Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,340 members, 7,822,611 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Why Do Men Cheat? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Men Cheat? (789 Views)

Why Do Men Cheat??? / Which African Men Cheat The Most? / Now I Have Seen The Reason Some Married Men Cheat On Their Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Men Cheat? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 07, 2010
so many have asked this, i even ask myself over and over again. u hook up with the man of ur dreams,everything seems so perfect until one day, u discover that 'mr right' or 'mr perfect' realy isnt what he says he is. I used to date this guy,tall,handsome and realy nice. He even called me angel or wifey.I took dat as a sign dat he luvd me but it turned out dat he's bin saying dat 2 half d gals on ma street. I broke up with him bt dat hasnt stopped me 4rm wondering why he cheated.
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 07, 2010
Were u also 100% faithful?
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 07, 2010
i didnt cheat,nt realy. or does fantasizing bout other men count as cheating?
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Coolabbie: 4:20pm On Nov 07, 2010
mi xpressive:

in a way it does. U were subtly cheating on him.
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Dyt(f): 4:21pm On Nov 07, 2010
Y ask a rhetorical question
its dere nature na
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by onstelly(f): 4:24pm On Nov 07, 2010
It's in their blood to cheat.
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Coolabbie: 4:27pm On Nov 07, 2010
onstelly:

It's in their blood to cheat.
exactly. dere is no 2 ways about it.
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by sammyart: 4:30pm On Nov 07, 2010
I guess men cheat because they are genetically programmed to, Those who dont cheat are mutants!
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by CrazyMan(m): 4:48pm On Nov 07, 2010
They cheat because the feel that their girl is also cheating.

Also men cheat because their girls don’t take them seriously. A typical example is this.

You meet a girl, ask her out, she accepts and you begin dating. Now what gets most guys pissed off is the withdrawal approach most girls begin to display after the poor guy must have dedicated his whole life to that relationships (I.e flashing instead of calling, sending call me back sms, requesting for money and many other childish attitudes that portrays lack of commitment to that relationship).

Most guys in this situation prefer to seek comfort in the arms of other girls rather than the one which the claim to love.

That’s why most guys cheat.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by afribeauty(f): 4:54pm On Nov 07, 2010
Give men bush,dey ll stil ask 4 bush-sheat. dey always cheat,their nature dey say.
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 07, 2010
mi xpressive:

yea can make a guy jealous&do cr.a.zy things
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Yorisb: 7:08pm On Nov 07, 2010
@OP

Why do women cheat?
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by onstelly(f): 7:13pm On Nov 07, 2010
Yorisb:

@OP

Why do women cheat?

Ans d question first before asking ur own.
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Yorisb: 7:20pm On Nov 07, 2010
onstelly:

Ans d question first before asking your own.

I knew u would quote me and u didn't disappoint me. cheesy

If I catch u eh!! tongue
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 07, 2010
women rarely cheat n if they do its either d guy isnt doing his duty by them or to get back @ him wen they find out he's cheatin on r. otherwise women dnt. they r more faithfl and commitd wen it comes 2 matas of d heart
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by slex(m): 8:21pm On Nov 07, 2010
mi xpressive:

women rarely cheat n if they do its either d guy isnt doing his duty by them or to get back @ him wen they find out he's cheatin on r. otherwise women dnt. they r more faithfl and commitd wen it comes 2 matas of d heart

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
SO UNTRUE
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Yorisb: 8:24pm On Nov 07, 2010
mi xpressive:

So now female cheats are permissible while males aren't given the hokum-pokum u spewed above? Why women tend to play ''THE SAINTS'' often is beyond me. Another male bashing thread huh? All men are CHEATS whilst women are HOLY-GHOSTS. Yea right, u could have fooled me! *smh* angry
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by slex(m): 8:26pm On Nov 07, 2010
Yorisb:

So now female cheats are permissible while males aren't given the hokum-pokum u spewed above? Why women tend to play ''THE SAINTS'' often is beyond me. Another male bashing thread huh? All men are CHEATS whilst women are HOLY-GHOSTS. Yea right, u could have fooled me! *smh* angry

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

hahah grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Dsense(m): 10:14pm On Nov 07, 2010
mi xpressive:

so many have asked this, i even ask myself over and over again. u hook up with the man of your dreams,everything seems so perfect until one day, u discover that 'mr right' or 'mr perfect' realy isnt what he says he is. I used to date this guy,tall,handsome and realy nice. He even called me angel or wifey.I took dat as a sign dat he luvd me but it turned out dat he's bin saying dat 2 half d gals on ma street. I broke up with him bt dat hasnt stopped me 4rm wondering why he cheated.
Keep wondering undecided
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by MrCork26: 1:07pm On Nov 08, 2010
I dont have a girl , so i dont cheat! angry
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by kay177(m): 1:57pm On Nov 08, 2010
BECAUSE RESEARCH SHOWS THAT WOMEN TEND TO FALL IN LOVE FOR GUYS THAT LIE TO THEM ABOUT HIS SOCIAL STATUS, MARITAL STATUS, AND ALL OTHER SOCIAL FACTORS THAT DEFINE HIS LEVEL IN THE SOCIETY,
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by mediatrix8(f): 2:19pm On Nov 08, 2010
So, are cheaters born cheaters, or do certain situations cause people to cheat? Probably a little bit of both. Here are some situations that make people cheat:

1. Bored
I'd say this is the most common reason that people cheat.It's tough to keep that edge throughout a relationship. Things start off grand and then level off and then you both realize that it's still real life. When you meet someone else, that inaugural excitement of a new relationship kicks back in.

2. Dependence
At first glance, cheating seems like independent behavior. It could be interpreted as doing what you want, when you want. But I would argue that cheating is a dependent behavior. A cheater is dependent because they are not strong enough to break up with their significant other in order to get with the new person.

3. Confusion
Sometimes life or a particular situation can get to you. When the perfect storm of confusion is going on in your head, you make mistakes.

4. Because They Let You
If any girl /boy ever cheated on you, U'd break up with her/him immediately. Forgiving a cheater is putting up with it, and starts a vicious cycle. That person who cheated may lose respect for you and might continue to cheat-because they know they can get away with it, because you'll continue to take them back.

5. Nurturing
If someone is mistreating you, then your first instinct is to get away from him or her. But sometimes it's not that simple-maybe you are raising kids together. If you feel trapped in a bad relationship, it's only natural that you will run to the open arms of a person who treats you well.

6. Revenge
This is quite simple- an eye for an eye. Cheat on them if they cheat on you. If they continuously hurt you or abuse you in some way, you do it to get them back.

7. Confirmation of Attractiveness
Sometimes when you're in a long relationship, or if your significant other is taking you for granted, you begin to wonder if you're still attractive. Perhaps, because you were out on the dating circuit, you felt more attractive when you were single. If you have an affair, you've proven that a new person can be attracted to you.

8. The Thrill
Some people just enjoy the thrill of cheating: running around secretly, risking getting caught, andcreating thrilling moments with a forbidden romance.

9. They Don't Consider It Cheating, Even Though You Might
Relationships have that grey area, usually right before you become exclusive. He thinks date #4 is when you're "together," and you think date #2 is when you're "together." If you haven't talked about exclusivity, someone may think they are well within their rights to see other people, even though the other person in the relationship may not.

I don't understand why people don't break up as soon as they have an urge to cheat. Is it natural to have temptation, or is temptation a sign that the relationship is losing its fire? What reasons would you add to this list, and do you disagree with any? If you've ever cheated, why did you do it? Could you forgive a cheater? If you are single, but seeing a person who is in a committed relationship, does that make you a cheater?
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by MrCork26: 2:21pm On Nov 08, 2010
I agree. They dont giv us enough punnny on demand.

Demand dont meat supply: (McDOnalds Economic Theory: 1972, Volume 6, page 9)
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Yorisb: 2:49pm On Nov 08, 2010
LWKMD!!^^^^ cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by johnterry4: 3:37pm On Nov 08, 2010
Mr~Cork:

POST OF THE YEAR  grin   grin   grin   grin

SERIOUSLY, I ASKED MYSELF THIS SAME QUESTION ON SATURDAY.A MARRIED FRIEND OF MINE CAME TO MY HOUSE WITH A GIRL TO SLEEP WITH.I OBJECTED TO THAT COS I STRONGLY HATE CHEATING ESP WHEN U ARE MARRIED.THE WHOLE INCIDENT GOT ME THINKING.I ASKED MY GUY FOR HIS REASON FOR CHEATING.HE TOLD ME HIS WIFE (OF 15 MONTHS) `S PUNANIE IS  LONGER TIGHT BESIDES HE IS TIRED OF THE SAME THING.POSTER,THIS IS MY FRIEND`S REASON FOR CHEATING.
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Creamish(f): 4:45pm On Nov 08, 2010
Mr~Cork:

lolz . . still fresh in ur memory ehn? prolly ur project topic grin
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 08, 2010
Mr~Cork:

I dont have a girl , so i dont cheat! angry

We know you have got 190 and mobo so do you need girls fore
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 08, 2010
Mr~Cork:

I dont have a girl    , so i dont cheat! angry

We know you have got 190 and mobo so do you need girls for
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 08, 2010
@op when she ain’t what she used to be.

Like Adam, the typical man can’t resist the temptation of riper fruit, especially if the woman in his life has let herself go.

“If she got lazy or gained weight or just doesn’t take care of herself, a guy will start looking at other women.

Women who want to keep their men on a short leash need to take a “good, hard look in the mirror.
to round it up, is got to do with conscience.

(1) (Reply)

Guys/gurls Have Confronted Or Faught A Fellow Man/woman / How To Tell If Relationship Will Last / What Will You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.