Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction (19406 Views)

STAGES Of Duplex Construction / 4 Bedroom Duplex Construction: Live Photos - Less than half plot - Agege Lagos / 8 Bedroom Duplex Construction - Lakowe Golf � (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 5:39am On Dec 07, 2019
Lintel carpentry works

3 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 5:42am On Dec 07, 2019
Cast of the Lintel with concrete....

3 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 5:43am On Dec 07, 2019
Then we started the final block works before the decking......

3 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 5:44am On Dec 07, 2019
We need more blocks......

3 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 5:45am On Dec 07, 2019
We got more....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by Umarzy(m): 8:09pm On Dec 07, 2019
Nice

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 8:43pm On Dec 07, 2019
More pictures from this site....

3 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 6:40am On Dec 10, 2019
Pictures from the lintels and levelling of this house

3 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 6:42am On Dec 10, 2019
Front side.....

3 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 6:43am On Dec 10, 2019
Side of the house.......

3 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 6:44am On Dec 10, 2019
Inspecting from the top......

3 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 6:46am On Dec 10, 2019
The top....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 6:56am On Dec 10, 2019
We have bought the decking wood and bamboo plus all other wooden materials we need to start this decking. My carpenters start work today.

2 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:48am On Dec 10, 2019
spyder880:
Pictures from the lintels and levelling of this house

I really like this open space.

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 8:18pm On Dec 10, 2019
We started the decking today.....

3 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 8:20pm On Dec 10, 2019
And moving fast with it......

3 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 7:46am On Dec 12, 2019
Decking updates......

3 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by topsy23: 10:13am On Dec 12, 2019
Weldone boss. Love the 3-D

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 3:19pm On Dec 12, 2019
topsy23:
Weldone boss. Love the 3-D

Thank you bro. Welcome.

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 7:24pm On Dec 13, 2019
Work is ongoing here.........

3 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by zamirikpo(m): 12:43pm On Dec 14, 2019
nice work, nothing short of what I expected, boss I have two questions

1. I always see people start their decking two blocks after the lintel , even for bungalows ,u see roofing two blocks after lintel. is this a standard, would an extra one or two block couch be wrong.

2. during ur foundation filling, why did u use sharp sand for some areas, am sure its more expensive.....is their a peculiar reason.

thank u...boss.
Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 5:31pm On Dec 14, 2019
We are still working on this decking platform.......

2 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 11:29pm On Dec 14, 2019
zamirikpo:
nice work, nothing short of what I expected, boss I have two questions

1. I always see people start their decking two blocks after the lintel , even for bungalows ,u see roofing two blocks after lintel. is this a standard, would an extra one or two block couch be wrong.

2. during ur foundation filling, why did u use sharp sand for some areas, am sure its more expensive.....is their a peculiar reason.

thank u...boss.

1. Two blocks seems to be the standard, going by most building plans that puts room heights at about 3 metres. It is not wrong however to add to the room height by adding blocks to walls, but let it be planned from the start.

2. Sharp sand filling is a better option because of the coarse nature of sharp sands, it doesn't seem to sink in deeper like laterite. Sharp sand cost me about N330,000 on filling sand alone.

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by mufutau55(m): 5:11am On Dec 15, 2019
spyder880:

1. Two blocks seems to be the standard, going by most building plans that puts room heights at about 3 metres. It is not wrong however to add to the room height by adding blocks to walls, but let it be planned from the start.

Agreed with you as in my last build, I told the builder to add one more course to make it 3 and 1 extra as beam for decking. He gave me so much excuse about the standard being too high... but I told him I want a custom build because I am almost 7ft tall and after the POP, I don't want a low ceiling where I cannot extend my hands upward.. so he has to agree with me and the last floor also had 3 courses added.
So, customized is difference from standard based who will live in the house...

Hajji M

2 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by Timtol(m): 5:22am On Dec 15, 2019
mufutau55:

Agreed with you as in my last build, I told the builder to add one more course to make it 3 and 1 extra as beam for decking. He gave me so mucg excuse about the standard being too high... but I told him I want a custom build because I am almost 7ft tall and after the POP, I don't want a low ceiling where I cannot extend my hands upward.. so he has to agree with me and the last floor also had 3 courses added.

Hajji M
We are all used to 3m-3.15m headroom for residential building, but as things stands now designs and ideas are overtaken which isn't bad but makes things better.
10coaches from the oversite concrete appeals for higher doors and 7-8coaches for windows, longer windows looks very nice(aesthetically).
3 coaches after lintel looks cool.
From my desk I list 4 major things as advantages of high headroom to others it might not be totally agreed.

1. Gives the room a sense of been big and spacious
2. Enough space for pop designs as clients desires
3. Circulation of air(air flow and air movement) is better with high headroom, taken an auditorium or a shopping mall as sample.
4. Air conditioning installation.

I think an idea is been added.
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by mufutau55(m): 5:27am On Dec 15, 2019
Timtol:

We are all used to 3m-3.15m headroom for residential building, but as things stands now designs and ideas are overtaken which isn't bad but makes things better.
10coaches from the oversite concrete appeals for higher doors and 7-8coaches for windows, longer windows looks very nice(aesthetically).
3 coaches after lintel looks cool.
From my desk I list 4 major things as advantages of high headroom to others it might not be totally agreed.

1. Gives the room a sense of been big and spacious
2. Enough space for pop designs as clients desires
3. Circulation of air(air flow and air movement) is better with high headroom, taken an auditorium or a shopping mall as sample.
4. Air conditioning installation.

I think an idea is been added.
Thanks

You are in the right direction my Boss.
If you are as tall as I am, then you will agree that high headroom is necessary. No need to settle for less if this is the house you will live... no need regretting later o.
Thank you.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by zamirikpo(m): 6:38am On Dec 15, 2019
spyder880:

2. Sharp sand filling is a better option because of the coarse nature of sharp sands, it doesn't seem to sink in deeper like laterite. Sharp sand cost me about N330,000 on filling sand alone.

Thank u boss .....i am really a fan of high ceiling cos it truly makes the room look big and different. The question now getting the right height.

But when u say it has to be planned from the start, is their a reason..
Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by zamirikpo(m): 6:45am On Dec 15, 2019
mufutau55:

Agreed with you as in my last build, I told the builder to add one more course to make it 3 and 1 extra as beam for decking. He gave me so mucg excuse about the standard being too high... but I told him I want a custom build because I am almost 7ft tall and after the POP, I don't want a low ceiling where I cannot extend my hands upward.. so he has to agree with me and the last floor also had 3 courses added.

Hajji M

Back in the day when we lived in the north (sokoto). We had very high ceiling, and long windows....maybe because of the heat. Even the building should look a bit bigger from outside with 3/4 couches after lintel.

My wahala is between 3 - 4 blocks after lintel.

Would it have any effect on the strengtg/structure of a duplex.
Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 7:15am On Dec 15, 2019
zamirikpo:

Thank u boss .....i am really a fan of high ceiling cos it truly makes the room look big and different. The question now getting the right height.

But when u say it has to be planned from the start, is their a reason..

Yes there are reasons,

1. The first reason is to plan the load capacity of the foundation to include the additional weight of two or more lines of blocks, (plus concrete) which might not have been planned by the structural engineers but might now be included during construction.

2. The second reason is to plan for the length of the reinforcement rods that will be used, the rods will be cut and placed in the columns with a plan to provide for the extra height, making sure the required lap length (about 1 meter) is showing above the decking.

3. The third reason is to plan these two possible additions into the budget of the house, many times, the client might look at the building during construction and ask, "why not increase the head room"? But it wasn't planned from the start, and not included in the building plans, so not included when the builder is costing the house.

4. Some smart building regulators might notice the increase in head room and start asking why, and asking to see the approved building plans and why there is a variation from plan. But this is rare as Nigerian regulators are either not so careful or too interested in the money side of things to notice these.

Happy weekend everyone.

3 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 7:18am On Dec 15, 2019
zamirikpo:

Back in the day when we lived in the north (sokoto). We had very high ceiling, and long windows....maybe because of the heat. Even the building should look a bit bigger from outside with 3/4 couches after lintel.

My wahala is between 3 - 4 blocks after lintel.

Would it have any effect on the strengtg/structure of a duplex.

I don't think it will have any major effects if your foundation is done according to standards. But in places where the soil is not very stable and prone to sinking, or serious differential settlement, it will be good to notify the structural planners so they do something about the extra weight, modify the foundation footings to ensure it can accommodate the added weight.

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 7:28am On Dec 15, 2019
mufutau55:

Hajji M

I like your early warning to the builders and how it was planned before they start. There was a building I was constructing, the owner called me and asked for block increase when I have even finished with the lintels reinforcement, we were doing lintels carpentry before they decided we should add a 10th block before the lintel, we now had to start lifting all the rods before adding blocks, before we could continue.

There was a lot of delays, and the lap length of the top floor was not enough.

Welcome Baba, you are a blessing to us in the property section.

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 7:29am On Dec 15, 2019
Still doing the wood works.......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Construction Work In Progress,two Detached Buildings On A Plot@journalist Estate / Fire Outbreak At Ikwere Road Port Harcourt (Photos) / Fire Outbreak At Abibu Oki, Lagos Island (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.