Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (682) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1337204 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by llade(m): 7:03pm On Aug 02, 2020
SunshineD1:

Start from page 1, wealth of information there. Simulate your scores which would determine who the PA will be. Estimate the amount you'll need to process it vis-à-vis your financial situation. Age is not on your side, if your wife is much younger, with masters and years of work experience then you stand a good chance by making her the PA.
Again, start from page 1, all the info you need is there
Thanks. But assuming one is successful, can one just keep his wife and kids in Canada and still work in Nigeria for a few years before joining them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by uchejudos(f): 8:35pm On Aug 02, 2020
Hello Goodevening
Pls don’t be offended ; I just got here ; my friend told me I can help from here;
Pls how do I start ?? For the free entry
I studied public health ; graduated 2018
Will be done serving this October ; I have bee working even during school part time and now
Pls how do I start ; reading everything here my head has been jamming
Can some pls help me with the steps
I will appreciate ; I really need this
God bless
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Elanqy: 8:38pm On Aug 02, 2020
uchejudos:
Hello Goodevening
Pls don’t be offended ; I just got here ; my friend told me I can help from here;
Pls how do I start ?? For the free entry
I studied public health ; graduated 2018
Will be done serving this October ; I have bee working even during school part time and now
Pls how do I start ; reading everything here my head has been jamming
Can some pls help me with the steps
I will appreciate ; I really need this
God bless
Everything you need is on page 1

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eniolakiite(f): 8:44pm On Aug 02, 2020
You can. I know people doing such.

llade:

Thanks. But assuming one is successful, can one just keep his wife and kids in Canada and still work in Nigeria for a few years before joining them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by PRFirstlady: 11:36pm On Aug 02, 2020
Hi Everyone,

As a couple we are currently on 471. But with the spouse unaccompanied it’s 478.

Advice on whether on not to go ahead with spouse unaccompanied, considering the present situation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lasignor(m): 11:51pm On Aug 02, 2020
PRFirstlady:
Hi Everyone,

As a couple we are currently on 471. But with the spouse unaccompanied it’s 478.

Advice on whether on not to go ahead with spouse unaccompanied, considering the present situation.
Go with spouse accompanying and file for your spouse later. It's better to be apart for 1year than to wait together without PPR for a year. You are still the one to make the decision though, so make the decision that is best for your family.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by uchejudos(f): 11:57pm On Aug 02, 2020
Elanqy:

Everything you need is on page 1

Hello ; I have gone back to it and read through ...
However I have a question bothering me

My friend in Canada said I should apply for express entry as a tailor since I have experience .
Instead of applying with school with public health
Since my tailoring is about 10years while with study I have accumulative of 4-5 yeas work experience ; pls is that okay ??
Will that have any effect on my chances to get entry and in the future if I want to start up my masters ....
In summary is it okay to apply as unskilled person ;
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by PRFirstlady: 12:00am On Aug 03, 2020
lasignor:
Go with spouse accompanying and file for your spouse later. It's better to be apart for 1year than to wait together without PPR for a year. You are still the one to make the decision though, so make the decision that is best for your family.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by PRFirstlady: 12:01am On Aug 03, 2020
lasignor:

Thanks for your response,

How soon does the PA get PR after landing, and can the process of spouse visa start immediately after pr or it’s after a year?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 12:39am On Aug 03, 2020
uchejudos:

Hello ; I have gone back to it and read through ...
However I have a question bothering me

My friend in Canada said I should apply for express entry as a tailor since I have experience .
Instead of applying with school with public health
Since my tailoring is about 10years while with study I have accumulative of 4-5 yeas work experience ; pls is that okay ??
Will that have any effect on my chances to get entry and in the future if I want to start up my masters ....
In summary is it okay to apply as unskilled person ;

Your comeback questions still maintained that you didn't read through but glanced through.
Make the page your Bible as most answers needed are right there.
Let me try if I can answer a little.
Work during Bsc doesn't count ( I stand to be corrected) while your NOC needs to be checked if you are eligible ( NOC 0, A or B).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SunshineD1: 12:57am On Aug 03, 2020
llade:

Very possible but you must meet a required number of days. I can't remember how many now, please Google it, to qualify for renewal of PR and Citizenship.
If I'm wrong, I'm sure others will weigh in
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by corpershun: 1:31am On Aug 03, 2020
PRFirstlady:
Hi Everyone,

I’ll say be patient and monitor the next draw.
471 is a really good score.
Prediction is that scores will still drop.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 1:52am On Aug 03, 2020
corpershun:

I’ll say be patient and monitor the next draw.
471 is a really good score.
Prediction is that scores will still drop.
nothing is certain

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Zeus04: 3:30am On Aug 03, 2020
Liispa:

Like Oct-Dec 2019 I can still understand, but February?? Ahhh. @the bolded I know right! Cause I always see ghost updates and passed statuses in Accra gcms notes. Its not a predictable VO o

Very true. AVO is a crazy India film with part 1,2,3,4... 00

For ya'all still awaiting the FSW draws, as you pray for it to commence, reserved a part of the prayer to avoid your file to go to Accra o! Lolz
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Zeus04: 3:31am On Aug 03, 2020
SunshineD1:

Life no jes balance a'all

Lolz!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Threemg: 4:07am On Aug 03, 2020
PRFirstlady:
Hi Everyone,

471 is a very good score trust me. All you need is just patience. Trust me COVID-19 has changed a whole lot of things around this immigration stuff so saying spouse will come and join you after one year is not a guarantee. A friend in my Church's (here in Calgary) filed for the wife for some times now, still no show. As much as the decision lies with you I'd advise you apply with your spouse accompanying 471 will fetch you ITA it's just a matter of time. All the best

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kunlewoye(m): 5:03am On Aug 03, 2020
I don come again, guys.

So, upon IELTS and ECA completion I submitted my profile in April (spouse unaccompanying).

New Brunswick PNP sent me an unsolicited LOI.
I responded with my EOI submission and ITA was received afterwards from NB.

Lost birth certificate. I have an old Declaration of Age affidavit. Not sure exactly what would suffice in place of an original birth certificate. Kindly advise.

Funds from a recent land sale will go toward this process. Pls how am I supposed to package my PoF?

Background info: CRS - 471.
Brother 1 in Ontario (Canadian Citizen)
Mum: Canadian PR
Brother 2 in New Brunswick (Canadian PR. Chosen as my connection).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by iwinosajack: 5:36am On Aug 03, 2020
llade:

Yes you can; but you have to meet the residency obligations in order to renew ur pr or apply for citizenship. You Must be physically present in Canada for 1,095 days ( 3 yrs) in every 5 yrs. There are some exceptions though

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by legionISproteus: 6:41am On Aug 03, 2020
Francieuche:
Sometimes I just want to Lie on the Floor and weep for Nigeria..the Decay in all facets is irritating.. Even to process Transcript is worse..Only God can take one away from this Egypt
what god?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 6:49am On Aug 03, 2020
kunlewoye:
I don come again, guys.

So, upon IELTS and ECA completion I submitted my profile in April (spouse unaccompanying).

Lost birth certificate. I have an old Declaration of Age affidavit. Not sure exactly what would suffice in place of an original birth certificate. Kindly advise.

Funds from a recent land sale will go toward this process. Pls how am I supposed to package my PoF?

none of your brothers know how you will package it

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by BeuHarry: 6:59am On Aug 03, 2020
[quote author=iwinosajack post=92399263]

Yes you can; but you have to meet the residency obligations in order to renew ur pr or apply for citizenship. You Must be physically present in Canada for 1,095 days ( 3 yrs) in every 5 yrs. There are some exceptions though [/quote

3 years out of 5 for Citizenship. 2 years out of 5 for renewal of PR status
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by BeuHarry: 7:00am On Aug 03, 2020
kunlewoye:
I don come again, guys.

Get attestattion of birth certificate from NPC in your state capital

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by BeuHarry: 7:03am On Aug 03, 2020
lasignor:

471 is a very good score but I will not advise you to wait. I will also not advise you to go as unaccompanied.
Get your spouse to max IELTS (yes, it is possible) and evaluate their academic credential(s). That way, you will increase scores and stand a better chance.
Las las the decision is yours (you and your spouse) to make
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by uchejudos(f): 8:02am On Aug 03, 2020
brogxy:

Your comeback questions still maintained that you didn't read through but glanced through.
Work during Bsc doesn't count ( I stand to be corrected) while your NOC needs to be checked if you are eligible ( NOC 0, A or B).

Hi ;
I actually read through and was on the page for over 6 hours :
I don’t know how to explain but try and understand me
Someone introduced me to this trend ; that I should read and get back to him ; I did ; I have checked my NOC and then did that eligibility test by inputting scores; and was prompted that I was eligible ...,.
So my next actually is ielts .....

But while talking with the dude ; he said something about since I know how to sew ; that I can even apply as tailor if I see it in the NOC ; that is en easier for unskilled to come ; that even if I come with degree ; I will still not work with my qualifications ....
I only left school 2018 ; and he said with my 5years of experience from school will give me lesser point ; than when i apply with 10years experience in sewing .....

So I am asking if I should discard school ; and apply as unskilled ; if eventually I pass ielts ;
Are there disadvantages of applying as skilled or unskilled .....
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Liispa(f): 8:28am On Aug 03, 2020
Zeus04:

Very true. AVO is a crazy India film with part 1,2,3,4... 00

For ya'all still awaiting the FSW draws, as you pray for it to commence, reserved a part of the prayer to avoid your file to go to Accra o! Lolz

When I sent a webform to confirm my VO, I soo prayed!! grin cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kcosam: 8:42am On Aug 03, 2020
kunlewoye:
I don come again, guys.

First of all, why did you chose spouse unaccompanying when you have all these relatives in Canada as PRs and Citizen? I still wonder though.

However, I want to assume that your decision to go spouse unaccompanying was because of your CRS score right? Now that NB is interested in your profile, I want to advice that you should quickly update your EE profile from spouse unaccompanying to spouse accompanying because NB nomination will automatically add 600 points to your CRS score which will certainly guarantee your ITA in the next EE draw, this is the best time to make this change because once nomination drop on your EE profile and ITA is accepted, you can not update your profile again.

Regarding birthday certificate, the declaration of age affidavit should suffice as some applicants had successfully used it in the past, but if you are not comfortable using it, then you can get attestation of age certificate from NPC in your location.

For the POF, there are options you can choose from;
1. You can leave the money from the land sales in your account and submit your bank statement with your application.

2. You can invest the money in either treasury bill, mutual fund, or fixed deposit, and submit the investment certificate and your bank statement showing the movement of the money from your bank account to the investment.

NOTE: in all these options, you need to also submit the land sales receipt showing your name as the previous owner, or submit a gift deed if the land document was not in your name. This bit will show evidence of the source of fund.

All the best!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ipheoluwa22: 9:18am On Aug 03, 2020
Threemg:

Hi, talking about Calgary, what do you think about Vancouver for new immigrants?

471 is a very good score trust me. All you need is just patience. Trust me COVID-19 has changed a whole lot of things around this immigration stuff so saying spouse will come and join you after one year is not a guarantee. A friend in my Church's (here in Calgary) filed for the wife for some times now, still no show. As much as the decision lies with you I'd advise you apply with your spouse accompanying 471 will fetch you ITA it's just a matter of time. All the best
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by mobenjackson(m): 10:19am On Aug 03, 2020
Incase you wanna pay CAD, just used Zenith and i was charged #289 naira per CAD... Cheers y'all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SunshineD1: 10:27am On Aug 03, 2020
uchejudos:

Hi ;
I actually read through and was on the page for over 6 hours :
I don’t know how to explain but try and understand me
Someone introduced me to this trend ; that I should read and get back to him ; I did ; I have checked my NOC and then did that eligibility test by inputting scores; and was prompted that I was eligible ...,.
So my next actually is ielts .....

But while talking with the dude ; he said something about since I know how to sew ; that I can even apply as tailor if I see it in the NOC ; that is en easier for unskilled to come ; that even if I come with degree ; I will still not work with my qualifications ....
I only left school 2018 ; and he said with my 5years of experience from school will give me lesser point ; than when i apply with 10years experience in sewing .....

So I am asking if I should discard school ; and apply as unskilled ; if eventually I pass ielts ;
Are there disadvantages of applying as skilled or unskilled .....
Thank you

You'll need to do more. Google is your friend. Use the search bar here to search too. Your situation is most likely unique and not the norm so you must be open to plenty research and reading. Have you ever worked as an employee asides tailoring?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Annettevoke(f): 10:29am On Aug 03, 2020
Please is the bolded true? that working during Bsc doesnt count? house please respond.

brogxy:

[Work during Bsc doesn't count ( I stand to be corrected)[color=#006600][/color],while your NOC needs to be checked if you are eligible ( NOC 0, A or B).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 03, 2020
mobenjackson:
Incase you wanna pay CAD, just used Zenith and i was charged #289 naira per CAD... Cheers y'all.

Was what you paid for above 650 cad?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MayorOfEdmonton: 11:11am On Aug 03, 2020
The moment u land, yaf become PR. They will send your PR card in some weeks thereafter. Spousal sponsorship can start anytime after ur residency status has been confirmed(After u land) I think.
Like someone said already the spousal sponsorship may take longer than previously with Convid-19 and the consequent uncertainties.

PRFirstlady:

Thanks for your response,

How soon does the PA get PR after landing, and can the process of spouse visa start immediately after pr or it’s after a year?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.