Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,276 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction (19433 Views)

STAGES Of Duplex Construction / 4 Bedroom Duplex Construction: Live Photos - Less than half plot - Agege Lagos / 8 Bedroom Duplex Construction - Lakowe Golf � (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 6:03am On Nov 12, 2019
Then we started to import filling sand into this site.........

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 6:06am On Nov 12, 2019
Filling this foundation is in progress........

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by Tolzeal(m): 6:37pm On Nov 12, 2019
Oga spyder880.

I present oo. Weldone on great jobs you've been doing over years. I'm learning much reading through your threads.

2 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 8:24pm On Nov 12, 2019
Tolzeal:
Oga spyder880.

I present oo. Weldone on great jobs you've been doing over years. I'm learning much reading through your threads.

Welcome bro. We will continue to do our best to improve the building industry from where we met it. Thanks for the encouragement.

3 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by Tolzeal(m): 9:26pm On Nov 12, 2019
spyder880:

Welcome bro. We will continue to do our best to improve the building industry from where we met it. Thanks for the encouragement.

Please I have a proposal for you. If that would be okay. I'm trying to send mail with NL mailing system.

Thank you for you kind work
Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 9:52pm On Nov 12, 2019
Tolzeal:

Please I have a proposal for you. If that would be okay. I'm trying to send mail with NL mailing system.

Thank you for you kind work

You can also send it on my WhatsApp line 080 333 50 750. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 6:16pm On Nov 13, 2019
Plumbing materials arrives for this foundation.....

3 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 6:18pm On Nov 13, 2019
We have filled up the whole foundation with sand......

2 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by Umarzy(m): 6:31pm On Nov 13, 2019
spyder880:
We have filled up the whole foundation with sand......

Nice work . I have observed that Hardcore is not basically used in foundations, of which is a perequisite. Why is that?
Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 6:35pm On Nov 13, 2019
Umarzy:

Nice work . I have observed that Hardcore is not basically used in foundations, of which is a perequisite. Why is that?

Hardcore is used only where its necessary. Works like filling stations or areas where heavy use is expected must be planned to have the materials adequate for the job. In residential buildings, the most important thing is adequate compaction to prevent soil compression and sinking in the future.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by Umarzy(m): 7:17pm On Nov 13, 2019
spyder880:

Hardcore is used only where its necessary. Works like filling stations or areas where heavy use is expected must be planned to have the materials adequate for the job. In residential buildings, the most important thing is adequate compaction to prevent soil compression and sinking in the future.

Good. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 5:51pm On Nov 14, 2019
More pictures of the filled foundation........

3 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 5:54pm On Nov 14, 2019
We have brought in chippings and sand in readiness for the DPC cast of this house.......

3 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 5:57pm On Nov 14, 2019
There was some very heavy rainfall yesterday, and some of the parts of the foundation filled with laterite sand has started sinking on it's own.

4 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 5:59pm On Nov 14, 2019
Upon all the rains, the portions filled with sharp sand refused to sink in. .........

4 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by Valto(m): 7:49pm On Nov 14, 2019
spyder880:
Upon all the rains, the portions filled with sharp sand refused to sink in. .........
wow. i am learning something. welldone oga tigerken!

2 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by jp130(m): 8:03pm On Nov 14, 2019
Gud eveni sir, plz i av a question if u dnt mind. Wat is d width of d foundation or better still dimension in meters
Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 6:17am On Nov 15, 2019
jp130:
Gud eveni sir, plz i av a question if u dnt mind. Wat is d width of d foundation or better still dimension in meters

The width of the building is about 8.6 metres.

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 6:19am On Nov 15, 2019
I bough a new roll of hose, and some meters of flexible hose to be used in pouring water into this foundation today.

3 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 7:02am On Nov 16, 2019
Preparations for concrete cast of the DPC.

2 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 6:28pm On Nov 16, 2019
Soil compaction of the sand we filled in this foundation. We are doing this with a mechanised compactor.

3 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 6:30pm On Nov 16, 2019
Thereafter, we got ready for the concrete cast........

2 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 6:39pm On Nov 16, 2019
More pictures of the ready areas........

3 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by Umarzy(m): 9:49am On Nov 17, 2019
spyder880:
More pictures of the ready areas........

Sir, what about the Damp Proof Membrane (DPM)?
Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 12:09pm On Nov 17, 2019
Umarzy:

Sir, what about the Damp Proof Membrane (DPM)?

Due to the elevated nature of this foundation, damp will not be a problem here. We also used sharp filling sand and did a foundation beam. We decided to leave out the membrane.

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 12:10pm On Nov 17, 2019
More work from this site yesterday..........

3 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by Focusmind: 12:52pm On Nov 17, 2019
I didn't see iron rod criss crossing the surface before pouring the concrete mixture.

My Engineer laid a thick black nylon on the compacted sand and criss crossed the length and breath of the surface with 12mm iron before pouring the concrete mix.

Did he do the right thing as it was very expensive for me. I
Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by Umarzy(m): 12:59pm On Nov 17, 2019
spyder880:

Due to the elevated nature of this foundation, damp will not be a problem here. We also used sharp filling sand and did a foundation beam. We decided to leave out the membrane.

Okay. Thanks
Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 1:08pm On Nov 17, 2019
Focusmind:
I didn't see iron rod criss crossing the surface before pouring the concrete mixture.

My Engineer laid a thick black nylon on the compacted sand and criss crossed the length and breath of the surface with 12mm iron before pouring the concrete mix.

Did he do the right thing as it was very expensive for me. I

He must have a good reason for doing that. Maybe your environment is very different. Where's your site?

2 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 1:33pm On Nov 17, 2019
These steps are planned to descend lower than the foundation level, this will lead into the visitor's toilet which is planned to be under the main stairs.

5 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by Timtol(m): 1:33pm On Nov 17, 2019
Hmmm
Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:42pm On Nov 17, 2019
spyder880:
These steps are planned to descend lower than the foundation level, this will lead into the visitor's toilet which is planned to be under the main stairs.

Next house I build will follow the principle not bringing in too much if any soil from outside.

Good progress Sir.

I can't wait till you start laying blocks. With this design you're giving our Chief Skimanski a run for his money.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak At Ikwere Road Port Harcourt (Photos) / Properties For Sale / Fire Outbreak At Abibu Oki, Lagos Island (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.