Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,308 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (608) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1330672 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MayorOfEdmonton: 7:47pm On Jun 25, 2020
Depends on the choice of words in the letter I think, there are at least two persons that have used it successfully recently on NL.

mumnadine:
i don’t think they will accept to whom it may concern,mine wasn’t accepted anyway,,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MayorOfEdmonton: 7:51pm On Jun 25, 2020
Hi,
The more pertinent question is will she be able to process the transcript for an unapproved results?
I seriously doubt though. If she can get her transcript ready and sent, then yes there's a chance she can evaluate it.

FarmGang:
Hello and thanks for this thread. Its been really helpful.

Please what will you do in this case:
A friend has completed her MSc since last year in UI. But the senate has not yet sat to approve the results.
Can she still evaluate for the MSc with WES?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by pragya2017: 7:53pm On Jun 25, 2020
What if your previous employer gave you a reference letter with the Job title and without a Job description and Pay. What should the person do?

They also said they can't give another letter.

Mamaroon:

I'm not sure I understood the details, but....

When you submit your application eAPR:

A) For Work experience - list your work experience for the NOC that you are claiming points form

B) For Personal History - list ALL you have been doing for the past 10 years (education, work, unemployed, directorships, volunteer etc).

Docs to be submitted - reference letter from employer(s) for work experience you are claiming points for with job description that matches your primary NOC i.e. A) above. If you say you have 3 years experience, then attach letters from as many employers that will account for the 3 years.

If you are ok, points wise without the bank employer reference letter, good, just put it in personal history.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 25, 2020
ambo1:

Please try and be explicit. Do you mean your credentials? Are you evaluating for IRCC or for academics/University.

If the former is the case, you have to approach your University to send your transcripts to Wes through a courier service.

Certificates not transcripts can also be faxed to Wes through their address on their website.

I was actually asking about sending my certificate not transcript but you've already answered my question. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 25, 2020
MayorOfEdmonton:
There's a new adjustment WES made recently I noticed, you can upload your certificate/SoR during application on their website.
That eliminates the need to fax I think

Yes that was the method I used. They accept pdf and jpegs so I just took a clear photo of my certificate and sent in. It was accepted.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 25, 2020
pragya2017:
What if your previous employer gave you a reference letter with the Job title and without a Job description and Pay. What should the person do?

They also said they can't give another letter.

I don't think a letter with job title, but without job description will fly with IRCC, their application checklist requires it, there's a rejection case with that exact issue.

Personally, I would humble myself and go and beg the former HR. Obviously your job would have a description somewhere in the company records. I will prostrate and say they should please just write a cover letter and refer to the attached job description. Others may advise that your former colleague should write it for you on plain paper and notarize and that it worked for them ... that option scares me, I can't explain why.

Last last, if HR refuses, I would ask them to please do me the favour of informing me by email or in a letter. I would then attach the JD of the job when I applied for it (when you applied for the post there would have been an advert or something listing the JD), my employment letter, their letter saying they cannot write a ref with JD, annual job appraisals that show what you did and how well you did it, yearly goals etc all with the company logo, if possible.

Pay is easy to prove with pay slips and credit into your account.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Tolueneno(f): 8:37pm On Jun 25, 2020
Dandilion:

Yes that was the method I used. They accept pdf and jpegs so I just took a clear photo of my certificate and sent in. It was accepted.

Will they tell you immediately if it is accepted?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Francieuche: 9:00pm On Jun 25, 2020
Abeg where is the to whom it may concern unilag sent
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Neam9: 9:14pm On Jun 25, 2020
Alright, thank you.

Mamaroon:

No idea.

Honesty is the best policy though. If anyone has made a genuine error in the past or being dishonest in the past...best to explain the circumstances and move forward with the truth.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by mumnadine: 10:01pm On Jun 25, 2020
Tolueneno:

Oh wow!
What did you do?
i had to wait for almost 8 months before I eventually got my statement of results .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mo2020: 10:02pm On Jun 25, 2020
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mo2020: 10:03pm On Jun 25, 2020
Mamaroon:

I'm not sure I understood the details, but....

When you submit your application eAPR:

A) For Work experience - list your work experience for the NOC that you are claiming points form

B) For Personal History - list ALL you have been doing for the past 10 years (education, work, unemployed, directorships, volunteer etc).

Docs to be submitted - reference letter from employer(s) for work experience you are claiming points for with job description that matches your primary NOC i.e. A) above. If you say you have 3 years experience, then attach letters from as many employers that will account for the 3 years.

If you are ok, points wise without the bank employer reference letter, good, just put it in personal history.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by pragya2017: 10:06pm On Jun 25, 2020
Thank you for your response. I have submitted my application around march but what I did was to attach my employment letter, Job description, and credit into my account. I will quickly go and get another one and raise a webform to submit it.

Thank you

Mamaroon:

I don't think a letter with job title without job description will fly with IRCC, their application checklist requires it, there's a rejection case with that exact issue.

Personally, I would humble myself and go and beg the former HR. Obviously your job would have a description somewhere in the company records. I will prostrate and say they should please just write a cover letter and refer to the attached job description. Others may advise that your former colleague should write it for you on plain paper and notarize and that it worked for then.... I don't know about that.... the checklist says employer should write.

Last last, if HR refuses, I would ask them to please do me the favour of informing me by email or in a letter. I would then attach the JD of the job when I applied for it (when you applied for the post there would have been an advert or something listing the JD), my employment letter, their letter saying they cannot write a ref with JD, annual job appraisals that show what you did and how well you did it, yearly goals etc all with the company logo, if possible.

Pay is easy to prove with pay slips and credit into your account.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Tolueneno(f): 10:07pm On Jun 25, 2020
Francieuche:
Abeg where is the to whom it may concern unilag sent
It was sent to our mails
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by frodofem: 10:18pm On Jun 25, 2020
pweedieolamide:
Good day to everyone on this great platform.There's an issue bothering me. I'm married but i opened an account with Wes for my credential evaluation with my maiden name because thats the name on my certificates.I intend to write Ielts exam with the same maiden name.My passport which will be expiring this november carries my maiden name and i intend entering the pool before it expires in november. My question is should i enter the pool with my maiden name,since my passport carries the same name,then i indicate somewhere in my application that am married or my husband's name since i'll be renewing my passport very soon.

I dont even know how i'll put this my question but i hope someone understand me enough to answer me.Thanks

Hello, everyone, I am having a name issue as well. However, I am not married yet. Its just that inconsistency can be noticed in my certificates. I finished both my b.tech and m.tech from the same university however, both certificates bear different but similar NAMES. For instance, the surname is consistent but both middle and first names are changing and its all this Oluwa and Olu, being interchanged for both yoruba names I have. Although I have done affidavit and confirmation of name to indicate I bear all the names, but do you think that if I send those certificates to WES, I will not have any issues? Despite all of this my passport name is consistent with the WES application name though. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by olamide34(m): 10:24pm On Jun 25, 2020
Good day, Everyone.
I am really in need of your advice on which province is the best to apply to as a welder.

I have a two or more diploma certificate in business administration and I have 2 years experience in welding (Apprenticeship).

What documents do I need show appart from my welding certificate?

I would really appreciate your response.
Thanks

Someone should please answer
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MayorOfEdmonton: 10:35pm On Jun 25, 2020
Hi,
As long as you have a one and same person affidavit, you should be fine.
You can send/upload the affidavit to WES, although your ECA report will still state that there is some disparity in your names blah blah blah.
Post ITA, remember to attach the affidavit and an LOE explaining that your name was used interchangeably so there is no confusion.
Cheers

frodofem:

Hello, everyone, I am having a name issue as well. However, I am not married yet. Its just that inconsistency can be noticed in my certificates. I finished both my b.tech and m.tech from the same university however, both certificates bear different but similar NAMES. For instance, the surname is consistent but both middle and first names are changing and its all this Oluwa and Olu, being interchanged for both yoruba names I have. Although I have done affidavit and confirmation of name to indicate I bear all the names, but do you think that if I send those certificates to WES, I will not have any issues? Despite all of this my passport name is consistent with the WES application name though. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ThowLou(m): 11:44pm On Jun 25, 2020
Tolueneno:

Unilag sent those of us who haven’t gotten certificates ‘To whom it may concern’ today. Can I upload that to WES instead of paying another 25k to Unilag for Statement of Result?

I answered this question 2/3 pages before this. Please refer to it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by mbhs139(m): 3:39am On Jun 26, 2020
ShoeShineGuy:
It's well o.. Lol.. Obviously you're still basking in the euphoria of your breakthrough and "one year anniversary'". Congrats.
But bro, if I may speak d mind of a lot of people here, it will be much appreciated if you channel a fraction of this energy to fixing a time for those who have been looking up to you and this elusive Zoom or Google Hangout meeting.
Thanks in advance for the sacrifice of the approx 80k and congrats once more.

smiley smiley smiley

Well, the subtle subs would not go unnoticed, but we are not going to dwell on that smiley

Yea! Sure, I am still very much "basking in the euphoria" of my relocating to the abroad, something I never dreamt of, or could have ever imagined in a lifetime. So, you may want to excuse me for basking in that euphoria, for as long as it last. In any case, I will channel my energy towards making the meeting happen, and it's just a matter of time, so that those who are looking up to it will, at least, gain whatever benefits it brings to the table.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ShoeShineGuy: 4:39am On Jun 26, 2020
Honestly, I'm happy for you. My tone might be due to the fact that I've since looked forward to you coming up with a date and then, none yet. Lol.. It's a no mean feat brother relocating from this hopeless clime. It's just purely to remind you to stay focus on the purpose of your promise, a bit long after the d-day of celebration had passed. You owe nobody that service actually and I understand that fact.

Obviously, some of us here are controversial with our comments and personally, it's the reason posts come rarely from me since the turn of the year. The "basking in the euphoria" that I used shouldn't be harmful! I remember recently celebrating with Wassey (sometime last month I think) and Stevo2016 (June 14) on their one year anniversaries, though off Nairaland. If someone posted a PPR now and I congratulated such and end it with "bask in the euphoria of your victory", I doubt if the person will take any offence. And at the other bolded part? Lol, I as well belong to that group. I did thank you too for the estimated money you'll be sacrificing. Afterall, na person dey jand wey go decide not to pick calls or reply chats again from in former paddies..

My apology if you read other meanings to my post oo. Summarily, it was meant to say something like this; 'bros, our celebration don do na, abeg just give us date already..' More like a call to action that you shouldn't be a 'Nigerian Politician" with those juicy talks. (I hope this one won't get me into another trouble sha!!). I nor talk say you dey embezzle ooo....

Shalom!
mbhs139:

smiley smiley smiley

Well, the subtle subs would not go unnoticed, but we are not going to dwell on that smiley

Yea! Sure, I am still very much "basking in the euphoria" of my relocating to the abroad, something I never dreamt of, or could have ever imagined in a lifetime. So, you may want to excuse me for basking in that euphoria, for as long as it last. In any case, I will channel my energy towards making the meeting happen, and it's just a matter of time, so that those who are looking up to it will, at least, gain whatever benefits it brings to the table.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by crespo67: 4:51am On Jun 26, 2020
IELTS Victory at last.
June 13th LRWS 8.5/8/7/7.5
May 30th( The one there was a power cut during my listening test and I missed answering 4 questions) LRWS 7.5/7.5/7/8.5
March 7th BC LRWS 7.5/8.5/7.5/8

All works together for the God of them that love the Lord.

Thanks to ednut1 and Mamaroon that told me to contact IDP Australia to report the listening test incidence. I would have needed to spend another 73k.

Thanks to everyone that encouraged me not to give up. I am very grateful.

New CRS is 476..Ese Baba

50 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ShoeShineGuy: 4:55am On Jun 26, 2020
Congrats. ITA is sure! Congrats in advance.
crespo67:
IELTS Victory at last.
May 30th( The one there was a power cut during my listening test and I missed answering 4 questions) LRWS 7.5/7.5/7/8.5

Thanks to ednut1 and Mamaroon that told me to contact IDP Australia to report the listening test incidence. I would have needed to spend another 73k.

New CRS is 476..Ese Baba
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by fatdick(m): 5:45am On Jun 26, 2020
congrats bro
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by opeyemi2012(m): 5:48am On Jun 26, 2020
mumnadine:
unimaid has one of the most easiest evaluation process funny enough
Really? I concluded from my previous experience of getting a transcript to Unilag for my MSc in 2013. I guess a lot has changed now and that's great. You are a maidite, right?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Dammyope126: 6:38am On Jun 26, 2020
Sure, you can. I used it in February and it was immediately accepted by Wes without any delay.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by mumnadine: 6:40am On Jun 26, 2020
opeyemi2012:
Really? I concluded from my previous experience of getting a transcript to Unilag for my MSc in 2013. I guess a lot has changed now and that's great. You are a maidite, right?
very easy now,,,yes pls lol

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 26, 2020
Tolueneno:

Will they tell you immediately if it is accepted?

Yes and it will be saved on your document history. But also make sure the size is not more than 10mb

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by FarmGang(f): 7:35am On Jun 26, 2020
crespo67:
IELTS Victory at last.

New CRS is 476..Ese Baba
Nice one. How long did it take you to prepare for this? I plan writing mine next month.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by CanadaPR: 8:33am On Jun 26, 2020
thelma2803:

Thanks for the response. One last thing. I got into UNI via direct entry with a Diploma from the Nigerian French language village. What is required to send to WES to show I had the diploma as WES has specifically said they don’t Evaluate Diplomas gotten from there but I still need to prove I went there. I have unofficial transcripts and a To whom it may concern . Please let me know what you think might work.
Thank you.

You'll need to send the Diploma to WES for your Bsc to be evaluated. Give your WES reference number to the French Village School and tell them to send your official transcripts in a sealed envelope directly to WES. You will only need to scan and send a copy of the Diploma certificate to WES...

Transcripts must be sent by University or College
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by amzienoni: 8:33am On Jun 26, 2020
Hello all, thanks once again for all your help here. Please does anyone have a link for national ID card registration now. I wanted to register for passport but was told national ID card is required now and the people at the passport office are just calling prices for me to register for the NIN.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by FarmGang(f): 8:37am On Jun 26, 2020
amzienoni:
Hello all, thanks once again for all your help here. Please does anyone have a link for national ID card registration now. I wanted to register for passport but was told national ID card is required now and the people at the passport office are just calling prices for me to register for the NIN.

Unfortunately for now, the NIN offices are still close. Do you have your NIN number? My own issue was that I had the NIN number but I didnt have the slip so it was easy for me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.