Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,848 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction (19403 Views)

STAGES Of Duplex Construction / 4 Bedroom Duplex Construction: Live Photos - Less than half plot - Agege Lagos / 8 Bedroom Duplex Construction - Lakowe Golf � (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 7:31am On Dec 15, 2019
More wood and bamboo bought yesterday.......

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by Timtol(m): 7:32am On Dec 15, 2019
spyder880:

I like your early warning to the builders and how it was planned before they start. There was a building I was constructing, the owner called me and asked for block increase when I have even finished with the lintels reinforcement, we were doing lintels carpentry before they decided we should add a 10th block before the lintel, we now had to start lifting all the rods before adding blocks, before we could continue.

There was a lot of delays, and the lap length of the top floor was not enough.

Welcome Baba, you are a blessing to us in the property section.
A way out 10coaches to lintel and 3 after lintel.

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by Timtol(m): 7:33am On Dec 15, 2019
spyder880:
Still doing the wood works.......
What's your ring spacing brother?
grin
Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 7:47am On Dec 15, 2019
Timtol:

What's your ring spacing brother?
grin

200mm for beams

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 7:51am On Dec 15, 2019
The top of the deck......

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 7:58am On Dec 15, 2019
Buying reinforcement rods ......

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by Timtol(m): 8:03am On Dec 15, 2019
spyder880:

200mm for beams
Column I mean tho...it's ok
Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 8:04am On Dec 15, 2019
More from the top....

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 8:10am On Dec 15, 2019
Internal beam positions......

3 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 8:13am On Dec 15, 2019
Staircase area........

2 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 8:17am On Dec 15, 2019
From the Outside

2 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by Timtol(m): 8:21am On Dec 15, 2019
spyder880:
Internal beam positions......
Lovely!

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by TestimoneyTesti: 9:14am On Dec 15, 2019
Fenced land available for sale

Amount: 5m
Call: 08088779613

Amount: 2m

Amount: 3.5m

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:49am On Dec 15, 2019
mufutau55:

Agreed with you as in my last build, I told the builder to add one more course to make it 3 and 1 extra as beam for decking. He gave me so mucg excuse about the standard being too high... but I told him I want a custom build because I am almost 7ft tall and after the POP, I don't want a low ceiling where I cannot extend my hands upward.. so he has to agree with me and the last floor also had 3 courses added.
So, customized is difference from standard based who will live in the house...

Hajji M

Well done Sir.

I always remind folks during their build that all the "professionals" will be gone at the end of the project and he'll have to live in the house not them. Design your house for your usage.

5 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:52am On Dec 15, 2019
Timtol:

We are all used to 3m-3.15m headroom for residential building, but as things stands now designs and ideas are overtaken which isn't bad but makes things better.
10coaches from the oversite concrete appeals for higher doors and 7-8coaches for windows, longer windows looks very nice(aesthetically).
3 coaches after lintel looks cool.
From my desk I list 4 major things as advantages of high headroom to others it might not be totally agreed.

1. Gives the room a sense of been big and spacious
2. Enough space for pop designs as clients desires
3. Circulation of air(air flow and air movement) is better with high headroom, taken an auditorium or a shopping mall as sample.
4. Air conditioning installation.

I think an idea is been added.
Thanks

Also, though, one should be mindful of unnecessarily high roof. It may lead to wastage in terms of cooling and heating when it's not really needed. Hajj, at almost 7 feet needs high roof and non standard bed and mattress.

4 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:06am On Dec 15, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

Also, though, one should be mindful of unnecessarily high roof. It may lead to wastage in terms of cooling and heating when it's not really needed. Hajj, at almost 7 feet needs high roof and non standard bed and mattress.

Same here I don’t like all those “send down the rain roof” as they called it: it’s a waste of money.
But if client want it who is me to say NO.

To carry out repair in future will be a great problem for such roof.

3 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by Timtol(m): 10:12am On Dec 15, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

Lol
True! grin
Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by mufutau55(m): 5:04pm On Dec 15, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

Well done Sir.
I always remind folks during their build that all the "professionals" will be gone at the end of the project and he'll have to live in the house not them. Design your house for your usage.

Exactly Sir. Thank you.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by mufutau55(m): 5:09pm On Dec 15, 2019
spyder880:

I like your early warning to the builders and how it was planned before they start. There was a building I was constructing, the owner called me and asked for block increase when I have even finished with the lintels reinforcement, we were doing lintels carpentry before they decided we should add a 10th block before the lintel, we now had to start lifting all the rods before adding blocks, before we could continue.

There was a lot of delays, and the lap length of the top floor was not enough.

Welcome Baba, you are a blessing to us in the property section.

Thank you Boss. Yes, one must plan ahead so the irons for the pillars will also be cut to extend upward.
In your case above, truly all the adjustments will surely delay the work. Thanks for your usual education Sir.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by mufutau55(m): 5:15pm On Dec 15, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

I have never liked high roof. They claimed it makes the house look bigger from outside, I don't care about that, as long as the house is big inside.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by mufutau55(m): 5:17pm On Dec 15, 2019
rotecch77:

Same here I don’t like all those “send down the rain roof” as they called it: it’s a waste of money.
But if client want it who is me to say NO.

To carry out repair in future will be a great problem for such roof.

Truly speaking... but Yes, the customer is always right.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 10:52am On Dec 17, 2019
We will start electrical and plumbing equipment fittings in this decking slab today.

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by obynocute(m): 1:55pm On Dec 17, 2019
Oga spyder abeg, I nid ur professional advice, I went to a site, and I saw there block work is 10 numbers instead of 9 before lintel, is it advisable.,and do we have door of such height? Thanks boss.
Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 3:32pm On Dec 17, 2019
obynocute:
Oga spyder abeg, I nid ur professional advice, I went to a site, and I saw there block work is 10 numbers instead of 9 before lintel, is it advisable.,and do we have door of such height? Thanks boss.

We have door heights of 10 blocks high. Both imported and local.

2 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by obynocute(m): 7:16pm On Dec 17, 2019
spyder880:

We have door heights of 10 blocks high. Both imported and local.
Owk, thanx boss.
Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 7:18am On Dec 19, 2019
Buying and moving electrical and plumbing equipment for this slab to this site.......

3 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 7:24am On Dec 19, 2019
We have laid the decking mat for this slab........

2 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 7:28am On Dec 19, 2019
Our decking mat here

2 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 7:31am On Dec 19, 2019
Double matting, horsebench, .......

2 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 7:34am On Dec 19, 2019
More

2 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 7:38am On Dec 19, 2019
More reinforcement details.........

2 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 7:41am On Dec 19, 2019
Internal beam positions.......

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Construction Work In Progress,two Detached Buildings On A Plot@journalist Estate / Fire Outbreak At Ikwere Road Port Harcourt (Photos) / Fire Outbreak At Abibu Oki, Lagos Island (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.