Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,903 members, 7,817,676 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (611) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1334589 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Tocyn94(f): 10:28pm On Jun 26, 2020
ThowLou:
Good Morning Everyone, putting this info out for pre-ECA candidates with a degree from Unilag that they want to evaluate. I hope this information helps, you can PM me if you need further clarifications.

PS/Disclaimer: I do not work in Unilag and this is only based on my personal experience when I was in the ECA process.

As far as I know, Unilag does not engage the services of ETX-NG so you have to apply for your transcript via the records portal- records.unilag.edu.ng

* Click on new application/track applications
* Tick the box for the program you wish to evaluate and select unique destination
* Document Type is Transcript
* Destination is North American Countries
* Dispatch method is courier service (private)
* Enter WES Address
* Click on proceed and pay online
Good evening.
Please how do I attach the WES form for unilag to attach to my transcript.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by FarmGang(f): 10:38pm On Jun 26, 2020
Nacho4:
Guys, maybe this can encourage someone. Got my ielts test result today. Aced it in first sitting. Thanks to God and him alone.

MOD Idp. Paper based
Test date 13/06/2020
Yaba, Lagos

Listening 8.5
Reading. 8.5
Writing 7.5
Speaking 8

I initially booked same test date (13/06) on the 23rd of May. I was hoping to pay that week but for one or two reasons I couldn't. Well, I thought like BC do (or used to do) they will cancel the booking after 5days if payment wasn't made.

So on the 6th of June I booked again. This time for 20th June so I cld have enough time to prepare since I stopped reading after I couldn't pay for the initial 13th june booking. I paid same day, only for me to get an email the following day (7th) confirming my booking for 13th. I went "wtf!!!. I re-booked and paid for 20th, my 13th booking shoulda expired!!...I haven't read shit...help!!...lmao".

Well, thanks to prayers, Liz's and Jay's youtube videos for speaking and writing, I maxed it. I practised listening and reading using some cambridge sample abi na past questions wey de get volume 1 to 14. I did the 5 most recent volumes though.

To anyone about to write, it's possible to do it in one sitting. The exam is technical not difficult. There are strategies. Find them, follow them.

Well done.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Tocyn94(f): 10:42pm On Jun 26, 2020
Nacho4:
This isn't possible. It was 3k in February when I did mine. Transcript plus shipping 25k.

Post lockdown it's now 6k and 30k.

You can also request for your SOR to be sent to your mail. Same price - 6k

Some of my niggas did theirs last week.

Please how did you attach the Wes form to your application?
Heard it's supposed to be included when sending the transcript to Wes.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Exmay02: 10:44pm On Jun 26, 2020
oyibo4real:
Good day everyone, please someone help me with this quick information before i make a terrible mistake. In WES registration, am I suppose to use the name as it appears on my degree Certificate or I can go ahead with my marriage name. Please someone should come to my aid biko, na beg I dey beg. Lol

Use Marital name for WES registration, as I want to believe thats what have in your passport, there is a section for name on certificate, use your maiden name on that since ... No issue
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nacho4: 10:50pm On Jun 26, 2020
If you are asking about unilag, much as I know you don't need it. Didn't use it. Don't know anyone that did of all the people I know that did their evaluation with unilag

Tocyn94:

Please how did you attach the Wes form to your application?
Heard it's supposed to be included when sending the transcript to Wes.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by rvpbae: 10:58pm On Jun 26, 2020
FarmGang:

I recently paid for my MSc statement (Unilag) is actually 25k now.

When did you finish? I applied 2days ago and i was debited 6k.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by TOdus18(f): 11:21pm On Jun 26, 2020
Nacho4:
Guys, maybe this can encourage someone. Got my ielts test result today. Aced it in first sitting. Thanks to God and him alone.

MOD Idp. Paper based
Test date 13/06/2020
Yaba, Lagos

Listening 8.5
Reading. 8.5
Writing 7.5
Speaking 8

I initially booked same test date (13/06) on the 23rd of May. I was hoping to pay that week but for one or two reasons I couldn't. Well, I thought like BC do (or used to do) they will cancel the

Great job!
Weldon. This is encouraging.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nacho4: 11:27pm On Jun 26, 2020
Thanks

TOdus18:

Great job!
Weldon. This is encouraging.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jun 26, 2020
This was the guy that did "supervisor sign for me collabo" with the other GTB applicant....VOs of those days sha.....I wonder if they are still this thorough.

https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/218632/index.do?q=Nigeria+Federal+skill+worker+permanent+akinbile+residence+

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jun 26, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by opeyemi2012(m): 12:11am On Jun 27, 2020
mumnadine:
very easy now,,,yes pls lol
cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ShoeShineGuy: 12:37am On Jun 27, 2020
I will advise you not to even bother. My sibling here wrote with MOD on the 30th May and she had LRWS as 8 6.5 7.5 8 and she broke down emotionally saying she was sure she did well in the Reading and would never re-write but would rather remark. Long story short, she sent in the remark form (for L and R) by Sunday, 2 days after the result that is, and 10days later (on Wednesday this week), they communicated it to her that she should pick up her TRF on Monday, the 29th.

I'm not sure she'll be going because since there was no mail to fill a refund form, scores haven't changed surely. 89k gone down the drain at 4th attempt! Well, against my initial opinion, if you strongly fill in your gut that this can change and then the fund is no barrier, you can give remarking a shot. Nothing is impossible but get prepared for the worst while you keep firing on all cylinders with preparation for another test, please. As soon as you receive the outcome, if negative, obviously it was high time you registered and paid for another test proper.

Iyanu a sele sista mi!
Mo2020:

Thank you. I’m female though
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Onebase79(m): 12:50am On Jun 27, 2020
Nacho4:

MOD Idp. Paper based
Test date 13/06/2020
Yaba, Lagos

Listening 8.5
Reading. 8.5
Writing 7.5
Speaking 8
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Tocyn94(f): 1:09am On Jun 27, 2020
Nacho4:
If you are asking about unilag, much as I know you don't need it. Didn't use it. Don't know anyone that did of all the people I know that did their evaluation with unilag

Ok...Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by EnglishWithJosh: 1:42am On Jun 27, 2020
ShoeShineGuy:
I will advise you not to even bother. My sibling here wrote with MOD on the 30th May and she had LRWS as 8 6.5 7.5 8 and she broke down emotionally saying she was sure she did well in the Reading and would never re-write but would rather remark. Long story short, she sent in the remark form (for L and R) by Sunday, 2 days after the result that is, and 10days later (on Wednesday this week), they communicated it to her that she should pick up her TRF on Monday, the 29th.

I'm not sure she'll be going because since there was no mail to fill a refund form, scores haven't changed surely. 89k gone down the drain at 4th attempt! Well, against my initial opinion, if you strongly fill in your gut that this can change and then the fund is no barrier, you can give remarking a shot. Nothing is impossible but get prepared for the worst while you keep firing on all cylinders with preparation for another test, please. As soon as you receive the outcome, if negative, obviously it was high time you registered and paid for another test proper.

Iyanu a sele sista mi!
EOR hardly favours Reading. Answers are already programmed, so it's not a good decision.

Concerning your sister's belief, that's normal for examination candidates. By the time she sees the correct answers, she will definitely wonder how come she missed them out.

Advise her to give it a fifth try.

Regards,

Josh.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by teesquad007: 4:10am On Jun 27, 2020
Mr Architect lols,..Nice one,
Nacho4:
Guys, maybe this can encourage someone. Got my ielts t[sup][/sup].

To anyone about to write, it's possible to do it in one sitting. The exam is technical not difficult. There are strategies. Find them, follow them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Jaybye: 4:29am On Jun 27, 2020
Yes Mr Josh. @bolded, I indeed belong to that School of Thought. But then, I have seen two scenarios where Listening and/or Reading changed here in previous threads. I can't recall the monikers now.

EnglishWithJosh:

EOR hardly favours Reading. Answers are already programmed, so it's not a good decision.

Concerning your sister's belief, that's normal for examination candidates. By the time she sees the correct answers, she will definitely wonder how come she missed them out.

Regards,

Josh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Fabguen: 7:05am On Jun 27, 2020
Mamaroon:
This was the guy that did "supervisor sign for me collabo" with the other GTB applicant....VOs of those days sha.....I wonder if they are still this thorough.

https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/218632/index.do?q=Nigeria+Federal+skill+worker+permanent+akinbile+residence+

Thanks Mamaroon! This person was quite fortunate to be reconsidered. He, fortunately, had a formal document from HR saying they won't provide the reference in the desired format.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by smithval(m): 7:38am On Jun 27, 2020
ThowLou:

As long as package was signed off by Maple, call them and let them know your package is with them. Give them the tracking no and ask them when it will be updated. If they don’t respond after 48hrs, call again and don’t stop calling till your status is updated. It’s about 3pm there now, so you can call them today so it can be sorted by Monday if possible

Thanks, I will do just that. I appreciate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by smithval(m): 7:40am On Jun 27, 2020
Faithyyyyy:

If you can call wes directly it will help guide you better. Wait times is like 45 mins sha. Last time i called after sending my documents i was told they aren't attending to couried documents at the moment as they have a huge backlog due to the pandemic. They asked me to call back after a month. Fortunately for me i was able to share my result via myEquals platform for foreign schools and got my assessment in two days. I just wasted money

Yeah, I guessed the delay might be due to the backlog, layoffs and work from home caused by Covid-19. I will keep calling. Thanks, I'm really grateful
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by smithval(m): 7:42am On Jun 27, 2020
Nacho4:
Might sound absurd to do so, bit a colleague advice I call them out on Twitter @Wescanada or so. They usually respond Asap. My status changed within 30mins of calling em out.

Something like
"please what's going on @WESCanada. I sent my transcript wit wes number 1234567 on so and so date and it was delivered on so and so date with tracking number so and so but you are yet to acknowledge receipt on my profile. Kindly look into this"

Sounds totally absurd to do something like that yea. But it has worked everytime with all my guys. Your status changes within 30mins, 1hr

That'd be great. A nice idea. Didn't know about this and have been bombarding them with emails all these while.
Thanks for your help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bosunjohns(m): 7:45am On Jun 27, 2020
EnglishWithJosh:

Regards,

Josh.

I'm about writing my IELTS. What's the minimum score I should aim for?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kennedychinedu: 8:57am On Jun 27, 2020
Jaybye:
Yes Mr Josh. @bolded, I indeed belong to that School of Thought. But then, I have seen two scenarios where Listening and/or Reading changed here in previous threads. I can't recall the monikers now.

My brother seen on chat physically and seen a real result screen shot is different. Not everything you see here was sent by someone with conscience.
If you look at the original answer sheet you will see that 2 Examiners mark listening, meaning that after one person Mark's they send it to another to mark again. Check it you will see Examiner 1 and Examiner 2.
Reading and Listening remark is you dashing BC or IDP money. Let is stop it. That 15000 is tempting because it looks little but trust me that money will loss in remark.
Use the money to prep for another round. Only writing and speaking can change but they can only change if you are sure of what you wrote.
They do not change because it is your right. They only change because you feel you deserve a better score.
Thank you. Let us ask those people who their results have changed to post the 2 side by side let us see

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Dennyjuff: 9:00am On Jun 27, 2020
bosunjohns:

Aim for the highest scores It’s doable... so dt if u miss it won’t be so far off from the highest.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kennedychinedu: 9:05am On Jun 27, 2020
Teemez:
Good evening bro
Please what was your best score in Listening and Reading when practicing with ieltsonlinetest.com? Your response will be highly appreciated. My Exam is next month.

Use ieltsonlinetests.com only for listening.
Do not I repeat do not use that site for reading. They are a different format. Use only Cambridge for reading module.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Sammydizzle(m): 9:09am On Jun 27, 2020
Oh this is great! Congratulations

Nacho4:

MOD Idp. Paper based
Test date 13/06/2020
Yaba, Lagos

Listening 8.5
Reading. 8.5
Writing 7.5
Speaking 8

I initially booked for same test date (13/06) on the 23rd of May. I was hoping to pay that week but for one or two reasons I couldn't. Well, I thought like BC do (or used to do) they will cancel the booking after 5days if payment wasn't made.

So on the 6th of June I booked again. This time for 20th. I paid same day, only for me to get an email the following day (7th) confirming my initial booking for 13th. I went "wtf!!!. I re-booked and paid for 20th, my 13th booking shoulda expired!!...I haven't read shit...help!!...lmao".

Well, thanks to prayers, Liz's and Jay's youtube videos for speaking and writing, I maxed it. I practised listening and reading using some cambridge sample abi na past questions wey de get volume 1 to 14. I did the 5 most recent volumes though.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nacho4: 9:19am On Jun 27, 2020
�my oga don catch me. I de greet o

teesquad007:
Mr Architect lols,..Nice one,
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Gshun: 9:50am On Jun 27, 2020
Baba you don land? abeg how u take arrange ur waka, time don reach. lol
ednut1:
so make we share the money into two na angry. Send my share
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by FarmGang(f): 10:00am On Jun 27, 2020
kennedychinedu:

Use ieltsonlinetests.com only for listening.
Do not I repeat do not use that site for reading. They are a different format. Use only Cambridge for reading module.

How about Writing and Speaking?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by EnglishWithJosh: 10:12am On Jun 27, 2020
bosunjohns:

Hi Bosunjohns,

IELTS can only earn you a maximum of 24 points, and based on the information provided by IRCC, the minimum requirement is CLB 7 and 5 for NOC 0 or A and NOC B respectively.

I will suggest that you aim for 8.0 in the four sessions.

The link below should feed you with more details regarding IRCC language requirement.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/language-requirements/language-testing.html

I wish you good luck, Bosunjohns.

Regards,

Josh.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 10:18am On Jun 27, 2020
EnglishWithJosh:

Hi Bosunjohns,

IELTS can only earn you a maximum of 24 points, and based on the information provided by IRCC, the minimum requirement is CLB 7 and 5 for NOC 0 or A and NOC B respectively.

I will suggest that you aim for 8.0 in the four sessions.

The link below should feed you with more details regarding IRCC language requirement.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/language-requirements/language-testing.html

I wish you good luck, Bosunjohns.

Regards,

Josh.
crs scores and eligibility scores are not the same nor do they have same scores. To score maximum in ielts you need 8.5, 8,7. 5,7.5 in lrsw
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by EnglishWithJosh: 10:23am On Jun 27, 2020
ednut1:
crs scores and eligibility scores are not the same nor do they have same scores. To score maximum in ielts you need 8.5, 8,7. 5,7.5 in lrsw
Kindly pick your dictionary to educate yourself on the disparity between suggestion and fact.

Thank you!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.