Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,373 members, 7,815,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (529) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1333311 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by AJLB: 11:08am On May 17, 2020
Hello Everyone
Please i need advise of the gurus in the house.

a) Do we require the international passport of accompany children also to create Express Entry profile for the family.

b) My wife is the primary applicant and we intend to claim point for my academic qualification as well. Do i need to do WES evaluation of my degree also.
c) Please, what is the process for WES evaluation of certifications like CIPM
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bekayy: 11:14am On May 17, 2020
I believe almost immediately, as soon as the sibling has details in their name. A bank account, PR card. Etc. Others can confirm. Sorry I got your Q wrong the 1st time.

ainatutu:
Guys, please I have a question. After landing as a PR, how soon can points be claimed from having a sibling in Canada?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by niyogeol(m): 11:27am On May 17, 2020
toniauj:

Hello,

Thanks for responding. I had earlier asked but I am not very clear on what to do about obtaining a Nigerian PCC from within the US.

How did you validate or certify your report with the home office? Which office did you process yours through and how long does it essentially take? Can you kindly guide me? Thank and God bless.

Getting Nigeria PCC while living abroad is possible. There is a form you will fill and thumb print and then send the necessary fee for such service. You can look for Inspector Moshood's phone number on this thread. He can help you with that.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nikkybeth: 11:38am On May 17, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nikkybeth: 11:53am On May 17, 2020
Remicynt:
I am on 450 and I am considering spouse unaccompanied. Let's discuss maybe we can encourage ourselves. I will send you a mail
I found that my score is way higher if i apply without my spouse
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by letskeeptalking: 11:53am On May 17, 2020
Remicynt:
I am on 450 and I am considering spouse unaccompanied. Let's discuss maybe we can encourage ourselves. I will send you a mail

I think this is the best bet. I was 451 and was already losing hope, untill this lockdown when I saw the points dropping. I quickly removed hubby (and he is not happy about it at all), but I'm up to 457 and I'm hopeful.

Back in August last year my score was 458. Without hubby it would have been 465. But I refused to remove him. I thought the points Will drop, I was wrong. And I regretted the decision. In October I lost 8 points for age and the points kept rising. It's better to make hay when the sun shines.

The truth is spousal visas are easy to get with PR. No need wasting your time.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by letskeeptalking: 11:55am On May 17, 2020
AJLB:
Hello Everyone

a) Do we require the international passport of accompany children also to create Express Entry profile for the family.

b) My wife is the primary applicant and we intend to claim point for my academic qualification as well. Do i need to do WES evaluation of my degree also.

If you are claiming points for your degree the you need to get them asessed. You need WES. Even if you are not the primary applicant.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nikkybeth: 11:58am On May 17, 2020
letskeeptalking:

I think this is the best bet. I was 451 and was already losing hope, untill this lockdown when I saw the points dropping. I quickly removed hubby (and he is not happy about it at all), but I'm up to 457 and I'm hopeful.

Back in August last year my score was 458. Without hubby it would have been 465. But I refused to remove him. I thought the points Will drop, I was wrong. And I regretted the decision. In October I lost 8 points for age and the points kept rising. It's better to make hay when the sun shines.

exactly. If your points are higher without your spouse, you should apply without them. When you get your PR you apply for them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by jpj(m): 1:23pm On May 17, 2020
Please is there any WhatsApp group for AVO? Can I be added to the group please? Just found out that I have been fortunate to have them as my VO again, after my first refusal from them. My number is 08154002097 thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Zeus04: 1:37pm On May 17, 2020
AJLB:
Hello Everyone

Yes to your first 2 questions.

CIPM is quite swift in responding to such request. Mine took about 2 weeks and the extended time was due to the festive break witnessed at the time I processed mine. Also note that they will require that you pay all their annual membership dues (that was the only requirement at the time)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by AJLB: 2:50pm On May 17, 2020
Zeus04:

Yes to your first 2 questions.

CIPM is quite swift in responding to such request. Mine took about 2 weeks and the extended time was due to the festive break witnessed at the time I processed mine. Also note that they will require that you pay all their annual membership dues (that was the only requirement at the time)

Thank you for the feedback, i really appreciate it.

a) Please does CIPM evaluation works like tertiary institution's process also.
That we will submit application form to CIPM and transcript will be produced and forwarded to WES.

b) Do i need to forward photocopy of CIPM certificate to WES also.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Zeus04: 3:01pm On May 17, 2020
AJLB:

Thank you for the feedback, i really appreciate it.

a) Please does CIPM evaluation works like tertiary institution's process also.
That we will submit application form to CIPM and transcript will be produced and forwarded to WES.

b) Do i need to forward photocopy of CIPM certificate to WES also.

Yes... It's closely similar.

Send an email to exams@cipmnigeria.org and livinaonukuba@cipmnigeria.org. They will respond to you ASAP with all you need to present to get started. Their response and support was really swift.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by AJLB: 3:25pm On May 17, 2020
Zeus04:

Yes... It's closely similar.

Send an email to exams@cipmnigeria.org and livinaonukuba@cipmnigeria.org. They will respond to you ASAP with all you need to present to get started. Their response and support was really swift.

Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Franklin2323: 4:03pm On May 17, 2020
jpj:
Please is there any WhatsApp group for AVO? Can I be added to the group please? Just found out that I have been fortunate to have them as my VO again, after my first refusal from them. My number is 08154002097 thank you.

Please how did u get ur previous refusal reopended
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by utombaton: 4:17pm On May 17, 2020
Pls is it possible for your points to be higher when you submit your profile than the calculation tool? Also is the Federal Skilled Workers processed separately?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by odimbannamdi(m): 4:18pm On May 17, 2020
Mamaroon:

Oga Bekes, abeg no stress madam and no allow this your beautiful TEF result waste o!

With 467, you can still get ITA if she attempts IELTS even without studying and gets LRWS 6666. This translates to CLB 7 and adds an extra 12 points to you. Just book for her and coax her to write it...buy flowers, do the shopping and cooking for that IELTS weekend and any other thing you know she will appreciate.

If she does it before Feb, you can be at 479, otherwise 474 after birthday too is not bad.

We wives are easy to convince....we love to do things for the greater good. wink

All the best sir!

Nice tip.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Liispa(f): 5:31pm On May 17, 2020
utombaton:
Pls is it possible for your points to be higher when you submit your profile than the calculation tool? Also is the Federal Skilled Workers processed separately?

If what you claimed when using the CRS tool is the same as when filling your profile, its going to be the same thing. I don't really understand your second question though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by utombaton: 5:34pm On May 17, 2020
Liispa:

If what you claimed when using the CRS tool is the same as when filling your profile, its going to be the same thing. I don't really understand your second question though.
I have not created my profile so I was wondering if point claimed using the tool will be the same when I create the profile?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by utombaton: 5:44pm On May 17, 2020
Liispa:

Thanks for the response. What I mean is that is it possible for one to apply separately for Federal Skilled Worker because i noticed I qualify very well for that going by the rating.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Stencil: 5:48pm On May 17, 2020
When creating your profile, you enter the work experience you're claiming points for.
Post ITA, you get a chance to enter your 10 year history.

tojumi18:
Hello house, do I need to state all my work experience when filling my EE account or just the relevant 3 years experience. I have 8 years experience and have worked I 4 different places, do I state the recent two which gives me 3 years experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Stencil: 6:00pm On May 17, 2020
Sibling points can be claimed immediately.

ainatutu:
Guys, please I have a question. After landing as a PR, how soon can points be claimed from having a sibling in Canada?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Liispa(f): 6:17pm On May 17, 2020
utombaton:
I have not created my profile so I was wondering if point claimed using the tool will be the same when I create the profile?
As long as you put in the same information
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Liispa(f): 6:23pm On May 17, 2020
utombaton:
Thanks for the response. What I mean is that is it possible for one to apply separately for Federal Skilled Worker because i noticed I qualify very well for that going by the rating.

There is no separate application. The information you input in your profile will determine whether you're a FSW, FST, CEC (Canadian experience) or PNP (Provincial) candidate. Express Entry is designed for all 4 categories. You're most likely a FSW candidate when you submit your profile.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 17, 2020
Is it possible to change from non accompanying to accompanied after ITA?
CRS score without spouse was 474, cut off was 471, added spouse IELTS and WES and score was 474, AOR was after my birthday score became 469.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by olalekan9320(m): 8:06pm On May 17, 2020
gbens2000:

Pls if I have only my undergraduate certificate and no masters , please how can I obtain another certificate within a short period without doing my masters

CIMA/ACCA/BCS
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by gbens2000(m): 8:11pm On May 17, 2020
olalekan9320:

CIMA/ACCA/BCS
Thanks so much, am new here. V been following the thread but which one is the easiest based on pple dat v written them? undecided
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Dammie0904: 8:18pm On May 17, 2020
None of them is easy.. it's all about motivation and dedication

gbens2000:

Thanks so much, am new here. V been following the thread but which one is the easiest based on pple dat v written them? undecided
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by olalekan9320(m): 8:29pm On May 17, 2020
gbens2000:

It all depends on your background, do you have IT background? If no, you can read more on ACCA sometimes WES doesn't evaluate it has a one year course. For CIMA, you write 4 exams between 120,000 and 180,000( I'm not sure of the exact fee ) you don't pay all immediately, you will register and schedule the exam anytime you're ready at any location of your choice, the speed depends on you. There's a thread on nairaland and on telegram. The needed materials are also on those groups.

I elaborated on cima because of the support group and the pass rate. Just my opinion o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Remicynt(f): 8:41pm On May 17, 2020
My sister please let's keep talking o... I sent you a mail I need pple to encourage me on this spouse unaccompanied challenge.
letskeeptalking:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by nenelistic: 9:00pm On May 17, 2020
That was what I did. I had to take my spouse out cos he hasn’t even gone through WES yet but has his IELTS results and Lo and behold, I got my ITA. I’ll just apply for spouse visa when I get in by God’s grace

Nikkybeth:

I found that my score is way higher if i apply without my spouse

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by adeolabilkis002: 9:09pm On May 17, 2020
Good day to you all.

Please has anyone here done OND and HND transcripts from yabatech lately? If yes,pls I need your input.Thanks.

Also,is it possible I start transcript first and pay for WES later because the money with me is not enough for now although I have gotten WES reference number.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by nenelistic: 9:17pm On May 17, 2020
Sis, I weighed my options and made a quick decision to take my husband off my application because of the points I was going to lose. Thankfully I got the ITA before the pandemic blew up. I probably would have been resentful if I had to wait in the pool for God knows how long. Please guys, if adding your hubby would weigh your scores down you can take him out and when you get the PPR, apply for spousal visa.

letskeeptalking:

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.