Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. (20872 Views)

Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? / Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears / Have Anyone Here Bought Something From Amazon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 15, 2019
Jumia scammed my friend.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by nams77: 4:24pm On Oct 15, 2019
fergieboy:
I've been scammed o by this alaba boys.there was a day i went to alaba to buy movies. Being a sucker for trendy movies i bought a lot of american and nollywood movies,everything worth around 5k.infact when i went there everything was doing kami kami kami in my eyes.the ibo man will say madam take this one na,madam select this one na,madam buy this one na.i don watch am,e sweet well well,me too,i will tell him oya put it inside nylon bag.he was so happy that day smiling at me cheerfully not knowing i have been swindled.i drove back home through the congested road.as soon as i got home changed my outfit and had my bath,dressed up and all i said to myself,let me now balance and watch these movies till i pay my dstv subscription fees that expired

as i sloted in one,it said error,i used my dress to clean the back of the cd,same thing,i took the second one,no show,the 3rd one same.i started getting agitated,i said ha shewa,otidaran.awon were omo ibo yi ti gba e.kilomashey bayi.still not convinced

i went to my room were i kept my laptop,plugged it and turned it on and slotted the disc into my laptop and the thing said empty disc.i put my hand on my head in shock and amazement.i was still dramatizing,saying awon oloriburuku yi ti gba mi.ye,5k jona.motu fun omo ibo ti aye e ma baje lowo.

The following day i drove back there.when i got there,i asked for the man in this shop and those around there said he has travelled.hope nothing madam.i saiddont worry.i got into the car.put my 1st finger into my teeth,still not getting over the fact that i have been swindled.infact,that thing pained me seriously,it entered my bones.meanwhile this is the 3rd time an ibo boy will swindle me.as a matter of fact, nothing will make me not believe many of them are not fraudsters and dubious characters
So sorry about that. We are not all like that.

Saw a beautiful wrist watch on aliexpress. Quickly order for it. The watch came and i was soooo excited. Imagine old man like me cheesy
Quickly removed the one i was wearing and don this new one. I love watches, perfume and good brogue shoes.
An hour later, i looked down at my wrist to see that my new watch has stopped working.
Took it to a repairer same day. The man said the engine is faulty.
Next day some design inside the watch came unhinged, stopping the minute/hour hands of the watch.
I cursed the Chinese seller and wished i could see him to beat his short frame

17 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by michealdeco: 4:25pm On Oct 15, 2019
I once bought an Adidas sneakers only to find out later that what I bought was ABIBAS

I also bought a Nivea cream one certain time and noticed the fragrance wasn't same as my previous one so I looked carefully at the container and saw that the printing on the new one was fake

I bought Versace flipper last three years, was going to use it and boast around and the next day I found out they wrote made in ABA under it and was written as Verrsace.

The list goes on and on

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by dominique(f): 4:25pm On Oct 15, 2019
Samsung charger from slot. Bought it for 3k and it didn't last for more than a few weeks. The one I bought from roadside sellers for N1,5 lasted for over a year

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by ogbuefi677(m): 4:26pm On Oct 15, 2019
nams77:

So sorry about that. We are not all like that.

Saw a beautiful wrist watch on aliexpress. Quickly order for it. The watch came and i was soooo excited. Imagine old man like me cheesy
Quickly removed the one i was wearing and don this new one. I love watches, perfume and good brogue shoes.
An hour later, i looked down at my wrist to see that my new watch has stopped working.
Took it to a repairer same day. The man said the engine is faulty.
Next day some design inside the watch came unhinged, stopping the minute/hour hands of the watch.
I cursed the Chinese seller and wished i could see him to beat his short frame
short frame grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 15, 2019
Bought a headphone for $450 but It wasn’t worth it

2 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Sukueponmalu: 4:27pm On Oct 15, 2019
I bought fake Giuseppe zanotti shoe for 25k in 2016.
The shoe started peeling the first time I wore it.
I still regret buying the shoe up till now.
Money wey I suppose use chop

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Realhommie(m): 4:30pm On Oct 15, 2019
Bought HTC one from a phone vendor, UK used, 28k. First the price was beyond the actual price, I'm very bad with pricing, lol and then the phone had sound issues. Chaii, on top 28k wey don exceed the normal price, i was livid.

I went back the following day coz they actually gave me warranty but they wouldn't refund me, lol. Na so dem ask me to come back the following week, that they'll change it for me. I did go back, I didn't like the replacement so i opted for another phone, HTC one x, the vendor said oga that one you go add money ooo. OK, how much? I ended up adding 7k, so he sold the phone for me 35k, i.e adding up the 28k for the previous.

I felt used but couldn't complain because na me carry my leg go there.

11 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Jh0wsef(m): 4:31pm On Oct 15, 2019
Hipsofagoddess:

But why will your babe buy sth on Instagram to resell? People that will put like 10k on the normal price. She should have bought offline with quality, and gotten bigger gain.

she knows quality hairs. she gets them herself from tradefair.. we even went the last time to get them. yesterday's event was just different and awkward

3 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Mrtaye: 4:34pm On Oct 15, 2019
Yea I can relate to that,I was in lasu back then around year 2000 I went to this regular market where tokunbo clothes were being sold, suddenly I came across this nice red and white shirt and I thought I saw Tommy Hilfiger but on the label because it was actually Tommy label,alas when I got to the hostel to unveil my latest designer it was Tommy Helfighter that I saw allahkwa I felt like entering the ground.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by OyiboOyibo(m): 4:37pm On Oct 15, 2019
Jh0wsef:
Yes. It happened just yesterday! My babe bought a hair to resell for business. She got it at 24k from one of the online Instagram vendors. It was delivered to her and it was total crap.. Unfortunately, she wouldn't get a refund. And the seller stopped picking her calls. I was furious and pissed. and it turned out like I was blaming her, girls ehn undecided

Don't trust all these Instagram Vendors! They have flashy business pages. But what they deliver sometimes are crap!

I'm even tempted to mention the IG handle angry
Name the handle or keep quiet

2 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Realhommie(m): 4:37pm On Oct 15, 2019
Adanairaland:
Jumia scammed my friend.
Chai, wicked..

2 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 15, 2019
Jh0wsef:

she knows quality hairs. she gets them herself from tradefair.. we even went the last time to get them. yesterday's event was just different and awkward

Oh eeyah
Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Jokerman(m): 4:42pm On Oct 15, 2019
My first time of going to computer village

Bought a fake Nokia N8 and I was happy, till I got home to charge and switch on the phone grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by teoo: 4:43pm On Oct 15, 2019
LeoFish92:
You see those bed sheets wrapped, packed and sealed in nylon, of which you can't determine the quality till you go home and open it, don't ever buy that thing, or rather, buy at your own discretion.

Bought one, only to discover that the quality is on par with waterproof. That type they call ''madam sorry''.

Slept on the damned bed sheet, woke up this morning only to see that the flowery design it has, has been imprinted on my singlet angry

3k wasted!!

I quietly repackaged it, and gifted it to my neighbour; a Christian brother, who exhausted all his ''God bless you'' on me cheesy

Patiently waiting for him to sleep and wake up tomorrow morning. grin

Share your experiences.
You r wicked.. Chai
Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 15, 2019
Adanairaland:
Jumia scammed my friend.

The shoe dey shed skin... ? grin
Wetin person no go see for all this online store.

7 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by MicroBox: 4:44pm On Oct 15, 2019
OgbanjeProphet:
I was very sick. So I got an over the counter drug for treatment. On the packet of the drug was an instruction to scratch and text its number to confirm whether the drug was original. So I scratched and texted and waited and waited and waited and waited... Well I got a confirmation reply after 24 hours. By then I for don kpeme if I kept waiting for a useless confirmation from a useless ministry in a fake country.
And you think I can't create a short code that can auto reply you? Get good and reliable store to buy your drugs next time.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by PrincessB1(f): 4:45pm On Oct 15, 2019
I bought a so-called original NOKIA charger in a hurry one day from afar, only to notice that it was very slow while I was using it to charge my phone.

That was when i started inspecting it, then I discovered that the inscription written therein was NOKLA instead of NOKIA..
I was indignant angry

7 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by bigcee(m): 4:45pm On Oct 15, 2019
adedayourt:
As a young graduate then, felt i was gonna be needing some good shirts to rock to office.

I got to ojota and saw sow well folded shirt in shiny nylon.

na hin i dey hear 500naira, small small money, small small money.

i felt a cold chill ran down my spine, omo see awof, so i go look sweet to office with just small money.

i opened my wallet and bought 4 shirt carefully selected.

on m y way home i bought cold water starch to give the shirt some strength.

enter room, open bag, brought out d first shirt and tore it open, wat i saw.
oh lord av mercy. . . . . .

i tore the whole shirt and i became weak, life left my muscles. i folded the shirts and threw dem in them in the dustbin

awof no good at all
Lwkmd cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Realhommie(m): 4:51pm On Oct 15, 2019
I also recall buying one very fine perf like that from one lady who sold cosmetics. This lady na my friend ooo and my church member.

Madam i need fine perf of around 2k to 2k5, she say oya take dis one, ha e good well well, e dey smell nice and last long for cloth. Broda Dennis take am you go like am well na me dey tell you. I called her marketer of the whole world and we both laughed.

I bought it for 2k5 plus cream and deodorant, na so 5k comot fiam.. I reach house, spray perf go church within the next 10-15 mins na nothin ooo. For a whole 2k5, ha. Suppose i know i for just go buy sosorobia or ishiny 180 naira na, hehehehehehe..

That thing pain me die that year i swear.

11 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Realhommie(m): 4:53pm On Oct 15, 2019
Mrtaye:
Yea I can relate to that,I was in lasu back then around year 2000 I went to this regular market where tokunbo clothes were being sold, suddenly I came across this nice red and white shirt and I thought I saw Tommy Hilfiger but on the label because it was actually Tommy label,alas when I got to the hostel to unveil my latest designer it was Tommy Helfighter that I saw allahkwa I felt like entering the ground.
This is funny mehn, lol.
Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by lilachiever(m): 4:54pm On Oct 15, 2019
adedayourt:
As a young graduate then, felt i was gonna be needing some good shirts to rock to office.

I got to ojota and saw sow well folded shirt in shiny nylon.

na hin i dey hear 500naira, small small money, small small money.

i felt a cold chill ran down my spine, omo see awof, so i go look sweet to office with just small money.

i opened my wallet and bought 4 shirt carefully selected.

on m y way home i bought cold water starch to give the shirt some strength.

enter room, open bag, brought out d first shirt and tore it open, wat i saw.
oh lord av mercy. . . . . .

i tore the whole shirt and i became weak, life left my muscles. i folded the shirts and threw dem in them in the dustbin

awof no good at all

Lol, I bought same thing, same place and same price

6 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by adedayourt(m): 4:55pm On Oct 15, 2019
lilachiever:

Lol, I bought same thing, same place and same price

were u able to rock it
Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by samology2000: 4:56pm On Oct 15, 2019
I bought i nice top designed with different colour. I never new it was fake until the day i was washing it and i noticed mixtures of all the color inside the water i was using to wash the clothe. Na den i no say i don enter one chance. grin

7 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Fashdeejay(m): 4:56pm On Oct 15, 2019
PureGoldh:
The Tori long no be here
let me give u a short one, Nigerians thought buhari was the real deal, he happened to be made in Taiwan!! even Aba made buhari for work better... this one na inferior quality.... Nigeria as a whole got sold a lie...

12 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by BIXYBABE: 4:58pm On Oct 15, 2019
fergieboy:
I've been scammed o by this alaba boys.there was a day i went to alaba to buy movies. Being a sucker for trendy movies i bought a lot of american and nollywood movies,everything worth around 5k.infact when i went there everything was doing kami kami kami in my eyes.the ibo man will say madam take this one na,madam select this one na,madam buy this one na.i don watch am,e sweet well well,me too,i will tell him oya put it inside nylon bag.he was so happy that day smiling at me cheerfully not knowing i have been swindled.i drove back home through the congested road.as soon as i got home changed my outfit and had my bath,dressed up and all i said to myself,let me now balance and watch these movies till i pay my dstv subscription fees that expired

as i sloted in one,it said error,i used my dress to clean the back of the cd,same thing,i took the second one,no show,the 3rd one same.i started getting agitated,i said ha shewa,otidaran.awon were omo ibo yi ti gba e.kilomashey bayi.still not convinced

i went to my room were i kept my laptop,plugged it and turned it on and slotted the disc into my laptop and the thing said empty disc.i put my hand on my head in shock and amazement.i was still dramatizing,saying awon oloriburuku yi ti gba mi.ye,5k jona.motu fun omo ibo ti aye e ma baje lowo.

The following day i drove back there.when i got there,i asked for the man in this shop and those around there said he has travelled.hope nothing madam.i saiddont worry.i got into the car.put my 1st finger into my teeth,still not getting over the fact that i have been swindled.infact,that thing pained me seriously,it entered my bones.meanwhile this is the 3rd time an ibo boy will swindle me.as a matter of fact, nothing will make me not believe many of them are not fraudsters and dubious characters
.........Madam watch this one wit a male moniker and male gender

1 Like

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Tylerbreeze(m): 4:59pm On Oct 15, 2019
Once bought a fake power bank in onitsha, at a high price angry angry e no dey even charge my phone up to 30% before the useless powerbank go die cry I wan mad that day

3 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by lilachiever(m): 5:05pm On Oct 15, 2019
adedayourt:

were u able to rock it

Dem no born me... who go wear bedsheet?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 15, 2019
Jh0wsef:
Yes. It happened just yesterday! My babe bought a hair to resell for business. She got it at 24k from one of the online Instagram vendors. It was delivered to her and it was total crap.. Unfortunately, she wouldn't get a refund. And the seller stopped picking her calls. I was furious and pissed. and it turned out like I was blaming her, girls ehn undecided

Don't trust all these Instagram Vendors! They have flashy business pages. But what they deliver sometimes are crap!

I'm even tempted to mention the IG handle angry
Mention it
Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Gbengageorge: 5:10pm On Oct 15, 2019
Funniest thread ever!!! How about buying a used Nokia phone only to insert sim and no network, even phone repairer can not repair it, I had to dash the repairer to use as spare part. 3k down the drain. Since then, I always buy new phones.

9 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by lewis512(m): 5:11pm On Oct 15, 2019
fergieboy:

are you really fergieboy or Fergie girl before I ask for the title of your movie

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Femi Otedola Celebrates His Mother's 86th Birthday (Photo) / Waste Disposal Business / 69 Countries Propel Nigeria To Become Africa’s Financial Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.