Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,551 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

What Made You Pick Interest In Programming - Programming (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Made You Pick Interest In Programming (73785 Views)

Do Certificates Matter In Programming / If You Are To Advice Between Python And Java, Which Would You Pick? / Differences Between Testing And Debugging In Programming Of Software Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Maskyy(m): 10:41pm On Mar 02, 2020
hairbyuj:
Can we have a group of developers to come together and let starts up something.

Like a firm n decide on what services to render and be sef employed.

If it a good idea. Let relate on WhatsApp

Check my signature
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Maskyy(m): 10:44pm On Mar 02, 2020
Theflint1:
Hello, what sites can I get code templates?

Check that online. There are lots of free templates for different purposes and use.
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by abimijul1: 7:51am On Mar 15, 2020
Starrygold Comprehensive and Affordable WEB DESIGN VIDEO TRAINING!!

Take advantage of Starrygold video training to develop your long awaited Passion for Web development. For more info on the web design training package and how to place your order, kindly contact me on 08062761209 or send me a text on WhatsApp.

You can also register on our platform with this link:  http://starrygoldacademy.com/app/website%20design/?ref=ebenezer

Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Brayss(m): 11:11pm On Mar 16, 2020
philip0906:

1. Visit learnpython dot org and start with the basics--- start with HTML, CSS & bootstrap then move to Python and Ruby. You can also checkout freecodecamp dot org.

2. Use Youtube tutorials for visuals; Search for "learn python/HTML/CSS full course for beginners" any of the languages you want to learn...You can also check out & subscribe to Freecodecamp youtube channel

3. Sign up on meetup dot com...And select your city of residence. You will join over 5,000 Nigerians who are learning how to code with different bootcamps and learning events organised throughout the year.

4. Immerse yourself in this daily for 8 months...Then apply for Andela's learner or volunteer programs next year April/May

5. If you don't get the opportunity to join Andela, there will be other doors that will open for you (One of the pros of been a programmer)

6. Give yourself this time next year, you will be a self taught programming guru (You need atleast 11 months of intense self learning to be ready to take on very tasking jobs)

7. You will be spoilt for choice of jobs, no matter how little for a start (freelance, remote, contract or salary)...That's a guarantee

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by teepain: 5:42pm On Mar 18, 2020
mikezuruki:

Nothing is impossible. I have gone as far as meeting great programmers, Data Scientists, and Machine Learning experts. it's doable

It is doable. You may crack it faster if you can identify the random number generator they use.
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 19, 2020
teepain:

It is doable. You may crack it faster if you can identify the random number generator they use.

You’re very correct man
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by saraevana243: 6:16am On Mar 21, 2020
Please Check These Out To Get Best Whatsapp Group [url]https://whatsppgrouplinks..com/">Youtube sub4sub Whatsapp Group Link[/url]
https://whatsppgrouplinks..com/
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by yemitexcel(m): 7:42am On Mar 21, 2020
Theflint1:
Hello, what sites can I get code templates?
Please can I ask you some questions, I will be glad if I can get your details.. Thanks
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Theflint1(m): 8:45am On Mar 21, 2020
yemitexcel:

Please can I ask you some questions, I will be glad if I can get your details.. Thanks

A link to my WhatsApp is on my profile.
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by bammy2050(m): 12:41am On Apr 05, 2020
Get any UDEMY course you want directly to your drive(cloud storage like Google drive,one drive, and mega) for 1K per course. This would have been nicely extracted and available for offline consumption.

You can also download it to your laptop or phone or even watch directly from your drive online.

If interested, add me up on whatsapp: zero seven zero eight five three one six two seven three

1 Like

Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by McAustin92(m): 4:09am On Apr 05, 2020
Guys can we connect and have a whatsapp group, or any programmer around Ekiti here should kindly signify, so we can relate and reason together.. My digit is 07062955738
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 07, 2020
[quote author=philip0906 post=83083167]
1. Visit learnpython dot org and start with the basics--- start with HTML, CSS & bootstrap then move to Python and Ruby. You can also checkout freecodecamp dot org.

2. Use Youtube tutorials for visuals; Search for "learn python/HTML/CSS full course for beginners" any of the languages you want to learn...You can also check out & subscribe to Freecodecamp youtube channel

3. Sign up on meetup dot com...And select your city of residence. You will join over 5,000 Nigerians who are learning how to code with different bootcamps and learning events organised throughout the year.

4. Immerse yourself in this daily for 8 months...Then apply for Andela's learner or volunteer programs next year April/May

5. If you don't get the opportunity to join Andela, there will be other doors that will open for you (One of the pros of been a programmer)

6. Give yourself this time next year, you will be a self taught programming guru (You need atleast 11 months of intense self le
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by spyglaxx: 10:10am On Apr 08, 2020
McAustin92:
Guys can we connect and have a whatsapp group, or any programmer around Ekiti here should kindly signify, so we can relate and reason together.. My digit is 07062955738

Where are you in you in Ekiti?
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by McAustin92(m): 10:34am On Apr 08, 2020
spyglaxx:

Where are you in you in Ekiti?

Ado Ekiti, what about you bruu
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by spyglaxx: 4:56am On Apr 09, 2020
McAustin92:

Ado Ekiti, what about you bruu

We will connect after this lock down. Ilawe side.
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by donnhahalong: 6:37am On Apr 09, 2020
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Anonime1105(m): 4:14pm On Apr 09, 2020
[quote ]Everyone wants to handle a section or service on the web. that's cool. the web is damn wide for all to get a space.

I am a web guy from the web development section and frontend practically and backend for security. (Lover of React and nextJs)... NO EGO(just me).
I have been following this thread to this point... I love it. if you are a beginner and confuse, worry less it is normal cus there is a lot of info, lang, framework/library online. so its confusion already. I am a learner too, every web personnel out there is forever learner. its a thing of mental disturbance sometimes(quoted a poster from the comments here)...lol grin
have explained this on some thread but will do it again here.

I will focus on web development.
Web development is of two sections primarily;
FrontEnd Developer
BackEnd Developer

1. FrontEnd Dev.
This is the beginning of the web and mostly a Web developer (not primarily the start of web cus you need to understand how the web wotk e.g HTTP, www... etc). but not everyone wants to be a frontEnd dev. but there is a need to have little knowledge of how things run in this section (e.g like Html, basic CSS).
now what a Frontend dev must know as a beginner
1. HTML
2. CSS
3. Javascript
4. Control version (am a fan of Github)....... this is very important for both frontend and backend dev. I have a detailed Ebook on GitHub as a CV.
There is bootstrap but forget it until you are good with CSS.
Graphics design knowledge is an advantage but not a must.

best resource. (ebook and online) I love so far.
https://javascript.info/
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/Getting_started_with_the_web (after reading the whole page, click Installing basic software and move on reading).
https://w3schools.com

after learning intensively the beginner lists I made. its time to choose a Javascript framework/library (it's for frontend ).

Have you heard that the framework is the machine? Framework/library makes it easier to develop a web app by writing pieces of code and link them together to make one powerful app. not compulsory to build all projects with framework or library E.g calculator, converter, static page. But building them with frame/library increases your confidence in it.

Frontend dev has their js framework and library used for UI rendering just as backend as theirs.

The popular ones are; don't mind the order of the list
1. Angular. (framework)
2. Reactjs (library) (nextJs and likes of others for server rendering--- still a frontend tool use with reactjs )
3. Vuejs (library)
......others not mention.

2. Backend Developers
The backend dev deals with logic, dynamic, security (frontend also deals with this when they work with js framework/library).
They know little of the frontend and have tools for interacting with UI and logics at the back.

Framework and Languages for backend respectively. --(framework are in bracket and lang with no bracket except ASP.NET with its lang. inside bracket).
laravel is the framework(PHP)
Django(python)
Express (Node.js/JavaScript)
ASP.NET (supported .NET language (C#, Visual Basic, etc.))
Flask (Python)
Ruby on Rails (Ruby)
Mojolicious (Perl)
Spring Boot (Java)

.... first 4 on the list are worth it. check this https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/Server-side/First_steps/Web_frameworks to know factors to consider before choosing a framework.
.....................................................................................................
Control version (eg Github) is very important for all programmers.

for well comprehensive and practicing ebook and videos on FrontEnd and BackEnd Dev, beep me. check my signATURE to reach me. hope I make someone smile with career direction now in web dev.

there are some tools I don't mention, I don't want to derails you from your basic learning but as you learn you will know e.g Codepen(just like your note-keeper on fone).
Get a LinkedIn account and showcase your project when its time. you will know the time yourself.

yah.. if you have both dev section skill. GBAM.. you are a full stack developer (need to know some packages which I did not mention but trust me, on your way of learning the skill, you will surely meet them and forcefully learn them. grin, the guy that said is mental stuff will now understand the definition of that mental stress.... this happens only at the beginning).

cool HAPPy coding

[/quote]
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Maskyy(m): 10:46pm On Apr 09, 2020
Maskyy:
Everyone wants to handle a section or service on the web. that's cool. the web is damn wide for all to get a space.

I am a web guy from the web development section and frontend practically and backend for security. (Lover of React and nextJs)... NO EGO(just me).
I have been following this thread to this point... I love it. if you are a beginner and confuse, worry less it is normal cus there is a lot of info, lang, framework/library online. so its confusion already. I am a learner too, every web personnel out there is forever learner. its a thing of mental disturbance sometimes(quoted a poster from the comments here)...lol grin
have explained this on some thread but will do it again here.

I will focus on web development.
Web development is of two sections primarily;
FrontEnd Developer
BackEnd Developer

1. FrontEnd Dev.
This is the beginning of the web and mostly a Web developer (not primarily the start of web cus you need to understand how the web wotk e.g HTTP, www... etc). but not everyone wants to be a frontEnd dev. but there is a need to have little knowledge of how things run in this section (e.g like Html, basic CSS).
now what a Frontend dev must know as a beginner
1. HTML
2. CSS
3. Javascript
4. Control version (am a fan of Github)....... this is very important for both frontend and backend dev. I have a detailed Ebook on GitHub as a CV.
There is bootstrap but forget it until you are good with CSS.
Graphics design knowledge is an advantage but not a must.

best resource. (ebook and online) I love so far.
https://javascript.info/
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/Getting_started_with_the_web (after reading the whole page, click Installing basic software and move on reading).
https://w3schools.com

after learning intensively the beginner lists I made. its time to choose a Javascript framework/library (it's for frontend ).

Have you heard that the framework is the machine? Framework/library makes it easier to develop a web app by writing pieces of code and link them together to make one powerful app. not compulsory to build all projects with framework or library E.g calculator, converter, static page. But building them with frame/library increases your confidence in it.

Frontend dev has their js framework and library used for UI rendering just as backend as theirs.

The popular ones are; don't mind the order of the list
1. Angular. (framework)
2. Reactjs (library) (nextJs and likes of others for server rendering--- still a frontend tool use with reactjs )
3. Vuejs (library)
......others not mention.

2. Backend Developers
The backend dev deals with logic, dynamic, security (frontend also deals with this when they work with js framework/library).
They know little of the frontend and have tools for interacting with UI and logics at the back.

Framework and Languages for backend respectively. --(framework are in bracket and lang with no bracket except ASP.NET with its lang. inside bracket).
laravel is the framework(PHP)
Django(python)
Express (Node.js/JavaScript)
ASP.NET (supported .NET language (C#, Visual Basic, etc.))
Flask (Python)
Ruby on Rails (Ruby)
Mojolicious (Perl)
Spring Boot (Java)

.... first 4 on the list are worth it. check this https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/Server-side/First_steps/Web_frameworks to know factors to consider before choosing a framework.
.....................................................................................................
Control version (eg Github) is very important for all programmers.

for well comprehensive and practicing ebook and videos on FrontEnd and BackEnd Dev, beep me. check my signATURE to reach me. hope I make someone smile with career direction now in web dev.

there are some tools I don't mention, I don't want to derails you from your basic learning but as you learn you will know e.g Codepen(just like your note-keeper on fone).
Get a LinkedIn account and showcase your project when its time. you will know the time yourself.

yah.. if you have both dev section skill. GBAM.. you are a full stack developer (need to know some packages which I did not mention but trust me, on your way of learning the skill, you will surely meet them and forcefully learn them. grin, the guy that said is mental stuff will now understand the definition of that mental stress.... this happens only at the beginning).

cool HAPPy coding

You want to be a programmer, developer, data scientists, designer and mobile dev eith full guide and motoring with tasks.

Codefans is helping a budding techie person Like you. Join their community and get train at no cost.

Fill this form to get started

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/18cWuMdfV2fZ7ERJHRkwzpAmqaAwA-_W5R4cpE0zGeFw/edit?usp=drivesdk
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Nobody: 7:36pm On Apr 10, 2020
Savotech:
I am an embedded systems programmer i.e I write programs for electronics hardware for domestic and industrial control systems. I gained interest in programming out of passion to solve problems that cant be solved using a discrete integrated circuit. Programming is used to add high level intelligence to hardware system.

Boss man ,what did you study in the university to work in this aspect of tech, elect elect ? Systems engineering ?? Thank you as I await your reply
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Mikefrosh: 8:26am On Apr 11, 2020
FREE TRAINING FOR EVERYONE!!!
✔Do you want N5000 every day!
✔Do you want to work from Home?
The fact is you can.
You've been blinded to the fact that you can earn from home, but the truth is if you learn how its done, and you try, you'll see results.
�So join my Free training where I'll teach you how to earn N5000 daily without leaving your house.
�Sign up now!!
�Click www.onlinehustle.gr8.com
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Jheimz: 3:39pm On Apr 11, 2020
We're the best programmers.
We develop the best Website and mobile apps.

At very affordable rate?
www.exelsor.com
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Jheimz: 3:45pm On Apr 11, 2020
Need a website or mobile app at very affordable rate?
www.exelsor.com
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by KingAzubuike(f): 10:58pm On Apr 27, 2020
everybody claiming programmer until dem say

write a python or javascript code to determine if a number is a prime number then you will see them giving excuses

you will hear something like this

i am just starting, i am just learning grin grin grin
I've not gone far, I'm still learning the basics grin

1 Like

Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by DriggityDre: 9:01pm On Apr 30, 2020
Penetrative testing..... ethical
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Austinbass12(m): 8:49pm On May 05, 2020
please can anybody tell me a good but easy language to learn as a beginner, though I already have python in mind but I don't know how easy it can be as a beginner.
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by DriggityDre: 9:33pm On May 05, 2020
Austinbass12:
please can anybody tell me a good but easy language to learn as a beginner, though I already have python in mind but I don't know how easy it can be as a beginner.
Just start from the basics. What do you intend to focus on?
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Austinbass12(m): 7:00am On May 06, 2020
DriggityDre:
Just start from the basics. What do you intend to focus on?
i intend to focus on web application.
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by DriggityDre: 2:07pm On May 06, 2020
Austinbass12:

i intend to focus on web application.
I believe you can start with JavaScript and CSS; but the Internet will advise you more. Just go and do some research.
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Austinbass12(m): 2:21pm On May 06, 2020
DriggityDre:

I believe you can start with JavaScript and CSS; but the Internet will advise you more. Just go and do some research.
okay, thank you very much
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Nobody: 11:05am On May 10, 2020
Slawormir:
I be like programming o
Na im make me chose computer science

But when Uniben subject us to old programming language like Pascal and Fortran ehnnnnn
I swear i nor like that course again
LMAO i understand dat feeling bro.I schooled at UNIBEN guy FORTRAN na 1 of d most dreaded 200lv course 4 CHEMISTRY DEPT.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java / Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually / Dear Programmer In Nigeria: How Much Is Your Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.