Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (479) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1336761 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ebuncrown: 1:58pm On Apr 13, 2020
Do you have a masters or just your LLB/BL degree?

nymphomaniac:
I am gonna be 26 this year and I have definitely made up my mind to leave this shithole of a country. I have a law degree and I have been practicing for 4years now.

I hope to evaluate my degree with IQCAS after Corona and then write IELTS. Please I need mentors to show me the way forward oh. I don’t want to make mistakes. How do I prepare for IELTS? Any one ready to mentor me should please quote me ejoor. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by simplynace(m): 2:14pm On Apr 13, 2020
tolam08:
Like the others ahead of me have suggested, there is no need to buy any past questions while all the materials you need are available online. I wrote my first and only attempt in December and I had a perfect result ( L9, RWS- 8 ), thanks to the online materials. If you are anywhere around Ogbomoso or Ilorin, I can give you a compiled materials I used for the test at NO COST.

NOT on Ilorin or any of her environs but can you pls send it as a mail or upload to either Google drive and then share the link. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by nymphomaniac(m): 3:20pm On Apr 13, 2020
Ebuncrown:

Do you have a masters or just your LLB/BL degree?

LLB/BL. I went through your posts and discovered you are my learned friend. I remain loyal sir. Pls should I get my BL evaluated as well by CES since ICQAS are off the grid for now? How did you go about getting the transcript? I am in Lagos as well and the time to get to Abuja no Dey.

Who has gotten transcript from UNIBEN recently? Any contact that is reliable I can use? Make Una help a brother.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ogalawyer(m): 3:33pm On Apr 13, 2020
nymphomaniac:
LLB/BL
LLB/BL is sufficient considering your age and work experience. You may use IQAS for evaluation of your LLB to give you points equal to a professional degree/masters (which I personally used and it worked for me) or you may use WES to evaluate both your LLB and BL for two or more certificates, which may give you lower points than the IQAS evaluation, but should still suffice to get a favourable CRS. IQAS is on hold now, though, so you may consider using WES. But, in all of this, you'll need to score very high in your IELTS. Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ogalawyer(m): 3:36pm On Apr 13, 2020
nymphomaniac:
LLB/BL. I went through your posts and discovered you are my learned friend. I remain loyal sir. Pls should I get my BL evaluated as well by CES since ICQAS are off the grid for now? How did you go about getting the transcript? I am in Lagos as well and the time to get to Abuja no Dey.

Who has gotten transcript from UNIBEN recently? Any contact that is reliable I can use? Make Una help a brother.
I finished from UNIBEN as well and was able to get my transcripts relatively easily through the help of a staff in exams and records. I had to pay some money to facilitate it though, but it was relatively easy and quick and I didn't need to travel down to Benin to get it done. You can PM me let me give you the staff's contacts.

I don't have an idea of getting law school transcripts as I used IQAS. But, I think it's possible to get it done without going to Abuja. I've heard about people who were able to get it done by emailing law school and paying the prescribed fees. You can also source for a reliable contact in law school to make it easier. Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by RTreasure: 3:55pm On Apr 13, 2020
Hey guys please urgent question:

In the case of FSW, does CIC request for pay slips to verify work experience? Assuming you worked in the company about 2 years ago and don’t currently work there anymore.
Has anyone ever been requested to submit pay slips as additional documents?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by dappyboy0489(m): 3:59pm On Apr 13, 2020
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ogalawyer(m): 4:02pm On Apr 13, 2020
RTreasure:
Hey guys please urgent question:

In the case of FSW, does CIC request for pay slips to verify work experience? Assuming you worked in the company about 2 years ago and don’t currently work there anymore.
Has anyone ever been requested to submit pay slips as additional documents?
I don't think payslips are absolutely necessary, if you have other evidence that you worked where you claimed to work. What's more important is the reference letter from your employer. If your employer isn't a well known organization, it's advisable that you supplement the reference letter with other documentation. That's where payslips may be needed, but you can use other documents if payslips are not available, for example: employment and promotion letters, work ID cards or statement of account showing deposit of salary into your bank account. Any, or a combination, of those should perfectly suffice, even if you don't include payslips. Cheers!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by nymphomaniac(m): 4:28pm On Apr 13, 2020
ogalawyer:
LLB/BL is sufficient considering your age and work experience. You may use IQAS for evaluation of your LLB to give you points equal to a professional degree/masters (which I personally used and it worked for me) or you may use WES to evaluate both your LLB and BL for two or more certificates, which may give you lower points than the IQAS evaluation, but should still suffice to get a favourable CRS. IQAS is on hold now, though, so you may consider using WES. But, in all of this, you'll need to score very high in your IELTS. Cheers!
really grateful. My whatsapp line is on my signature. Kindly holla. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kampack: 6:03pm On Apr 13, 2020
Hello house,
Sorry please,. I'm quite a newbie to all these stuff. However, I'm ready to flow with the game. Now, my first port of question is on the WES ECA. Can someone please signpost me to any link here on NL detailing the step by step guide, or kindly summarise the steps here. I have gone way back to page one of this thread without seeing much information on the steps, I have also visited their website, and it's asking me to create a profile, and indicate recipient address. Who's the recipient? Am I to include my address, so that I can have a copy?

Again, is it advised to start WES/ECA and IELTS same time or which one should one take on first?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by RTreasure: 6:08pm On Apr 13, 2020
Veryy helpful answer! Thank you sooo much!

ogalawyer:
I don't think payslips are absolutely necessary, if you have other evidence that you worked where you claimed to work. What's more important is the reference letter from your employer. If your employer isn't a well known organization, it's advisable that you supplement the reference letter with other documentation. That's where payslips may be needed, but you can use other documents if payslips are not available, for example: employment and promotion letters, work ID cards or statement of account showing deposit of salary into your bank account. Any, or a combination, of those should perfectly suffice, even if you don't include payslips. Cheers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 13, 2020
Kampack:
Hello house,
Sorry please,. I'm quite a newbie to all these stuff. However, I'm ready to flow with the game. Now, my first port of question is on the WES ECA. Can someone please signpost me to any link here on NL detailing the step by step guide, or kindly summarise the steps here. I have gone way back to page one of this thread without seeing much information on the steps, I have also visited their website, and it's asking me to create a profile, and indicate recipient address. Who's the recipient? Am I to include my address, so that I can have a copy?

Again, is it advised to start WES/ECA and IELTS same time or which one should one take on first?

Thanks
search on Google or. YouTube for the steps. Ielts and.eca are mutually exclusive things so its your choice if you do one first or both. You need both to open express entry profile

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Talksub(m): 6:12pm On Apr 13, 2020
Please has anybody evaluated their Uniport Basic certificate with WES ?

I am thinking of evaluating it to add give me two or more Certificate.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by tymix1: 6:13pm On Apr 13, 2020
House,

How can I get on the ACCA study group. I’m in desperate need of F1-F9 study materials. Thank you all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Prisscindy(f): 6:16pm On Apr 13, 2020
Palaexpress:

Seriously? That's good news then.
Thank you very much.

Yeah, got the email few days ago
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kampack: 6:18pm On Apr 13, 2020
Kekereekun123:
search on Google or. YouTube for the steps. Ielts and.eca are mutually exclusive things so its your choice if you do one first or both. You need both to open express entry profile

No problems. Thank you oga sir!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by canacitizen: 6:48pm On Apr 13, 2020
tymix1:
House,

How can I get on the ACCA study group. I’m in desperate need of F1-F9 study materials. Thank you all.

Google open tuition for ACCA material
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by PR2020(f): 7:46pm On Apr 13, 2020
Kampack:
Hello house,
Sorry please,. I'm quite a newbie to all these stuff. However, I'm ready to flow with the game. Now, my first port of question is on the WES ECA. Can someone please signpost me to any link here on NL detailing the step by step guide, or kindly summarise the steps here. I have gone way back to page one of this thread without seeing much information on the steps, I have also visited their website, and it's asking me to create a profile, and indicate recipient address.

Who's the recipient? *you are the recipient

* Am I to include my address, so that I can have a copy?
Yes please. That's where they send the hard copy to. .

You can handle them concurrently. But start with WES, then register and start preparation for IELTS..

That's how I did mine..[color=#990000][/color]The website is pretty detailed on the various steps to take. (Register and create a profile on the WES website)

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Talksub(m): 8:16pm On Apr 13, 2020
Hello ,

Please what can I do to increase my points , I have max my IELT band 9 , have over 6years work experience in oil and gas , I only have a bachelors degree in civil engineering What course can I take that is faster to boost my point .

I am planning of doing TEF , but I need another.

For an engineer, what can I do that can be evaluated by WES quickly ?

It is just CIMA or BCS ?

Which is better and easier

Apart from does once which other stuff can help increase my point ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by COPR2020: 8:17pm On Apr 13, 2020
tymix1:
House,

Search Open Tuition on google

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 13, 2020
Talksub:
Hello ,

Please what can I do to increase my points , I have max my IELT band 9 , have over 6years work experience in oil and gas , I only have a bachelors degree in civil engineering What course can I take that is faster to boost my point .

I am planning of doing TEF , but I need another.

For an engineer, what can I do that can be evaluated by WES quickly ?

It is just CIMA or BCS ?

Which is better and easier

Apart from does once which other stuff can help increase my point ?

Increase CRS options:

https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/254#85320196

BSC and CIMA have NL threads, read up to compare experiences.

Band 9 means you are leaving 3 points on the table for each competency in IELTS (total 12 points). Max score is band 10.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Viccur(m): 9:23pm On Apr 13, 2020
Hello house,

Traveling to Canada has somewhat been on my mind since last year. I'm currently serving and will be done in the later months of the year. I studied Literature in English, but the major challenge is the certifications i need to possess to get a good job over there (not necessarily in my field). I plan on enrolling for Masters of which i don't know if it would pave way for a job. The aim is to relocate and work. I have an Uncle there though who would be a citizen in a year or two, but i dont want to put my eggs in one basket in case there is a disappointment. Please house advise me on the way forward. I want to be out of this country latest February 2022 or before.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by chygoz3(m): 9:37pm On Apr 13, 2020
Mamaroon:

Increase CRS options:

https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/254#85320196

BSC and CIMA have NL threads, read up to compare experiences.

Band 9 means you are leaving 3 points on the table for each competency in IELTS (total 12 points). Max score is band 10.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

There's no band 10. The maximum CLB you can get even if you get 9 in all the IELTS modules is CLB 9.

Update. I found out that this is actually incorrect, and there is indeed CLB 10.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kampack: 9:44pm On Apr 13, 2020
@PR2020
Many thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by zellfoxx: 9:56pm On Apr 13, 2020
That's quite incorrect. There is actually a CLB 10 (minimum CLB needed to max out First official language score) even up to CLB 12 (if you can totally crush the 4 individual IELTS modules).

But as far as FSW is concerned, CLB 10 to 12 gets same points. Why most people aim for at least CLB 9 is because it gets almost twice as much points as other lower CLBs.

Additionally, CLB 10 = CLB 9 points + 3points. So if the famous Golden score for LRWS is 8777 then the Platinum score should be 8.5,8,7.5,7.5

chygoz3:

There's no band 10. The maximum CLB you can get even if you get 9 in all the IELTS modules is CLB 9.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Johanneiyoha(f): 10:31pm On Apr 13, 2020
[quote author=sunvick post=88380700][color=#770077]If the below are your exact score/details, then your point will be 443. You really have a chance, however you would have to consider laying ambush for PNP too as an option giving the current crs score.
Endeavour to create an EE profile and while to keep an eye on PNP.
Tnx bro
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 10:43pm On Apr 13, 2020
zellfoxx:
That's quite incorrect. There is actually a CLB 10 (minimum CLB needed to max out First official language score) even up to CLB 12 (if you can totally crush the 4 individual IELTS modules).

But as far as FSW is concerned, CLB 10 to 12 gets same points. Why most people aim for at least CLB 9 is because it gets twice as much points as CLB 8.

Additionally, CLB 10 = CLB 9 points + 3points. So if the famous Golden score for LRWS is 8777 then the Platinum score should be 8.5,8,7.5,7.5

Thank you sir/madam!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by tolam08(m): 10:50pm On Apr 13, 2020
Please be advised that the materials are too heavy to be sent via email, almost 5 Gb in total.
Benballer:

Hello, I'm interested but I'm not in ilorin. Can you send it to mail??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by tolam08(m): 10:54pm On Apr 13, 2020
The materials are too heavy to be uploaded on google drive without having effect on my data. I can only give it out to people who are nearby to save my data because that would be easy to use a flash drive or any other hardware to copy it at NO COST. It is almost 5Gb
simplynace:

NOT on Ilorin or any of her environs but can you pls send it as a mail or upload to either Google drive and then share the link. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by chygoz3(m): 11:03pm On Apr 13, 2020
zellfoxx:

But as far as FSW is concerned, CLB 10 to 12 gets same points. Why most people aim for at least CLB 9 is because it gets almost twice as much points as other lower CLBs.

Thanks. I always thought that the highest was CLB 9, and had relied on https://www.immigratemanitoba.com/calculators/ielts_calculator.php to calculate that. The site at the link I posted evaluates LRWS 9999 as CLB 9, hence my thought.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Johanneiyoha(f): 11:22pm On Apr 13, 2020
House, plz help a worried sister. This is my tracking profile from dhl.sent my credentials for Wes evaluation.
Has it gotten to its destination? If yes, Wes hvnt updated my profile
If no, pls hw can I reach Dhl for complaints? Tried their customer care rep, not going tru.
Its taking too long.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by FocusedDiva(f): 12:11am On Apr 14, 2020
I am in Ilorin.How can I get the materials? Thanks.
tolam08:
Like the others ahead of me have suggested, there is no need to buy any past questions while all the materials you need are available online. I wrote my first and only attempt in December and I had a perfect result ( L9, RWS- 8 ), thanks to the online materials. If you are anywhere around Ogbomoso or Ilorin, I can give you a compiled materials I used for the test at NO COST.

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.