Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. (20871 Views)

Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? / Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears / Have Anyone Here Bought Something From Amazon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by OlujobaSamuel: 6:36pm On Oct 15, 2019
My most recent encounter was the one with Konga where I bought a fake system.
The merchant claimed sey na new, I called Konga, they always promise 24hrs that never materialize, I eventually called them out Twitter after 12days, they resolved my complaints less than 48hrs after calling them out.
Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by armadeo(m): 6:38pm On Oct 15, 2019
peacettw:
Once bought a tecno phone that lasted just 3 months and I am not kidding. The initial emotion that crept up on me was anger which was contradicted by the tears that threatened to escape in all its glory. Since then, I have loathed all things tecno. The company is a fraud...

**Now just angry**

After my experience with phantom A. I swore never again will I touch a techno phone

7 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by djoe21(m): 6:41pm On Oct 15, 2019
gift01:
Nigerian Rice currently sold the market. Wanted to join the bandwagon of buy locally made food stuff. The rice dey melt under but the top never soft. Na so I dey change pot until e turn porridge

grin
Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by nams77: 6:41pm On Oct 15, 2019
Candycrushy:

Lol...no need to curse the Chinese, you would have snapped the watch n dropped a dispute on their site, then your money would have been refunded that way
Yeah i know about that but i was really busy that period and asking to many questions. I just let it slide.
Thank you for reaching out

1 Like

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by armadeo(m): 6:46pm On Oct 15, 2019
Realhommie:
I also recall buying one very fine perf like that from one lady who sold cosmetics. This lady na my friend ooo and my church member.

Madam i need fine perf of around 2k to 2k5, she say oya take dis one, ha e good well well, e dey smell nice and last long for cloth. Broda Dennis take am you go like am well na me dey tell you. I called her marketer of the whole world and we both laughed.

I bought it for 2k5 plus cream and deodorant, na so 5k comot fiam.. I reach house, spray perf go church within the next 10-15 mins na nothin ooo. For a whole 2k5, ha. Suppose i know i for just go buy sosorobia or ishiny 180 naira na, hehehehehehe..

That thing pain me die that year i swear.

The perf I bought based on sales from an acquaintance , if a spray it I wont perceive it past 45 seconds. And e dear die.
Now essenza or nothing. Dont come and try to persuade me to buy your perfume. I wont buy lai lai

4 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by wolverine1987: 6:48pm On Oct 15, 2019
gift01:
Nigerian Rice currently sold the market. Wanted to join the bandwagon of buy locally made food stuff. The rice dey melt under but the top never soft. Na so I dey change pot until e turn porridge
Omo wetin wan Nigerian rice do me ehn tomato abi wetin e go turn two yet half of the rice neva done

1 Like

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by LadySarah: 6:48pm On Oct 15, 2019
ogbuefi677:

Dunno for now oo,not resident in d state.
As per d stone,d person who bought for /sold to you was trying to cut corners or maybe it wasn't sourced from the state capital where they have ultramodern destoning machines.
Destoning is just 100 or 200naira per 25kg.
I've never seen stone in the ones I've been eating in d last 15yrs and more.Just very few chaff which appears on the top of the water when you wash it,then you decant d chaff with the water.

We bought from Everyday Emporium in ph.
Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by haywizzy007(m): 6:51pm On Oct 15, 2019
Jh0wsef:
Yes. It happened just yesterday! My babe bought a hair to resell for business. She got it at 24k from one of the online Instagram vendors. It was delivered to her and it was total crap, be like spaghetti wey never done.

Unfortunately, she wouldn't get a refund. And the seller stopped picking her calls. I was furious and pissed. and it turned out like I was blaming her, girls ehn undecided

Don't trust all these Instagram Vendors! They have flashy business pages. But what they deliver sometimes are crap!

I'm even tempted to mention the IG handle angry
You are tempted to mention the IG handle so that others will also get swindled...expose the 419 joor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Budline1(m): 6:52pm On Oct 15, 2019
Y'all have come to realize that many ppl scam one way or the other in this country. Who are we to judge anyone. Laslas Na who them catch be thief. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by djoe21(m): 6:52pm On Oct 15, 2019
ogbuefi677:

This is the earliest of the early harvest season so the water content of the rice is still high just like in new yam.
The pressure of the border closure is making people to mill and sell rice they should've allowed to dry for some weeks.
Buy by early or mid December, you'll enjoy it.
Patronize my Abakaliki rice and you'll never go back to foreign rice.

How much?
Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by djoe21(m): 6:55pm On Oct 15, 2019
Adanairaland:
Jumia scammed my friend.

That's not Jumia packaging.

1 Like

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 15, 2019
Hoodbilonia:
Got a blackberry chargwr,was in a hurry cause my former charger blew. 1500 with nokia pin.
The first night it worked well,i was very happy. Then later plugged my powerbank,from norning to nite my power bank refused to be full,same thing my speaker..not till i vex checked the back..no blackberry logo,nothing. I felt so fooled a chargee of 6h,the woman scam me 1500.
I want to buy one adidas slippers on konga but im scared its gonna be fakes. 15k adifldas slippers on konga
No try am at all.
Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by sisisioge: 6:59pm On Oct 15, 2019
grin grin grin grin

I've had my share of bad buys o.

I once got a dress from someone who brought to our office to sell. Dress was supposedly sent to her from Turkey o. I sha saw this nice dress at a bargain of 8k. Normal me knows how to UnCloth mannequins in eko off lovely dresses o. Anyways, first day I wore it, my nails had some unexplained reddish look. I didn't think it was the dress, my thought was that I must have touched something...

Anyways, because I wore it for only a couple of hours, I decided to wear again before washing. That's how I wore it to work on a raining day. Let's just say my undies, skin, nails and the tiles in my office turned red. It was bleaching like someone poured red paint on. I had to gather papers, stand ontop of it and under the AC to get dry. It was like a punishment cos I kept shivering and colleagues kept coming to see the wonder. Eventually, I took advantage of it by threatening to hug anyone that didn't do whatever I asked to be done grin

14 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by donkossy(m): 7:01pm On Oct 15, 2019
Hipsofagoddess:

But why will your babe buy sth on Instagram to resell? People that will put like 10k on the normal price. She should have bought offline with quality, and gotten bigger gain.
u believed his story?
Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 15, 2019
Hoodbilonia:
Got a blackberry chargwr,was in a hurry cause my former charger blew. 1500 with nokia pin.
The first night it worked well,i was very happy. Then later plugged my powerbank,from norning to nite my power bank refused to be full,same thing my speaker..not till i vex checked the back..no blackberry logo,nothing. I felt so fooled a chargee of 6h,the woman scam me 1500.
I want to buy one adidas slippers on konga but im scared its gonna be fakes. 15k adifldas slippers on konga

There was one time when I was burning through all these rubbish chargers. Low amperage, useless cords. High failure rate.Now I buy from PC outlet or mega plaza.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by donkossy(m): 7:07pm On Oct 15, 2019
Bluetooth2:

Bought a headphone for $450 but It wasn’t worth it
450*360... U de whine me?

5 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Hoodbilonia: 7:17pm On Oct 15, 2019
I have ordered from aliexpress 2k.
Imagine the stupid charger wud say water is inside my samsing,or it wont charge.even the powerbank,am using explora to charge,wireless o,cords o,all of them are hugelt fake. Since 6 na 15% till now. Fake charger 3 in 1 blackberry
I was carried away by the logo
ornicus:

There was one time when I was burning through all these rubbish chargers. Low amperage, useless cords. High failure rate.Now I buy from PC outlet or mega plaza.
Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by clapper04: 7:18pm On Oct 15, 2019
edo3:
Hmmm,, it happened last year December oo,, i had like 25k on me in d morning.. Since na festive period na,, was busy gulping beer wt pple.. Later i realised d money had depreciated to like 15k,, I say make i run enter kasua market for kaduna buy slippers n if possible jeans.. With my shayo eyes i enter one igbo man shop bought 2 pairs of sandals,, one Prada n one other @5k each.. It was d following day when shayo don clear i realize say na pada dey wrote.. Walahi d two sandals no last me 1month..

Walahi igbo n deceit na 5&6..

Lmaoooo "Pada"
Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by brighter: 7:19pm On Oct 15, 2019
fergieboy:
I've been scammed o by this alaba boys.there was a day i went to alaba to buy movies. Being a sucker for trendy movies i bought a lot of american and nollywood movies,everything worth around 5k.infact when i went there everything was doing kami kami kami in my eyes.the ibo man will say madam take this one na,oga select this one na,oga buy this one na.i don watch am,e sweet well well,me too,i will tell him oya put it inside nylon bag.he was so happy that day smiling at me cheerfully not knowing i have been swindled.i drove back home through the congested road.as soon as i got home changed my outfit and had my bath,dressed up and all i said to myself,let me now balance and watch these movies till i pay my dstv subscription fees that expired

as i sloted in one,it said error,i used my dress to clean the back of the cd,same thing,i took the second one,no show,the 3rd one same.i started getting agitated,i said ha shewa,otidaran.awon were omo ibo yi ti gba e.kilomashey bayi.still not convinced

i went to my room were i kept my laptop,plugged it and turned it on and slotted the disc into my laptop and the thing said empty disc.i put my hand on my head in shock and amazement.i was still dramatizing,saying awon oloriburuku yi ti gba mi.ye,5k jona.motu fun omo ibo ti aye e ma baje lowo.

The following day i drove back there.when i got there,i asked for the man in this shop and those around there said he has travelled.hope nothing madam.i saiddont worry.i got into the car.put my 1st finger into my teeth,still not getting over the fact that i have been swindled.infact,that thing pained me seriously,it entered my bones.meanwhile this is the 3rd time an ibo boy will swindle me.as a matter of fact, nothing will make me not believe many of them are not fraudsters and dubious characters

Madam buy this; madam take that yet your ID says (m). You and the alaba man na same. It fit una

6 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 15, 2019
Hoodbilonia:
I have ordered from aliexpress 2k.
Imagine the stupid charger wud say water is inside my samsing,or it wont charge.even the powerbank,am using explora to charge,wireless o,cords o,all of them are hugelt fake. Since 6 na 15% till now. Fake charger 3 in 1 blackberry
I was carried away by the logo

Just close eye but original Anker
Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Hoodbilonia: 7:30pm On Oct 15, 2019
I don ordee for original charger samsung comolete kit. 2k
[quote author=ornicus
Just close eye but original Anker[/quote]
Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by kennykg(m): 7:30pm On Oct 15, 2019
Hmmmm

Bought 2 native materials from an Instagram ventor 7k each plus 2k delivery 16k. They looked so nice when I got them, only for them to change color after 2nd wash.
Each time I see her post on IG, am Just so vexed.
I no wan spoil her market
I for drop bad reviews.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 15, 2019
donkossy:
u believed his story?

Do you think he is making it up?
Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by RUDEBOYY(m): 7:34pm On Oct 15, 2019
From your write up all I understand is you trying to let everyone know Igbo boys are mostly scammers eh?
My dear you can be scammed by anyone no matter the tribe.

fergieboy:
I've been scammed o by this alaba boys.there was a day i went to alaba to buy movies. Being a sucker for trendy movies i bought a lot of american and nollywood movies,everything worth around 5k.infact when i went there everything was doing kami kami kami in my eyes.the ibo man will say oga take this one na,oga select this one na,oga buy this one na.i don watch am,e sweet well well,me too,i will tell him oya put it inside nylon bag.he was so happy that day smiling at me cheerfully not knowing i have been swindled.i drove back home through the congested road.as soon as i got home changed my outfit and had my bath,dressed up and all i said to myself,let me now balance and watch these movies till i pay my dstv subscription fees that expired

as i sloted in one,it said error,i used my dress to clean the back of the cd,same thing,i took the second one,no show,the 3rd one same.i started getting agitated,i said ha shewa,otidaran.awon were omo ibo yi ti gba e.kilomashey bayi.still not convinced

i went to my room were i kept my laptop,plugged it and turned it on and slotted the disc into my laptop and the thing said empty disc.i put my hand on my head in shock and amazement.i was still dramatizing,saying awon oloriburuku yi ti gba mi.ye,5k jona.motu fun omo ibo ti aye e ma baje lowo.

The following day i drove back there.when i got there,i asked for the man in this shop and those around there said he has travelled.hope nothing madam.i saiddont worry.i got into the car.put my 1st finger into my teeth,still not getting over the fact that i have been swindled.infact,that thing pained me seriously,it entered my bones.meanwhile this is the 3rd time an ibo boy will swindle me.as a matter of fact, nothing will make me not believe many of them are not fraudsters and dubious characters

6 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 15, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:
My most recent encounter was the one with Konga where I bought a fake system.
The merchant claimed sey na new, I called Konga, they always promise 24hrs that never materialize, I eventually called them out Twitter after 12days, they resolved my complaints less than 48hrs after calling them out.

Please, what made you think it was fake?
Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by donkossy(m): 7:48pm On Oct 15, 2019
madenigga:
I was once crazy about beat by dre during my university days. I went to purchase one, and found one, it was the last stock available so I paid for it I decided to test it and it was fake, d sounds were almost silent, I told the seller oga this thing is fake argument start oya give me another one this one is not sounding out they said they don't have.

OK give me my money they say once money enters there hand it can't leave again.

From that day till now I have never bought anything from the road side again
beat by Dre for road side?? Fear god na

3 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by OlujobaSamuel: 7:51pm On Oct 15, 2019
Hipsofagoddess:

Please, what made you think it was fake?
The physical traits was so obvious.
Paint residue on the silver glass in the hp logo, some stickers have been removed, gum residue on the system, some stickers were replaced with cut to size photocopied paper, etc.
They could not even argue after I pointed it out to them.
Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by donkossy(m): 7:52pm On Oct 15, 2019
sisisioge:
grin grin grin grin

I've had my share of bad buys o.

I once got a dress from someone who brought to our office to sell. Dress was supposedly sent to her from Turkey o. I sha saw this nice dress at a bargain of 8k. Normal me knows how to UnCloth mannequins in eko off lovely dresses o. Anyways, first day I wore it, my nails had some unexplained reddish look. I didn't think it was the dress, my thought was that I must have touched something...

Anyways, because I wore it for only a couple of hours, I decided to wear again before washing. That's how I wore it to work on a raining day. Let's just say my undies, skin, nails and the tiles in my office turned red. It was bleaching like someone poured red paint on. I had to gather papers, stand ontop of it and under the AC to get dry. It was like a punishment cos I kept shivering and colleagues kept coming to see the wonder. Eventually, I took advantage of it by threatening to hug anyone that didn't do whatever I asked to be done grin

I can imagine how you felt
Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 15, 2019
LeoFish92:

It's better than throwing it away grin

It's not better than throwing it away bros...

You demeaned that brother doing. U knew d real motive behavior and ur giving: The bed sheet is bad.

Had u told him the truth, dat brother would probably not have accepter it.

You are not nice o. sad

2 Likes

Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 15, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:

The physical traits was so obvious.
Paint residue on the silver glass in the hp logo, some stickers have been removed, gum residue on the system, some stickers were replaced with a cut to size photocopied paper, etc.
They could not even argue after I pointed it out to them.

Are you kidding me? Mine doesn't have all these traits but the battery doesn't even last as a new battery should. And it's been two months now, too occupied to return, well it has a warranty.
Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by jjbest123(m): 8:11pm On Oct 15, 2019
BIXYBABE:
.........Madam watch this one wit a male moniker and male gender
Why the price tag for a job in ibadan that low? Can you please talk to me the reason?
Re: Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. by makeherscream(m): 8:21pm On Oct 15, 2019
It all happened last week Sunday cool evening I went to a brothel near my house to remove some akamu from my system .

So I enter inside the brothel meet one small girl dancing I signal her to come we agreed prize I took her home .

I slide my p into her v it was like I slide my p into an empty bucket my p was not hitting anything inside her.
I was like this is not what I bargain for. grin

I look at her face again she was too
innocent.
she too small for her v to just wild like that.
I ask her age she said she is 18
Omo na that moment I know say dem no dey see small pikin for ashawo again ooo

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Femi Otedola Celebrates His Mother's 86th Birthday (Photo) / Waste Disposal Business / 69 Countries Propel Nigeria To Become Africa’s Financial Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.