Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1338905 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by blissnenye: 6:31am On Dec 29, 2019
Thanks a lot bro

Eraytee:
Massive congratulations to you @Blissnenye go and prosper

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by blissnenye: 6:32am On Dec 29, 2019
Thanks dear. Yours is coming soon. Hope you are ready.

EyesondPrize:
Congratulations sis....wishing you the very best in Canada.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Imu84tj: 7:37am On Dec 29, 2019
Congratulations blissnenye and to all PPR clinchers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NaijaGoingMaple: 7:51am On Dec 29, 2019
With your current IELTS score which I believe is your first attempt, it will be much easier to max out your IELTS and get additional 9 points than learning a new language aside the cost of learning and registering for TEF.

Ebuncrown:
Hey guys, so I just checked my IELTS results now

Me Principal Applicant
L - 8.0
S - 8.0
R - 7.0
W - 7.0

Spouse
L - 8.0
S - 7.5
R - 7.5
W - 7.5

With this scores our CRS scores is 457 if my LLB and Law School certificate is evaluated as 2 or more degrees and

464 if it’s evaluated as a professional degree. Still waiting for my transcript to be sent to ICES for evaluation.

I am considering the option of TEF to boost our scores. I need recommendations on great French schools in Lagos. Also how many points will French add to our CRS. Should I just write IELTS again? Thank you guys
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by tysaxmalomo: 7:56am On Dec 29, 2019
Last I heard, I was told that the Law School is not a degree awarding body, but a body that one passes through in order to practice in a licensed profession such as trade or vocational schools. Not sure of the veracity though.

Sent you a PM request

Ebuncrown:
Hey guys, so I just checked my IELTS results now

Me Principal Applicant
L - 8.0
S - 8.0
R - 7.0
W - 7.0

Spouse
L - 8.0
S - 7.5
R - 7.5
W - 7.5

With this scores our CRS scores is 457 if my LLB and Law School certificate is evaluated as 2 or more degrees and

464 if it’s evaluated as a professional degree. Still waiting for my transcript to be sent to ICES for evaluation.

I am considering the option of TEF to boost our scores. I need recommendations on great French schools in Lagos. Also how many points will French add to our CRS. Should I just write IELTS again? Thank you guys
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 8:00am On Dec 29, 2019
Eraytee:
Your listening score is low, you need atleast 8 in Listening to be competitive in the pool. Rewrite it. All the best.

Thanks bro. Have a great day.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 8:02am On Dec 29, 2019
Tina26:
use the crs tool to simulate.
Haha Tina Tina. Long time. Thanks grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Qlibra(f): 8:10am On Dec 29, 2019
This is quite inspiring to read.News like this makes me very hopeful that it will get to me soon

Congrats once again.

Spicyme:
Hi Nairalanders,

Please grab a bottle of coke and a cup of popcorn as I am about to tell my story.

I took my time to write this just to encourage someone. Always remember that there is a light at the end of every tunnel.

Decision to travel:
I heard about express entry from my sister that stays in Canada early 2017. She went as a student and after a while, she called all her siblings to advise us to relocate. I was like “I am not a fan of obodo oyibo.” She practically begged me to give it a trial but I refused. Fast forward to some months later, I got a new car. A week after I got the car, we all got a mail in my office about a salary increase. The following day, I overheard my boss telling my colleague that “for Jayne to be driving a car like that, she doesn’t need the money I pay her”. Out of curiosity, I decided to check everyone’s salary after the increment (I had access to such information as I was the third in command in the company). Guess what!! 20k - 30k was added to everybody’s salary and just 5k was added to mine. This means that even the receptionist was earning more than me. I got home and cried myself to sleep and dreamt about Canada. I woke up the next day and called my sister.

WES:
My evaluation made immigration look easy. Everything was so smooth that in less than 2 months, I got my BSC and MSc evaluated.

IELTS:
This one showed me the bitter side of express entry but gave me a testimony at the end.
I took my first IELTS early last year. I scored 8.5, 6.5, 7,7.5 LRWS- BC
I wrote a second time and scored 7.5, 9.0,7,7.5 LRWS - IDP. Then they were using speakers and it wasn't clear. I even complained after the test but nothing was done. Then the 3rd 8.5, 7.5,6.5,7.5 - IDP. I applied for an EOR but it came out negative. Then the 4th 8.5,8.5,6.5,8.0 LRWS - IDP. I applied for an EOR again but it came out negative. Then the 5th, I missed this one because my passport was with an embassy, I wanted to reschedule but BC chop witch with the excuse that the time was short hmmmm. Then the 6th 9,7.5,5.5,7.5 LRWS-BC. I was so embarrassed. How can a freelance writer have a score like this in writing? I never told anyone about my score except my friend who encouraged me. I later realized my mistake; we were asked to write a letter to a colleague, I wrote a semi-formal formal letter instead of an informal letter. I learnt my lesson. Then the 7th, 8.5,8.5,6.5,8.0 - LRWS- IDP. I was pained because I really prepared for the writing. A voice within me kept telling me to remark but I was just giving excuses. One day, something happened that made me cry to the extent of asking myself what was holding me back in this country. I downloaded the EOR form and was completing it with tears in my eyes. I made a mistake and circled reading instead of writing. I tried reprinting the form but my printer stopped working. I decided to circle both reading and writing after which I made the necessary payment and submitted.
On 24th of April, I got an email to come and pick up my TRF. I contacted IDP and requested that they courier it to my address. I later got an email requesting that I pay for the courier service, and also sign and complete the fund refund form. I was confused, I contacted them again and asked how long it was going to take for me to get the result and they said between 5-10 working days. How do they expect me to wait that long? The following day being the 25th of April, I traveled to the state were I took the exam (I actually left before daybreak). When I got the IDP office, I was told that there was a mix-up somewhere and my result was sent to Port Harcourt. Why can't my village people just let me be?
Meanwhile, I had already registered for another test in Kano with IDP. I traveled back to my base to prepare for my journey to Kano the following day. While on my way to Kano on the 26th, I got a call from IDP to come for my result. I told the lady that I can't make it to Abuja that day and I can't wait for their "5-10 working days" to get my result. She said I should send an email to that effect to IDP and copy her so that she can follow it up. She promised to courier the result that day assuring me that I was going to get it the following day. I made the payment - N5450.
Nevertheless, I took the exam in Kano and went back to my base on the 27th hoping to see my new IELTS score, unfortunately, the result was not delivered hmmmm.
Fast forward to Monday, around few minutes to 2:00, I got a call that a package was just delivered from DHL, omo, with the speed of light, I rushed and collected the package and went into my car. I prayed and opened it, the unbelievable scores were just staring at me LRWS- 8.5, 9,7,8. I couldn't control the tears from my eyes, I lifted my hands and praised God. He has given me a testimony, an unbelievable one.
The perfect Easter gift from my father.
I quickly updated my profile and was swimming in the pool with CRS 475 when ITA came knocking in the next draw.

ITA:
I got ITA on the 1st of May, 2019. And the process of gathering the documents started.
Medicals was done in IOM Abuja two weeks after we got the ITA.
PCC: this was done in my state of residence. Hot 30k for me and my spouse.
POF: Na this one be the koko. During the process of writing IELTS, we decided to invest our funds on landed properties. So when ITA came, we tried to sell them but the devil and the economy decided to harden the heart of prospective buyers. Two weeks to the expiration of my ITA, I saw that we were not making any progress with the selling of properties, I pick-up my phone and called my first love – Dad. I explained everything to him and he told me and I quote “I am ready to give up everything I have for you to have a better life.” Before I ended the call, I got a credit alert from my father- 100% gift deed. He drafted a gift deed, got an affidavit for the gift and also sent the data page of his passport. I uploaded all these documents.

AOR:
I got AOR on the 28th of June. I submitted late because of my POF but God did it for us.
We got a request for biometrics and did that on the 31st of July 2019 and then the wait began.
I decided not to let the wait get to me by stressing myself out. I worked on weekdays and learnt hair dressing on weekends. So, I never had the time to check my profile. I never knew my VO until ……………..

ADR:
On the 20th of November I decided to check my spam and noticed that IRCC sent an email requesting that we upload a new passport as the current one was going to expire in 6 months. We were given just 7 days to submit meaning that we had just 5 days. We travelled to about 4 states in search of passport and ended up getting it in Minna, Niger state. We uploaded the passports immediately, two days to the expiration of the ADR phewwwww.

PPR:
I decided to take a course on mind building hmmm. One of the things that was advised was that we should limit our phone usage. Mumu me decided that I was not going to do anything with my phone except to answer calls. On the 27th of November, I couldn’t resist any more so I decided to check my mails. Immediately I opened it, the “Ready the visa mail caught my eyes”
I danced and cried like never before. It has actually ended in praise.
I submitted on the 3rd of December and on the 24th, I got a passport collection text message from VFS Abuja. My God always know the perfect gift for me.
I collected our passports yesterday, 27th of December to the Glory of God.

SUMMARY:
ITA: 1st May, 2019
PPR: 27th November 2019
VO: Ottawa
Family of 5

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Spicyme: 8:11am On Dec 29, 2019
SonsOfLiverpool:
Guys please can I get ITA with the attached score? I thought listening has to be at least 8 before I am accepted?

Please I need to know oh before I register for next exam.

Your score in listening is poor. I think you'll have to rewrite and aim for a minimum of 8 in listening.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Prettiepearlz(f): 8:15am On Dec 29, 2019
tysaxmalomo:
Last I heard, I was told that the Law School is not a degree awarding body, but a body that one passes through in order to practice in a licensed profession such as trade or vocational schools. Not sure of the veracity though.

Sent you a PM request

Bros, no last I heard on this Canadian journey oooo, you need to get your facts right so you don’t mislead yourself or other people. Your law school degree can be evaluated. I think WES evaluates LLB and law school as two or more certificates while some other bodies evaluates it as equivalent to a professional degree. It’s not as you have been told, if you have a law degree, read through the thread and find out which institution evaluates it as a professional degree and do something about it quickly. If you do dem say on this journey, my brother you will still be in Nigeria by 2021, hence the reason for proper research! Don’t confuse yourself. This thread and the past ones is very rich with information. Good luck

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bankyh1905(m): 8:19am On Dec 29, 2019
Congratulations to you and your family! The pain caused by IELTS has finally being assuaged by the golden mail. Thank you for sharing your story. You score 8/10. Go forth and prosper in our new home.

You could have had a prefect score but for the summary that wasn't detailed enough.

Spicyme:

SUMMARY:
Family of 5

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Qlibra(f): 8:21am On Dec 29, 2019
Please I'm abit confused.
I have OND and HND from two different schools.
I'm 'bout starting my Canada PR journey.
I have read people's transcripts but I still want to ask. Do I need to get my OND and HND evaluated by WES or just the HND? I read in the trend were someone said you only need to get the higher one evaluated which is the HND. I just want to confirm that.
Secondly I'm yet to register for IELTS test.
I'm based in Portharcourt, I can't find their address here in Portharcourt. Please do you have an idea if they have an office in Portharcourt?
And also is it possible to take the test just once?
Please I could use all the answers pleases.....
Thank you

elohim24:

2 or more certificates
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bankyh1905(m): 8:26am On Dec 29, 2019
Congratulations blissnenye, the IELTS tutor. What an adorable timeline you've got there. As I consider your announcement a summary, I refuse to grade it. I'm giving you a chance to post a full script. I think many people on the platform will like to read your about your IELTS success, if nothing else.

blissnenye:
Meanwhile, my people I had an early Christmas gift and I am grateful to God.

ECA for PA: June 29, 2019
ECA for spouse July 24,2019
IELTS: May 23 (PA) LRSW: 8.5,9,7.5,7.5
IELTS: May 11(Spouse) 7.5, 6, 7, 6.5. Can't remember exact scores actually
CRS: 461
ITA: July 24
AOR: September 10
PPR: December 23

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Prettiepearlz(f): 8:32am On Dec 29, 2019
Qlibra:
Please I'm abit confused.
I have OND and HND from two different schools.
I'm 'bout starting my Canada PR journey.
I have read people's transcripts but I still want to ask. Do I need to get my OND and HND evaluated by WES or just the HND? I read in the trend were someone said you only need to get the higher one evaluated which is the HND. I just want to confirm that.
Secondly I'm yet to register for IELTS test.
I'm based in Portharcourt, I can't find their address here in Portharcourt. Please do you have an idea if they have an office in Portharcourt?
And also is it possible to take the test just once?
Please I could use all the answers pleases.....
Thank you

Evaluate both, evaluating highest degree only applies for graduates with masters or PhD, because evaluating master or PhD alone is enough. But in the case of OND and HND, Bsc and PGD, Bsc and certificates et all, you need to evaluate both. You need to read through this thread and understand a lot of things about this journey. You may not be lucky enough to get a response to your questions especially if they are questions that has been dealt with. Good luck

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Qlibra(f): 8:39am On Dec 29, 2019
Ok.Thank you very much for your reply.

Prettiepearlz:

Evaluate both, evaluating highest degree only applies for graduates with masters or PhD, because evaluating master or PhD alone is enough. But in the case of OND and HND, Bsc and PGD, Bsc and certificates et all, you need to evaluate both. You need to read through this thread and understand a lot of things about this journey. You may not be lucky enough to get a response to your questions especially if they are questions that has been dealt with. Good luck
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by CanadianBae: 8:47am On Dec 29, 2019
You'll not believe that I just thought of you and if you have gotten PPR, only for me to see your post. Congratulations to you and your family
[quote author=blissnenye
Started ECA for hubby and I in April April9 2019
ECA for spouse July 24, 2019
IELTS: May 23, 2019(PA) LRSW: 8.5,9,7.5,7.5
IELTS: May 11,2019(Spouse) 7.5, 6, 7, 6.5. Can't remember exact scores actually
ITA: July 24,2019
MEP and BIL: September 24, 2019
AOR: September 10,2019
Caught the GU December 20, 2019
PPR: December 23,2019
AOR to PPR: 3 months and 13days
No ADR
Family of 4
Raised CSE only once to know my VO and VO was Ottawa

Started ECA for hubby and I in April April and got the PPR mail December 23 at 11:07pm. I am so grateful to God that a journey of 8months have ended in praise[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by CanadianBae: 9:03am On Dec 29, 2019
First of all, that your boss is a Witch/wizard!! But thank goodness they did that if not, you'd never had bothered with pursuing expreas entry. God bless your dad! And congratulations to you and your family.
Spicyme:
Hi Nairalanders,

PPR:
I decided to take a course on mind building hmmm. One of the things that was advised was that we should limit our phone usage. Mumu me decided that I was not going to do anything with my phone except to answer calls. On the 27th of November, I couldn’t resist any more so I decided to check my mails. Immediately I opened it, the “Ready the visa mail caught my eyes”
I danced and cried like never before. It has actually ended in praise.
I submitted on the 3rd of December and on the 24th, I got a passport collection text message from VFS Abuja. My God always know the perfect gift for me.
I collected our passports yesterday, 27th of December to the Glory of God.

SUMMARY:
Family of 5

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ChiefDaddy1: 11:14am On Dec 29, 2019
Crummy:
please how much does it cost for the process of collecting transcript and all in UI and I have my statement of result not certificate, because our certificate has some issues, can I use it?

You can use your transcript and you cant spend upto15 in all with miscellaneous
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Denerystormborn: 11:17am On Dec 29, 2019
Hello house. A very happy sunday to you. Please who can assist with cambridge ielts questions 12- the latest. Its urgent please.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ChiefDaddy1: 11:18am On Dec 29, 2019
ucheuju:

Good morning ChiefDaddy1,

,Please,how much does it cost to process an undergraduate transcript from university of Ibadan?

Kindly help with a contact as well.

Thank you.

Im sorry I have no idea on undergraduate only masters
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 29, 2019
Joshmuch:
Oga madam, please I have some questions:
Is T-bills still available to individual ( cos I was hearing just for companies as at now)?
How long should it be in the bank?
Can I do T-bills for what I have for now and add to it later?

Thanks in advance

There are two types of Treasury Bills-NTB issued by the Debt Management Office of the Federal Government and OMO issued by the Central Bank. Locals cannot buy OMO but you can buy NTB from your bank in the secondary market.

You can by NGN1mio of 20 July 2020 maturity for example and buy an extra NGN1mio of that same maturity date at a later time, it may not be at the same rate though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by blissnenye: 12:10pm On Dec 29, 2019
Thank you so much sis.

CanadianBae:
You'll not believe that I just thought of you and if you have gotten PPR, only for me to see your post. Congratulations to you and your family
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Joshmuch: 12:11pm On Dec 29, 2019
Mamaroon:

There are two types NTB issues by the Debt Management Office of the Federal Government and OMO issued by the Centeal Bank. Locals cannot buy OMO but you can buy NTB from your bank in the secondary market.

You can by NGN1mio of 20 July 2020 maturity for example and buy an extra NGN1mio of that same maturity date at a later time, it may not be at the same rate though.
Thanks, my POF ain't up to the required yet, can I invest what I have and later top it up?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 29, 2019
Joshmuch:
Thanks, my POF ain't up to the required yet, can I invest what I have and later top it up?

As far as I am aware, its not really a top up. You may be able to buy the same maturity you bought previously, if it is available, otherwise you could purchase another maturity close to the previous one. Ask your bank though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by tysaxmalomo: 12:26pm On Dec 29, 2019
Good afternoon all,
Wanted to confirm if anyone had seen the page on the CIC where certain degrees have a different selection on the express entry portal
Below is the link

https://www. canada. ca/en/immigration-refugees- citizenship/services /immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility /education-assessed /read-report. html

Just want to know the veracity and if it’s possible to use it for LOE while explaining certain aspects of someone’s application.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by vjre: 12:27pm On Dec 29, 2019
Congratulations.
blissnenye:
Thank you so much sis.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MCHI24: 12:42pm On Dec 29, 2019
[quote author=blissnenye post=85296799]Meanwhile, my people I had an early Christmas gif. Congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ovy92(f): 1:00pm On Dec 29, 2019
Huge Congratulations
blissnenye:
Meanwhile, my people I had an early Christmas gift and I am grateful to God.

ECA for PA: June 29, 2019
ECA for spouse July 24,2019
IELTS: May 23 (PA) LRSW: 8.5,9,7.5,7.5
IELTS: May 11(Spouse) 7.5, 6, 7, 6.5. Can't remember exact scores actually
ITA: July 24
AOR: September 10
PPR: December 23

Started ECA for hubby and I in April April9 2019
ECA for spouse July 24, 2019
IELTS: May 23, 2019(PA) LRSW: 8.5,9,7.5,7.5
IELTS: May 11,2019(Spouse) 7.5, 6, 7, 6.5. Can't remember exact scores actually
ITA: July 24,2019
MEP and BIL: September 24, 2019
AOR: September 10,2019
Caught the GU December 20, 2019
PPR: December 23,2019
AOR to PPR: 3 months and 13days
No ADR
Family of 4
Raised CSE only once to know my VO and VO was Ottawa

Started ECA for hubby and I in April April and got the PPR mail December 23 at 11:07pm. I am so grateful to God that a journey of 8months have ended in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 1:36pm On Dec 29, 2019
Spicyme:

Your score in listening is poor. I think you'll have to rewrite and aim for a minimum of 8 in listening.
I have started practice but I have never gone past 36. Do you know good tips? I got lost 6 times in the hall that day. Though, I should learn from first attempt but I ain’t doing better still. Sad, I must say.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by tollybb: 1:58pm On Dec 29, 2019
Am surely starting the process next year and I hope to share my testimony this time next year... I was really hoping I will get married first so I can start the process with my hubby but no hubby yet so I guess I start the process as a single lady then... embarassed
I really want to share my testimony too...
Congratulations to everyone..

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.