Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,982 members, 7,814,348 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (477) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1332081 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by tobidmob2: 5:27pm On Apr 11, 2020
Hi guys.

Many thanks to all contributors this far. Please can anyone guide me on the following issues :

1. I have a masters degree in pharmacy but also a chartered accountant and my application is based on my years of experience as an accountant - will this create a problem?

2. I used my PFA as part of my POF, I was sure this won’t be a problem before , but I’m not so certain seeing after going through the threads.

3. I’ve been seeing comments on ordering GCMS and CSE. Please what are these? And how do I find out my visa office

Please help!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bezimo(m): 5:51pm On Apr 11, 2020
Laoluuu:
Good morning,

Please is is possible to edit my TRF NUMBER and test result date after I have already submitted my profile?

Yes you can if you get a better IELTS results. Then update your profile with the new results but this is only possible if you haven't gotten an ITA in which everything will be locked.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bezimo(m): 5:55pm On Apr 11, 2020
EyesondPrize:
Having a relative in Canada has never been a requirement for applying to FSW-EE.

Read page 1 to know more about the process.

Offcourse its not necessary..but if your relative is family blood related you can claim 15 points which boost your chances of getting in than someone who doesnt..in that FSW-EE category.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bekayy: 7:24pm On Apr 11, 2020
Many thanks for thanking us. #1 this is not a problem. Use your accounting, NOC 1111 as long as you have one year continuous experience in your workplace, you can even combine NOCs . That is in the 3 yrs work experience you have to prove, you must have a continuous year. not 8, 7, 11 months but 12 months.

#2. I am not sure of this but still search.
#3. There are different websites to order GCMS from, i hear that there are 3 party services and it takes months (abt 3) to get to you if ordered. it is not free as well. CSE is the same as raising a webform , this is on CIC/Canada.ca website (where we apply from). This is free and you can know the status of your application (not detailed like the GCMS) and Visa office here.

I hope i helped. Cheers. Forget any typos here. I no re read.

tobidmob2:
Hi guys.

Many thanks to all contributors this far. Please can anyone guide me on the following issues :

1. I have a masters degree in pharmacy but also a chartered accountant and my application is based on my years of experience as an accountant - will this create a problem?
2. I used my PFA as part of my POF, I was sure this won’t be a problem before , but I’m not so certain seeing after going through the threads.
3. I’ve been seeing comments on ordering GCMS and CSE. Please what are these? And how do I find out my visa office

Please help!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lasignor(m): 7:37pm On Apr 11, 2020
tobidmob2:
Hi guys.

Please help!
For the first question, you won't any issue whatsoever. You degree doesn't necessarily have to match your occupation.

At the bolded, I'll advise that you hustle the extra change that the PFA sorted in case your case officer doesn't have joy. You will use the change to sort the balance in case your CO isn't okay with the PFA.

Lastly, you can raise a CSE (Case Specific Enquiry) to know the status of your application and it is free. You can raise it via IRCC website. GCMS notes are more explanatory than the CSE but they are in the same category, only that GCMS are offered by third parties hence, cost a lil fee but nothing exorbitant.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by rudyislife: 8:34pm On Apr 11, 2020
Good evening guys,please what is the best body to evaluate a pharm D degree
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by hillony: 9:01pm On Apr 11, 2020
rudyislife:
Kindly go through page 1. You will get the basic information and the parent websites for additional and current info there. If you seek to practice as a community or hospital pharmacist, you evaluate with PEBC.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 11, 2020
rudyislife:
its clearly on page 1
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by hotmomma(f): 10:09pm On Apr 11, 2020
Moneywirer:

Hello. Congrats, please I need to know how you prepared for it. Could you please help me with study materials.
hotmomma:

Practice, practice and prayers.

Ieltsonlinetests.com for reading and listening, ieltsliz for writing, fasttrack ielts with ieltsadvantage for speaking grin

Prayers and fasting to God for the ultimate assurance.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lasignor(m): 10:14pm On Apr 11, 2020
rudyislife:
Page one bruh/sis angry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by jpj(m): 10:18pm On Apr 11, 2020
Annog:
Pls are you aware if diamond(access) bank visa card works? because I 've bn trying to pay but no success.

I am not aware, but certainly aware of Access Bank Visa card that can be gotten in less than 15 minutes

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by tobidmob2: 10:58pm On Apr 11, 2020
[quote author=lasignor post=88337863]For the first question, you won't any issue whatsoever. You degree doesn't necessarily have to match your occupation.

At the bolded, I'll advise that you hustle the extra change that the PFA sorted in case your case officer doesn't have joy. You will use the change to sort the balance in case your CO isn't okay with the PFA.

Lastly, you can raise a CSE (Case Specific Enquiry) to know the status of your application and it is free. You can raise it via IRCC website. GCMS notes are more explanatory than the CSE but they are in the same category, only that GCMS are offered by third parties hence, cost a lil fee but nothing exorbitant

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by carissaa(f): 11:40pm On Apr 11, 2020
1. Nope

2. I used mine as well and my GCMS notes show that it wasn't a problem. However, I wrote a LOE just in case of any issues.

3. CSE is a case specific enquiry. It allows you to ask IRCC questions such as where your Visa office is, upload any additional documents, ask how far with your application etc. The link to CSE is on your AOR letter. Or google for it.
GCMS notes show the progress of your file at the Canadian Visa Office processing it. It lets you know if there has been any issues with your application and is usually more comprehensive than the CSE. You can order for GCMS notes from websites (use google) or a friend/family member can order for you if they live in Canada.

tobidmob2:
Hi guys.

Please help!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by babajust: 11:50pm On Apr 11, 2020
Please be clear on using your PFA. Did you use 100% of the funds in the account or 25%?
I'm aware that people can use just 25% of their PFA as that is what you will have access to when you quit your job.
carissaa:
1. Nope

2. I used mine as well and my GCMS notes show that it wasn't a problem. However, I wrote a LOE just in case of any issues.

3. CSE is a case specific enquiry. It allows you to ask IRCC questions such as where your Visa office is, upload any additional documents, ask how far with your application etc. The link to CSE is on your AOR letter. Or google for it.
GCMS notes show the progress of your file at the Canadian Visa Office processing it. It lets you know if there has been any issues with your application and is usually more comprehensive than the CSE. You can order for GCMS notes from websites (use google) or a friend/family member can order for you if they live in Canada.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by tobidmob2: 1:01am On Apr 12, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
carissaa:
1. Nope

Thank you, the PFA was 30% and I did write a LOE , attached my payslips and letter from PFA as well. Fingers crossed [quote][/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by divo(m): 3:10am On Apr 12, 2020
Please i need serious help. Am just a pharmacy graduate who wants to further and work at canada. Ignorant of everything needed to pull this through especially the IELTS stuff. Who can put me through? I dont mind doing the calling. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 3:29am On Apr 12, 2020
divo:
Please i need serious help. Am just a pharmacy graduate who wants to further and work at canada. Ignorant of everything needed to pull this through especially the IELTS stuff. Who can put me through? I dont mind doing the calling. Thanks
read page 1. Also watch YouTube videos on express entry. Its not hard

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by divo(m): 4:03am On Apr 12, 2020
Kekereekun123:
read page 1. Also watch YouTube videos on express entry. Its not hard
thanks but do you know a pharmacist who just went to canada to further (masters and the likes) within the last two years i can probably chat on whatapp with person. Went through the thread saw part 1,2 and the rest also not seeing videos on YouTube that suits what i want. If you have links i will appreciate. Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Manny1: 4:18am On Apr 12, 2020
For those confused about work experience, I hope this helps. Basically, to qualify for FSW you need to have at least one year of continuous full time paid work experience; however, to claim points under CRS your work experience does not have to be continuous

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Deyinks: 6:33am On Apr 12, 2020
Manny1:
For those confused about work experience, I hope this helps. Basically, to qualify for FSW you need to have at least one year of continuous full time paid work experience; however, to claim points under CRS your work experience does not have to be continuous

Thanks for this. I am a bit confused about this also. Here is my case

I have about some months less than 4 years experience in all with the breakdown as below

Trainee - full time and fully paid for a year and few months
Job A (NOC x) - full time and paid but temporary for 1yr+
Job B (NOC y)- full time and paid for 1yr+

All jobs are continuous and same firm. My questions are thus

1. Can my training year be claimed as part of my work experience and what NOC can I claim for my year on training(very much inclined towards job B)

2. Can I claim maximum point for 3 years experience as the section for job experience in the express entry tool has a caveat saying “....how many years of foreign work experience does one have and must be in one occupation“

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by hillony: 7:03am On Apr 12, 2020
divo:
thanks but do you know a pharmacist who just went to canada to further (masters and the likes) within the last two years i can probably chat on whatapp with person. Went through the thread saw part 1,2 and the rest also not seeing videos on YouTube that suits what i want. If you have links i will appreciate. Thanks a lot
You may have the time and all for making enquiries from such persons but they may not have. That is the more reason that you may need to research such information by yourself. If you still desire to get in contact with a Pharmacist who is on her Masters over there, I can give you her LinkedIn profile but I will still advise that you get all the general info from the CIC and PEBC websites.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Palaexpress: 8:26am On Apr 12, 2020
Annog:
Pls are you aware if diamond(access) bank visa card works? because I 've bn trying to pay but no success.

All the banks have reviewed the international monthly spending limit on card transactions to $500. This probably explains why you are having difficulties. You can go to your bank for further assistance with alternative measures.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by nymphomaniac(m): 8:57am On Apr 12, 2020
I am gonna be 26 this year and I have definitely made up my mind to leave this shithole of a country. I have a law degree and I have been practicing for 4years now.

I hope to evaluate my degree with IQCAS after Corona and then write IELTS. Please I need mentors to show me the way forward oh. I don’t want to make mistakes. How do I prepare for IELTS? Any one ready to mentor me should please quote me ejoor. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by RTreasure: 9:05am On Apr 12, 2020
Hello guys. Please i am new here and i was wondering if its possible to change your NOC code before receiving ITA. Would it raise suspicions during my PR application process?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 12, 2020
RTreasure:
Hello guys. Please i am new here and i was wondering if its possible to change your NOC code before receiving ITA. Would it raise suspicions during my PR application process?
you can change
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 12, 2020
nymphomaniac:
I am gonna be 26 this year and I have definitely made up my mind to leave this shithole of a country. I have a law degree and I have been practicing for 4years now.

I hope to evaluate my degree with IQCAS after Corona and then write IELTS. Please I need mentors to show me the way forward oh. I don’t want to make mistakes. How do I prepare for IELTS? Any one ready to mentor me should please quote me ejoor. Thank you.
https://ieltsonlinetests.com/. Also go on YouTube there are videos on all sections. Search for the following people on YouTube
-ielts jay
-ielts liz
- chris pell

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by TJ0987(f): 9:44am On Apr 12, 2020
Happy Easter guys... I wish you all God's blessings in this season.
Guys pls I need your input.
In a situation where your score is about 463, but when you add that of your spouse, even though they "max out" IELTS, your score goes down to 443 at best, owing to disparities in years of work experience and educational qualification, what can be done?
Can the spouse with the higher score "fly solo" and then apply for their partner to join in say 6 months following the principal applicant's relocation?
I ask this because I was told that that route might not work, as some people have had their requests (to have their spouses accompany them after they must have settled) turned down.
Guys, kindly advise me.
Thanks and God bless you all; by the reason of his resurrection, may God Almighty heal the world.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Prisscindy(f): 11:39am On Apr 12, 2020
Palaexpress:

All the banks have reviewed the international monthly spending limit on card transactions to $500. This probably explains why you are having difficulties. You can go to your bank for further assistance with alternative measures.

All the best.

Not all banks, Sterling Bank has revised theirs to $1000 daily and $2000 monthly.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Manny1: 12:52pm On Apr 12, 2020
Hi

I’m not too sure about this scenario and I’d hate to give wrong info.

Hopefully someone with more experience can assist with this

Deyinks:

Thanks for this. I am a bit confused about this also. Here is my case

I have about some months less than 4 years experience in all with the breakdown as below

Trainee - full time and fully paid for a year and few months
Job A (NOC x) - full time and paid but temporary for 1yr+
Job B (NOC y)- full time and paid for 1yr+

All jobs are continuous and same firm. My questions are thus

1. Can my training year be claimed as part of my work experience and what NOC can I claim for my year on training(very much inclined towards job B)

2. Can I claim maximum point for 3 years experience as the section for job experience in the express entry tool has a caveat saying “....how many years of foreign work experience does one have and must be in one occupation“

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 12, 2020
TJ0987:
Happy Easter guys... I wish you all God's blessings in this season.
Guys pls I need your input.
In a situation where your score is about 463, but when you add that of your spouse, even though they "max out" IELTS, your score goes down to 443 at best, owing to disparities in years of work experience and educational qualification, what can be done?
Can the spouse with the higher score "fly solo" and then apply for their partner to join in say 6 months following the principal applicant's relocation?
I ask this because I was told that that route might not work, as some people have had their requests (to have their spouses accompany them after they must have settled) turned down.
Guys, kindly advise me.
Thanks and God bless you all; by the reason of his resurrection, may God Almighty heal the world.

Yes, you can apply as spouse non-accompanying. Read about spouse sponsorship here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children.html

It takes about 12 months according to the website, we cannot say for sure how long it will actually take nor do we have statistics on success rates.

On the impact of your spouse on your CRS, pls double check. Spouse work experience should have a zero impact (if non Canadian exp) or positive impact (if Canadian exp)...not negative. For education, just evaluate spouse's degrees, if any.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lasignor(m): 1:26pm On Apr 12, 2020
Prisscindy:

Not all banks, Sterling Bank has revised theirs to $1000 daily and $2000 monthly.
To completely eliminate the limit issues, people can walk into any bank to open a domiciliary account. They can request for a dollar debit card for the account, change their naira to dollars and deposit it inside the account. There's usually no limit to what you can spend on a dollar card and it cuts the unnecessary charges of dynamic exchange rates from banks. If you are paying $50, you get charged $50.

6 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.