Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,433 members, 7,812,284 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1330925 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mrsc22: 10:43am On Jan 25, 2020
Yes it will.

stephoye:
Please will ND and HND be counted as having two certificates
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by stephoye: 10:50am On Jan 25, 2020
Chukwuemekatehi:

Yes and if you are below 30, try your best to get at least 8.5 777, trust God, you are a bit closer to your dream.
Thanks. I have ICAN as well although I'm above 30 but I have 8 experience as an Accountant. I'm planning to write EILTS
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Chrisdada16(f): 10:58am On Jan 25, 2020
zezebabyxoxo:
Hi Team, please I have a quick question. I have gotten ITA but the earliest date for my medical appointment is 17th of March while the last day for submission of documents is 23rd of March. There is a good chance that the medicals won’t be ready before submission. The hospital has refused to give an earlier date. Please what is the best way around this?

All you need is a slip to upload after your medicals. U can still go for 17th..and submit 18-19 if all other documents are ready

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ogbeniDM: 10:59am On Jan 25, 2020
Thank you, does the remark still take up to 8weeks
Mrsc22:
We are in same boat o. I am extremely sad:
LSRW: 7.5, 8, 8.5, 7. Overall: 8.

I have requested a remark for L and W. If L doesn’t change, W may and i will get a refund.
You can do remark for L, S and W.
So if one change, you will at least get a refund.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Scandinavian02: 11:39am On Jan 25, 2020
Landing Gist!
Lagos-Cassabalanca- Montreal - Ottawa 18-01-2019

We decided to use this route because the Royal Air Maroc to Cassablanca was relatively cheap and we can also get to Ottawa in 2 hours by bus. The flight itinerary was:
Lagos to Cassablanca - 6:30 to 11am
Cassablanca to Montreal - 5pm to 7pm (Montreal time )

Since my wife was doing soft landing we decided to take the children to my parent’s house after school on Friday and also show one of my boys where to bring the car after dropping us at the Airport on Saturday 18/01 but my mum would not hear anything like she not coming to the airport since we are going to leave by 2.am. I tried to prevail to her that I have already made arrangements for who would drop us off and come back to drop the car and all that. She insisted she would follow us and that’s her tradition for all her children. We left to complete our packing at home, do our scaling and worship and at past 1am mum drove into our home so we can all leave by 2am.

We arrived MMIA at about 3am with 4 Nos 23kg Musibau’s bags, 2 hand luggage and one laptop bag which was fully stuffed. We had a total of 7 bags, my wife bought a big travelling bag she called hand luggage and they refused to accept it cos it won’t go into the upper compartment, so we had to buy a small GMG for #700 and moved her things there.

Once the Agric guys sighted us at MMIA, they requested we moved our bags to their section and since I was travelling with a lot of foodstuff, I paid #2000 and got receipt.

We proceeded to weigh our bags and noticed some even weighing as much as 26kg sef Mogbeee. This woman has killed me with load! Na so we start permutations and combinations and finally arrived at:
First Musibau’s bag: 23.8kg
Second: 23.6kg
Third: 23.8kg
Last: 23.4kg
Hand luggage 1: 10.2kg
Hand luggage 2: 10.4kg
Backpack that had our laptops wasn’t weighed. We sha checked them in and squared the woman 1k. When I turned to leave, one of them asked why I had hand luggage and backpack and called the woman I already squared 1k, she just told me in case of next time, don’t do it ooooo.

Gave customs #200 and immigration #400. Wifey already changed plenty #200 for them sef.

Boarded at about 5am and you can’t be in Naija without any sort of drama at all, we noticed that the upper compartment was full to the brim and this man was seated at 13C had his luggage in the compartment of a woman on 16B, she say she no go gree oo and kassala bursted cos there was no where for her hand luggage. The man and woman begin fight and abuse each other till crew enter come separate them. The flight to Cassablanca was uneventful as plane was an old one and the food was crappy. Thank God we had our snacks although I enjoyed their yogurt sha. We landed Cassablanca at about 11am and the weather was so nice at 18degrees+sunshine.
We stayed at the lounge with WIFI till 4pm when we boarded our 8-hour flight to Montreal.

We took off at about 5.45pm and touched down Montreal at 7.45pm (Montreal Time). The plane was newer bigger and more comfortable. It was a boing 747 or so with a screen for each person, I watched BODYGUARD, SALT then blasted jams from my village sister Celina Odiong (Celine Dion) and slept off. The food was just there but I enjoyed the snacks and drinks. In Montreal, I loved the English and French interplay, almost every official could speak both, once they speak French and you respond in English, they switch to English. We joined the queue and uses the self service point to scan our passports and complete the declaration, got our printout and moved to Immigration. They officer then beckoned us to Border service but we missed that and rather went to the carousel for our luggage, after getting our luggage, we went through other checks and saw ourselves facing exit from airport, na so I shout madam, dem never sign our COPR and see us going out of the airport, village people cannot win me when I don reach Canada, We made a U-turn and guys, these people are very helpful, everyone wants to assist you. We explained to an officer who was so shocked to see us get to that point without our passport stamped in or our COpr signed. She took us back to the Immigration, customs and border services and did the explanation, they searched us and took us back to where we missed it but kept out luggage at their office.

Immigration and Border service asked if we have ever been convicted or refused entry into Canada. Asked when our children are coming. Talked on when and how to apply for child benefit for my children. Advised me not to courier the PR card but should send it through a trusted person so it doesn’t get missing. Requested for an estimate of what we brought into Canada. Asked if we have GTF and would bring other items. Cancelled our immigrants visa and explained that henceforth, it is PR Card or PR visa. We signed our COPR and uttered those nice and scintillating words “ Congratulations, you are now permanent residents of Canada. Welcome to Canada and have fun.” She didn’t take my sister’s address for the PR card but advised that I fill it online, I asked why and she said some people don’t have addresses when they land so they decided PRs should go to the cic site and do it themselves. They Customs/Agric asked again if we had foodstuff and I said No, but herbs and spices. He asked specifically if I had fish? I said yes, dried fish but nothing was searched.

By the time we were done, it was 10pm and our Grey hound bus to Ottawa for 9pm has already left, thank God say we never pay. The next was to be by 12midnight so we waited. We made our first friend, Paschal who just arrived from Gabon with a study visa for an undergraduate programme in UOttawa but speaks French and a smattering English. He was almost refused entry and was delayed but was later cleared and missed his bus to Ottawa too, so we all chilled together in the Airport. We got talking and realized we were on the same flight from Cassablanca. Our 12 midnight bus was cancelled due to weather and have to wait till 4am for the next bus to Ottawa. We were later to understand that that bus won’t show up till 11am cos the weather is really bad. So this same black guy who gave us this info asked if we are willing to go downtown with his truck and just give him something for gas. Three of us jumped at the offer and moved our luggage to the truck. He gisted us how he’s been here for 21 years and still not used to the weather. Asked us our country and when he heard Nigeria and Gabon switched the Jams to Davido, Olamide etc. We got to Downtown and gave him CAD30 for his troubles. At 7.30 we got a greyhound bust to Ottawa and my sister was at the bus station to pick us while pascal waited for his friend to pick him to Gatineau.

Canada at last! This country will favour us.

98 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Metrics4tea: 12:02pm On Jan 25, 2020
Metrics4tea:
please I want to ask if sending both the transcript and the degree certificate together to WES by the university is ok or is it only the transcript. Thank you

please someone should help me out
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by carissaa(f): 12:22pm On Jan 25, 2020
Wendyok:
Please house....what is the best Evaluation to use for unilag....I need a simpler n faster service....
Unilag process is slow.....
1. Find any evaluation agency that will allow them email the transcript directly to the school instead of courier. This might help.
2. UNILAG is super slow so if you can find someone who can help you fast track it, then, we move. If not? Na oyo you dey o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bankyh1905(m): 12:28pm On Jan 25, 2020
Congratulations bro. Thank you for sharing this gist, it's as if it was directed at me. I'm Ottawa-bound too. I find that landing gists are scarce for the city, especially on the Sister thread.
Scandinavian02:
Landing Gist!

We arrived MMIA at about 3am with 4 Nos 23kg Musibau’s bags...I just chatted with this man this morning. I see I'm on the right track.

In Montreal, I loved the English and French interplay, almost every official could speak both, once they speak French and you respond in English, they switch to English. Cool, I look forward to conversing in French here. grin

She didn’t take my sister’s address for the PR card but advised that I fill it online, I asked why and she said some people don’t have addresses when they land so they decided PRs should go to the cic site and do it themselves. Cool, this confirms what I've been told by counselors.

Canada at last! This country will favour us. May Canada favor you.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mrsc22: 12:33pm On Jan 25, 2020
No, 2 to 21days.

ogbeniDM:
Thank you, does the remark still take up to 8weeks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mrsc22: 12:39pm On Jan 25, 2020
Congrats!

[quote author=Scandinavian02 post=86093999]Landing Gist!

We decided to use this route because the Royal Air Maroc to Cassablanca was relatively cheap and we can also get to Ottawa in 2 hours by bus. The flight itinerary was: anca to Montreal - 5pm to 7pm (Montreal time )

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Reelee: 12:48pm On Jan 25, 2020
Metrics4tea:

please someone should help me out

Yes, the school can send both the transcript and certificate to WES. If they are unable to send the certificate, you can do it yourself by using any online fax service.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by amaya21: 1:50pm On Jan 25, 2020
All you need to worry about is uploading the slip you are given on the day of the medicals. When the hospital uploads results really isn't your business. Or try a different hospital.

zezebabyxoxo:
Hi Team, please I have a quick question. I have gotten ITA but the earliest date for my medical appointment is 17th of March while the last day for submission of documents is 23rd of March. There is a good chance that the medicals won’t be ready before submission. The hospital has refused to give an earlier date. Please what is the best way around this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Katherine98: 2:12pm On Jan 25, 2020
Please who has used WES for Unilag HRDC? please I have some questions
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by browneyes7(f): 2:14pm On Jan 25, 2020

We decided to use this route because the Royal Air Maroc to Cassablanca was relatively cheap and we can also get to Ottawa in 2 hours by bus. The flight itinerary was:
Lagos to Cassablanca - 6:30 to 11am
Cassablanca to Montreal - 5pm to 7pm (Montreal time )

Since my wife was doing soft landing we decided to take the children to my parent’s house after school on Friday and also show one of my boys where to bring the car after dropping us at the Airport on Saturday 18/01 but my mum would not hear anything like she not coming to the airport since we are going to leave by 2.am. I tried to prevail to her that I have already made arrangements for who would drop us off and come back to drop the car and all that. She insisted she would follow us and that’s her tradition for all her children. We left to complete our packing at home, do our scaling and worship and at past 1am mum drove into our home so we can all leave by 2am.

We arrived MMIA at about 3am with 4 Nos 23kg Musibau’s bags, 2 hand luggage and one laptop bag which was fully stuffed. We had a total of 7 bags, my wife bought a big travelling bag she called hand luggage and they refused to accept it cos it won’t go into the upper compartment, so we had to buy a small GMG for #700 and moved her things there.

Awwwww congrats
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eagles92(m): 2:40pm On Jan 25, 2020
Oluwa, make the next draw come down by at least 5 points.

471 is too high sad sad

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ifyjip(f): 2:54pm On Jan 25, 2020
ogbeniDM:
Hello house,

I am in pains!

Just checked my IELTS results and I had 7.5 in listening, still don't know how.
LSRW : 7.5,7.5,8,7.5 overall 7.5

However, I need the magic 8 in listening...
with this score i'll be on 415, but the 8 in listening will take me to a whooping 473 is it advisable to remark only listening? I really don't want to take this exam again and I dont have time either.

I'm confused

Exam was paper based with MOD
I will write in feb and if I get a grade like this I will Bless God,
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ifyjip(f): 2:59pm On Jan 25, 2020
Iranoladun:
Hello everyone,
Thanks for all your help and guidance.

My IELTS scores are:
L-7.5
S-7.5
R-8
W-6
Overall 7.5

IELTS was done in Dec 2019

I just got my ECA from WES - Bsc and Master but age is not on my side.

Should I re-write IELTS or create a profile with my present results and ECA??

Kindly help!
no need rewriting read up SINP and Occupation In Demand OID.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ucham: 3:19pm On Jan 25, 2020
amaya21:
How? Is an uncle a sibling to you? Na wa

No vex uncle. You know sey them talk sey who dey ask question no dey loss.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ifyjip(f): 3:22pm On Jan 25, 2020
Eagles92:
Oluwa, make the next draw come down by at least 5 points.

471 is too high sad sad
this Canadian immigration system has like 4 or more options I dont know why all of you just like the Federal level, there is PNP, OID, SINP, AIPP and the rest I think there is still Expression Of Interest or so. They will give you like 600 point to uplift you. Every body want to do Express Entry only I know 5 people on this thread that got their ITA in a space of 3weeks of entering the pool.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by davichido(m): 4:04pm On Jan 25, 2020
Hello good people. I am new here. Please i need assistance with how to start the process. I am 39yrs my wife is 34yrs. I have bsc, ican, citn and my wife has bmls and we have three kids. Any info or link on how to take the first step atleast will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ogbeniDM: 4:04pm On Jan 25, 2020
Wow, I thought that's for computer based
Mrsc22:
No, 2 to 21days.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 4:13pm On Jan 25, 2020
ifyjip:
this Canadian immigration system has like 4 or more options I dont know why all of you just like the Federal level, there is PNP, OID, SINP, AIPP and the rest I think there is still Expression Of Interest or so. They will give you like 600 point to uplift you. Every body want to do Express Entry only I know 5 people on this thread that got their ITA in a space of 3weeks of entering the pool.
This is just like a case of OND graduates doing jamb instead of direct entry. Its a game of numbers. The federal has over 86k slots per year. Pnp has 67k both oid and ee based. How many people can meet the requirements of pnp. For many you need job offer for some its random selection.
Manitoba- must have relatives there. Sinp- Education must match , your noc must be in demand and also score 69 points or more. How many can meet it For AIpP where do you wanna get job offer . Some people with ppr never see job why should an employer overlook them and come for you in faraway nigeria that maybe use 1 year to get the PR. If you check nairaland you won't find more than 3 people who have been able to crack aipp.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by elohim24: 4:16pm On Jan 25, 2020
ifyjip:
Well, there's more to other programmes.. e.g restriction on landing, NOC, POF to have been in the account for certain period and application fee. FSW gives you certain freedom. I'm waiting for my spouse ECA before entering the pool also. I have mine and I'll be writing IELTS by February. Hoping to max out and with spouse's 7777, we'll be on 468. As an immigration officer, my noc is not in demand. My other noc as construction engineer has been side hustle . What would you have me do?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lexzi: 4:26pm On Jan 25, 2020
Woow!! Congratulations!! I key into your awesome timeline by faith
kingkhalil:
It's PPRRRRRRR.

AOR: October 16
VO: Ottawa.

Full story coming soon

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Onlinebiz247: 4:27pm On Jan 25, 2020
do i need to write IELTS before filling out the form , please i need someone that can guide me on this express skilled immigration process.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by weirdarkhitekt(m): 4:28pm On Jan 25, 2020
ifyjip:

This your yarn is OMSS

please go and do these things then come back and look at this your statement again

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 25, 2020
ifyjip:
your problem is ignorance and lack of knowledge. Go and do AIPP lets see how it goes first or do Saskatchewan PNP with 61 points. lmao

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lexzi: 4:37pm On Jan 25, 2020
Congrats to you and yours!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by weirdarkhitekt(m): 4:40pm On Jan 25, 2020
Kekereekun123:
your problem is ignorance and lack of knowledge. Go and do AIPP lets see how it goes first or do Saskatchewan PNP with 61 points. lmao

She can even be ignorant on her own without misleading people. told someone with 7 in listening not to retake IELTS ffs

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ijeoma7: 4:53pm On Jan 25, 2020
Hello all, please I need someone to put me through on this, I am an Optician I work with a private clinic,what the owner of the clinic does is that he pays me 1/3 of whatever I make in a day, this is based on the number of patients I attend to everyday, these funds do not pass through my account because I'm been paid by cash. My question is how do I convince CIC that for the past 4 years I was been paid by cash.
The only structured employement I have so far is my 1 year paid internship in a federal medical centre.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eraytee: 5:21pm On Jan 25, 2020
well said bro except @bold is wrong, the minimum score to qualify you for SINP is 60 points, am a candidate in their pool. it will end in praise for us all.

ednut1:

This is just like a case of OND graduates doing jamb instead of direct entry. Its a game of numbers. The federal has over 86k slots per year. Pnp has 67k both oid and ee based. How many people can meet the requirements of pnp. For many you need job offer for some its random selection.
Manitoba- must have relatives there. Sinp- Education must match , your noc must be in demand and also score 69 points or more. How many can meet it For AIpP where do you wanna get job offer . Some people with ppr never see job why should an employer overlook them and come for you in faraway nigeria that maybe use 1 year to get the PR. If you check nairaland you won't find more than 3 people who have been able to crack aipp.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bankyh1905(m): 5:22pm On Jan 25, 2020
Let the employer include that you were paid in cash in your reference letter. Attach cash certificates, IF available.
Ijeoma7:
My question is how do I convince CIC that for the past 4 years I was been paid by cash.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.