Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. (20869 Views)

Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? / Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears / Have Anyone Here Bought Something From Amazon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by kowema(f): 5:11pm On Oct 15, 2019
LeoFish92:
You see those bed sheets wrapped, packed and sealed in nylon, of which you can't determine the quality till you go home and open it, don't ever buy that thing, or rather, buy at your own discretion.

Bought one, only to discover that the quality is on par with waterproof. That type they call ''madam sorry''.

Slept on the damned bed sheet, woke up this morning only to see that the flowery design it has, has been imprinted on my singlet angry

3k wasted!!

I quietly repackaged it, and gifted it to my neighbour; a Christian brother, who exhausted all his ''God bless you'' on me cheesy

Patiently waiting for him to sleep and wake up tomorrow morning. grin

Share your experiences.

Lmaoooo. Funny narration. Best buy bedsheet materials and sew.

4 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by webngnews: 5:12pm On Oct 15, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by iaamxavier(m): 5:16pm On Oct 15, 2019
Haha I have many experiences though..

First one i bought a nivea natural fairness cream for 2k at shop rite only for the cream to make me very dark within 2 weeks my roommate was like what's happening? I told him its my school sun coupled with Pharmacy stress. 1 month of using it I had turn to burnt sacrifice only for me to see an AD on facebook on how to spot a fake and original Nivea products I just compared and contrasted mine, I want cry LOL

I just bought an herbal black soap to regain my complexion within one week

10 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by TGMISKY(m): 5:21pm On Oct 15, 2019
I like reading people's comments. I can't help myself with laughter. Now in honor of the comments I've read I want to write my own comment. It is very short and straight to the point and I hope it will make enough sense to you. My comment may not be all that interesting but I believe you are reading it with your full attention. You have read it to this point and I just want to encourage you to read it to the very end and to also thank you for successfully wasting your time since I have nothing to say

2 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Faseyi17: 5:24pm On Oct 15, 2019
adedayourt:
As a young graduate then, felt i was gonna be needing some good shirts to rock to office.

I got to ojota and saw sow well folded shirt in shiny nylon.

na hin i dey hear 500naira, small small money, small small money.

i felt a cold chill ran down my spine, omo see awof, so i go look sweet to office with just small money.

i opened my wallet and bought 4 shirt carefully selected.

on m y way home i bought cold water starch to give the shirt some strength.

enter room, open bag, brought out d first shirt and tore it open, wat i saw.
oh lord av mercy. . . . . .

i tore the whole shirt and i became weak, life left my muscles. i folded the shirts and threw dem in them in the dustbin

awof no good at all

Lol. U sha won't kill me with laughter
Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by oyinda1599(f): 5:27pm On Oct 15, 2019
gift01:
Nigerian Rice currently sold the market. Wanted to join the bandwagon of buy locally made food stuff. The rice dey melt under but the top never soft. Na so I dey change pot until e turn porridge
grin grin grin....sorry about that, quite hilarious.

1 Like

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by flourishing247: 5:31pm On Oct 15, 2019
Jh0wsef:
Yes. It happened just yesterday! My babe bought a hair to resell for business. She got it at 24k from one of the online Instagram vendors. It was delivered to her and it was total crap.. Unfortunately, she wouldn't get a refund. And the seller stopped picking her calls. I was furious and pissed. and it turned out like I was blaming her, girls ehn undecided

Don't trust all these Instagram Vendors! They have flashy business pages. But what they deliver sometimes are crap!

I'm even tempted to mention the IG handle angry

24k keep? No good hair sells at that price except it's 8inches. Even the queen of sales wanneka on instagram sells 8inches 25k.
Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by seunmohmoh(f): 5:34pm On Oct 15, 2019
Funny comments everywhere.
Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Vincad: 5:36pm On Oct 15, 2019
Jh0wsef:
Yes. It happened just yesterday! My babe bought a hair to resell for business. She got it at 24k from one of the online Instagram vendors. It was delivered to her and it was total crap.. Unfortunately, she wouldn't get a refund. And the seller stopped picking her calls. I was furious and pissed. and it turned out like I was blaming her, girls ehn undecided

Don't trust all these Instagram Vendors! They have flashy business pages. But what they deliver sometimes are crap!

Abeg mention the handle. Let us know the one to avoid.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by kaziblake(f): 5:38pm On Oct 15, 2019
Too funny comments lol
Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by bamac(m): 5:41pm On Oct 15, 2019
valdes00:
Remembered when i ordered for a headfone on jumia... everything summed up to 4k plus... it came and headphone was sounding like Palito radio earpiece, no bass, notin notin.. i almost cried...
You could have returned... Any order done by me i ensure I ask the customer to use immediately and let me know if issue arises within 7 days... If you had don such through me i swear with my life to return it and get you your money, money no easy to get na.

6 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by bamac(m): 5:42pm On Oct 15, 2019
Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by bamac(m): 5:44pm On Oct 15, 2019
Adanairaland:
Jumia scammed my friend.
And your friend didn't return?

4 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by shollyshine(m): 5:47pm On Oct 15, 2019
Yes I bought a canvas shoe from jumia only to wear it for one day and the thing turn to something else....am still looking at it in the waste bin I dropped it grin

1 Like

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by adedayourt(m): 5:50pm On Oct 15, 2019
lilachiever:

Dem no born me... who go wear bedsheet?

grin grin grin my fada in heaven.

i wan swear for dat igbo boi, i just ovalook. na part of the learning process

1 Like

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by adedayourt(m): 5:51pm On Oct 15, 2019
Faseyi17:

Lol. U sha won't kill me with laughter

my broda no b laff matta wen d thing hit me oo
Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by bamac(m): 5:51pm On Oct 15, 2019
Tina26:
all bought on jumia
and you didn't return them or you noticed after 7 days of delivery?
Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by TheBigTee(m): 5:53pm On Oct 15, 2019
Jh0wsef:
Yes. It happened just yesterday! My babe bought a hair to resell for business. She got it at 24k from one of the online Instagram vendors. It was delivered to her and it was total crap, be like spaghetti wey never done.

Unfortunately, she wouldn't get a refund. And the seller stopped picking her calls. I was furious and pissed. and it turned out like I was blaming her, girls ehn undecided

That's why I never do deliveries. I'll pick it up at your shop with receipt and guarantee.

We are not yet "there" when it comes to trust.

Please don't preach to me about ease and technology.

6 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by 1stNumeroUno: 5:53pm On Oct 15, 2019
Just bought 4pcs of fufu on my way home, only to discover 2pcs are bad. undecided undecided embarassed cry

5 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Nellyblaq: 5:55pm On Oct 15, 2019
You are very mean.How can you give out what you know is not good?That's wickedness

5 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by RUDEBOYY(m): 6:03pm On Oct 15, 2019
You can be sued for this...this is someone's legitimate business.
You don't have to mention names

mytime24:
I bought toyota corolla car shocked shocked

Bt d engine na innoson embarassed

6 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Candycrushy(f): 6:08pm On Oct 15, 2019
nams77:

So sorry about that. We are not all like that.

Saw a beautiful wrist watch on aliexpress. Quickly order for it. The watch came and i was soooo excited. Imagine old man like me cheesy
Quickly removed the one i was wearing and don this new one. I love watches, perfume and good brogue shoes.
An hour later, i looked down at my wrist to see that my new watch has stopped working.
Took it to a repairer same day. The man said the engine is faulty.
Next day some design inside the watch came unhinged, stopping the minute/hour hands of the watch.
I cursed the Chinese seller and wished i could see him to beat his short frame
Lol...no need to curse the Chinese, you would have snapped the watch n dropped a dispute on their site, then your money would have been refunded that way

3 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Godsonkemz(m): 6:09pm On Oct 15, 2019
It has happened to me severally. The last which was most painful was when i bought an expensive Samsung galaxy phone at emeka offor plaza as fairly used only to reach house realizing that i bought a refurbished phone. Money i could have used to purchase Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 or Note 7

1 Like

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Candycrushy(f): 6:12pm On Oct 15, 2019
Tylerbreeze:
Once bought a fake power bank in onitsha, at a high price angry angry e no dey even charge my phone up to 30% before the useless powerbank go die cry I wan mad that day
Welcome to onitsha bro..lol

1 Like

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by ArticleBeast: 6:20pm On Oct 15, 2019
I remember the time of Nokia C1. Just strated one kain teaching job laidat. As they paid me my 7k, I call one of my mumu friend make we enter were dem dey sell stolen for Hausa Quarter for Warri.

The guy just bring out the phones from inside ground. Me quick pick c1 dey smile. Na once the guy say make e wrap for me...For my mind I say my guy double the nylon o, I dey go far.

Wetin pain me pass na say the guy dey call me my guy, my guy still dupe me...

The guy sharply say my guys pass the money like baton, me wey mumu turn face front dey pass money like Usain bolt wey dey do Olympic relay race. As the nylon touch my hand. The guy just shout oya dey discharge b4 kpo kpo go bracket us. Me disappear as if say na umpire voice I hear.

As I cross eh, as I cross road... Make I wipe my tears... embarassed embarassed
The guy package that children phone wey dem dey use tiger battery... Wey if you on go dey sing... Mary has a little lamb...

I no know weda to cry, smile or even shout... I just dey laugh cry.. My mumu guy busy dey shout make we go download pes 2009...I just look am waka comot

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by madenigga(m): 6:20pm On Oct 15, 2019
I was once crazy about an ear piece during my university days. I went to purchase one, and found one, it was the last stock available so I paid for it I decided to test it and it was fake, d sounds were almost silent, I told the seller oga this thing is fake argument start oya give me another one this one is not sounding out they said they don't have.

OK give me my money they say once money enters there hand it can't leave again.

From that day till now I have never bought anything from the road side again

5 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by LadySarah: 6:20pm On Oct 15, 2019
ogbuefi677:

This is the earliest of the early harvest season so the water content of the rice is still high just like in new yam.
The pressure of the border closure is making people to mill and sell rice they should've allowed to dry for some weeks.
Buy by early or mid December, you'll enjoy it.
Patronize my Abakaliki rice and you'll never go back to foreign rice.

Base Nd how much?
The last one in got had so much stones we had to give it out.
Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Umarzy(m): 6:22pm On Oct 15, 2019
My PC keyboard stopped working. I needed to round up much work at that moment. So, i bought an external keyboard from Jumia.. The keyboard never last two weeks before the texts started fading. I was skeptical at the product when the delivery guy brought it to my office. He appeared like someone just returning from the farm.

7 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by tunjilee003: 6:24pm On Oct 15, 2019
During my secondary school days, i went to alaba to buy a battery for a chinko phone..unfortunately, i forget to take the phone along with me.when I got there i started selecting batteries that's gonna work for my phone.. I ended up picking two without testing it.... When I got home, I slotted the battery into my phone, my phone no gree on, inserted the second battery all to no avail..that was when reality finally dawn on me .. I was like ogbeni dem don gba you .. Ever since i made up my mind that whenever I want to patronize alaba boys I'll always take someone along
Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by ebujany(m): 6:25pm On Oct 15, 2019
fergieboy:
I've been scammed o by this alaba boys.there was a day i went to alaba to buy movies. Being a sucker for trendy movies i bought a lot of american and nollywood movies,everything worth around 5k.infact when i went there everything was doing kami kami kami in my eyes.the ibo man will say madam take this one na,oga select this one na,oga buy this one na.i don watch am,e sweet well well,me too,i will tell him oya put it inside nylon bag.he was so happy that day smiling at me cheerfully not knowing i have been swindled.i drove back home through the congested road.as soon as i got home changed my outfit and had my bath,dressed up and all i said to myself,let me now balance and watch these movies till i pay my dstv subscription fees that expired

as i sloted in one,it said error,i used my dress to clean the back of the cd,same thing,i took the second one,no show,the 3rd one same.i started getting agitated,i said ha shewa,otidaran.awon were omo ibo yi ti gba e.kilomashey bayi.still not convinced

i went to my room were i kept my laptop,plugged it and turned it on and slotted the disc into my laptop and the thing said empty disc.i put my hand on my head in shock and amazement.i was still dramatizing,saying awon oloriburuku yi ti gba mi.ye,5k jona.motu fun omo ibo ti aye e ma baje lowo.

The following day i drove back there.when i got there,i asked for the man in this shop and those around there said he has travelled.hope nothing madam.i saiddont worry.i got into the car.put my 1st finger into my teeth,still not getting over the fact that i have been swindled.infact,that thing pained me seriously,it entered my bones.meanwhile this is the 3rd time an ibo boy will swindle me.as a matter of fact, nothing will make me not believe many of them are not fraudsters and dubious characters

Ibo boy this, Ibo boy that....yen yen yen, my friend better use ur head. As if your tribe is better....why didn't you ask the seller to play the CDs for you?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by ogbuefi677(m): 6:34pm On Oct 15, 2019
LadySarah:

Base Nd how much?
The last one in got had so much stones we had to give it out.
Dunno for now oo,not resident in d state.
As per d stone,d person who bought for /sold to you was trying to cut corners or maybe it wasn't sourced from the state capital where they have ultramodern destoning machines.
Destoning is just 100 or 200naira per 25kg.
I've never seen stone in the ones I've been eating in d last 15yrs and more.Just very few chaff which appears on the top of the water when you wash it,then you decant d chaff with the water.
Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by armadeo(m): 6:35pm On Oct 15, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
Bedsheet!! I paid #2000 to the Aboki thinking its a big sized bedsheet, I was wrong. Couldn't cover my foam. Since then if I see any Aboki hawking bedsheets, I get angry

Brother we are two.

I've also been scammed by aboki selling bedsheets. I asked if it will cover 6 by 6 and the guy swore it would.

It won't even cover 6 springs of boarding house. I jejely turn am to ironing clothe. I no fit shout.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Entrepreneur Turns Boeing 747-Jet To A 27-room Hostel / Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds / Femi Otedola Celebrates His Mother's 86th Birthday (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.