Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,265 members, 7,829,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) (74211 Views)

Border Closure: Rice Smugglers Divert To Pineapples / Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day / Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 14, 2019
Kendumazy:
Hmm. One can see the sadness on the woman face. No business person loves making loss. May God help them.
Quality UK 1st and 2nd grade men's shirts available for sale. Check
link below for more details
You are super sensitive. I really pity the woman. Felt like she was suppressing tears in the 3rd pix...
Re: Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 14, 2019
johnmattew:
at the expense of ur economy??

Tomatoes, Onions, assorted type of pepper, goats and cattle are entering freely through borders with their brotherhood bond up North.

What concerns Niger with border closure? Niger is only transit route as an AREWA land with easy access to their AREWA brothers in Nigeria. Maryam Abacha used Nigerian money to build University in Niger, Rabiu Kwankwaso as a serving governor of Kano State built institution in Niger Republic. We have so many of them with interests there. Using Buhari name to canvass for votes in Niger Republic by politicians in Niger Republic or invitation of Niger Republic governor(s) to a political campaign in Nigeria a sovereign state shows the Arewa bond and brotherhood. Maina is not the only Nigerian Arewa with assets built with stolen Nigerian money in Niger. There many of them.

I don't know how many ships berth in Niger or Chad per months compared to weekly traffic at Benin & Togo ports. The traffic at one port alone in Ghana is something else. The border closure is just Benin border closure only.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) by Psady(m): 2:55pm On Oct 14, 2019
Na small small! we will get there, we go carry our cross. we want good and working economy abi? make we suffer small now,no be by magic. We are tired of past politicians giving us crumbs, killing our economy disguising as saints .

8 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) by MrNipplesLover(m): 2:57pm On Oct 14, 2019
una never see anything.
Re: Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) by Badonasty(m): 2:58pm On Oct 14, 2019
Re: Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) by 9jatriot(m): 2:59pm On Oct 14, 2019
The bullets when they import go soon finish, soon we go get some semblance of peace. Robbers go soon de hold empty guns de rob because no bullet to replace the fired ones.

cashkid:

Na so...let's go hungry if we can't feed ourselves!/

We know most of them shouting are into arms smuggling hiding behind rice!

No.way again.....border remain closed!

4 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 14, 2019
johnmattew:
the tomatoes we buy at our local markets are produced by hausas....these illegal tomatoes from Benin floods our local market thereby stalling local production.most hausas produce tomatoes in excess and their produce gets rottened and wasted as imported tomatoes penetrate Nigerian markets more

Some of those tomatoes are from Niger Republic. There are other agricultural products from Chad and Niger in the markets in South West Nigeria.
Re: Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) by frowland(m): 3:01pm On Oct 14, 2019
maxiflexy:
This is so sad, extremely bad, President Talon of Benin should find a way to appease Buhari and bring an end to this endless suffering of his people. embarassed embarassed

lalasticlala
So we should turn to dumping ground? They should turn them into tin tomatoes.

4 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 14, 2019
This is one of the few things this government has done right. It will affect the economy positively, encourage local farmers and most of all reduce the number of inorganic nonsense foods in our markets. The way i pity people that hustle those useless frozen chickens and turkey.. if only u know what ur doing to urselves and the next generation una nor go near those sellers again.. Good work bubu for once at least

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) by AgentNairaland(f): 3:04pm On Oct 14, 2019
Make I Kuku Go Benin Cook My Food And Bring It To 9ja, Abi Soup No Dey Enter 9ja Border

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) by maxiflexy(m): 3:04pm On Oct 14, 2019
frowland:

So we should turn to dumping ground? They should turn them into tin tomatoes.
Mhen this is ECOWAS, Nigeria claims to be the leader of the subregion, if we showing bad Example, that ain't good
Re: Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) by 9jatriot(m): 3:04pm On Oct 14, 2019
You are so right. I planted tomatoes in the small space in my house, even though the land is not fertile there us no day I do not pluck a few tomatoes, just a small section the size of a room, assuming I used a bigger space and the land was fertile you can imagine what I will be getting from it.

Isreal is boasting that it can feed the world, yet Isreal is a very small country, if we cannot feed ourselves or want to pay the right price for the farmers who make the effort, let us go hungry. Every body wan go stay city de laugh farmers, let farmers also smile, they are Nigerians also.

Authortee:
This is pathetic so we don’t even plant our own tomatoes? Tomatoes that is naturally growing in my backyard and we are importing this from Benin and some dummies are shouting that the border should be opened?
Let’s be reminded that in 1953 Jawalalu Nehru, then president of India ordered that the borders should be closed. The people asked him what why they wear or eat or drive?
He asked them to starve and walk naked. He said how can a country have about 300,000,000 then and not be able to feed itself or provide even its own entertainment. Look at India today?
Buhari should seal that border tight until we can provide our own food. We can’t just be totally big for nothing

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) by timi0103(m): 3:04pm On Oct 14, 2019
wonuks:
Hey Benin, it's time to build more tomato processing industries. Come on can the tomatoes and beat the border closure effect. Common sense vs ineptitude of African leaders. undecided

No advance Payments required! Pay after we've designed your website. Check my signature or profile for details

I was just about saying exact same thing, every adversity bestows us with golden opportunities. Africa is just cursed with clueless and ineffective leaders. How much will it cost to set up a tomato processing plant that can manufacture tomato paste in cans of varying sizes?

Its so sad, little wonder the mass exodus of our youths

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:07pm On Oct 14, 2019
Everyone is quick to criticize the beninoise traders. Yet they criticize Trump's immigration policy
Re: Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) by vichaz10(m): 3:07pm On Oct 14, 2019
immaq8:
yet 50kg is 23k. hmmm

So ur expecting 5k for 50kg in the space of two month..... undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) by sparko1(m): 3:07pm On Oct 14, 2019
Authortee:
This is pathetic so we don’t even plant our own tomatoes? Tomatoes that is naturally growing in my backyard and we are importing this from Benin and some dummies are shouting that the border should be opened?
Let’s be reminded that in 1953 Jawalalu Nehru, then president of India ordered that the borders should be closed. The people asked him what why they wear or eat or drive?
He asked them to starve and walk naked. He said how can a country have about 300,000,000 then and not be able to feed itself or provide even its own entertainment. Look at India today?
Buhari should seal that border tight until we can provide our own food. We can’t just be totally big for nothing

This is the mentality we need right now, how can we have over 50 million work force and we can't feed ourselves, most of the farmers are now looking for cleaner job, carpenter, and all other job just to get by, if they can produce and sell at a moderate price they won't mind going back to the farm.

4 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) by dejonathan(f): 3:07pm On Oct 14, 2019
Mccullum:

IT'S YOU THAT NOT INFORMED, HAD IT BEEN YOU'RE INFORM, YOU WON'T SAY HE'S LYING.
Continue deceiving yourselves
Re: Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) by Hassan05(m): 3:11pm On Oct 14, 2019
Their knowledge on Agricultural value added chain in minus. They should add value to it and get it off from its raw state. Make dey gimme their ministerial appointment for agriculture jor.
Check our signature and link up via that as we take you through all hidden fact for promoting your Instagram brand.
Re: Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) by Charly68: 3:11pm On Oct 14, 2019
Nigeria is their major market,indeed this must hard time for the farmers in that country
Re: Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) by maxiflexy(m): 3:12pm On Oct 14, 2019
olumzzz:

Wrong move sir, We shouldn't be importing tomatoes. We should be exporters instead. You should be saying NO to imported goods that we can produce here.
You shut your borders to increase food products, and expect others to buy the same food product u shut ur borders from other producers grin

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) by Realbarc: 3:12pm On Oct 14, 2019
IceColdVeins:
Can someone analyze how the closure of borders will benefit me as an individual?
Cos all I see is inflation and famine.

It is helping me o.
Now my in-laws in village are asking me for a soft loan .
They plan to buy land where they can cultivate more local rice.
They however warned me that other factors come in force. The flood this year is terrible. Force ma jute.
But they want to cultivate rice and more profit for them

My Dad (of blessed memory) worked in the textile industry. He got his severance package before smuggling killed the textile who were the biggest single employer of labour after NNPC.
Remember oshimole? He was a product of the textile industry.

If the goverment of the day implemented this during the 1980 , then you could imagine how many more employment ranging to 100,00 jobs and derivatives.

Now hollandis is priced out and our local women meeting will have to settle for more important local fabric.

I support the FG on this..
It is a corrective surgery but after the initial pain, things will settled more to our advantages..

Jus my submission

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) by Ernerstdavid55(m): 3:12pm On Oct 14, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
No amount of emotional blackmail will make Nigeria open the border.
Benin should diversify their economy if they can't get it right .only land border re closed. They can export by air or water legitimately.

Niger state + jigawa+ kwara + plateau all together re bigger than benin republic.

It is better to enrich our local farmer selling 50kg rice 20k than buying cheaply from foreigners and killing our own farmers effort.

The way some nigerians cry of bag rice you will think they buy bag of rice everyday or their families consume bag of rice everyday.

An average Nigerian family cannot finish 1bag of rice in 1 monthcheesycheesy
good man
Re: Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) by samsard(m): 3:14pm On Oct 14, 2019
majamajic:

good analysis , but for example am a Nigerian worker , I normally buy local rice for example 5000 now am buying it 10000, is government gaining from citizens for paying higher for local commodities ?

just wan understand this
It means that your local farmers are now getting value for their labor.
I remember the year that garri became expensive, I went to the village and they were all rejoicing. If you know what effort goes into a single basin if garri and what they were getting paid for it, you will pity the farmers, it's like slavery.
Now our local farmers are getting their money's worth instead of being condemned to poverty. With time, local production will be boosted and price should normalize.
The aim of any economy is to balance it's trade or sustain itself.

4 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) by vichaz10(m): 3:16pm On Oct 14, 2019
Techsunny:
My brother do u know Canada exports 60% of their products to Us, but do we enough of these things, before think of closing border?.

They pay taxes on those exports nd it's through legal means.......

@emboldened

Its a process nd If we have to wait till we have excess of these things then the border closure of a thing would never happen...

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) by frozen70g(f): 3:19pm On Oct 14, 2019
NwaNimo1:
Make dem freeze am na?

Or make stew and freeze am?

Or 'cann' it for export to another market.

Or chop am!

Please let it not go to waste.

Sunday Rice.......R.I.P!

All what you mentioned are not rocket science
Re: Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) by Hapinex01: 3:19pm On Oct 14, 2019
9ja dey try shaa...so if no be our country other countries no dey to carry ur goods to baa. Las las south africa go dey use us play, mai dey close small for now.
Re: Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 14, 2019
Dem close border but people still dey fly in and out.. Abeg baba God i dey beg you na
Re: Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) by majamajic(m): 3:24pm On Oct 14, 2019
samsard:
It means that your local farmers are now getting value for their labor.
I remember the year that garri became expensive, I went to the village and they were all rejoicing. If you know what effort goes into a single basin if garri and what they were getting paid for it, you will pity the farmers, it's like slavery.
Now our local farmers are getting their money's worth instead of being condemned to poverty. With time, local production will be boosted and price should normalize.
The aim of any economy is to balance it's trade or sustain itself.

at the expense of we non farmers ?

anyway I just hope when the price Start to stabilize , they don't reopen the borders
Re: Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) by ibori1(m): 3:26pm On Oct 14, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
No amount of emotional blackmail will make Nigeria open the border.
Benin should diversify their economy if they can't get it right .only land border re closed. They can export by air or water legitimately.

Niger state + jigawa+ kwara + plateau all together re bigger than benin republic.

It is better to enrich our local farmer selling 50kg rice 20k than buying cheaply from foreigners and killing our own farmers effort.

The way some nigerians cry of bag rice you will think they buy bag of rice everyday or their families consume bag of rice everyday.

An average Nigerian family cannot finish 1bag of rice in 1 monthcheesycheesy

you're a big oo

fl
Re: Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) by nonix22(m): 3:28pm On Oct 14, 2019
let them know how valuable we are
Re: Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) by maxiflexy(m): 3:33pm On Oct 14, 2019
dejonathan:
Why are you lying
Who told you Nigeria is saving 8m litres of petrol ??
Ask the guy again bro, Timipre Sylva brought the greatest lies to his cohorts grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians Attack Ike Ekweremadu In Germany / Nyesom Wike Meets With Cristiano Ronaldo In Spain (Photos) / Boko Haram Hits Maiduguri After Buhari’s Departure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.