Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,089 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (597) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1333585 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Richdee1(m): 11:18am On Jun 21, 2020
Dennyjuff:

Uhm sorry to burst ur bubble oo but u will not recieve a positive assessment from WES with ICAN

Are u sure about that.. whizqueen forwarded all her documents to WES, ACCA, ICAN and others and this gave her additional points education wise?! I might be wrong but please elaborate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Richdee1(m): 11:22am On Jun 21, 2020
kcosam:
I have known @Justmellow from the Student visa thread and he has been doing a great job there which has helped a lot of student seeking for study visa. However, I also understand the concerns of @Ednut & @Otege regarding the success of AIPP application from Nigeria. I say this because I have been on the AIPP nairaland thread for more than a year and no single person from Nigeria has been successful in getting a job offer from the designated employers in the affected provinces with the exception of one nice dude with the moniker @Frankrobbin1 who has also done great Job on the study visa thread as well, am sure @Justmellow will definitely remember him. @Frankrobbin1 is the only person I have seen/heard that successfully got a job offer from one of the province and applied through the AIPP which his application has taken over 10 months without approval yet as the time I left the AIPP thread to join the EE thread. I remembered we were asking him how he was able to get the job offer but he said it was through LinkedIn and afterward, several of us had tried using his LinkedIn method without any success so far, so I believe it all down to LUCK after all. So I think @Justmellow is a nice guy and has not done wrong by referring the moniker to AIPP thread but there should be a caveat saying GETTING A JOB OFFER IS THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE FOR THIS IMMIGRATION ROUTE. @Ednut & @Otege are not wrong either by expressing there reservation about that immigration route due to the challenge in getting a job offer from Nigeria, I also have my reservation about the AIPP because I have tried it in the past. But our LUCK differs, it's only from the Indian thread you will see lots of success stories about AIPP, the Indians, Chinese, and Philippians always get job offers and immigrate using the AIPP route. So I think we should allow people do their own further research and make their decision on any immigration route suggested here but at the same time we need to also add NOTE of the possible difficulties on those route.

All you guys are doing great here.... One love guys.

Please can u drop the thread link in which Indians , Asians and Filipinos are much present in there?? thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Richdee1(m): 11:39am On Jun 21, 2020
please I need urgent answers.
1. Which certification( professional) can I take after having BSC in Social Work. Something relating to Healthcare.
I'll need it to send it with my BSC to WES for evaluation to increase my Points
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Bishoplakes: 11:42am On Jun 21, 2020
Ednut1 thanks so much bro, im new to using nairaland so couldn't quote you and Influential101 Abuja2canada.
Thanks for the advice. Its appreciated.

Please which of this courses mentioned will you advise for us, that will be fast and has high success rates.

And info on how to go about registration. Time isnt really on our side as our ielts will expire by next year july.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by niyogeol(m): 12:13pm On Jun 21, 2020
Lajiniran:
Hello experienced guys in here, I have checked my NOC no and its not under 0,A or B. Its under category C. What options do I have?

Do I have to look at other job experience I had, which may not be as much as the one I stated was under category C cos that was 5 yrs experience. While the others are not more than 1 year or 6 month.

Also, we are a family of 5 trying become a permanent resident of Canada.

Meanwhile, my wife has 2 years teaching experience and 2 years as a chemical technologist. Do I have to make her the principal applicant?

Thank you
Your wife can be the principal applicant if she has OND + HND, MSc or BSc + any diploma, CIMA, CIPM or BCS. Age could also be on the side of your wife so it is a win-win. Cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Raymum: 12:23pm On Jun 21, 2020
Please house, I have a situation and need help.

I am currently floating in the EE pool with 364 point. I have a master degree while my husband has B.Sc.(I am the primary applicant)

Age is already a minus for both of us. Here is the situation:

1. I just remember today that hubby told me long time ago that he did an INTERMEDIATE CERTIFICATE in Accounting and Finance(One year Full-Time i.e two Semesters) program at The Polytecnic Birnin Kebbi in 2001.
Please my people, can this give hime two or more certificate with his already assessed B.SC?

2. If the answer to the first question is ''No'', please someone should direct me to where to register for BCS Certificate in IT in Abuja.

Thanks and God bless you all. Biko, someone should help my situation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kennedychinedu: 12:24pm On Jun 21, 2020
jujufada:
Thanks a million.

I am done with foundation and now doing my skills in ICAN.

I Have also thought of CIMA but I don't know if the cost implications are on the same level as ACCA?

Does the PR waka require 2 relevant degrees or one BSc and one Masters??

Is there any certification equivalent to MSc in Finance and Banking

My dear, you may need to do some reading up oh. Your questions show that you may be nuclear on some things. But let me explain for you a bit then go and do your research.

1. Having two or more degrees which include;
i. Bsc and one relevant certification.
ii. HND and OND.

2. Masters gives you 7 or 8 more points cant remember more than 2 or more certificates.

Masters is masters whether masters is criminology or masters in madness. With the certificate to prove it anything nah masters. Looool

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kennedychinedu: 12:30pm On Jun 21, 2020
Richdee1:

Are u sure about that.. whizqueen forwarded all her documents to WES, ACCA, ICAN and others and this gave her additional points education wise?! I might be wrong but please elaborate

My brother you just answered yourself. You said she added ACCA. ACCA is recognized by WES as 2 or more.
ICAN from many responses here is not recognized by WES but you can still try if you doubt 80% of people.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kennedychinedu: 12:33pm On Jun 21, 2020
Richdee1:
please I need urgent answers.
1. Which certification( professional) can I take after having BSC in Social Work. Something relating to Healthcare.
I'll need it to send it with my BSC to WES for evaluation to increase my Points
Thanks

You can take any qualifications regardless of your first degree. IRCC does not check if your BSC matches the qualifications.
An engineer can do CIMA and pass and he will have added points. A banker can do BCS and pass. All nah to read book.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Raymum: 12:36pm On Jun 21, 2020
[quote author=Raymum post=90908501]Please house, I have a situation and need help.

I am currently floating in the EE pool with 364 point. I have a master degree while my husband has B.Sc.(I am the primary applicant)

Age is already a minus for both of us. Here is the situation:

1. I just remember today that hubby told me long time ago that he did an INTERMEDIATE CERTIFICATE in Accounting and Finance(One year Full-Time i.e two Semesters) program at The Polytecnic Birnin Kebbi in 2001.
Please my people, can this give hime two or more certificate with his already assessed B.SC?

2. If the answer to the first question is ''No'', please someone should direct me to where to register for BCS Certificate in IT in Abuja.

Thanks and God bless you all. Biko, someone should help my situation.

I am still struggling to Max out IELTS, hubby is not willing to do another IELTS for now. My current IELTS is L7.5, R6.5, W 7, S7.5.
Meanwhile, the Intermediate Certificate from Kebbi Poly is a Pre-ND program.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by sweetchi1011: 12:40pm On Jun 21, 2020
niyogeol:
Your wife can be the principal applicant if she has OND + HND, MSc or BSc + any diploma, CIMA, CIPM or BCS. Age could also be on the side of your wife so it is a win-win. Cheers.

Can OND and Bsc be evaluated as two degrees?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by niyogeol(m): 12:48pm On Jun 21, 2020
sweetchi1011:

Can OND and Bsc be evaluated as two degrees?
Yes.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Francieuche: 1:03pm On Jun 21, 2020
Please for those who have done ECA in my form which mailing address should I put because I am a bit confused ? Do I need a hard copy..
My sister Is a permanent resident in Canada can I put her address in the mailing address?
Am in Nigeria do I need the hard copy ?
And for wes to send it to my sister address in Canada will wes cost reduce?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Zeus04: 1:07pm On Jun 21, 2020
ambo1:

I am in the same boat too. I think you should exercise patience, so when u get to Canada you can do the different HR certifications available to you.

Mind you, different provinces have different bodies that are in charge of certifying HR professionals. For instance Ontario has a different body that Alberta.

The question that comes to mind is, do you have a higher degree in HR? Such as Master's or PhD? Because there are bridging programs that can help internationally trained HR professionals by exempting them from some courses.

To answer your question, I think the CIPM which is very good in Nigeria, might not be of use in Canada. In my opinion I feel it's only a higher degree like a master's and PhD that can do you a little good.

There are several colleges and universities in Canada that offer short courses in HR that can be of utmost benefit to you when you arrive.

If you plan to land and reside in Ontario province you can Google HRPA they are in charge of the CHRP which is the body for HR professionals in the province of Ontario.

Have I left anything? Please my elders add to it.thanks.

Very well said indeed. I have also done alot of enquiries by writing the possible provinces I intend to settle and I have gotten detailed email feedback on steps to take if you wanna join the HR body over there. Like you pointed out, for most, you need to settle in Canada.

However, if you have SPHRi or GPHR you can automatically convert to CPHR in British Columbia. All you need to do is just send them an email (I can avail you the registrars direct email address) attach your bachelor's degree, your SPHRi or GPHR certificate and resume detailing your years of experience(think min of 5 years). A friend did his conversion in January and he was asked to pay only 91k for the professional route which he got in 2 weeks. CIPM is almost completely useless over there as already pointed out! Though, one of the province I wrote kinda acknowledged it cos I evaluated it to their educational standard.

Hope this adds more light.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Lajiniran: 1:08pm On Jun 21, 2020
niyogeol:

Thank for the response bro, let me share with you our age and education.

I have
B.A History and International Studies,

Masters in History and Strategic Studies,

Associate Membership, Certificate of Institute of Strategic Management Nigeria.

Level II Certification in Health Safety and Environment , of Project Management Professional Institute. PMPI

5 yrs working experience in a paramilitary organisation.
1 year as Admin staff of a University
1 year as Admin support staff of a Telecom company

35 yrs of age.

Now, my wife.

B.Sc Biochemistry (Science Laboratory Technology Option)

Graduate Member: Nigerian Institute of Laboratory Science Technologists

2 years work experience as Health Care Volunteer

2year as Chemical Technologist in a Pharmaceutical company

2 years as Biology/ Chemistry Teacher in Secondary School.

Age 31.

I believe this will inform you better about us and help you to give us the best advise, thanks bro. Bless you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Zeus04: 1:11pm On Jun 21, 2020
Richdee1:

A friend with ICAN evaluated hers last year December and she got 2 or more ECA addional points. Except it's a new development not to accept ICAN.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Francieuche: 1:16pm On Jun 21, 2020
Can I put my sister Canada address as the mailing address for my wes form and also will it reduce the cost?
Do I necessarily need the hard copy or they scan me the hard copy to me?
Must I evaluate Bsc and MSC or just my MSC degree?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Zeus04: 1:21pm On Jun 21, 2020
jujufada:
*Hello House,*

*I studied Industrial Microbiology but have been working in the bank for the past 10years...*

*I was speaking with a friend in Canada yesterday and he told me another mutual friend was denied by Saskatchewan after getting ITA cuz he studied Physics and now works as an IT person in a brewery...*

*Please does anyone here have such experience?? What can one do in such a situation.*

*I am doing my ICAN but not through. I don't have an MSC.*

Yes true, an IT guy in my firm (a Fintect coy) with accounting background was denied as well in the Saskatchewan province some months back for the same reason. Seems they always insist on aligning your course of study to your professional line..which I find abit weird sha cos people can develop interest in any profession as they become older. Anyways, it seems to be their standard.

However, this isn't to discourage you, there isn't any harm to try it.. Perhaps, yours might just be different.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by chygoz3(m): 1:21pm On Jun 21, 2020
Francieuche:
Can I put my sister Canada address as the mailing address for my wes form and also will it reduce the cost?
Do I necessarily need the hard copy or they scan me the hard copy to me?
Must I evaluate Bsc and MSC or just my MSC degree?
If you provide a Canadian mailing address to WES, you'll be charged harmonised tax, which is higher than the cost of normal shipping to a Nigerian address, but cheaper than opting for courier delivery.
With WES, you can download a soft copy of your evaluation report. A hard copy is also sent via mail to the address you provide.
Evaluate MSc alone.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Exmay02: 1:25pm On Jun 21, 2020
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Exmay02: 1:26pm On Jun 21, 2020
Lajiniran:

Thank for the response bro, let me share with you our age and education.

I believe this will inform you better about us and help you to give us the best advise, thanks bro. Bless you

Due to age, its better your wife to be the PA. What is needed from u is your Masters for ECA, and ielts at least 8777, your wife needs get a cert/diploma to add to her BSc so she can claim 2 or more degree for extra point, she needs atleast 8777 in ielts too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Lajiniran: 1:59pm On Jun 21, 2020
Exmay02:

Due to age, its better your wife to be the PA. What is needed from u is your Masters for ECA, and ielts at least 8777, your wife needs get a cert/diploma to add to her BSc so she can claim 2 or more degree for extra point, she needs atleast 8777 in ielts too.

Okay sir. Kindly recommend one Cert or diploma that best fits her qualification. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Marykelly: 2:30pm On Jun 21, 2020
Has to be ICAN ATS and not ACA.
Richdee1:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Marykelly: 2:31pm On Jun 21, 2020
Wes is accepting hard copies
Tocde:
Good Evening house. Please I’m new to this platform and I have a question.
In light of the pandemic and WES not accepting hard copies, one of my edu criteria (ICAN) has given me the hard copy per requested but I’ve since requested for an e-copy to be sent to WES but The Institute has responded that they don’t send e-copies.

Please how do I go about this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 21, 2020
Please who can tell me how much it would cost me to write CIPM certification exam
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by isaacola57: 2:40pm On Jun 21, 2020
olalekan9320:
WES has started collecting hard copy
Are you sure.. are you really sure.. and pls disregard the 4th of june guy. cuz on their site they started collecting electronic from 4th of june upwards.. so his own was part of the backlog they cleared
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by sweetchi1011: 4:00pm On Jun 21, 2020
niyogeol:
Yes.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by adesbaba: 4:10pm On Jun 21, 2020
Please has anyone successful evaluated an Online Msc through Wes Or IQAS or ICES ...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Raymum: 5:30pm On Jun 21, 2020
I have figured out the answer. IELTS is the way out. Hubby can't add more point with an additional cert as dependent applicant.

Thanks to everyone for reading my ''mumu'' question.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by AJLB: 5:32pm On Jun 21, 2020
Good day everyone.

Please i applied for my WES evaluation for my MBA in OAU. I also paid EXT.NG, but the PG school told me that they don't send transcript to EXT.NG that i should provide WES email address for them to send the electronic copy to WES directly.

Please does anyone know the email address for WES that i can give the school or has anyone been in this situation with OAU PG school.

kindly assist
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by oty1993: 5:45pm On Jun 21, 2020
Hi guys, I'm thinking of another certificate to add to my Bsc. I know someone will ask me to go to page one but please if anyone can think of any certificate hopefully in the arts area, I can't do ICAN or CIMA. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Influential101: 6:01pm On Jun 21, 2020
Bishoplakes:
Ednut1 thanks so much bro, im new to using nairaland so couldn't quote you and Influential101 Abuja2canada.
Thanks for the advice. Its appreciated.

Please which of this courses mentioned will you advise for us, that will be fast and has high success rates.

And info on how to go about registration. Time isnt really on our side as our ielts will expire by next year july.

Thanks
I can't advise on which certification, check the syllabus content and see the one she can succeed at..

however, CIMA and ACCA seem to be the fastest to acquire... check out the two..

here's link to CIMA, you can check Google for the rest
https://www.nairaland.com/5332693/writing-cima-express-entry-lets

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.