Quran attests to this missjo. Even Yorubas too say: "human beings are clothes"
I have work to go to,this moment, so will revert back in the PM, say anytime after 3-4pm, OK?
Re: Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? by MuttleyLaff: 7:56am On Oct 24, 2019
missjo:
Of course, your greatest Teacher, afterall is the Spirit of Truth, aka Holy Spirit, even Holy Ghost, who guides you into all truths. If anyone of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all, without finding fault, and it will be given to you. That promise is courtesy of James 1:5 missjo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? by Ihedinobi3: 8:23am On Oct 24, 2019
missjo:

Yes, a gift to the church, not a gift to ALL as in the entire human race. And even as a gift to the church, we must seek him first.

As for budaatum, lol. I know what she is and find her exciting all the same but not in the sense that i am not 'aware' of her antics.
I'm pleased to hear that.

As for seeking Him first, not quite. If you believe in the Lord Jesus, then you have the Holy Spirit. He is given to us now at the point that we believe the Gospel. It was only briefly during the time of the Apostles that He was only given through the laying on of hands by the Apostles or others who shared in some degree in apostolic authority. The reason for that was to make clear that the Church is actually Israel, so the Gentiles were saved only in association with the Jews. Laying on of hands was a way to symbolize that association. Once that principle was firmly established, it was no longer needed as a ritual. Right from the moment that the Bible was completed, while some of the Apostles were still alive, there has not been any need for laying on of hands for new believers to receive the Holy Spirit. Once you believe, you are given the Holy Spirit through Whom you are baptised into the Trinity and into the Church.
Re: Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? by Ihedinobi3: 8:53am On Oct 24, 2019
missjo:

As I said above, the Holy Spirit is given at the point that we receive the Gospel in faith, so that is when we all receive our spiritual gifts, although the nature of the gifts may not be apparent to us immediately or even until we reach spiritual maturity.

As for anyone receiving the pastor-teaching gift, first, it is exclusive to men, although women do receive the gift of teaching, which while similar is not exactly the same. The gift of teaching makes anyone who has it able to communicate the doctrines of the Bible very clearly to others so that they can understand the Bible, but pastor-teaching carries unique authority that is shared by no other extant gift in the Church.

To answer your question directly, this is what the Bible says:

[7]But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ's gift.
[11]And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers...

Ephesians 4:7,11 NASB

[1]Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware.
[4]Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit.
[5]And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord.
[6]There are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons.
[7]But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.
[8]For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, and to another the word of knowledge according to the same Spirit;
[9]to another faith by the same Spirit, and to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit,
[10]and to another the effecting of miracles, and to another prophecy, and to another the distinguishing of spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, and to another the interpretation of tongues.
[11]But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills.
[12]For even as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the body, though they are many, are one body, so also is Christ.
[13]For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.
[14]For the body is not one member, but many.
[15]If the foot says, "Because I am not a hand, I am not a part of the body," it is not for this reason any the less a part of the body.
[16]And if the ear says, "Because I am not an eye, I am not a part of the body," it is not for this reason any the less a part of the body.
[17]If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole were hearing, where would the sense of smell be?
[18]But now God has placed the members, each one of them, in the body, just as He desired.
[19]If they were all one member, where would the body be?
[20]But now there are many members, but one body.
[21]And the eye cannot say to the hand, "I have no need of you"; or again the head to the feet, "I have no need of you."
[22]On the contrary, it is much truer that the members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary;
[23]and those members of the body which we deem less honorable, on these we bestow more abundant honor, and our less presentable members become much more presentable,
[24]whereas our more presentable members have no need of it. But God has so composed the body, giving more abundant honor to that member which lacked,
[25]so that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another.
[26]And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.
[27]Now you are Christ's body, and individually members of it.
[28]And God has appointed in the church, first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, various kinds of tongues.
[29]All are not apostles, are they? All are not prophets, are they? All are not teachers, are they? All are not workers of miracles, are they?
[30]All do not have gifts of healings, do they? All do not speak with tongues, do they? All do not interpret, do they?

1 Corinthians 12:1,4-30 NASB

That is to say, not everyone can be a pastor-teacher, even if they wanted to be. We are each of us exactly what God wants us to be, and that is what matters. It is the Lord's Choice what gift we will have and be to the Church, not ours. Our business is to choose how we will use the gift we are given - whether to honor the Lord by using it to the best of our ability to serve the Church or whether to dishonor Him by refusing to use it at all perhaps because we wish we were given some other gift.

Each gift is important, necessary, and critical to the development of the Church. It is true that some are more critical than others, in a manner of speaking. For example, there are only Twelve Apostles. They form the foundations of the Church. Without them, according to God's Plan, there would be no Church. There were more prophets throughout history than Apostles, true, but even for all that, prophets were always a handful in the Church. The Scriptures were written by only prophets and Apostles. So, basically, the Church is built on the words of these two offices. Teachers are the third in line in authority. They are the only office among the three that is still extant in the Church, but like the other two, they are the scarcest gift in the Church (a more correct translation of 1 Corinthians 24:12 demonstrates this), but they are the only ones with the ability to bring the words of the Apostles and prophets home to other believers in a way that enables them to grow spiritually and become more confident in their faith in the Lord.

Even so, no Apostle, prophet, or teacher could function meaningfully without the help and support of other members of the Church. Without the evangelist, there would be no new believer to teach. Without the giver, there would be too much pressure from life for many of these men to flourish. Without the encourager, they would very likely flag in zeal. It goes on and on. We all need each other, even if only a few of us are placed in extremely sensitive positions.

In the end too, we are all fighting for the same exact rewards. No one is disadvantaged by their gifting. So, the three crowns are just as available to the "simple" giver as they are to the "great" Apostle. One is no better positioned to win them than the other. And they both win them the same way: by serving fellow believers in a way that helps them progress in the Truth and by helping willing unbelievers come into the Faith too. Also, although people like pastor-teachers, for example, have a harder path of preparation for ministry, every believer has the exact same spiritual responsibility to the Lord: seek the Truth from a qualified teacher, learn it, believe it, apply it to your life, and help others who are willing to do the same (this help is what is called ministry). This is true regardless what gift we have.

Although I think you still have quite a road in front of you, it seems to me like you do have the gift of teaching. That is a much greater responsibility than you may appreciate at the moment. Since you are a woman, you will not be a pastor-teacher, yes, but you will still be responsible for others with respect to doctrinal purity and respect for the Truth. So, while all believers ought to be striving for greater and greater sanctification in their thoughts, words, and actions, you will find that you will have even more responsibility to be exemplary in what you think, say, and do, for the sake of those believers (especially fellow women and children, but certainly not excluding men) that the Lord will bring to you to help. And the time is extremely short now.
Re: Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? by kkins25(m): 9:00am On Oct 24, 2019
missjo:

thank you madam. metatron thought kkins was not a christian and didnt know about the prophecy God gave to ezekiel which of course had nothing to do with adam. it is conspicuous that the above passage is symbolic at all levels..thanks for calling his bluff.
Re: Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? by Ihedinobi3: 9:08am On Oct 24, 2019
kkins25:

thank you madam. metatron thought kkins was not a christian and didnt know about the prophecy God gave to ezekiel which of course had nothing to do with adam. it is conspicuous that the above passage is symbolic at all levels..thanks for calling his bluff.
Since when did you become a Christian?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? by kkins25(m): 9:09am On Oct 24, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

muttleylaff, here comes someone who surpasses you in dishing out yadayada(budaatums definition of the term and not the other yada) pastors that are teaching that the first man was adam, and eve chop some apple fruit fed to her by a talking snake? my brother please what holy spirit possess you, can you give me its sigil and mobile number?? smh.. bloody pastorpreneurs.

Since when did you become a Christian?
kkins has always been loyal to the Almighty God. Praise iesus bin ioseph
Re: Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? by kkins25(m): 9:23am On Oct 24, 2019
ichuka:
Why, in God’s plan of redemption, must Christ be both God and man at the same time?
this is nothing but a formulation by mr apostle paul and his cohorts of fake prophets aka apostles. Even though paul might not have meant it literally but well its his fault christianity is what it is today.

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ by whom are all things, and we by him. 1 Corinthians 8:4-6

christ was not God but god.

Psalms 110:1
The LORD (yhwh)said to my Lord(possibly jesus), Sit you at my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool.
there is a big difference sir, btw LORD and lord.
Re: Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:41am On Oct 24, 2019
kkins25:

this is nothing but a formulation by mr apostle paul and his cohorts of fake prophets aka apostles. Even though paul might not have meant it literally but well its his fault christianity is what it is today.

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ by whom are all things, and we by him. 1 Corinthians 8:4-6

christ was not God but god.

Psalms 110:1
The LORD (yhwh)said to my Lord(possibly jesus), Sit you at my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool.
there is a big difference sir, btw LORD and lord.

Jehovah isn't Lord since there is one Lord Jesus Christ and one God the father.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Picture Of Pastor Oritsejafor's Wife Limousine / Happy 60th Birthday Dr Olukoya / VIDEO: Pastor Caught With Another Man's Wife!! Oh Nooo! (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.