Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) (42460 Views)

Chinua Achebe Signing A Copy Of His Book 'Anthills Of Savanna' (Throwback Photo) / A Nairalander Poses With Obaseki As Governor Endorses His Book (Photos) / 14 Quotes From 'Things Fall Apart' By Chinua Achebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by Donsheddy: 8:49am On Oct 14, 2019
YorubaNinja:

@bolded. Whatever you've been smoking, madam pls, come off it! There's so much you don't know. Are you sure you're a Nigerian at all?

They didn't invest jack! They're all victims of their own misguidance. Their region is so messed up that it's become almost inhabitable for modern civilization. A haven and fortress for savagery. Their negative attitudes, divisibility, and arrogant nature have been the apex reason of their downfall.

Even in the most fairly contested election ever held in the history of this nation where MKO won the north and SW in a landslide, he lost in the SE. Simply because of their sentiments and hatred for Yorubas and anything Yoruba. They supported OBJ cuz they've got no choice as it was btw two Yorubas. They supported OBJ to spite the SW as, the SW supported Falae. They'll do anything to spite Yoruba pple. They opposed PMB simply cuz of Osinbajo, his Yoruba V.P.

The same Yorubas that give them accomodation and roofs upon their heads. No other tribes can successfully thrive in their own region. They're very un-accomodating to other tribes even their own Igbo pple if you're not from their states or localities.

I love progressive minded Igbos... Late Major Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu will always be my hero. I love him to death but, his pple messed up the 1966 coup due to unnecessary sentiments. That's story for another day. Guess who 'strategically' killed him? That coward, Ojukwu!

Of course, not all of them are bad. Majority of the educated ones are great. I've got several Igbo friends and, trust me they sometimes regret their heritage.

Trash...

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by Izuelevated(m): 8:49am On Oct 14, 2019
My forever role model. Full of life back then. Death na bastard!!!
Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by Surulereman(m): 8:54am On Oct 14, 2019
The Master story teller. Highly inspirational.

3 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by Donsheddy: 8:56am On Oct 14, 2019
blowjohn:

No sir/ma.
Let me tell u what happened yesterday in Methodist Church, Abuja.
It was independence celebration so different tribes represented by singing and dancing to the altar in their various native songs.
From the Yorubas to the hausas, to the south south etc there was no issue.
When it was the turn of igbos, guess what happened?
There was issue with choice of song such that when a song was chosen, a faction will disapprove.
Let me state here without exaggerating that it was after about 5,6 or 7 songs( certainly more than 4) that the igbos agreed on a song.
We non ibos were so perplexed and slightly annoyed cos time was far spent and we needed to leave so that the 10 am service to commence.
Not to sound so stereotypical but was a pointer to disunity.

Another Trash...

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by JMJMC: 8:58am On Oct 14, 2019
Nice one.
Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by Ewedegubbler: 9:02am On Oct 14, 2019
YorubaNinja:

@bolded. Whatever you've been smoking, madam pls, come off it! There's so much you don't know. Are you sure you're a Nigerian at all?

They didn't invest jack! They're all victims of their own misguidance. Their region is so messed up that it's become almost inhabitable for modern civilization. A haven and fortress for savagery. Their negative attitudes, divisibility, and arrogant nature have been the apex reason of their downfall.

Even in the most fairly contested election ever held in the history of this nation where MKO won the north and SW in a landslide, he lost in the SE. Simply because of their sentiments and hatred for Yorubas and anything Yoruba. They supported OBJ cuz they've got no choice as it was btw two Yorubas. They supported OBJ to spite the SW as, the SW supported Falae. They'll do anything to spite Yoruba pple. They opposed PMB simply cuz of Osinbajo, his Yoruba V.P.

The same Yorubas that give them accomodation and roofs upon their heads. No other tribes can successfully thrive in their own region. They're very un-accomodating to other tribes even their own Igbo pple if you're not from their states or localities.

I love progressive minded Igbos... Late Major Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu will always be my hero. I love him to death but, his pple messed up the 1966 coup due to unnecessary sentiments. That's story for another day. Guess who 'strategically' killed him? That coward, Ojukwu!

Of course, not all of them are bad. Majority of the educated ones are great. I've got several Igbo friends and, trust me they sometimes regret their heritage.

Do you actually move around with this manner of hate and bile in your head? I don't have any advice for you Mr. but hatred of the mind is a poverty mentality that leads empty pockets....

3 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by nams77: 9:04am On Oct 14, 2019
YorubaNinja:

Crap!

No doubt she seems like a pretty lady... but, you're still a pervert! angry

You know, you will be expecting me to start bickering with you. But i will pass.

I just know you are filled with bitterness and envy.

So long son,

I won't dignify you with another response as this will suffice.
Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by Menance: 9:05am On Oct 14, 2019
Legend. Rip
Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by 49cents(m): 9:15am On Oct 14, 2019
YorubaNinja:

MKO actually won in Anambra and got ober 45 percent votes in other SE states despite an Ogbonna Onu "their Son" being the running mate of Tofa....stop misleading people
Now this is not counting the igbo votes across the federation. My parents voted MKO and many of my relatives then

Now to why MKO won in the north...the facts are already out!

It was a deliberate move by the power brokers to counter IBBs boy Tofa from succeeding IBB.

The opposing northern anti-IBB forces wanted "MKO to win" so that the northern consesus of not giving power to the south will override that southern victory and that way they will have done away with both IBB and a southern presidency in one fell swoop. And they got it. Put in a front yoruba ING president to calm the polity only to kick him out through Abacha.

Politically Notherners got no love for any southerner so stop fooling yourself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by franchasng: 9:25am On Oct 14, 2019
jacksonkennedy:
what do you mean his people's conducts don't justify his legacy blah blah blah. Just pay your respects and move on.
Mind you the Igbos have always been the number one supporters of our people. They have invested heavily in our lands, supported our political ambitions in 2003, never fought us and have always stood for positive change in Nigeria.
I don't know where you base but when you come abroad and accept help from an Igbo in your trial period, then you will know just how stupid your bigotry here is.
kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by Rebuke: 9:26am On Oct 14, 2019
YorubaNinja:

Chairman, yhur type is the reason Nigeria is full of enemies of progress.

Must yhu promote hate?

I wonder how yhur real life is. Seriously, yhu are disgusting!!

I don't know how yhu survive daily with so much hate in yhur heart.

Yhu are so so backward.

2 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by tot(f): 9:29am On Oct 14, 2019
YorubaNinja:
As much as his pple's conducts don't justify his legacy, hardworks and struggles... nevertheless, from the most reputable part of the country, SW... we Omoluabis hereby show our utmost respect!

Long live his legacy! cool

Hardworks?
If there is "hardworks" then there is 'feedbacks' and 'staffs'.

2 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by ylaa(f): 9:32am On Oct 14, 2019
Same here. He lives in mine too. I love him.dearly.

uote author=Nnamdi99 post=83116584]This man is truly a legend,even though dead physically, he still lives in the mind of many literature lovers like me. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by seguno2: 9:37am On Oct 14, 2019
Mutemenot:
When things has not even fallen apart tongue I wish he's alive to see how things has jaja now

You that you are alive, after seeing, what are you doing
Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by YorubaNinja: 9:37am On Oct 14, 2019
tot:

Hardworks?
If there is "hardworks" then there is 'feedbacks' and 'staffs'.

Well, since you need to be lectured, I don't mind doing some.

Hardworks from this context is utilized as a noun NOT as a verb.

As a result, it can be pluralistic in nature. cool

Thank me later. cool
Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by tot(f): 9:41am On Oct 14, 2019
YorubaNinja:

Thank me later. cool

Hardwork is a plural noun, deal with it.

Why would "hardwork" be used as a verb? Do you know what a verb is?

4 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by elyte(m): 9:44am On Oct 14, 2019
Nawa o... Una no dey rest? Haba!
YorubaNinja:

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by Rebuke: 9:45am On Oct 14, 2019
Praktikals:

Let's just say the ones over there have been refined and westernized. The Igbos back home are nothing but criminal-minded empty chest beaters.

Yhu see, we have problem with unenlightened mind like yhu.

Honestly, only a fool like yhu will make statements such as these.

I have been betrayed and defrauded more by some Yorubas yet I will never come to say Yorubas are fraudsters or whatever.

I still live and do business with the Yorubas and I have enjoyed so much loyalties and everything good from them than I have from my own people.

Yhu idiots should travel and be enlightened than sit yhur ass down somewhere and making silly comments. Stop all these fallacies.

Stop generalising. Don't be so slow.

3 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by toprealman: 9:45am On Oct 14, 2019
YorubaNinja:
As much as his pple's conducts don't justify his legacy, hardworks and struggles... nevertheless, from the most reputable part of the country, SW... we Omoluabis hereby show our utmost respect!

Long live his legacy! cool
Just like the skull miners in your region don't necessarily represent who the Omolubais truly are......respect!

4 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by YorubaNinja: 9:46am On Oct 14, 2019
tot:

Hardwork is a plural noun, deal with it.

Why would "hardwork" be used as a verb? Do you know what a verb is?

What you know is what you know... you can't know what you don't know.

I can see you're languishing in the dungeon of 'formal' English grammar. grin
Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by tot(f): 9:47am On Oct 14, 2019
YorubaNinja:

What you know is what you know... you can't know what you don't know.

I can see you're languishing in the dungeon of 'formal' English grammar. grin

Instead of admitting he was wrong, see him trying to deflect.

Anyway, now you know there is nothing like HARDWORKS. Shikena.

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by achikolo(f): 9:48am On Oct 14, 2019
[s]
YorubaNinja:

Thank me later. cool
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by madridsta007(m): 9:55am On Oct 14, 2019
Dozzywest:
How handsome and intelligent he looks here.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/gallery/2013/mar/22/chinua-achebe-nigeria-novelist-poet-pictures

My father, my father!

Legend!

3 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by popp(m): 10:00am On Oct 14, 2019
Imagine Uniport set a question from "Things Fall Apart" this year for the Post UMTE candidates.
Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by 8stargeneral: 10:16am On Oct 14, 2019
ednut1:
Abeg is there any northern literacy icon
yes, look at him here,enjoyed his book then even now.

3 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by eodavids(m): 10:18am On Oct 14, 2019
tartar9:
Meanwhile,his Yoruba counterpart was showing us the Noble prize.Anyways,thats still better than displaying drugs.He still remains one of the few good story book writers to manage to emerge from that tribe.

Don't derail this thread
Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by kevotek1000(m): 10:20am On Oct 14, 2019
Respect to a literary Legend. I love your works of art and yes its really inspiring. I wish you were still alive to see how things have indeed fallen apart.

I love the lines in things fall apart.

'' A voice one's heard is to be heard no more ''

May God bless our heroes and keep them in the safest place.
Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by 8stargeneral: 10:20am On Oct 14, 2019
great legend, much respect.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege At Stanel World Awka. Pictures / MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) / It Started With A Look (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.