Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,783 members, 7,827,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (596) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1342829 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Bishoplakes: 9:57pm On Jun 20, 2020
Thank
Influential101:
Please don't take the advice above.. 62 isn't a good score for SINP, unless a miracle happens..

Your wife is still young, let her do CIMA, ACCA or BCS to get two or more certificates.. it'll add over 30 points

Then you also evaluate your Bsc and write IELTS, from the point you mentioned (426), It's obvious you done either one or none of the two.. you need to get them done..

By the time you have done the above, your score will be around 470...

All the best to your family.
Thank you so much...Really grateful
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Zeus04: 10:11pm On Jun 20, 2020
Otoge:

AVO has reached January wow.
I really do not understand the rationale behind holding back PPR mails. Send it to people, its not like its COPR. When you send the Ppr mails, let them savour it and wait for things to open up in their country for submission. Even if PPR mails have a TL, you extend it. Even if it comes with remed, extend it too. I'm sure people whose medical are yet to expire don't Mind getting the mail, even if the medical will expire before things open up. Those mails are very important to clear heads and uncertainty. Its not fair.

Chief, Lets calm down. I know how it feels like to wait but u v to understand that such information isn't what they will just give out like that. So u want them to send the mail with the way people are restless about this process? They will just see crowd at their office requesting to stamp their visas. Lolz.

I think it's a process and they will follow each step before disseminating any information to applicants. I am also in the Accra waiting boat and v been developing myself in every way possible as I prepare and pray I get the golden mail soon.

It will end in praise. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Tocde: 10:17pm On Jun 20, 2020
Good Evening house. Please I’m new to this platform and I have a question.
In light of the pandemic and WES not accepting hard copies, one of my edu criteria (ICAN) has given me the hard copy per requested but I’ve since requested for an e-copy to be sent to WES but The Institute has responded that they don’t send e-copies.

Please how do I go about this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Zeus04: 10:19pm On Jun 20, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Ednut1 and Otoge,

I don't see any reason for the unnecessary dragging so as not to derail this precious thread. I only replied again to correct some wrong assertions made by you both.

It is very wrong to assume and conclude without proper information about someone you don't know. For record purpose, I am an active member of NL same as you two and host of others.

I admire the good and benevolent works you two are doing here on the EE thread but last time I check nobody is a bastion of knowledge. It all entails more of give and take.

I hope we all can shake hands and focus on the most important issues raising concerns.

One love!

@Ednut @Otoge, I really don't see what he has done wrong here. He simply directed the fellow that asked for help towards the right direction in his findings and research. Sometimes you may not need to know everything before you can show someone where to look which I think he has done here.

Mind you, it's not everything u get advice on in here you just swallow down... It's often advisable to also do your own findings before adopting anything. Hence, since he has directed the fellow, it's up to him to go out there and hustle for the information if he is really interested in the immigration thingy. Perhaps, if successful for him, he can come back and share.

@JustMellow, nice one o!

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Toludebs: 10:30pm On Jun 20, 2020
Hello Fam,
Please do you advise I get into the pool, while I rewrite my IELTS?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 20, 2020
Zeus04:

Chief, Lets calm down. I know how it feels like to wait but u v to understand that such information isn't what they will just give out like that. So u want them to send the mail with the way people are restless about this process? They will just see crowd at their office requesting to stamp their visas. Lolz.

I think it's a process and they will follow each step before disseminating any information to applicants. I am also in the Accra waiting boat and v been developing myself in every way possible as I prepare and pray I get the golden mail soon.

It will end in praise. Amen
undecided
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 20, 2020
Toludebs:
Hello Fam,
Please do you advise I get into the pool, while I rewrite my IELTS?

If your ECA is ready, sure. You can update with the new and improved IELTS score when its ready. Time is of the essence in this waka.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Influential101: 10:52pm On Jun 20, 2020
Lydiaeze9gmail:
Thanks for the good job. Please if there is any health challenge after u have meet up with other points, is it automatic disqualification .Thank you
I don't know the health challenge you're talking about but yes, you need to pass medicals in order to progress..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Neam9: 11:00pm On Jun 20, 2020
Yes.. Their office is at boundary road, just opposite west view.

Monopoly1:
Good evening all, has anyone written MOD IELTS in benin of recent. Where is their centre located. Thanks.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Jaybye: 11:02pm On Jun 20, 2020
Ahaha...
Wow! Mamaroon as always!!! Amazing how you recall things and go about your things. I've really "met" brilliant minds in this thread.. Mama,
you're one of them. And when all these immigration dusts finally settle, I'll love to meet with you and the family. Oui, au Canada, un jour !

Tout va bien se finir, by His grace. Amen

Mamaroon:

grin
IELTS Writing & TEF Writing must be cousins....humbler of men and disgracer of scholars @Jaybye

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Bobority: 11:17pm On Jun 20, 2020
Otoge:

For POF, upload it again since it's for 4 members already. But I would rather go to the bank and get an updated statement cos i'm sure you have made transactions on it. Then explain its same amount cos it covers all of you.

For the dilemma, i think you should raise CSE, attach the documents of your baby that is ready while explaining that covid has made it impracticable for you to get PP immediately for the child and maybe ask for an extension of time. Since the form won't validate without passport number.

Thanks a lot!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SunshineD1: 11:57pm On Jun 20, 2020
Teamo2:
I will advise you wait until you are asked. Mine expired May 1st 2020 and by June 2nd my profile showed I had passed medical.
So basically my profile went from “July 16, 2019. You passed medical” to “You do not need a medical exam.....” then finally to “June 2nd, 2020. You passed the medical exam..”

Medical expires the day you do it, which in your case will be 14th of August.

I don't understand, biko help me out, no vex.
Your medicals expired May 1st, 2020 and on June 2nd, you got a mail saying you passed the medical exam? Did you do a re-med? Was your medicals extended?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SunshineD1: 12:05am On Jun 21, 2020
Zeus04:

@Ednut @Otoge, I really don't see what he has done wrong here. He simply directed the fellow that asked for help towards the right direction in his findings and research. Sometimes you may not need to know everything before you can show someone where to look which I think he has done here.

Mind you, it's not everything u get advice on in here you just swallow down... It's often advisable to also do your own findings before adopting anything. Hence, since he has directed the fellow, it's up to him to go out there and hustle for the information if he is really interested in the immigration thingy. Perhaps, if successful for him, he can come back and share.

@JustMellow, nice one o!

Gbam!!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Toludebs: 12:06am On Jun 21, 2020
Otoge:

If your ECA is ready, sure. You can update with the new and improved IELTS score when its ready. Time is of the essence in this waka.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SunshineD1: 12:08am On Jun 21, 2020
Jaybye:
Ahaha...
Wow! Mamaroon as always!!! Amazing how you recall things and go about your things. I've really "met" brilliant minds in this thread.. Mama,
you're one of them. And when all these immigration dusts finally settle, I'll love to meet with you and the family. Oui, au Canada, un jour !

Tout va bien se finir, by His grace. Amen

I love the way she calmly and knowledgeably responds, adding references too. I hope she has a blog or something, she's really good at this.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Jaybye: 12:22am On Jun 21, 2020
101% right sis!

SunshineD1:
I love the way she calmly and knowledgeably responds, adding references too. I hope she has a blog or something, she's really good at this.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Dennyjuff: 12:55am On Jun 21, 2020
Tocde:
Good Evening house. Please I’m new to this platform and I have a question.
In light of the pandemic and WES not accepting hard copies, one of my edu criteria (ICAN) has given me the hard copy per requested but I’ve since requested for an e-copy to be sent to WES but The Institute has responded that they don’t send e-copies.

Please how do I go about this?

Uhm sorry to burst ur bubble oo but u will not recieve a positive assessment from WES with ICAN
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by GBSS: 3:38am On Jun 21, 2020
Zeus04:

@JustMellow, nice one o!

Thank you for this empathetic, sound and wisdom filled advice.
I hope we all learn to address issues soundly without unnecessary "extras".

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ThowLou(m): 7:26am On Jun 21, 2020
isaacola57:
Please who is doing transcript application in unilag during this period cuz I heard unilag is not using etxng.. please urgently need help

Unilag is sending out results via DHL and has been treating a lot of their back logs since they resumed. Apply on the records portal and follow up with your contact there is you have any. A lot of people have been getting their transcripts processed by Unilag recently without much need to follow up. So you can apply now

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by femcold: 8:04am On Jun 21, 2020
Bobority:
Hi guys please I have a few questions to ask

I recently received an ADR for Newborn and I was given 30 days to upload the necessary documents, the issue now is my newborn's passport is going to take longer than usual because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Should I go ahead an fill the IM 0008 form and leave the part of passport details blank for my newborn and upload it that way with an LOE and upload all the documents I have ready in the provided placeholder (birth certificate and receipt of fees)OR should I send them a webform asking them if I should wait till the passport is ready before uploading anything?

The part where they ask for document number on the IMM0008 form, what should I fill in because it wont be validated if the space is blank

If they ask me for my newborn's documents does this mean my eligibility has been processed or is in processing?

If i applied as a family of 3 and my POF already covers a family of 4, am I still required to provide the same POF?
In the ADR I got, It said an updated POF for the new family member is required but I had already uploaded the required amount for a family of 4 at the time of submission

Thank you!
If you have the official birth certificate, you can use the number on it..Way was use for the medical screening..Am in this both myself, u can send me mail, let’s relate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by femcold: 8:05am On Jun 21, 2020
fadeofresh:
Please I have a situation and i need advise from the Gurus in the house.

So, I recently added my baby to my application and I've been asked to go for my baby's medicals, Now my wife and I, our medicals will expire in 2 to 3 months from now (Not sure which one is the actual deadline because We did the medicals on the 14th of August 2019 and it was updated on my application on the 13th of September 2019).

Can We request to retake another medicals right away so that I can just schedule everything the same time as my baby's medical or wait until they prompt me to retake medicals, I just want everything to go smoothly going forward as I'm not based in Lagos or Abuja, therefore prompting us for another medicals in the future would mean planning another trip, waste of time and more expenses etc.

Just chill for them to get back to you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ambo1: 8:30am On Jun 21, 2020
Barbraa:
Goodevening everyone please what HR certification course can I do that is recognised in Canada. Recommendations are welcome thank you

I am in the same boat too. I think you should exercise patience, so when u get to Canada you can do the different HR certifications available to you.

Mind you, different provinces have different bodies that are in charge of certifying HR professionals. For instance Ontario has a different body that Alberta.

The question that comes to mind is, do you have a higher degree in HR? Such as Master's or PhD? Because there are bridging programs that can help internationally trained HR professionals by exempting them from some courses.

To answer your question, I think the CIPM which is very good in Nigeria, might not be of use in Canada. In my opinion I feel it's only a higher degree like a master's and PhD that can do you a little good.

There are several colleges and universities in Canada that offer short courses in HR that can be of utmost benefit to you when you arrive.

If you plan to land and reside in Ontario province you can Google HRPA they are in charge of the CHRP which is the body for HR professionals in the province of Ontario.

Have I left anything? Please my elders add to it.thanks.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Teamo2(f): 8:34am On Jun 21, 2020
I’m sorry for the confusion, was in a rush when I typed the message earlier.

And No, I did not do re-med.
My medical was automatically extended. It expired May 1st and by June 2nd, my profile was showing I had passed my medical exam.

SunshineD1:

I don't understand, biko help me out, no vex.
Your medicals expired May 1st, 2020 and on June 2nd, you got a mail saying you passed the medical exam? Did you do a re-med? Was your medicals extended?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Abuja2canada: 8:51am On Jun 21, 2020
Bishoplakes:

Thank you bro
Pls we are still open to more suggestions

She should do a short diploma course like acca, cima or bcs asap and you should also evaluate your certificate and write ielts
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by isaacola57: 8:59am On Jun 21, 2020
ThowLou:

Unilag is sending out results via DHL and has been treating a lot of their back logs since they resumed. Apply on the records portal and follow up with your contact there is you have any. A lot of people have been getting their transcripts processed by Unilag recently without much need to follow up. So you can apply now
how about Wes that doesn't collect DHL but electronic wat will I do
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kcosam: 9:00am On Jun 21, 2020
I have known @Justmellow from the Student visa thread and he has been doing a great job there which has helped a lot of student seeking for study visa. However, I also understand the concerns of @Ednut & @Otege regarding the success of AIPP application from Nigeria. I say this because I have been on the AIPP nairaland thread for more than a year and no single person from Nigeria has been successful in getting a job offer from the designated employers in the affected provinces with the exception of one nice dude with the moniker @Frankrobbin1 who has also done great Job on the study visa thread as well, am sure @Justmellow will definitely remember him. @Frankrobbin1 is the only person I have seen/heard that successfully got a job offer from one of the province and applied through the AIPP which his application has taken over 10 months without approval yet as the time I left the AIPP thread to join the EE thread. I remembered we were asking him how he was able to get the job offer but he said it was through LinkedIn and afterward, several of us had tried using his LinkedIn method without any success so far, so I believe it all down to LUCK after all. So I think @Justmellow is a nice guy and has not done wrong by referring the moniker to AIPP thread but there should be a caveat saying GETTING A JOB OFFER IS THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE FOR THIS IMMIGRATION ROUTE. @Ednut & @Otege are not wrong either by expressing there reservation about that immigration route due to the challenge in getting a job offer from Nigeria, I also have my reservation about the AIPP because I have tried it in the past. But our LUCK differs, it's only from the Indian thread you will see lots of success stories about AIPP, the Indians, Chinese, and Philippians always get job offers and immigrate using the AIPP route. So I think we should allow people do their own further research and make their decision on any immigration route suggested here but at the same time we need to also add NOTE of the possible difficulties on those route.

All you guys are doing great here.... One love guys.

Zeus04:

@JustMellow, nice one o!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by jujufada: 9:30am On Jun 21, 2020
What's the valuation of ICAN?

What's the valuation of ACCA??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by jujufada: 9:32am On Jun 21, 2020
*Hello House,*

*I studied Industrial Microbiology but have been working in the bank for the past 10years...*

*I was speaking with a friend in Canada yesterday and he told me another mutual friend was denied by Saskatchewan after getting ITA cuz he studied Physics and now works as an IT person in a brewery...*

*Please does anyone here have such experience?? What can one do in such a situation.*

*I am doing my ICAN but not through. I don't have an MSC.*
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Lajiniran: 10:09am On Jun 21, 2020
Hello experienced guys in here, I have checked my NOC no and its not under 0,A or B. Its under category C. What options do I have?

Do I have to look at other job experience I had, which may not be as much as the one I stated was under category C cos that was 5 yrs experience. While the others are not more than 1 year or 6 month.

Also, we are a family of 5 trying become a permanent resident of Canada.

Meanwhile, my wife has 2 years teaching experience and 2 years as a chemical technologist. Do I have to make her the principal applicant?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by olalekan9320(m): 10:18am On Jun 21, 2020
isaacola57:
how about Wes that doesn't collect DHL but electronic wat will I do
WES has started collecting hard copy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kennedychinedu: 10:29am On Jun 21, 2020
[quote author=jujufada post=90903296]*Hello House,*

*I studied Industrial Microbiology but have been working in the bank for the past 10years...*

*I was speaking with a friend in Canada yesterday and he told me another mutual friend was denied by Saskatchewan after getting ITA cuz he studied Physics and now works as an IT person in a brewery...*

*Please does anyone here have such experience?? What can one do in such a situation.*

*I am doing my ICAN but not through. I don't have an MSC.*[/quot

So part of the criteria for applying to Saskatchewan is that your work experience MUST rhyme with your first degree (at least to have a high chance of getting PPR in Saskatchewan).
If you doing ICAN because of this Canada waka I advice you to stop as it is a waste of time (WES does not see ICAN as 2 or more degrees).
But if you are doing ICAN for career development then carry on. However in my opinion if you are in the first statges of ICAN can you use that money to do CIPM, CIMA etc which can actually give you the necessary points.
As for your chances with Saskatchewan, Microbiology and Bank have no relationship at all. So in my opinion look for another province.

I have not had such experiences but I met someone at VFS who told me Saskatchewan rejected her on account that her degree did not match her work experience.

Hope you find this helpful

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by jujufada: 10:43am On Jun 21, 2020
Thanks a million.

I am done with foundation and now doing my skills in ICAN.

I Have also thought of CIMA but I don't know if the cost implications are on the same level as ACCA?

Does the PR waka require 2 relevant degrees or one BSc and one Masters??

Is there any certification equivalent to MSc in Finance and Banking

(1) (2) (3) ... (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) ... (747)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.