Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Lekki-epe Expressway lagos, Deteriorating, Despite Toll Fee. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki-epe Expressway lagos, Deteriorating, Despite Toll Fee. (1385 Views)

DSS Denies Nnamdi Kanu Access To Visitors Due To Deteriorating Health – Family / Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court / Lady K: My Health Is Deteriorating From Chemical DSS Forced Me To Drink (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lekki-epe Expressway lagos, Deteriorating, Despite Toll Fee. by VaselineCrew: 6:45am On Oct 14, 2019
How is it possible that a free expressway would be miles better than a tolled one?

I am referring to the comparison between the third mainland bridge and Lekki-Epe Expressway. On the third mainland bridge, you have clearly marked lanes, functioning street lights and no potholes.

Yet on Lekki-Epe, where users pay upwards of N200 per single pass, the road is full of potholes. On some stretches, the third lane to the right has been totally condemned by potholes making the lane unusable. Then all the lanes that were shining when new have all washed away. I remember when Fashola at least repainted the lanes, but go there now, no lanes, with cars just driving in zig-zag patterns. Then of course you have the issue of no street lights when driving at night. So many cars have run into gigantic potholes on that road at night with speed, messing up their cars.

I really do wonder how a road that generates billions can be so dilapidated. Can’t they just use ordinary 10 million from this months toll money to fix the potholes and employ cheap labor to repaint the lanes? Can’t they take another 5 million to ensure the street lights are always on?

It just seems like the whole money is being swallowed. It doesn’t make any sense at all.

Re: Lekki-epe Expressway lagos, Deteriorating, Despite Toll Fee. by helinues: 6:47am On Oct 14, 2019
And no pinshures to back up your claims

1 Like

Re: Lekki-epe Expressway lagos, Deteriorating, Despite Toll Fee. by VaselineCrew: 6:49am On Oct 14, 2019
helinues:

I feel you bros, I will take pictures later and repost.
Re: Lekki-epe Expressway lagos, Deteriorating, Despite Toll Fee. by Unbiased1: 8:13am On Oct 14, 2019
h
Re: Lekki-epe Expressway lagos, Deteriorating, Despite Toll Fee. by noxy1962(m): 10:13am On Oct 14, 2019
helinues:
With or without pictures his assertion is glaring. Go there and see for yourself or ask anyone who plies the road. I don't think the government needs pictures to know when to fix potholes, mark roads or repair street lights.

1 Like

Re: Lekki-epe Expressway lagos, Deteriorating, Despite Toll Fee. by Rochas2023: 10:21am On Oct 14, 2019
The money is going to mr T pocket

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lekki-epe Expressway lagos, Deteriorating, Despite Toll Fee. by Zamanee1: 10:24am On Oct 14, 2019
Is not that toll gate is not good oh.. But the mismanagement of the fund
Re: Lekki-epe Expressway lagos, Deteriorating, Despite Toll Fee. by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 14, 2019
The owner of Lekki Concession company is the Bullion van king and his Lebanese business partner. They are responsible for collecting the tolls from Lagosians and maintaining the Lekki-Epe Expressway

He plans on contesting for presidency in 2023, and it costs more than a billion dollars to make that dream to come to frution. Expect the expressway to become worse.

1 Like

Re: Lekki-epe Expressway lagos, Deteriorating, Despite Toll Fee. by slimfit1(m): 11:52am On Oct 14, 2019
I'm still waiting for good news
Re: Lekki-epe Expressway lagos, Deteriorating, Despite Toll Fee. by FarahAideed: 11:54am On Oct 14, 2019
helinues:

So you still need pictures to know the poor state of road in Lagos? Even the govt has to declare state of emergency

1 Like

Re: Lekki-epe Expressway lagos, Deteriorating, Despite Toll Fee. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 14, 2019
FarahAideed:

So you still need pictures to know the poor state of road in Lagos? Even the govt has to declare state of emergency
I was shocked when I drove on that road after a long hiatus from Lagos and couldn't believe this was the road that was being tolled. The condition of the expressway is a disgrace! However, most Nigerians have never travelled out of the country and know no better. This is what a tolled road is supposed to look like:

3 Likes

Re: Lekki-epe Expressway lagos, Deteriorating, Despite Toll Fee. by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 14, 2019
slimfit1:
I'm still waiting for good news
The bullion van drug baron will keep you waiting until you retire

2 Likes

Re: Lekki-epe Expressway lagos, Deteriorating, Despite Toll Fee. by VaselineCrew: 8:32am On Oct 22, 2019
I have added pictures of what it’s like driving on Lekki-Epe Expressway at night.

See how dark everywhere is.

Street lights don’t work on most stretches of the road, like 80% of the road.

I truly believe that the toll collection for one day can fix all the street lights and even power them with solar panels.

Re: Lekki-epe Expressway lagos, Deteriorating, Despite Toll Fee. by VaselineCrew: 8:33am On Oct 22, 2019
sad

Re: Lekki-epe Expressway lagos, Deteriorating, Despite Toll Fee. by VaselineCrew: 8:35am On Oct 22, 2019
angry

Re: Lekki-epe Expressway lagos, Deteriorating, Despite Toll Fee. by VaselineCrew: 8:36am On Oct 22, 2019
I will take photos of the massive potholes and bad sections during daytime and post here soon.

Can’t believe they make all cars pay close to 300 Naira to pass this road.
Re: Lekki-epe Expressway lagos, Deteriorating, Despite Toll Fee. by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 22, 2019
Still waiting for the messiah that would open the books of Lagos state.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: I’m Ready To Face Trial If…, Nnamdi Kanu Tells Court / The Most Powerful People In Nigerian Politics / How Can I Reach EEDC And Get Them To Come To My Rescue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.