Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1330087 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kolping: 2:22pm On Oct 18, 2019
Con gusto.

Congrats! It is valid for life. Keep it safe and secure.

The NIN is the equivalent to the American Social Security number (SSN), the Canadian Social Insurance Number (SIN) or the UK National Insurance Number (NI Number, NINO).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_identification_number

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erp8IAUouus

chanceux:
Oh Wow. That's explanatory. Gracias..

One more thing, I got mine back in 2012 in school. It's still valid right?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Tessie89: 2:51pm On Oct 18, 2019
Venom104:

Thank you. How many days before or after was the speaking test?

I guess depend on how early you register, mine was done on Thur and test on sat. I heard they started on Monday.

All writing materials were provided and they provided transport from a pick up location as there was environmental on d test day.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bankyh1905(m): 2:51pm On Oct 18, 2019
@Bolded: No it's not. It has an expiry period of 5 years. I was looking at my card as I typed this response.
@Italicized: Not yet. It's not linked to any form of "social insurance" for now.

PS: Wikipedia is not always a dependable source of info.

Kolping:
Con gusto.

The NIN is the equivalent to the American Social Security number (SSN), the Canadian Social Insurance Number (SIN) or the UK National Insurance Number (NI Number, NINO).

chanceux:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by chanceux: 2:59pm On Oct 18, 2019
bankyh1905:
@Bolded: No it's not. It has an expiry period of 5 years. I was looking at my card as I typed this response.
@Italicized: Not yet. It's not linked to any form of "social insurance" for now.

No, not really. The card is what expires but not the number. The number stays with you for life until the person is pronounced dead. Even after, the number cannot be reassigned to another person. It's on their website https://www.nimc.gov.ng/about-nin/

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bankyh1905(m): 3:06pm On Oct 18, 2019
Oh, I see. It can be likened to an ATM card number, then. When I renewed my card, the number remained the same.
chanceux:
No, not really. The card is what expires but not the number. The number stays with you for life until the person is pronounced dead. Even after, the number cannot be reassigned to another person. It's on their website https://www.nimc.gov.ng/about-nin/
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eraytee: 3:09pm On Oct 18, 2019
please does the paper print out too expire? did mine in 2016 and up till now no card was issued, what a failed system we have. things like this is what strengthens me to see this canny EE till the end. so imagine when you have to pay for renewal of a card you never had? nonsense

chanceux:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kolping: 3:10pm On Oct 18, 2019
In Nigeria, the National Identification Number (NIN) is the unique number for verifying an individual's identity, connecting to his/her biometric detaisl on the National Identity Database.

The NIN is valid for life. It does not expire. Just like your American SSN, Canadian SIN or UK NI Number.

The National e-ID Card is a card and like all cards issued by organizations and governments, they have a validity period. The Card is issued to every registered person 16 years and above.
Your NIN alone works without the e-ID Card.
https://www.nimc.gov.ng/nin-in-simple-images/

All citizens and legal residents in Nigeria, from age zero (birth) and above are eligible to enrol for their NINs.

It is mandatory for every citizen and legal resident to enrol for the National Identification Number (NIN).

https://www.nimc.gov.ng/about-nin/
---
A national identification number, national identity number, or national insurance number is used by the governments of many countries as a means of tracking their citizens, permanent residents, and temporary residents for the purposes of work, taxation, government benefits, health care, and other governmentally-related functions. The number appears on identity documents issued by several countries.

Many countries issued such numbers for a singular purpose, but over time, they become a de facto national identification number. For example, the United States developed its Social Security number (SSN) system [/b]as a means of organizing disbursing of Social Security benefits. [b]However, due to function creep, the number has become used for other purposes to the point where it is almost essential to have one to, among other things, open a bank account, obtain a credit card, or drive a car.

---
NATIONAL IDENTITY MANAGEMENT COMMISSION ACT, 2007
MANDATORY USE OF THE NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER REGULATIONS, 2017
[26th Day of October, 2017] Commencement.

In exercise of the powers conferred on it by sections 27 (1) (l) and 31 of the National Identity Management Commission Act, 2007 and all other powers enabling it in that behalf, the National Identity Management Commission (“the Commission”) makes the following Regulations —

PART I—PRELIMINARY PROVISIONS
1.—(1) In accordance with the provisions of section 27(1)(l) of the Act, the use of the National Identification Number (NIN) shall be mandatory for the following additional transactions—
(a) registration for and provision and use of hospitality services ;
(b) registration and licensing for and use of health or medical services ;
(c) application for the adoption of an infant, child or person under applicable laws ;
(d) purchase and registration of Aircrafts, Ships, Boats, Motor Vehicles and Motor Cycles ;
(e) change of ownership of aircrafts, ships, boats, motor vehicles and motor cycles ;
(f) registration and use of aviation services by airline operators and customers
(g) purchase of travel tickets or tokens for air, rail, road and water transportation ;
(h) boarding of aircrafts, trains, commercial vehicles, ships and boats ;
(i) registration for and purchase of insurance policies ;
(j) acquisition, sale or transfer or transmission of shares or equities and other financial instruments ;
(k) registration and licensing of cybercafé operators ;
(l) verification of users of cybercafé services ;
(m) recruitments for temporary and permanent employment ;
(n) enrolment or registration for internal and external examinations with educational and examination boards ;
(o) enrolment into primary, secondary and tertiary schools and continuous professional studies in Nigeria ;
(p) registration and eligibility for bursary and other social benefits ;
(q) registration and membership of professional bodies ;
(r) eligibility and documentation for provision of welfare services by government agencies and other non-governmental institutions ;

(s) registration of companies, sole proprietorships, partnerships and non- profit organizations and other post-incorporation documentation with the Corporate Affairs Commission ;
(t) documentation of arrested and convicted persons ;
(u) filing and registration of criminal and civil actions in courts or other arbitration processes ;
(v) payment of emoluments ;
(w) import and export of products, commodities or goods ;
(x) purchase and registration of telephone SIM Card and other communication devices ;
(y) licensing of telecommunication vendors ;
(z) licensing and registration of clearing and forwarding agents ;
(aa) identification and registration of refugees and internally displaced persons ;
(bb) issuance of birth certificates ;
(cc) provision of consular services ;
(dd) issuance of driver’s license ;

(ee) registration for pilgrims or provision of pilgrims services ;
(ff) registration or documentation of pensioners ;
() registration for the issuance of travelling documents ;
(hh) registration of voters ;

(ii) tax identification ;
(jj) operating a bank account ;
(kk) cashing in on financial instruments ;
(ll) purchase and sale of foreign currency in banks and bureau de change ;
(mm)documentation for loans ;
(nn) registration and licensing of security companies ;
(oo) executing any contract or business agreement ; (pp) tenancy agreements
(qq) obtaining and processing of probate documents ;
(rr) all transactions involving the acquisition, use or transfer of parcel of land or landed properties ;
(ss) any transaction, contract or agreement for a valuable consideration and for the transfer of any interest, tangible or intangible ; and
(tt) application for or biding for any Local, State or Federal Government jobs or contracts or accessing any benefits from any intervention programme whether via a created portal or manual application.

(2) It shall be mandatory for government agencies listed in the First Schedule to these Regulations which offer services listed in sub-regulation (1) of this regulation to—
(a) require any person transacting with them to produce his NIN ; and
(b) verify and authenticate the person or NIN so provided in the National Identity Database using the following means of verification or authentication—
(i) real time online verification from the NIMC Verification Service Platform,
(ii) Card Acceptance Device (CAD), (iii) Card Reading Device, or (iv) a combination of the means stated in this paragraph.

https://www.nimc.gov.ng/docs/MandatoryNIN_Gazetted_2017.pdf
---
bankyh1905:

Kolping:
Con gusto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erp8IAUouus

chanceux:

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by wale200: 3:12pm On Oct 18, 2019
Pls kindly help calculate CRS point for someone. Bsc. Married. 33yrs old. Spouse nt following (for now). 8777. Worked more than 3yrs. NOC A. Thanks. May God bless you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bankyh1905(m): 3:17pm On Oct 18, 2019
You can DIY - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
wale200:
Pls kindly help calculate CRS point for someone. Bsc. Married. Spouse nt following (for now). 8777. Worked more than 3yrs. NOC A. Thanks. May God bless you.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kingkhalil: 3:20pm On Oct 18, 2019
Looks like a 444 kinda score

wale200:
Pls kindly help calculate CRS point for someone. Bsc. Married. 33yrs old. Spouse nt following (for now). 8777. Worked more than 3yrs. NOC A. Thanks. May God bless you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by wale200: 3:20pm On Oct 18, 2019
bankyh1905:
You can DIY - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Pls I'm not lazy. I just wanted to be sure. There are options that keep confusing me there. Pls help me House.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 3:28pm On Oct 18, 2019
wale200:

Pls I'm not lazy. I just wanted to be sure. There are options that keep confusing me there. Pls help me House.
do it yourself that's how the journey starts

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Omoolope2023: 3:31pm On Oct 18, 2019
Good afternoon my family on the journey. Please I am asking for a friend. Below is what happened.

She was offered admission for Masters in NB but the student permit was refused, I think because she applied also for her 4 years son who is an American citizen as an accompanying dependant.

She is now considering the PR option since she has another foreign masters from Scotland.

The issue is now on her surname, since she married she has not done change of name to her husband's surname. For some reasons, she is no more comfortable doing change of name which she has my sympathy on the unfolding situation. She would have claimed single but in the student visa application, she indicated married because of her son.

The big question: How will she claim the son is hers since she do not not want to do change of name and not ready to put her husband name in the application?

Veterans, this is a serious issue because I have been trying to wrap my head around the idea to use on this matter.

Now my question, how will she convince visa officer that the boy is hers because the husband cannot surface on the PR application for any reason.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by elohim24: 3:35pm On Oct 18, 2019
Omoolope2023:
Good afternoon my family on the journey. Please I am asking for a friend. Below is what happened.

She was offered admission for Masters in NB but the student permit was refused, I think because she applied also for her 4 years son who is an American citizen as an accompanying dependant.

She is now considering the PR option since she has another foreign masters from Scotland.

The issue is now on her surname, since she married she has not done change of name to her husband's surname. For some reasons, she is no more comfortable doing change of name which she has my sympathy on the unfolding situation. She would have claimed single but in the student visa application, she indicated married because of her son.

The big question: How will she claim the son is hers since she do not not want to do change of name and not ready to put her husband name in the application?

Veterans, this is a serious issue because I have been trying to wrap my head around the idea to use on this matter.

Now my question, how will she convince visa officer that the boy is hers because the husband cannot surface on the PR application for any reason.

Unless she's divorced.... once you've claimed married, only divorce or death can change that status

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by wale200: 3:49pm On Oct 18, 2019
kingkhalil:

Thanks bro. God bless you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 4:02pm On Oct 18, 2019
kingkhalil:

bsc alone is you re under 30 and max ielts is 441. So 444 for someone 33 is wrong
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 4:04pm On Oct 18, 2019
Omoolope2023:
Good afternoon my family on the journey.

this is how people get 5 years ban. If you/she don't want the husband in the application get a divorce. He also must give consent for the child to travel. Change of name after marriage is also.not compulsory

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Fabguen: 4:05pm On Oct 18, 2019
kingkhalil:

Generally, the maximim CRS with a BSc is 441 with maximum IELTS (w/o siblings, French or extra credential)

33 means losing 20 points.

so 444 is highly unlikely
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ladymarshall: 4:14pm On Oct 18, 2019
@bold does not influence your crs score
Ifemide123:
Please how do I increase my CRS score o kiss
Maybe I didn't calculate it well
Data
Age; 24, Single
EDUCATION : BSC
IELTS: LRSW 8,8,8,7.5
I input my dad's cousin as a family
I have NYSC as a one year job experience
But I have a skilled job of 3years experience(dunno if this will count)

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Hocmeum: 4:15pm On Oct 18, 2019
kapelvej:
please are you very sure. I am really confused. Because I am not going to practice there.just management position

I just confirmed from some one down there. He says u have to do verification through MCC
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Omoolope2023: 4:23pm On Oct 18, 2019
ednut1:
this is how people get 5 years ban. If you/she don't want the husband in the application get a divorce. He also must give consent for the child to travel. Change of name after marriage is also.not compulsory

since you said change of name is not compulsory.

below is an example of passport name they currently hold .

husband; Akani victor yemi
wife. haruna Ruth Kemi
son; Akani samue bunmi.

does this reflect same family since she is not changing name but she can claim unaccompanying spouse.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 4:26pm On Oct 18, 2019
Omoolope2023:

wife. haruna Ruth Kemi
son; Akani samue bunmi.

does this reflect same family since she is not changing name but she can claim unaccompanying spouse.
there is marriage certifiate and birth certificate for the child . non accompanying spouse still has to do medicals and proof of funds provided . so it cannot done behind his back

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Venom104: 4:32pm On Oct 18, 2019
Tessie89:

I guess depend on how early you register, mine was done on Thur and test on sat. I heard they started on Monday.

All writing materials were provided and they provided transport from a pick up location as there was environmental on d test day.

Thank you Tessie.. You've been more than helpful.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Omoolope2023: 4:43pm On Oct 18, 2019
ednut1:

there is marriage certifiate and birth certificate for the child . non accompanying spouse still has to do medicals and proof of funds provided . so it cannot done behind his back

I think i will just tell to follow your counsel except anyone has contrary opinion.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 18, 2019
bankyh1905:
Congratulations on this life changing achievement! Your wait has ended in praise. For the little you've shared, you score 3.5/10. Go forth and prosper in your new country.

Lol harsh teacher grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Debsify: 4:54pm On Oct 18, 2019
ISonya:
It's PPR!!!
The excitement has passed and it is starting to dawn on me that there's so much to be done.

All the best to those still waiting.
Congrats

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by chanceux: 4:56pm On Oct 18, 2019
wale200:

honestly, this journey requires you taking the initiative. You can run the simulation and then tell us where you feel you could be wrong and we'll help from there

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by chanceux: 4:58pm On Oct 18, 2019
ladymarshall:
@bold does not influence your crs score
That bolded part influences the score na. She can claim relative points with it..

Oh wait, "Dad's cousin"?? That sounds like distant relative. I doubt she can claim those 15 points
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Hocmeum: 5:00pm On Oct 18, 2019
Omoolope2023:

wife. haruna Ruth Kemi
son; Akani samue bunmi.

She can use her maiden name. Then get an affidavit that she is married, but still bears her maiden name, submitting all required marriage documents, certificate etc.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SapphireFort(f): 5:04pm On Oct 18, 2019
Wes evaluation package costs $210 excluding delivery. Open a profile and add all you want to evaluate. The total cost will be calculated for you.[/quote]

I went on WES website to see the process and price for evaluation but i am confused as to the actual price, is it $145 or $100 for the evaluation of degree please?

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SapphireFort(f): 5:06pm On Oct 18, 2019
charlfay:

I went on WES website to see the process and price for evaluation but i am confused as to the actual price, is it $145 or $100 for the evaluation of degree please?

$210 for WES evaluation package excluding delivery cost

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Demoore11: 5:26pm On Oct 18, 2019
Hello house,

Is there a WhatsApp group for Accra VO? Can someone please help me with the link?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.