Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,763 members, 7,813,535 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (615) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1331447 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Exmay02: 9:06pm On Jun 28, 2020
Kekereekun123:
that is assuming the pool is frozen, which obviously isn't . more people are writing ielts and eca daily

I am talking about the present, assuming draws continue immediately, just 2 draws will clear the 4 months entries.

More people are writing ielts, more people are getting ECA done, at the same time more people already in the pool before covid are losing points due to age.

Las las, everybody go dey alright.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Neam9: 9:09pm On Jun 28, 2020
Yeah, you're absolutely right o!.. smiley

crespo67:
Lolzzz..I feel you..IELTS is the humbler of men. Like I say again to people, after all the serious preparation, pray for luck..the outcome of the exam has a lot to do with luck. Even in speaking, luck plays a role..if you meet a speaking examiner that leads you on well, you will have a good time answering their questions and score well..if you meet a straight faced examiner that doesn't ask many connecting questions and doesn't lead you well, you wouldn't talk much and it would affect your score. Ultimately, it's to prepare very well, and pray for favour with the exam.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kech88: 6:41am On Jun 29, 2020
ifyonline:

Unilag Msc sends certificate to Wes when sending transcript, according to few of my friends that used them
Good day,i finished my Msc last year in unilag,and just got a To whom it may concern mail diz morning from deir pgs sch (i dont know if dt serves as deir statement of result).can i apply for my transcript 2 d sent to WES?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 29, 2020
Hello house, Who has successfully used Npower experience for EE and gotten PPR or know some that has? is it accepted or seen by the VO as volunteer job.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by spenca: 7:46am On Jun 29, 2020
AJLB:
Hello Everyone

The status of my WES application changed to 'in progress' yesterday but it has changed back to 'on hold' today.
Please does anyone knows what could be responsible for this, more so CIPM informed that they have sent the hard copy of transcript to WES, which is the only item showing as pending.

Also please does anyone has confirmation if WES has started accepting hard copy transcript now.

Hi, when did you apply for the transcript and how did CIPM send it ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by crespo67: 9:22am On Jun 29, 2020
I had to rewrite all 4 sections. It took them about 12 days to give me the final feedback offering me a free test. I was asked to pick any test dates between June 13th and September 12th and I picked June 13th. I had just one day to prepare because I received the mail June 11th. I eventually passed that free test and I thank God I got the free offer because I got a 7.5 in the previous Reading section, and got an 8 in the free test. So it all worked for my good. I wish you all the best.
firpemi:
Thank you. I will send an email once I don't get feedback by Wednesday from the organizers.
Did you rewrite just the affected test or the 4? Also, how long did it take to get a response from IDP
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ehizy007: 9:36am On Jun 29, 2020
Sorry about that. Please what center was that If I may ask?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MaziObiagu1: 10:51am On Jun 29, 2020
ShoeShineGuy:
I will advise you not to even bother. My sibling here wrote with MOD on the 30th May and she had LRWS as 8 6.5 7.5 8 and she broke down emotionally saying she was sure she did well in the Reading and would never re-write but would rather remark. Long story short, she sent in the remark form (for L and R) by Sunday, 2 days after the result that is, and 10days later (on Wednesday this week), they communicated it to her that she should pick up her TRF on Monday, the 29th.

Iyanu a sele sista mi!
eeeh lemme respond to this real quick. I don’t know if it’s the same with IELTS British Council tho, but REMARKING WORKS! It has worked very well for me.

I wrote my first IELTS: 8.5,8.5,7.5,6.5 respectively. 6.5 for writing. For the second exam, I concentrated on the writing and still got 6.5 in writing!!! I knew what I wrote. I was literally devastated. I applied for remarking and my 6.5 was changed to an 8! 1.5 bands were added! My speaking also moved half band from 7-7.5. So I had 8,8,7.5,8 on the second try and that’s what I needed. My 15k was refunded. I didn’t even care! I was more than happy to get my 8.

Yes my case is an exemplification of grace cos me sef no expect to see band 8. But this is how it works. Generally, you can get half or one band when we apply for remarking. This applies to Speaking and Writing only cos the examiner uses your language production to access your level of English Language proficiency. So it allows for a bit of DISCRETION. But when it comes to reading and listening, it’s like OBJ. It’s either you get it right or you don’t. No discretion.

So if you are looking for a half band or one band in WRITING OR SPEAKING, please ask for a remark.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ThowLou(m): 10:58am On Jun 29, 2020
MaziObiagu1:
eeeh lemme respond to this real quick. I don’t know if it’s the same with IELTS British Council tho, but REMARKING WORKS! It has worked very well for me.

I wrote my first IELTS: 8.5,8.5,7.5,6.5 respectively. 6.5 for writing. For the second exam, I concentrated on the writing and still got 6.5 in writing!!! I knew what I wrote. I was literally devastated. I applied for remarking and my 6.5 was changed to an 8! 1.5 bands were added! My speaking also moved half band from 7-7.5. So I had 8,8,7.5,8 on the second try and that’s what I needed. My 15k was refunded. I didn’t even care! I was more than happy to get my 8.

Yes my case is an exemplification of grace cos me sef no expect to see band 8. But this is how it works. Generally, you can get half or one band when we apply for remarking. This applies to Speaking and Writing only cos the examiner uses your language production to access your level of English Language proficiency. So it allows for a bit of DISCRETION. But when it comes to reading and listening, it’s like OBJ. It’s either you get it right or you don’t. No discretion.

So if you are looking for a half band or one band in WRITING OR SPEAKING, please ask for a remark.

It clearly stated, remarking for reading and listening is a gamble. Everyone knows you can remark writing and speaking.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Gshun: 12:07pm On Jun 29, 2020
Chief, i sent you a PM. kindly respond
ednut1:
crs scores and eligibility scores are not the same nor do they have same scores. To score maximum in ielts you need 8.5, 8,7. 5,7.5 in lrsw
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by punchyy(f): 12:21pm On Jun 29, 2020
Dandilion:
Hi guys.
If you're an alumni from Madonna University and you're considering using the etx option, can you contact me? I'm trying to use that option as well but the guys at exams and records don't trust it. They claim it's malicious. They're insisting on using the courier option and that will take a long time considering the backlog but I'm thinking if more people speak up on the option to them they will believe.

Please do you have a reliable contact that can process transcript, did you apply in person. Graduated from Okija campus.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Xoxa1(f): 12:41pm On Jun 29, 2020
Good afternoon, please for those that have successfully registered for ciin October diet,do you have any idea if it would be postponed as I read some where(can't remember) that the April set are yet to write theirs. Thank you
Moreover I learnt it's a new syllabus for October
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 29, 2020
punchyy:

Please do you have a reliable contact that can process transcript, did you apply in person. Graduated from Okija campus.

I do. Send a pm, I can't share her contact here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Vslayer: 12:50pm On Jun 29, 2020
pato405:

Sorry pls,
Does WES require your maiden name at the point of applying for ECA? Or did you apply with your marriage name and sent the affidavit along with Certificate/transcript?

Please someone should help us here.. How do I send the prove of change of name to Wes.(marriage certificate) The name on my passport is different from the one in the certificate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by temitayor007: 12:59pm On Jun 29, 2020
Hi All. Please I need an advice here. WES sent my verification mail to ICAN to verify my ATS certificate on 12th June. I reached out the professional and ATS department of ICAN and they confirmed to me that they didn't receive any verification mail from WES. I used the CONTACT US to reach WES and they responded that the verification was actually sent. Please can anyone advice on what to do here, as I don't even know the next step to take. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Asking: 1:02pm On Jun 29, 2020
Please must you Verify your certificate alone side your transcript because I know the are both 10k each
Innunique:

NN charges for verification, it's not a free process.
Check https://alumni.unn.edu.ng/iverification for how to do it and be ready to shell out 20k for your verification.
if you need additional help, send me a PM
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by eetzdave(m): 3:08pm On Jun 29, 2020
Afternoon everyone, please can anyone advice me on how to get started with the ielts, i intend writing as soon as possible, im in need of materials. Any reaponse would be really appreciated...thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by oluwamitomisin: 3:10pm On Jun 29, 2020
oluwamitomisin:

Thanks to everyone's input. I got invitation for biometrics two days ago. Looking forward to the next stage.

Any idea of what I need have handy other than those listed in the invite?

Hello everyone. Any idea of biometrics capture is possible at VFS around this (corona) period?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Jephehe: 3:19pm On Jun 29, 2020
Good day All,

Have anyone evaluated his/her HND with International Credential Assessment Service of Canada? If yes, what was the outcome of the report?

Any lead idea will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Exmay02: 3:25pm On Jun 29, 2020
Vslayer:

Please someone should help us here.. How do I send the prove of change of name to Wes.(marriage certificate) The name on my passport is different from the one in the certificate

WES not interested in that, until later stage in the EE before u need proof. Let your WES profile be in your marital name, while name for certificate to be evaluated will obviously be maiden name.

No issues. That's the normal process

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Solidcitizen: 3:30pm On Jun 29, 2020
oluwamitomisin:

Hello everyone. Any idea of biometrics capture is possible at VFS around this (corona) period?

VFS office has been closed for a long time now. I have been waiting to do my biometrics for the last one and half months. Let's just hope they open soon
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by firpemi(f): 3:52pm On Jun 29, 2020
Yaba
Ehizy007:
Sorry about that. Please what center was that If I may ask?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by firpemi(f): 3:55pm On Jun 29, 2020
Thank you mate.[quote author=crespo67 post=91189651]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by FarmGang(f): 4:10pm On Jun 29, 2020
AJLB:
Hello Everyone

The status of my WES application changed to 'in progress' yesterday but it has changed back to 'on hold' today.
Please does anyone knows what could be responsible for this, more so CIPM informed that they have sent the hard copy of transcript to WES, which is the only item showing as pending.

Also please does anyone has confirmation if WES has started accepting hard copy transcript now.

Hi everyone, Kindly advise. A friends is having difficulty in getting here MSC transcript because the senate is yet to approve the result. But the has CIPM certificate. Will the CIPM certificate give equal evaluation or what difference will CIPM make over her BSC? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by FarmGang(f): 4:10pm On Jun 29, 2020
MaziObiagu1:

ednut1:
crs scores and eligibility scores are not the same nor do they have same scores. To score maximum in ielts you need 8.5, 8,7. 5,7.5 in lrsw
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by punchyy(f): 4:52pm On Jun 29, 2020
Dandilion:

I do. Send a pm, I can't share her contact here.
Ok
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Msidiodi: 5:00pm On Jun 29, 2020
Pls how did u order ur notes? I’d like to order mine, raised about 3 webforms with no reply from AVO and today made my application 9 months. Kindly reply. Thanks
[quote author=Zeus04 post=91165325]

Yeah they have... I also ordered mine on the 12th of June... Hope it comes in soonest. Indeed they have been working and I understand Canada is to fully open it's borders on the 30th of June.. Perhaps all will start moving again both PPR issuance and FSW draws.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by oluwamitomisin: 5:06pm On Jun 29, 2020
Solidcitizen:

VFS office has been closed for a long time now. I have been waiting to do my biometrics for the last one and half months. Let's just hope they open soon

Ah! My head o.

Please comment on this post when you have new info. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ehizy007: 5:18pm On Jun 29, 2020
Okay.

firpemi:
Yaba
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nacho4: 5:24pm On Jun 29, 2020
Check your pm

eetzdave:
Afternoon everyone, please can anyone advice me on how to get started with the ielts, i intend writing as soon as possible, im in need of materials. Any reaponse would be really appreciated...thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.