Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,498 members, 7,816,187 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (436) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1333675 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 17, 2020
SunshineD1:
In view of the travel ban by Canada, many intending PRs cannot travel till the ban is lifted. What's gonna happen to the Airbnbs/hotels booked, air tickets... Oluwa bawa ba corona virus/covid19 wii o (God please stop the tide of the virus)
People traveling, especially those that have medicals expiring soon, how una dey cope?
which airbnb will want to accepts us after the ban is lifted self. we will need to self isolate. God is in control lol. my airline has not said anything about changing dates cant reach them
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by inafix2019: 11:29am On Mar 17, 2020
Gopulence:
Hello House, thank you for the awesome job done on this platform. I need your expert advice on Express Entry. My IELTS results was received earlier today 9,7,7,8 (LRWS) and my calculated CRS score is 441. Even if I max-out on IELTS , it will still be 447. Currently, EE has a cut-off of > 471. What do you advice me to do?
Applicant info _ Male, Age: 38, Marital status: separated, Education: Doctorate; Work experience: 3 years or more

Thank you.

Hello!

I was in your position (I was 37 years last year) and got the same advice you have gotten regarding learning French and writing TEF and looking at PNP.

Those are realistic options for only very few people who have a flare for Languages, are in occupations in demand or have relatives in certain provinces in Canada.

Please evaluate your circumstances and make the best decision for you fast. In my case, I initially started online French classes paying as much as (N5,000 per hour), bought text books and downloaded apps such as Duolingo. It was after about 3months I concluded TEF was not for me and all those funds had gone down the drain.

My wife is 6years younger than myself, so we later changed strategy and patiently got all she required to become the Principal Applicant and now we have gotten our COPR.

I ordinarily would have stopped here but permit me to go a little further, and please disregard and forgive me if it offends you (it is just an innocent word of advise). I see your Marital status says "Separated". It doesn't say "Divorced". If you have kids, I believe you embarked on this journey probably to secure a better future for them. So, if your wife is younger and has a Master's degree, and it is possible to work out a means of reaching a truce with your her (for the sake of the kids and for the sole purpose of immigration) to be the PA, kindly consider it.

CRS score cut offs aren't coming down anytime soon. Best to act fast.

Bottom line is because of age, with the exception of getting a job offer, getting a provincial nomination or getting a B2 level in TEF (all of which are a tall order for many) you are realistically unlikely (although I can't rule out a miracle) to make it through as the Principal applicant. Liaise with someone who can...

Please, don't be offended by my advice. I just wouldn't want you wasting money and time like I did. My profile as the PA, expired 3months ago after 12months, with no Notification of interest. All my Expression of interest profiles to Prince Edward island and Manitoba did not yield any nomination either. After spending money trying to learn French, I doubt I can even get an A1 or A2 level in TEF, yet you get NO points unless you get a minimum of B2 level in TEF.

35 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Crummy: 12:33pm On Mar 17, 2020
inafix2019:

Hello!

I was in your position (I was 37 years last year) and got the same advice you have gotten regarding learning French and writing TEF and looking at PNP.

Those are realistic options for only very few people who have a flare for Languages, are in occupations in demand or have relatives in certain provinces in Canada.

Please evaluate your circumstances and make the best decision for you fast. In my case, I initially started online French classes paying as much as (N5,000 per hour), bought text books and downloaded apps such as Duolingo. It was after about 3months I concluded TEF was not for me and all those funds had gone down the drain.

My wife is 6years younger than myself, so we later changed strategy and patiently got all she required to become the Principal Applicant and now we have gotten our COPR.

I ordinarily would have stopped here but permit me to go a little further, and please disregard and forgive me if it offends you (it is just an innocent word of advise). I see your Marital status says "Separated". It doesn't say "Divorced". If you have kids, I believe you embarked on this journey probably to secure a better future for them. So, if your wife is younger and has a Master's degree, and it is possible to work out a means of reaching a truce with your her (for the sake of the kids and for the sole purpose of immigration) to be the PA, kindly consider it.

CRS score cut offs aren't coming down anytime soon. Best to act fast.

Bottom line is because of age, with the exception of getting a job offer, getting a provincial nomination or getting a B2 level in TEF (all of which are a tall order for many) you are realistically unlikely (although I can't rule out a miracle) to make it through as the Principal applicant. Liaise with someone who can...

Please, don't be offended by my advice. I just wouldn't want you wasting money and time like I did. My profile as the PA, expired 3months ago after 12months, with no Notification of interest. All my Expression of interest profiles to Prince Edward island and Manitoba did not yield any nomination either. After spending money trying to learn French, I doubt I can even get an A1 or A2 level in TEF, yet you get NO points unless you get a minimum of B2 level in TEF.
you gave him a very good advice..... But he can also marry someone new, young with masters..... Lol

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by adanac13: 12:53pm On Mar 17, 2020
Chai!!!
Crummy:
you gave him a very good advice..... But he can also marry someone new, young with masters..... Lol

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ABSTRUSE: 1:04pm On Mar 17, 2020
amaya21:
Quite obviously you can add whatever is valid work experience over the last ten years, in approved NOCs of course.

I need help.
That's the only reason I'm still stuck.
I don't wanna get a five-year ban for doing the wrong thing.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by inafix2019: 1:04pm On Mar 17, 2020
Crummy:

I thought of that also, but there must be a reason the marriage has not been dissolved yet (there might be some hope of reconciliation maybe or there are kids involved. It would be bad to advise divorce for PR purpose).

When I said "liaise with SOMEONE who can...", I believed that if there was no hope or plan of salvaging the marriage, he will move on quickly (and wisely - considering age, masters, IELTS, POF, (add love too) grin) if this relocation plan was utmost on his mind.

Divorces in Nigeria also drag on for a long time because of the courts, so a quick decision will be best...

Please, again apologies for any misconstrued part of my comments.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 17, 2020
ABSTRUSE:

I need help.
That's the only reason I'm still stuck.
I don't wanna get a five-year ban for doing the wrong thing.
5 years ban applied to misrepresentation, fraud or deceit not mistakes. mistakes lead to refusals
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by finestboy1: 1:40pm On Mar 17, 2020
Hi Ebixxx. I wanted to ask you if having a Degree in Education is compulsory for NOC 4032.( Express Entry) Did your spouse have an Education Degree? Thanks.
ebixxx:

In my opinion, since you cannot change it, there is no point lossing sleep over it. Move on with gathering all you need for your application, and create your EE profile.

I don't think it makes much of a difference.
The marriage certificate is basically to confirm that you are married, so for that it will serve its purpose. Please do NOT be tempted to alter anything on your marriage certificate, else you will invalidate it and cannot be issued with an original replacement (although you can get a certified true copy which will still bear the same old info, so why put yourself through that stress).

My wife's designation on our marriage certificate was "corps member" and we claimed work experience as "teacher", yet no questions were asked.

Haven said the above, no two applications are the same. Have a plausible explanation for your situation ready, in the event you are asked. You said "that designation - 'Analyst' - was used freely by employees in your office and you performed similar roles", you can remix this as your explanation if ever you are asked directly to explain (which I doubt you will be).

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Crummy: 1:44pm On Mar 17, 2020
adanac13:
Chai!!!
it sounded cold abi? Lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Otujodaja: 1:46pm On Mar 17, 2020
Please I have a question, has anyone or heard of anyone that has successfully used the one year SURE-P work experience for express entry and got PR. Will appreciate responses. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mirian91(f): 1:52pm On Mar 17, 2020
Please can one get reference letter from previous employee pre-ITA?
ebixxx:

In my opinion, since you cannot change it, there is no point lossing sleep over it. Move on with gathering all you need for your application, and create your EE profile.

I don't think it makes much of a difference.
The marriage certificate is basically to confirm that you are married, so for that it will serve its purpose. Please do NOT be tempted to alter anything on your marriage certificate, else you will invalidate it and cannot be issued with an original replacement (although you can get a certified true copy which will still bear the same old info, so why put yourself through that stress).

My wife's designation on our marriage certificate was "corps member" and we claimed work experience as "teacher", yet no questions were asked.

Haven said the above, no two applications are the same. Have a plausible explanation for your situation ready, in the event you are asked. You said "that designation - 'Analyst' - was used freely by employees in your office and you performed similar roles", you can remix this as your explanation if ever you are asked directly to explain (which I doubt you will be).

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by amzienoni: 1:52pm On Mar 17, 2020
tibayo1:
Just sent it in. Do check your email.

Boss, please can you share the videos with me and any other relevant materials through shizie4038@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by AlbertaPikin: 2:00pm On Mar 17, 2020
Good afternoon guys.

Please how can I fast track wes secondary verification in unilag abeg??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ebixxx: 2:03pm On Mar 17, 2020
Mirian91:
Please can one get reference letter from previous employee pre-ITA?

YES you can.

Provided it is a place you have left, your letter can be obtained anytime after you resigned.

I'd advice you try to get everything you might need (payslips or salary certificate in addition to the reference letter, etc.) from them at once so you don't have any need to go back. Look through PPR stories on page 1 and know what applies to your situation.

But the letter from your current employer (if you are claiming work experience for your current job) should be as recent as possible...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ebixxx: 2:10pm On Mar 17, 2020
finestboy1:
Hi Ebixxx. I wanted to ask you if having a Degree in Education is compulsory for NOC 4032.( Express Entry) Did your spouse have an Education Degree? Thanks.

Hello!

It is not necessary at all, as it is presently not a prerequisite for getting a teaching job in Nigeria. The requirement is that you should be qualified to work in the role you claim in your country, and in Nigeria presently, you are allowed to teach without an education degree {I learnt they (Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria) are going to make changes to that soon though and insist that only those with education qualifications - NCE, BEd, PGDE - are qualified teachers, but it has not taken effect yet}.

My wife does not have an Education degree.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Otujodaja: 2:17pm On Mar 17, 2020
Please I have a question, has anyone or heard of anyone that has successfully used the one year SURE-P work experience for express entry and got PR. Will appreciate responses. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ebixxx: 2:36pm On Mar 17, 2020
Otujodaja:

Hello Otujodaja!

Sorry, I don't have any idea of exactly how the SURE-P program works but with what I have heard, you are posted to a school and you get paid monthly (sounds very similar to NYSC scheme if I am right).

IRCC does not know what SURE-P is. So I think you will be better of thinking of how to package your own application, with the wealth of resources on this thread (multiple experiences - must not be a SURE-P applicant's story alone).

All they (IRCC) are interested in is:
- Did you work? If yes, let your employer where you worked give you a reference letter stating your job duties and the duration of your employment. Any employment letter, posting letter, ID card can be a plus.
- Were you employed continuously for a period of at least 12months? If yes, your reference letter would cover for this. In addition, your account statement of salary payments is irrefutable proof of this.
- Were you paid? If yes, show them proof that it was not a voluntary role and you were paid a salary (your salary and mode of payment has to be stated on your reference letter and may be supported by salary account payments if available, payslips or salary certificate as applicable).

If you can answer yes to the above, you meet the minimum work experience requirement for express entry.
It could be in any employment (provided the job role / NOC falls in Categories A, B or O and NOT C or D) even if it is SURE-P.

Don't introduce any details to complicate your application.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by abeesawlah12345: 2:41pm On Mar 17, 2020
Good afternoon everyone.
Just for clarity....I've submitted my express entry profile, but it's not showing any dependent . Though I'm married with a child, but my husband is not accompanying. My question is that isn't it meant to show my son as a dependent, or am I missing out on any thing?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ebixxx: 2:45pm On Mar 17, 2020
abeesawlah12345:
Good afternoon everyone.
Just for clarity....I've submitted my express entry profile, but it's not showing any dependent . Though I'm married with a child, but my husband is not accompanying. My question is that isn't it meant to show my son as a dependent, or am I missing out on any thing?
Thanks

Hello!

You aren't missing anything.

There really wasn't a place to fill my kids' details in the EE profile when we applied (I doubt it has changed).

Your dependents will show (provision will be made for your child's details to be filled in) when you receive ITA and are completing your eAPR.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Bugzymallone: 2:47pm On Mar 17, 2020
abeesawlah12345:
Good afternoon everyone.
Thanks

It won’t show if it’s your child till you get your ITA to fill in details about your child.....if your spouse was accompanying his would have shown now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by abeesawlah12345: 2:47pm On Mar 17, 2020
Thank you so much @ebixxx
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by abeesawlah12345: 2:48pm On Mar 17, 2020
Thanks @Bugzymallone
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by abeesawlah12345: 2:49pm On Mar 17, 2020
Bugzymallone:

It won’t show if it’s your child till you get your ITA to fill in details about your child.....if your spouse was accompanying his would have shown now.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Otujodaja: 2:49pm On Mar 17, 2020
ebixxx:

Hello Otujodaja!

Sorry, I don't have any idea of exactly how the SURE-P program works but with what I have heard, you are posted to a school and you get paid monthly (sounds very similar to NYSC scheme if I am right).

IRCC does not know what SURE-P is. So I think you will be better of thinking of how to package your own application, with the wealth of resources (multiple experiences on this thread - must not be a SURE-P applicants story alone).

All they (IRCC) are interested in is:
- Did you work? If yes, let your employer where you worked give you a reference letter stating your job duties and the duration of your employment. Any employment letter, posting letter, ID card can be a plus.
- Were you employed continuously for a period of at least 12months? If yes, your reference letter would cover for this. In addition, your account statement of salary payments is irrefutable proof of this.
- Were you paid? If yes, show them proof that it was not a voluntary role and you were paid a salary (your salary and mode of payment has to be stated on your reference letter and may be supported by salary account payments if available, payslips or salary certificate as applicable).

If you can answer yes to the above, you meet the minimum work experience requirement for express entry.
It could be in any employment (provided the job role / NOC falls in Categories A, B or O and NOT C or D) even if it is SURE-P.

Don't introduce any details to complicate your application.

Thanks for the response, much appreciated. Gracias
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by abeesawlah12345: 2:50pm On Mar 17, 2020
Thanks

Bugzymallone:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by abeesawlah12345: 2:51pm On Mar 17, 2020
ebixxx:

Hello!

You aren't missing anything.

There really wasn't a place to fill my kids' details in the EE profile when we applied (I doubt it has changed).

Your dependents will show (provision will be made for your child's details to be filled in) when you receive ITA and are completing your eAPR.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by finestboy1: 3:00pm On Mar 17, 2020
OK. Thanks. My spouse is also a primary school teacher with two years of work experience and holds a Master's Degree as well. My fears were that teaching is highly regulated in Canada and would require some sort of licence or certificate. .However, for Express Entry it doesn't matter as long as the NOC main duties matches your own JD. Thanks for the Info.
ebixxx:

Hello!

It is not necessary at all, as it is presently not a prerequisite for getting a teaching job in Nigeria. The requirement is that you should be qualified to work in the role you claim in your country, and in Nigeria presently, you are allowed to teach without an education degree {I learnt they (Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria) are going to make changes to that soon though and insist that only those with education qualifications - NCE, BEd, PGDE - are qualified teachers, but it has not taken effect yet}.

My wife does not have an Education degree.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by DeeOneBangin: 3:11pm On Mar 17, 2020
If a married person with/without kids chooses “spouse not accompanying” due to one reason or the other and eventually gets ita and pr.

At what point can the person bring in his family?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 17, 2020
DeeOneBangin:
If a married person with/without kids chooses “spouse not accompanying” due to one reason or the other and eventually gets ita and pr.

At what point can the person bring in his family?
after landing in canada takes 12 months on average to process spousal sponsorship
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Marykelly: 3:43pm On Mar 17, 2020
Please who has the contact of any ICAN official for transcripts.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 17, 2020
Marykelly:
Please who has the contact of any ICAN official for transcripts.
google ican transcript the instructions are there with contacts
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SunshineD1: 3:50pm On Mar 17, 2020
Kekereekun123:
which airbnb will want to accepts us after the ban is lifted self. we will need to self isolate. God is in control lol. my airline has not said anything about changing dates cant reach them

It is well o. Keep trying the airline o, money must not waste like that o. If Airbnb won't accommodate you, a cheap hotel will do. Humans and self preservation nah 5 and 6. May God help us overcome the virus, Amen

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.