Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,316 members, 7,829,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse (37315 Views)

Photos Of Ikeja Train Accident Victims Being Treated On The Floor / Accident Victims Who Died Along Keffi - Garaku Road. Do You Know Them? (Graphic / Lady Who Rescued Accident Victims In Lagos Narrates Her Ordeal. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by healthserve(m): 7:24pm On Oct 13, 2019
Nvc078:

I will keep helping people if need be,just that I'm now wiser,more careful and I apply caution

I agree. Videos and photos along the way will help in such events so it's evidently clear all that happened

1 Like

Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by healthserve(m): 7:28pm On Oct 13, 2019
Nvc078:

I will keep helping people if need be,just that I'm now wiser,more careful and I apply caution

The first thing I did was picked two persons from the scene to follow me about all that happened. This is crucial so you have witnesses

The next thing I did was looked at the time of the accident as it happened in my presence. I K ow humans have three hours to survive a dangerous accident and walked with that time frame in mind throughout

Three I made sure there was no delays. I had to walk on the road alongside two other individuals who followed me to clear the road of traffic. Even the police and army along the way joined.

Four, I only use hospital ambulance services to save the patient/victim

1 Like

Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 13, 2019
healthserve:
Nigerians and the attitude of walking away from wounded victims.

It still beffales my imagination why we continue to behave this way. If you won't get them in your car.

Do some good, make arrangement for public transport drop cash but don't be inactive in times of people's needs. Let's act sane and restore humanity to existence abeg.

The attitude of gather to look or snap pictures when need arises is inhumane, animalistic and irritating

I was passing by an accident scene and saw MY FELLOW NIGERIANS taking pictures no help. It wasn't till I reached six buildings away I realised no one helped. I had to turn back perform medical assistance to this guy whose entire frontal face fell of exposing his brains. With blood gushing uncontrollably. Nigerians brought out phone to take pictures. It took the entire day an event that ended 9pm but the guy lived. Thesedays when he's pallys see me around the hood they stand up to greet in ways that humble me

I learnt he was the breadwinner of his family. D the family would have crushed without him. On ntw, he breathed his final breather as he fainted the moment I had him dropped on the hospital bed. I got to meet with his family and friends. The doctors said if he arrived ten minutes beyond when he got in, he would have died. Imagine. And people would bring out phones to snap pictures.

Let's act right abeg

But we are the most religion country in the world, we never practice what we preach. It's only tithe , heaven and hell we know.

1 Like

Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by healthserve(m): 7:32pm On Oct 13, 2019
badboy92:

But we are the most religion country in the world, we never practice what we preach. It's only tithe , heaven and hell we know.

It's termed escapism. It's trying to evaporate into heaven without practical application of the truth

1 Like

Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by sirusX(m): 7:33pm On Oct 13, 2019
Promismike:

Our problem is our faulty system. People avoid helping accident victims because of how the police and most times the hospital turn the case against them.

I once helped took an accident victim to the hospital with my vehicle. When we got to the hospital I was detained by the hospital. The funny thing was that this lady was alive and was even telling the doctors that I was not the one that hit her. That I stopped to help get her to the hospital.

I was threaten with the police. In the end I had to find a way to sneak out of d hospital in morning after being kept all night.

Our system is our problem.

At least the victim in your case spoke on your behalf to clear your name

In my case, the goat was silent, meanwhile he knew the person had escaped in his vehicle and I was there to help carry him

See life

1 Like

Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by healthserve(m): 7:38pm On Oct 13, 2019
MiztaYouneek:

Exactly. Those that refused to help might not do such out of wickedness but just to prevent stories that touches. I know someone who had your similar experience so there was a day I was travelling along Benin Okada road and I saw people that were robbed with many injured and they were pleading I help carry some in my car to UBTH but trust me, even when I was just the only one in my car, I didn't carry even one person because I remember what happened to a friend of mine who did such. At the end police will carry you and even accuse you of being one of the suspected armed robbers and the rest story is another thing. Prevention is much better than story that touches and God will understand.

Stop this negative hogwash. I have one question for you. If you're a victim of an accident would you prefer to be left to die or someone coming to your aid even at whatever risk they may face. Tell me.

1 Like

Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by healthserve(m): 7:41pm On Oct 13, 2019
Promismike:

Our problem is our faulty system. People avoid helping accident victims because of how the police and most times the hospital turn the case against them.

I once helped took an accident victim to the hospital with my vehicle. When we got to the hospital I was detained by the hospital. The funny thing was that this lady was alive and was even telling the doctors that I was not the one that hit her. That I stopped to help get her to the hospital.

I was threaten with the police. In the end I had to find a way to sneak out of d hospital in morning after being kept all night.

The rule is simple. In any accident case take along two people from the scene. The voice of a. Multitude can't be easily overlooked. That's why people always say you and you help me carry him and follow me. Let's not allow fear paralyse us from being proactive. Il do this again and again. I have a lawyer if anyone plays BS with me. A very very good lawyer
Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by healthserve(m): 7:42pm On Oct 13, 2019
sirusX:

In my case, the goat was silent, meanwhile he knew the person had escaped in his vehicle and I was there to help carry him

See life

Can you imagine such wickedness

How did you make it out?

1 Like

Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by michael316: 7:44pm On Oct 13, 2019
Rebranded Nigeria
Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by Legendguru: 7:51pm On Oct 13, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:51pm On Oct 13, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
Make them no die sha.
If anything happen to any of them,he will judge himself for giving such help in Nigeria.
Police never do you something.
If you have never entered trouble by helping in Nigeria you no go understand.
I wish them all well.
You wouldn't say this if you were in same situation, would you?
Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by fattprince(m): 8:01pm On Oct 13, 2019
Hello Nairalanders please I really need someone to give me 4k. I need it to clear some debt tonight. Plz if you know you won't feel anything giving out the money plz help you just might be saving a life. Thank you
First bank 3058899916
Olushola fatuga. Thanks once again
Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by mercyviv(f): 8:02pm On Oct 13, 2019
Reminds me of the story of the good Samaritan. You'll never lack help in every ramification of your life. Next time though, don't beat your own drum. Be selfless and modest.
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...
Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by MiztaYouneek(m): 8:14pm On Oct 13, 2019
healthserve:

Stop this negative hogwash. I have one question for you. If you're a victim of an accident would you prefer to be left to die or someone coming to your aid even at whatever risk they may face. Tell me.

Bro, let's leave sentiment. If I find myself in that situation I will be happy to get help from anyone who helps me. But keep in mind that I will never see anyone who doesn't help me as a bad person because I understand why they didn't.

1 Like

Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by healthserve(m): 8:16pm On Oct 13, 2019
MiztaYouneek:

Bro, let's leave sentiment. If I find myself in that situation I will be happy to get help from anyone who helps me. But keep in mind that I will never see anyone who doesn't help me as a bad person because I understand why they didn't.

Then stop spreading panic. Rather give guidance on how to get it done. Worldwide one in such scenario is always advised to take two or three persons from the accident scene. With photos and videos of modern days such in eventualities of false allegations can be addressed. I'm chaotic systems, we need to look for ways out not to complain about chaos
Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by Promismike(m): 8:20pm On Oct 13, 2019
healthserve:

The rule is simple. In any accident case take along two people from the scene. The voice of a. Multitude can't be easily overlooked. That's why people always say you and you help me carry him and follow me. Let's not allow fear paralyse us from being proactive. Il do this again and again. I have a lawyer if anyone plays BS with me. A very very good lawyer
my brother, two people followed me to the hospital. I didn't go alone. The whole thing was a surprise and a nightmare to me. Even those guys where literally detained till morning. Their reason. We can't bring an accident victim and leave the person without any of the relatives of the accident victim coming around.
My brother the problem is the system. These things need to be addressed.
Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by Bizibi(m): 8:20pm On Oct 13, 2019
firstolalekan:
This is Nigeria...

You can't really blame those people.

This a country where the good Samaritan may be treated as a criminal.

He may get arrested

The doctors may refuse to attend to the victims unless the man signs some documents (implicating) or ask him to make a deposit first before they attend to the victims
but they will stand and video the victim.....
Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by Promismike(m): 8:22pm On Oct 13, 2019
sirusX:

See life
lolzz. The goat got me. My brother, thats d system we found ourselves. Messed up system.
Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by SpaceAngel: 8:23pm On Oct 13, 2019
The problem is not that people will not want to help but the way police will twist the issue if the accident victim dies while being helped by an innocent citizen.
Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by healthserve(m): 8:23pm On Oct 13, 2019
Promismike:
my brother, two people followed me to the hospital. I didn't go alone. The whole thing was a surprise and a nightmare to me. Even those guys where literally detained till morning. Their reason. We can't bring an accident victim and leave the person without any of the relatives of the accident victim coming around.
My brother the problem is the system. These things need to be addressed.

Chineke

That means na God save me then. I called the guys family who met me along the way to the hospital. Bros hustle get money abeg. All this insults dem dey insult us na. Money. If you had said take 250k treat this guy, they'll worship you and give you premium treatment.

It's all about the Benjamin's baby. The hospital bills was their priority. BTW my sister was the victim of an accident like this along with a friend going to buy goods in cotonou returning back both passed out. My sisters wallet was searched. They saw in her wallet the I'd of my uncle in Mobil atop ranking official. It was this complimentary card that saved her o. The other was left alone to die. My sister was treated because they knew someone could afford payment. This is our society for you o
Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by Promismike(m): 8:29pm On Oct 13, 2019
healthserve:

Chineke

That means na God save me then. I called the guys family who met me along the way to the hospital. Bros hustle get money abeg. All this insults dem dey insult us na. Money. If you had said take 250k treat this guy, they'll worship you and give you premium treatment.

It's all about the Benjamin's baby. The hospital bills was their priority. BTW my sister was the victim of an accident like this along with a friend going to buy goods in cotonou returning back both passed out. My sisters wallet was searched. They saw in her wallet the I'd of my uncle in Mobil atop ranking official. It was this complimentary card that saved her o. The other was left alone to die. My sister was treated because they knew someone could afford payment. This is our society for you o
That's d messed up system for u. Money is valued above life. I wonder why this country still exist.
Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by healthserve(m): 8:31pm On Oct 13, 2019
Promismike:
That's d messed up system for u. Money is valued above life. I wonder why this country still exist.

My brother na so we see am

1 Like

Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:52pm On Oct 13, 2019
Sometime last month at about 5:30am, was on my way to work and it just finished raining. Couldn't drive as my area was flooded so had to use a bus. Around VGC, as we passed, there was free flow of traffic and just as we stopped to pick up another passenger, I saw a Hausa guy shouting for help. He was on the wet ground with things scattered around. Not too far, I saw a truck( the guy apparently was a truck pusher). Seemingly while isn't was raining some few minutes ago, a car ran into this guy and the driver didn't stop. While other people avoided him and cars drove by, a silver Lexus drove past us and immediately stopped, turned in his hazard lights and went back to help the accident victim. What pained me the most was that the bus driver of the bus I was in and some passengers were making comments like " you de shout... Who wan come help you?" And while these comments were made, a few of them laughed. Like really? Wooow.,.. Where did we lose our humanity in this country? Whether Hausa Igbo or Yoruba, has life become so meaningless to us? My mind kept flashing back to that scene and I kept thanking God someone with a car stopped under the light drizzle after the heavy downpour to help the man...

That it is not you today doesn't mean it can't be you tomorrow..... Treat others how you want to be treated.

4 Likes

Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by healthserve(m): 8:55pm On Oct 13, 2019
INDUSTRIALFAN:
Sometime last month at about 5:30am, was on my way to work and it just finished raining. Couldn't drive as my area was flooded so had to use a bus. Around VGC, as we passed, there was free flow of traffic and just as we stopped to pick up another passenger, I saw a Hausa guy shouting for help. He was on the wet ground with things scattered around. Not too far, I saw a truck( the guy apparently was a truck pusher). Seemingly while isn't was raining some few minutes ago, a car ran into this guy and the driver didn't stop. While other people avoided him and cars drove by, a silver Lexus drove past us and immediately stopped, turned in his hazard lights and went back to help the accident victim. What pained me the most was that the bus driver of the bus I was in and some passengers were making comments like " you de shout... Who wan come help you?" And while these comments were made, a few of them laughed. Like really? Wooow.,.. Where did we lose our humanity in this country? Whether Hausa Igbo or Yoruba, has life become so meaningless to us? My mind kept flashing back to that scene and I kept thanking God someone with a car stopped under the light drizzle after the heavy downpour to help the man...

That it is not you today doesn't mean it can't be you tomorrow..... Treat others how you want to be treated.

Wow Imagine
Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 9:00pm On Oct 13, 2019
healthserve:

Wow Imagine
very animalistic appalling behavior
Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 13, 2019
that's courteous of him. keep it up
Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by ChristineC: 9:55pm On Oct 13, 2019
wechat1:
does it mean that nigeria dont have ambulance phone number.what acountry. cry cry cry cry cry cry
Nigeria is one of the worst places to live on Earth, you'd be surprised that some war-torn countries in the Middle East have more functional sectors than Nigeria.
Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by MiztaYouneek(m): 11:33pm On Oct 13, 2019
healthserve:

Then stop spreading panic. Rather give guidance on how to get it done. Worldwide one in such scenario is always advised to take two or three persons from the accident scene. With photos and videos of modern days such in eventualities of false allegations can be addressed. I'm chaotic systems, we need to look for ways out not to complain about chaos

Till it is addressed don't blame those that didn't help. Helping in a situation like this is what we want Nigeria to be like, but it's unfortunate we haven't gotten to that stage. I truly understand you haven't gotten a close encounter with helping and police issue at same time so you are probably just thinking from the suppose angle it should be which is the right way to go. But hey, I pray you don't ever find yourself in any such situation that will make you regret your action. A soldier is not suppose to run from a battle field, but its only the ones that run that can tell the real story of what happened and that will be able to help others avoid such situation from happening again.
Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by healthserve(m): 11:40pm On Oct 13, 2019
MiztaYouneek:

Till it is addressed don't blame those that didn't help. Helping in a situation like this is what we want Nigeria to be like, but it's unfortunate we haven't gotten to that stage. I truly understand you haven't gotten a close encounter with helping and police issue at same time so you are probably just thinking from the suppose angle it should be which is the right way to go. But hey, I pray you don't ever find yourself in any such situation that will make you regret your action. A soldier is not suppose to run from a battle field, but its only the ones that run that can tell the real story of what happened and that will be able to help others avoid such situation from happening again.

The usual insecure posturing brought about by insecurities and unsubstantative fear of Nigerians flawed thinking. I was involved in a serious case with police recently and the e tire force duffed their hat at how I handled a delicate a serious issue even worse than this. Plus, I have a God and I've got good lawyers
Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by pacespot(m): 11:51pm On Oct 13, 2019
Promismike:

Stop blaming the system for everything, who are the people occupying the system, are they not Nigerians like you? You will be surprised other hospitals might have responded to your issue more friendly. Most of these issues are caused by individuals, their characters and sentiments. The problem is that we have good people and bad people roaming on the same land called Nigeria.
Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by pacespot(m): 11:52pm On Oct 13, 2019
Promismike:

Stop blaming the system for everything, who are the people occupying the system, are they not Nigerians like you? You will be surprised other hospitals might have responded to your issue more friendly. Most of these issues are caused by individuals, depending on the person's characters and sentiments. The problem is that we have good people and bad people roaming on the same land called Nigeria.
Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by MiztaYouneek(m): 11:58pm On Oct 13, 2019
healthserve:

The usual insecure posturing brought about by insecurities and unsubstantative fear of Nigerians flawed thinking. I was involved in a serious case with police recently and the e tire force duffed their hat at how I handled a delicate a serious issue even worse than this. Plus, I have a God and I've got good lawyers

Now you are speaking from your own very obvious good way of overcoming such situation. How many other Nigerians can do same when they don't even have a charge and bail not to talk about a good lawyer.

Even with all this you have said, I will advice you just keep thanking God you haven't had any bad experience with the police or military because there are situations were your good lawyers like you said will only come to your rescue after the damage has been done and after you have stayed almost a week inside police cell before they bail you. Even those your lawyers will be the ones to advice you on how to always respect yourself in certain matters.

From the way you sound, I know that police has not changed matters for you before and you have probably not been in a police cell before so please pray you never experience such. In Nigeria that I know, if police really mean you whether you know your right or not, or you have good lawyers, they will surprise you to the point that even though your lawyers can help, the frustration alone will make them tell you to avoid such situation next time. And that's probably after you have counted some good days in cell.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki / How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? / Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.