Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (670) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1333605 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ladykilllar: 7:10pm On Jul 24, 2020
Gifty28:
Guys I have another question pls, I’m considering CIIN, Wes has my undergraduate transcripts with them but I haven’t made payment yet. Is it possible to apply for CIIN then afterwards send it to Wes and make payment? Will they accept to use 1 payment for both my bsc and CIIN considering the fact that I sent them months apart! This is urgent pls and important
Ps: I’m yet to apply for CIIN and I haven’t paid for Wes

Hello. How did you generate a reference number for Wes without payment. I would also like to send my transcript to Wes and wait for my second certificate so as to pay once. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by emeify1: 7:55pm On Jul 24, 2020
Pls does WES evaluate WAEC?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eniolakiite(f): 8:07pm On Jul 24, 2020
Feelings of the masses doesn't change the behind-the-scenes politics going on between both countries tho.

bezimo:

I have lived in Canada for 5 years.Thats quite some time to understand what's happening ..Canadians don't like Americans because they are seen as crazy, rude and brash.I know the feeling because I am in the system.Right now Canadians don't want to see any American here nor their cars...because of how poorly they have dealt with the Corona virus in the USA. So what do those Americans do..they lie that they are going to Alaska that they should let them pass through Canada only to end up somewhere in Canada. They insist and have kept the border closed since to non-essential travel. As a matter of fact if you are American and they see you galivanting around in Canada. They will report you to the police and you will be fined heavily..That's current status..just so you know.

And your claims that folks who have American visa are likely been given Canadian visa is a flawed claim as I know a number of folks who have been bounced..infact in recent times..Canada has only been approving only 25-30% applicants from Nigeria irrespective of where they have travelled to.. go figure out why?

The other existing claims of visa arrangement to Canada/USA are true based on NAFTA.It doesn't change the general feeling of Canadians towards Americans.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ShoeShineGuy: 8:11pm On Jul 24, 2020
Fill in everything as usual but at the last part to select mode of payment, pick Western Union and submit. Your reference number should be generated without successfully making any payment. Whenever you are ready to pay, log in to your WES Canada account and proceed to Payment. This time, select the Cards option and go ahead to pay with your MasterCard or any acceptable debit card.
ladykilllar:

Hello. How did you generate a reference number for Wes without payment. I would also like to send my transcript to Wes and wait for my second certificate so as to pay once. Thanks

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 8:15pm On Jul 24, 2020
Zeus04:

Bro, it's all politics. Countries general form great ties with neibouring nations. It's been like that since the medieval epoch.

If Naija is running a program, it will def favour citizens from Ghana and the likes over peeps in like South Africa. Cos they will always need each other for anything in future.

Y do u think once u get a US visa, your chances of getting a Canadian visa becomes high or vice versa? Or if you have a Canadian PR and apply for a US visa... They give you 10 years. Also a Canadian citizen can easily get an N1 visa to work in the US so long the person holds a minimum of a bachelor's degree based on the NAFTA (North America Free Trade Agreement).

So it's a known thing and honestly, I won't be shocked if t some point they create a special route for citizens of America and perhaps Mexico to relocate to their country, especially in times that US are placing bans on immigration
if you have canada pr there is no way you will go live as illegal immigrant in USA so they will give you the 10 years easily.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kibjab(m): 8:51pm On Jul 24, 2020
EngrSarah:
Please house, I am looking for some guidance.

My first application was denied and I got ITA again and trying to fill out the second application
There is a session title "Immigration history and citizenships" and 2 out of the 5 questions have me confused.
1. Has EngrSarah applied to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada before: I answered Yes
2. Has EngrSarah applied for Permanent Residence (PR) before: I answered Yes

Here are the questions confusing me:
3. Please provide the Permanent Residence (PR) file number: I believe this should be the file number, which starts with an "E" of my rejected application, right?
4. If EngrSarah has a Unique Client Identifier (UCI) please enter it below: I believe this should be the UCI of my rejected application, right?

Thanks in advance!

I think you are correct with your assumptions. I wish you all the best this time and i hope you have addressed the NOC issues that led to the initial refusal. Best of luck.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Zeus04: 9:39pm On Jul 24, 2020
bezimo:

I have lived in Canada for 5 years.Thats quite some time to understand what's happening ..Canadians don't like Americans because they are seen as crazy, rude and brash.I know the feeling because I am in the system.Right now Canadians don't want to see any American here nor their cars...because of how poorly they have dealt with the Corona virus in the USA. So what do those Americans do..they lie that they are going to Alaska that they should let them pass through Canada only to end up somewhere in Canada. They insist and have kept the border closed since to non-essential travel. As a matter of fact if you are American and they see you galivanting around in Canada. They will report you to the police and you will be fined heavily..That's current status..just so you know.

And your claims that folks who have American visa are likely been given Canadian visa is a flawed claim as I know a number of folks who have been bounced..infact in recent times..Canada has only been approving only 25-30% applicants from Nigeria irrespective of where they have travelled to.. go figure out why?

The other existing claims of visa arrangement to Canada/USA are true based on NAFTA.It doesn't change the general feeling of Canadians towards Americans.

I hear you but you need to understand that the population views of persons from another country and that of the govt agreement are 2 diverse things. For instance, do we as citizens agree with Ghanaians.. Maybe or maybe not. But I know we have our own 'cold war' over everything by trolling ourselves on... Football, entertainment, even jollof rice but fact remain that Naija and Ghana have close strong ties in the political arena.

Now back to the discuss as it pertains to immigration, I am aware that most nations are avoiding the US... And as we know, it's cos of how they have managed their Covid cases... Infact, words in corners are even saying that the US is part of the reason y Canada is yet to re-open it's borders cos the likelyhood that it will skyrocket again in Canada is high when Americans starts trooping in. So this may be the reason why they are being careful of Americans right now... But I want to believe this isn't the norm outside Covid matters.

I also hear you when u say the Canadians may not like the Americans... I v also lived in the US before coming back home and I know how they stroke the Canadians about their accent, their inferior dollar when compared to theirs... Even their harsh weather etc. But fact is that the US is still their closest friend and they will always favour their neibouring allies... It's simple politics!

As for the visa application, there are always exceptions about all applications. But your chances of getting a US visa as a Canadian PR is high... Infact, you stand wayyyy greater chances as to when a regular Naija man applies for a US visa. This I know for a fact!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Zeus04: 9:40pm On Jul 24, 2020
ednut1:
if you have canada pr there is no way you will go live as illegal immigrant in USA so they will give you the 10 years easily.

Very true!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Zeus04: 9:42pm On Jul 24, 2020
Eniolakiite:
Feelings of the masses doesn't change the behind-the-scenes politics going on between both countries tho.

Very apt. Again, it captures my point to him as well.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Tton: 9:47pm On Jul 24, 2020
Wow...what did you use to study

ladykilllar:

Mapping can be quite tricky to be honest. Here are some tips that helped me.

Before they start speaking quickly skim through and make note of the labels already stated in the question paper Eg flagpost, City Centre, North River etc. This is essential because some answers will be described as 'you can find the statue close to the Flagpost'

Also try to draw the four cardinal points to aid you when they mention Something like "the Northern part of the map"

Makesure you quickly sight the starting point where the narrator will probably start. It could also be an entrance, gate or reception.

When they start describing. Use your idle hand( hand not with pencil) to follow the routes on the paper as the mention it in the audio. Then write your answer down.

When you are done with a section and they ask you to check your answers. Go to the next section instead and read ahead. This will give you ample time to get familiar (that's if you don't have missing questions in the previous section)

Also practise more and get familiar and develop a way to help you. I believe everyone has a way.

Keep practicing and good luck ahead.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Gifty28(f): 9:48pm On Jul 24, 2020
After adding all your details, choose standard ($7) delivery if I can recall so it the total comes to 200 plus, click on make payment, click on western union that way your Wes no shows on your screen. Take a screenshot or write it down.

ladykilllar:

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by oginnite(m): 10:45pm On Jul 24, 2020
Okay, thanks for your response
Nacho4:

I think you are in the best position to know if you need more volumes or not.

Practice makes perfect. But then, because of our different abilities, some people don't need as much practice as others.
I'm assuming you already know you would need youtube videos for writing & speaking, especially Liz's and Jay's
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by logophilia: 11:33pm On Jul 24, 2020
Zeus04:

Send me a PM... The one I am using is quite good and he does virtual sessions too... I'd send his number to you.

Hi Zeus04, also interested in the french tutor. I already sent you a PM.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ladykilllar: 11:47pm On Jul 24, 2020
Tton:
Wow...what did you use to study

Every damn thing.................Cambridge 1-15, ieltsonline.( confidence smasher), barron ( piece of cake ) and those ielts app on playstore.

Lay your hands on useful resources however

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ladykilllar: 11:49pm On Jul 24, 2020
ShoeShineGuy:
Fill in everything as usual but at the last part to select mode of payment, pick Western Union and submit. Your reference number should be generated without successfully making any payment. Whenever you are ready to pay, log in to your WES Canada account and proceed to Payment. This time, select the Cards option and go ahead to pay with your MasterCard or any acceptable debit card.

Thanks boss
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ladykilllar: 11:49pm On Jul 24, 2020
Gifty28:
After adding all your details, choose standard ($7) delivery if I can recall so it the total comes to 200 plus, click on make payment, click on western union that way your Wes no shows on your screen. Take a screenshot or write it down.

Hmm would try it out. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SunshineD1: 12:22am On Jul 25, 2020
bezimo:

So true. I know a frequent visitor to USA that was denied Canadian visa thrice

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Zeus04: 12:55am On Jul 25, 2020
logophilia:

Hi Zeus04, also interested in the french tutor. I already sent you a PM.

Responded with his digits. Confirm same

All the best man!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by RealTrump: 1:03am On Jul 25, 2020
Gummygummy:
Hello Everyone, just checked my ielts results and as I expected the listening component did me in. I scored LRWS 7/6/7/7.5. I was really afraid of the map questions so I practiced endlessly while still fervently praying it doesn’t appear. However it did, and it was the most complicated map I have ever seen. I couldn’t even understand the criss crosses on paper and locations mentioned in the audio and they were about six questions I think. In a way, I think it affected my mood for the rest of the exams but I managed to forge on. It’s this reading that has me somersaulting! Me score 6 in reading...how na?? I’ve been pretty confident about my reading skills all through practice period and all. The reading was a walk through and I even had ample time to triple check all my answers. I’m guessing I made a mistake somewhere, maybe in how I supplied the answers, numbering or something. There just has to be something that went wrong and I’ll go back to the drawing board and fix everything once and for all. Please seniors in the house help with tips on how you aced your map and listening questions overall. Coming back with my testimony next month. Time to check into the reading room again ��

Unfortunately u will have to rewrite this. It is a tricky exam n u shd realize above anything that ur last failure does not guarantee that u will pass d next one. You need to respect each exam cos they are all different.

I must admit that passing involves some luck n getting the map question is some bad luck.

The only contribution I have is regarding the question types as seen in the attached picture. I figured out the only way to score all questions with confidence is to tackle this question type as of u r a journalist. I figured this out on my own n I have not found it elsewhere.

Take question 14 for example, when speaker will first mention d keyword "pillow" and proceed to describe where d pillow can be found. Once d speaker starts talking about pillow, write down EVERYTHING u hear regarding pillow. Don't answer d question yet, this is ur jotting stage not answering stage. Do the same thing for questions 14-18, write down everything u hear just like a journalist. You need to be fast with jotting. Ensure ur jottings r bold so u can read your own handwriting. Come back n figure out d right answer.

If u do this question type any other way, it might work but u are taking a big gamble. Some questions are simpler than this, others like the one during my test are a lot harder. There was no way I would have mentally answered d questions without writing it down.

For d map question, it is very intimidating. Not a bad idea if u prepare ur mind that it is ok to miss one or two map questions so it doesn't destabilize u during d test.
Good luck.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by logophilia: 1:25am On Jul 25, 2020
Zeus04:

Responded with his digits. Confirm same

All the best man!

Recieved. Thanks man.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Gifty28(f): 4:45am On Jul 25, 2020
Not anymore, it’s been removed. Bsc, 2 or more cert, masters etc

emeify1:
Pls does WES evaluate WAEC?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by maak400: 6:09am On Jul 25, 2020
I got my IELTS results yesterday. My people I hope this is good enough pls. Can I proceed with creating express entry profile?

Listening 8.5
Reading 7.0
Writing 6.5
Speaking 7.0

Overall 7.5
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by maak400: 6:17am On Jul 25, 2020
Gifty28:
Not anymore, it’s been removed. Bsc, 2 or more cert, masters etc

I have university diploma and bsc, can I go on to evaluate the two or I should just evaluate the bsc only?
As regards professional certification, I have certificates in desktop publishing and project management from institutions that I don’t think are recognized, do I need to evaluate them too?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by CTOBY: 6:39am On Jul 25, 2020
Hello to all,
Please I have a question and would love to get a reply as well as proof to the answer.
I have a first cousin in Saskatchewan who is willing to provide information for me to apply under SINP. There is a situation, he has a single (unmarried) brother you wants to enroll or participate in Express entry. He is not eligible for SINP due to occupation in demand and education not related to work experience.

Can my cousin provide information for me as a connection in SINP and at the same time can his brother gets points for EE as well apply for FSW?.

The brothers EE point is quite low even with points from his brother and an extremely good IELTS result.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by achievep: 6:44am On Jul 25, 2020
I believe so. I will suggest you go ahead with your application process.

CTOBY:
Hello to all,
Please I have a question and would love to get a reply as well as proof to the answer.
I have a first cousin in Saskatchewan who is willing to provide information for me to apply under SINP. There is a situation, he has a single (unmarried) brother you wants to enroll or participate in Express entry. He is not eligible for SINP due to occupation in demand and education not related to work experience.

Can my cousin provide information for me as a connection in SINP and at the same time can his brother gets points for EE as well apply for FSW?.

The brothers EE point is quite low even with points from his brother and an extremely good IELTS result.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by achievep: 6:46am On Jul 25, 2020
You can go ahead to create your profile. However, if there is any way to improve your IELTS score, please explore it, if you decide to write the exam again, try to target a minimum average score of 8.

All the best

maak400:
I got my IELTS results yesterday. My people I hope this is good enough pls. Can I proceed with creating express entry profile?

Listening 8.5
Reading 7.0
Writing 6.5
Speaking 7.0

Overall 7.5
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nacho4: 6:54am On Jul 25, 2020
maak400:

I have university diploma and bsc, can I go on to evaluate the two or I should just evaluate the bsc only?
As regards professional certification, I have certificates in desktop publishing and project management from institutions that I don’t think are recognized, do I need to evaluate them too?
Yes to evaluating your University diploma and Bsc as it will give you the points for "two or more certificates".
No to your second paragraph.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by enildem: 7:41am On Jul 25, 2020
Please drop your email address, thank you. [quote author=conscienceman4 post=92027391][/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by enildem: 7:51am On Jul 25, 2020
Hello, I sent you a mail. Please contact me on: 08104276162. Thank you.
MayorOfEdmonton:
PM me for unizik MSc I know someone that can help

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by maak400: 8:02am On Jul 25, 2020
achievep:
You can go ahead to create your profile. However, if there is any way to improve your IELTS score, please explore it, if you decide to write the exam again, try to target a minimum average score of 8.

All the best

Thanks a lot sir

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by maak400: 8:03am On Jul 25, 2020
Nacho4:

Yes to evaluating your University diploma and Bsc as it will give you the points for "two or more certificates".
No to your second paragraph.
Thanks a lot

(1) (2) (3) ... (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.