Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,525 members, 7,837,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (641) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1349323 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Oleayo22(f): 1:52am On Jul 11, 2020
Agbeni33:

Have replied you. Lasu said they are not using Ext ng. They said they already have correspondence with WES and they sent my transcript through that on 16th of June. But my account as not been updated by WES since then.
Hello thank you
Oh wow, I just paid before coming on Nairaland. I did not see your response. Please if you have number of a contact person in LASU please share with me. thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Jolieee: 2:25am On Jul 11, 2020
To send your transcript to WES you must first make payment as that is only when you get a reference number which is the acceptable identifier for documents sent to WES. So bear in mind that you will have to send that transcript again after you make payment.

To answer your question, so long as your initial evaluation is still in progress, you can write to WES if you need to add another certificate for evaluation and it will be added and evaluated without an additional fee, but once the initial evaluation has been completed, you will have to pay for the second doc. to be evaluated. The fee is about CAD110.

Gifty28:
Guys I have another question pls, I’m considering CIIN, Wes has my undergraduate transcripts with them but I haven’t made payment yet. Is it possible to apply for CIIN then afterwards send it to Wes and make payment? Will they accept to use 1 payment for both my bsc and CIIN considering the fact that I sent them months apart! This is urgent pls and important
Ps: I’m yet to apply for CIIN and I haven’t paid for Wes

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by philaw(m): 3:19am On Jul 11, 2020
Josephhh:
Did you get a similar mail? What does your timeline or status look like, is it Booked and confirmed? or just booked, waiting for approval?

Just booked bro. It's supposed to be 25th July. Said I will get confirmation a week to the exam. Are you going today?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by BeuHarry: 3:52am On Jul 11, 2020
Jolieee:
To send your transcript to WES you must first make payment as that is only when you get a reference number which is the acceptable identifier for documents sent to WES. So bear in mind that you will have to send that transcript again after you make payment.

To answer your question, so long as your initial evaluation is still in progress, you can write to WES if you need to add another certificate for evaluation and it will be added and evaluated without an additional fee, but once the initial evaluation has been completed, you will have to pay for the second doc. to be evaluated. The fee is about CAD110.

This is not exactly so. One can select western union option to defer payment and the reference number will be generated immediately. Whenever you are ready to pay, just simply select card option and pay with your card. I did this severally and it worked.

However, WES will not acknowledge the receipt of any document you send until they receive payment.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by meetme01: 5:41am On Jul 11, 2020
BeuHarry:

This is not exactly so. One can select western union option to defer payment and the reference number will be generated immediately. Whenever you are ready to pay, just simply select card option and pay with your card. I did this severally and it worked.

However, WES will not acknowledge the receipt of any document you send until they receive payment.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Trippledots(m): 6:21am On Jul 11, 2020
Wow.... This thread is long oh.

Hello guys. Well done for allnthe guides and helps given here.

Biko, I AM NEW HERE OH. kindly advise me.

I am a working engineer here and just recently decided to take this relocation thing seriously after loosing my dad last May to a failed medical system here. I think my kids deserve a better life and chance at life if i can manage to secure one for them. I am currently unmarried too.

So, i have been told that I need to write IELTS exam, prepare a profile and wait to be invited by Canada. My question is this, where am i to start from and are there any fine details one needs to be aware of before starting the whole process?

I already know about the exam fees and even gotten some test centre addresses closest to me.

I will be applying as a skilled worked and not for studies.

I plead with you all to assist a brother.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Trippledots(m): 6:23am On Jul 11, 2020

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Thetherapist: 6:29am On Jul 11, 2020
Josephhh:
Hello everyone! My BC IELTS is scheduled for tomorrow here in Ibadan, with the booked and confirmed status. Yet there's an email which states that all exams are postponed in Nigeria, except in Lagos and Abuja. Has anyone gotten similar email?

Is it computer base or paper base test. The test in Abuja and Lagos is computer base. They are yet to commence paper base testing in the country. I was able to put a call through to them yesterday and they said computer base testing in other cities should start next month but can't say when the paper base testing would commence.
If you are not cool with computer base testing. I would advice you apply for refund and just register with IDP
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 11, 2020
BeuHarry:

Helo please how will one know that the document has gotten to Wes? since the will not acknowledge it till payment is made.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Chenkes: 7:05am On Jul 11, 2020
But someone just asked you to read page 1. If you took that advice, you would have gotten the answer to your question. It will also be beneficial to you on the long run.
Tundeom:
Hello. Please, I need your advice.

I have BSC, MSC and CIPM. Which should I evaluate with WES?
MSC + CIPM? OR BSC+MSC+CIPM? Do I get extra points from doing the three? Or Msc + CIPM is okay? I'm new here.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by COPR2020: 7:07am On Jul 11, 2020
ThowLou:
Any staff of GTBank here who has gotten a reference letter? Kindly PM me on how you went about it or kindly share details of the kind of reference you were given. Clarifying for a friend, it’s quite urgent. Thank you.

Your friend should send a mail to the dept in charge, definitely he will be refused. After yhat, he should request for the general reference letter and ask a colleague to write for him or her and then notarize it.
He will submit
1.The refusal mail as proof of evidence that letter is not given in cic format also you can add LOE to it
2. The notarized letter by the colleague
3. Paystub

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by COPR2020: 7:09am On Jul 11, 2020
ThowLou:

Thank you. We just want to know the exact content of the letter. It will aid her in speaking with her supervisor and explaining why she wants a letter from him.

Meeting a direct supervisor is not advisable, let her discuss with a trusted colleague
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Chenkes: 7:13am On Jul 11, 2020
You're welcome here. All the answers to your questions and intending questions are on page 1. Dedicate some time to read it and then ask specific questions as they arise
Trippledots:
Wow.... This thread is long oh.

Hello guys. Well done for allnthe guides and helps given here.

Biko, I AM NEW HERE OH. kindly advise me.

So, i have been told that I need to write IELTS exam, prepare a profile and wait to be invited by Canada. My question is this, where am i to start from and are there any fine details one needs to be aware of before starting the whole process?

I already know about the exam fees and even gotten some test centre addresses closest to me.

I will be applying as a skilled worked and not for studies.

I plead with you all to assist a brother.

Thanks.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by BeuHarry: 7:29am On Jul 11, 2020
Nenyezz:
Helo please how will one know that the document has gotten to Wes? since the will not acknowledge it till payment is made.

In my case, my contact in my school gave me the tracking number. I tracked it online and knew exactly when it was delivered and received at WES office.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by BeuHarry: 7:34am On Jul 11, 2020
IbroDante:
hi, i already made my account and was ineligible in the express entry profile in alberta province due to low crs. ielts 6.5. can i revoke my gckey to create a new clean profile.? or delete the ineligibility profile i created and recreate another one to be eligible for alberta province? or can the ineligibility profile created work for alberta?

this is the message i received after creating it please any insight on what to do next thank you

Dear dante
Express Entry Profile:
Your Express Entry profile has been reviewed and we have determined that you are not eligible for Express
Entry at this time.
To qualify for Express Entry, you must meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker
Program, and/or the Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or the Canadian Experience Class. Based on the
information you gave in your profile, you do not appear to meet the minimum eligibility criteria for any of these
programs at the moment.
Below are a few examples of why a candidate will be found ineligible:
• not having a valid language test,
• language test results that are more than two years old,
• a language test score that is too low,
• not having enough relevant work experience,
• not having the required education level,
• not having enough funds.
If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you can take steps to improve your qualifications and
register for Express Entry at a later date. For example, you may try to improve your language score or gain a
higher level of education.
You can also consider applying directly to a province or territory through the Provincial Nominee Program. Learn
more here: .
Find out more about immigrating to Canada at .

You have to create a new profile from scratch with the same Gckey. Meanwhile, your 6.5 in IELTS will not render you ineligible. You need to pay attention to all the information you are entering, especially proof of funds, education (hope you have an ECA report). You could start by filling the questionnaire that checks the programme you are qualified for.
Visit page 1 for more guidance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by tysaxmalomo: 7:58am On Jul 11, 2020
Good Morning all,
After checking page 1 I saw the price for Medicals at 40,200/adult. Don’t know if this is still what is obtainable at IOM in Lagos.

Can anyone confirm the total amount paid for Medicals. And what are the required documents to hold ?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by smartkester(m): 8:10am On Jul 11, 2020
Good day everyone, please I need a candid advice. I'm 28 years old, a graduate of chemical engineering with a Master's degree in same discipline but zero experience so invariably, I'm an applicant. I simulated my EE scores with the CRS tool using IELTS of LRSW 8,8,8,8 and 1 year NYSC experience but I couldn't even Hit 432. Please what's the best way to boost my CRS scores.

PS: I'm single (Not married)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Richdee1(m): 8:12am On Jul 11, 2020
opeyemi2012:
Wish I knew this earlier. Unilag will not frustrate my life. I am tired

E be like na wetin I go do. Just send ma transcripts immediately I finish, make dem hold am, till I get another certificate, send am layer on,even if na 2 years b4 I'll pay.. Wow this is Nice!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Amanee(f): 8:20am On Jul 11, 2020
Max out IELTS and you'll get 24 additional points

smartkester:
Good day everyone, please I need a candid advice. I'm 28 years old, a graduate of chemical engineering with a Master's degree in same discipline but zero experience so invariably, I'm an applicant. I simulated my EE scores with the CRS tool using IELTS of LRSW 8,8,8,8 and 1 year NYSC experience but I couldn't even Hit 432. Please what's the best way to boost my CRS scores.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by akintunde63: 8:33am On Jul 11, 2020
Tundeom:
Good evening, everyone.

1) will ICES accept M.Sc. statement of result (at the point of registration) while Unilag sends my Transcript by official email? My certificate is not ready. I convoked last year.

2) Is it possible to evaluate CIPM certificate? If yes, how do I go about it? Do I have to get a transcript from them or what? Will addition point be gotten for it?

Thank you

Yes, ices accepts statement of result
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Trippledots(m): 9:08am On Jul 11, 2020
Chenkes:
You're welcome here. All the answers to your questions and intending questions are on page 1. Dedicate some time to read it and then ask specific questions as they arise

Alright.. Will do that. Thank you.

Edit:
The links in that first page are just "manyful" ni o... embarassed

But by God's grace i will eat em one by one and testify soonest. Pls what does PPR, ECA mean?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 11, 2020
opella:

Yes my NOC was 4031. For the letter, your job duties should cover a good percent of the listed main duties on the CIC website. I was lucky the school principal allowed me to draft the letter myself. Attached was what I used...hope this helps.

Thanks for sharing this opella.......cc opeoyek

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 11, 2020
COPR2020:

Your friend should send a mail to the dept in charge, definitely he will be refused. After yhat, he should request for the general reference letter and ask a colleague to write for him or her and then notarize it.
He will submit
1.The refusal mail as proof of evidence that letter is not given in cic format also you can add LOE to it
2. The notarized letter by the colleague
3. Paystub

Cc ThowLou

In addition , your friend should also include his annual work appraisals and goals for all the years that he/she can find......I can't think of anything else in the absence of a ref letter from an employer that shows roles and responsibilities.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by BeuHarry: 9:41am On Jul 11, 2020
smartkester:

Your calculation is definitely wrong. At 28, with Masters, 1 year experience and 8888 IELTS your CRS score should be 453.
To advise you,you can do one or more of the following;

1. Get a job and work for further 2 years
2.. Learn French and ace TEF
3. Get married to someone with Masters, 3 years work experience who can MAX IELTS
4. Apply and/or hope to get provincial nominations (uncertain)

There are several other options, like going through the study route, exploring other programmes etc.
All you need to do is research, research, research then develop an action plan and stick to it.
I'd advise you to start from page 1 of this thread and read up.
All the best!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by philaw(m): 9:42am On Jul 11, 2020
Thetherapist:

Is it computer base or paper base test. The test in Abuja and Lagos is computer base. They are yet to commence paper base testing in the country. I was able to put a call through to them yesterday and they said computer base testing in other cities should start next month but can't say when the paper base testing would commence.
If you are not cool with computer base testing. I would advice you apply for refund and just register with IDP
Oh mine is IDP. Means it will proceed. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by BeuHarry: 9:45am On Jul 11, 2020
Trippledots:

Alright.. Will do that. Thank you.

Edit:
The links in that first page are just "manyful" ni o... embarassed

But by God's grace i will eat em one by one and testify soonest. Pls what does PPR, ECA mean?

Way to go! Just be patient and read up, you will get answer to almost every question you may have.

For instance, here is a link to list of acronyms used in the process. This answers the question you just raised now.
https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/1#59646061

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by smartkester(m): 9:49am On Jul 11, 2020
BeuHarry:

Your calculation is definitely wrong. At 28, with Masters, 1 year experience and 8888 IELTS your CRS score should be 453.
To advise you,you can do one or more of the following;

1. Get a job and work for further 2 years
2.. Learn French and ace TEF
3. Get married to someone with Masters, 3 years work experience who can MAX IELTS
4. Apply and/or hope to get provincial nominations (uncertain)

There are several other options, like going through the study route, exploring other programmes etc.
All you need to do is research, research, research then develop an action plan and stick to it.
I'd advise you to start from page 1 of this thread and read up.
All the best!
thanks so very much for this concise input but if I may ask please, can I still go through the study route for another Master's degree in Canada (I learnt getting Master's admission is quicker and easier than pH.d and I don't mind having another Master's in the bag) or would it better I forge ahead for a Ph.d?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 9:58am On Jul 11, 2020
IbroDante:
hi, i already made my account and was ineligible in the express entry profile in alberta province due to low crs. ielts 6.5. can i revoke my gckey to create a new clean profile.? or delete the ineligibility profile i created and recreate another one to be eligible for alberta province? or can the ineligibility profile created work for alberta?

this is the message i received after creating it please any insight on what to do next thank you

Dear dante
Express Entry Profile:
Your Express Entry profile has been reviewed and we have determined that you are not eligible for Express
Entry at this time.
To qualify for Express Entry, you must meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker
Program, and/or the Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or the Canadian Experience Class. Based on the
information you gave in your profile, you do not appear to meet the minimum eligibility criteria for any of these
programs at the moment.
Below are a few examples of why a candidate will be found ineligible:
• not having a valid language test,
• language test results that are more than two years old,
• a language test score that is too low,
• not having enough relevant work experience,
• not having the required education level,
• not having enough funds.
If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you can take steps to improve your qualifications and
register for Express Entry at a later date. For example, you may try to improve your language score or gain a
higher level of education.
You can also consider applying directly to a province or territory through the Provincial Nominee Program. Learn
more here: .
Find out more about immigrating to Canada at .
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html if you score below 67/100 it will be ineligible. You need to redo ielts if u have only bsc or it wont be up to 67. Did you score below 6 in any module too Alberta is also not inviting outsiders for pnp as unemployment there has risen so look elsewhere

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Trippledots(m): 10:01am On Jul 11, 2020
BeuHarry:

Way to go! Just be patient and read up, you will get answer to almost every question you may have.

For instance, here is a link to list of acronyms used in the process. This answers the question you just raised now.
https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/1#59646061

God bless! That list is so helpful.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Tundeom: 10:03am On Jul 11, 2020
Thank you

akintunde63:

Yes, ices accepts statement of result

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Josephhh: 10:06am On Jul 11, 2020
Yeah I was there earlier, and I was told exams are postponed. I'll suggest you call them to be sure, it seems all exams are postponed till further notice except in Lagos and Abuja but they are still accepting applications for other locations.

philaw:
Just booked bro. It's supposed to be 25th July. Said I will get confirmation a week to the exam. Are you going today?

(1) (2) (3) ... (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) ... (747)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.