Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,737 members, 7,820,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

FG Seeks Senate Permission To Pay Kogi State N10.69 Billion - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Seeks Senate Permission To Pay Kogi State N10.69 Billion (34986 Views)

Tinubu Seeks Senate Confirmation Of Five Board Directors For CBN / Buhari Seeks Senate Approval For $800M World Bank Loan / NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Seeks Senate Permission To Pay Kogi State N10.69 Billion by surgical: 5:52pm On Oct 15, 2019
2LESS:

Receive sense.
Of all the people that commented before you, you are the only one in support of this "crime" . Shame on you.
He is the dumb one
Re: FG Seeks Senate Permission To Pay Kogi State N10.69 Billion by Sermwell(m): 5:58pm On Oct 15, 2019
maasoap:

You think we're seeing something that we haven't seen before, right? Under Jonathan, he shared ecological fund to PDP controlled states with one LP and one APGA states that were in romance with PDP, leaving all APC controlled states out completely. What could be more brazing than that. He gave 4 billion naira to Fayose in Ekiti state and the same amount to Omisore in Osun state for 2014 guber polls in both states. That weren't brazen enough to you. But a state being refunded part of its money is the most brazen act you've ever seen!
in other words, there's no difference between APC and PDP!! and if I may ask, are you saying that you don't know such money is meant to buy voters for the forthcoming elections??
Re: FG Seeks Senate Permission To Pay Kogi State N10.69 Billion by TRAVEL101(m): 6:53pm On Oct 15, 2019
This guy hold Buhari for work...
Election things...
Up Apc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Seeks Senate Permission To Pay Kogi State N10.69 Billion by pieces18: 7:20pm On Oct 15, 2019
This country is in deep mess. This government will ensure they bring this country down to it's foundation before the end of their tenure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Seeks Senate Permission To Pay Kogi State N10.69 Billion by vineyardfarms: 8:02pm On Oct 15, 2019
Why is the Gov requesting for the fund now?? Why is PMB So interested in the refund when election is around the corner?? What message is he sending?? Does intergrity nolonger counts?? What about other states??

1 Like

Re: FG Seeks Senate Permission To Pay Kogi State N10.69 Billion by JB4life: 8:03pm On Oct 15, 2019
The kind of multiple standards practiced by this APC-led FG is unprecedented.
Is it not the same FG that told Nigerians last week according to reports that no state would be refunded any longer for repairing federal roads

I have nothing against KOGI being refunded, but such must be extended to all the states that deserved the refund at the same time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Seeks Senate Permission To Pay Kogi State N10.69 Billion by xelly: 8:17pm On Oct 15, 2019
There's airport closed down and fg haven't written to the Senate for approval for the renovation and reopening but have written to the Senate for election rigging money for Kogi state. You see priority? Now you know why we are where we are.
Re: FG Seeks Senate Permission To Pay Kogi State N10.69 Billion by edibobo: 8:42pm On Oct 15, 2019
This Federal Government has no idealogy. Sometimes ago they said that FG will not refund money spents on Federal Roads to States and today they wanted to refund N10b+ for Kogi to enable execute elections. What a madness and foolishness from the highest order ?
Re: FG Seeks Senate Permission To Pay Kogi State N10.69 Billion by Dmano: 8:58pm On Oct 15, 2019
When you think you have seen it all,here we go again. Mr. Integrity my foot Yuh
Re: FG Seeks Senate Permission To Pay Kogi State N10.69 Billion by maasoap(m): 9:25pm On Oct 15, 2019
2LESS:

Receive sense.
Of all the people that commented before you, you are the only one in support of this "crime" . Shame on you.

Timinho23:
Shameless funding of the governorship election
the difference between this administration and every other is the brazen and bold way of carrying out things.. it's like they are daring anyone to say anything... Nigeria has no hope.. this shameful things used to be done secretly

You must have been blinded to that hypocrisy in his comment that got my attention. You need sense more than I do if my statement meant support to you
Re: FG Seeks Senate Permission To Pay Kogi State N10.69 Billion by maasoap(m): 9:27pm On Oct 15, 2019
Sermwell:

in other words, there's no difference between APC and PDP!! and if I may ask, are you saying that you don't know such money is meant to buy voters for the forthcoming elections??

Of course, I do. But how can I stand someone insulting my intelligence here telling me that refund is more brazing than those two scenarios?

Timinho23:
the difference between this administration and every other is the brazen and bold way of carrying out things... it's like they are daring anyone to say anything... Nigeria has no hope.. this shameful things used to be done secretly
Re: FG Seeks Senate Permission To Pay Kogi State N10.69 Billion by maasoap(m): 9:34pm On Oct 15, 2019
surgical:
He is the dumb one

No, I'm the sensible one here. And you're the dumbest guy on nairaland if you truly believed that statement of his. Go figure
Jonathan gave 4 billion naira in cash to Fayose in 2014 to prosecute his gubernatorial election. He gave cash to make the transfer untraceable. He did the same thing for the Omisore in Osun state same year. This Kogi state's 10 billion naira transaction will be done legitimately with the approval of the NA. But one mofo here was telling me that this is most brazen act he has ever seen, I needed to refresh his memory and others like him which includes you in case you guys are suffering from amnesia
Re: FG Seeks Senate Permission To Pay Kogi State N10.69 Billion by Monday60655(m): 11:10pm On Oct 15, 2019
So is now legal for Yeye Bello to request election money from hard earned tax payers money. This country is a real scam
Re: FG Seeks Senate Permission To Pay Kogi State N10.69 Billion by dochenaj: 11:20pm On Oct 15, 2019
Timinho23:
the difference between this administration and every other is the brazen and bold way of carrying out things... it's like they are daring anyone to say anything... Nigeria has no hope.. this shameful things used to be done secretly
Welcome to dictatorship.
Re: FG Seeks Senate Permission To Pay Kogi State N10.69 Billion by dochenaj: 11:24pm On Oct 15, 2019
maasoap:
Of course, I do. But how can I stand someone insulting my intelligence here telling me that refund is more brazing than those two scenarios?
If you just agreed that the money eventually is for the elections and vote buying. Why would you argue, this is not more brazen than what Jonathan did?

Maybe you'll need to go to the dictionary and check the meaning of "brazen".

Let me ask you, between the burglar that burgles your house while you are away and the armed robber that visits you while you're in the house, who is more brazen?
Re: FG Seeks Senate Permission To Pay Kogi State N10.69 Billion by paperboi147: 11:54pm On Oct 15, 2019
God is watching
Re: FG Seeks Senate Permission To Pay Kogi State N10.69 Billion by Nobody: 12:22am On Oct 16, 2019
Shebi this is same buhari that said states should leave his projects for him. That he's not going to pay back any fg project completed by state governments....
Re: FG Seeks Senate Permission To Pay Kogi State N10.69 Billion by Cherez: 6:51am On Oct 16, 2019
Where is MANNAQGRILLS?
Come and defend this as usual
Nigeria is in for a long walk
Re: FG Seeks Senate Permission To Pay Kogi State N10.69 Billion by Livefreeordieha(m): 7:14am On Oct 16, 2019
Handsomecole:
Kenneth Udeh, Abuja

The Kogi State Government has requested the sum of N10.69 billion from the Federal Government for the settlement of debts incurred locally and refund for projects executed on behalf of the Federal Government.

President Buhari, in a letter written to Senate President Ahmed Lawan, which was read during Tuesday’s plenary, requested for the resolution of the Senate for the approval of the sum to be issued to the Kogi State Government.

President Buhari noted in the letter that the federal projects were duly verified by the Federal Government.

The letter read in parts:

“Dear distinguished Senate President,

Request for the resolutions of the National Assembly for the issuance of 10.69 Billion promissory Million Naira Promissory notes to Kogi State Government under the promissory notes programme and a bond issuance to certain inherited local debts and contractual obligations of the Federal Government to refund to states for project executed on behalf of the Federal Government.

“The distinguished Senate President will recall that based on my request for the resolution of the National Assembly approving the establishment of a promissory note programme and a bond issuance for certain inherited local debts and contractual obligations of the Federal Government, the 8th national assembly passed resolutions approving the issuance of promissory notes to refund state Governments for projects executed on behalf of the Federal Government.”

The Senate President further President Mandated the Senate Committee on Local and Foreign Debts to handle the request and report back within two Weeks.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/kogi-state-seeks-n10-69-billion-from-federal-government/
revised tradermoni or election funding? Asking for a very intuitive and inquisitive friend..
Re: FG Seeks Senate Permission To Pay Kogi State N10.69 Billion by maasoap(m): 1:19pm On Oct 16, 2019
dochenaj:

If you just agreed that the money eventually is for the elections and vote buying. Why would you argue, this is not more brazen than what Jonathan did?

Maybe you'll need to go to the dictionary and check the meaning of "brazen".

Let me ask you, between the burglar that burgles your house while you are away and the armed robber that visits you while you're in the house, who is more brazen?

Leave the asking part. Yahaya is getting back the money he paid for doing the FG's projects in his state. The money will be transferred to him legally with the approval of the NA through the CBN legitimately. If you didn't have any problem with Jonathan sending 4 billion naira (in cash) each to both Fayose and Omisore illegally and in the dead of the night, you shouldn't have problem with this that you can't even challenge in the court. Simple
Re: FG Seeks Senate Permission To Pay Kogi State N10.69 Billion by dochenaj: 6:20pm On Oct 16, 2019
maasoap:
Leave the asking part. Yahaya is getting back the money he paid for doing the FG's projects in his state. The money will be transferred to him legally with the approval of the NA through the CBN legitimately. If you didn't have any problem with Jonathan sending 4 billion naira (in cash) each to both Fayose and Omisore illegally and in the dead of the night, you shouldn't have problem with this that you can't even challenge in the court. Simple
If Jonathan sent 4 billion naira to those people, then it is criminal and not acceptable to me, and I am not justifying it.

I don't like it when people tend to derail an argument because they don't want to be honest to themselves.

You agreed that the money was for the elections, and on the basis of that I argued that if it were so, then you should know this is more brazen than the other.

It were better you denied any possibility of the money being used for the elections than to do and not agree it is more brazen than what Jonathan purportedly did.

1 Like

Re: FG Seeks Senate Permission To Pay Kogi State N10.69 Billion by maasoap(m): 10:39pm On Oct 16, 2019
dochenaj:

If Jonathan sent 4 billion naira to those people, then it is criminal and not acceptable to me, and I am not justifying it.

I don't like it when people tend to derail an argument because they don't want to be honest to themselves.

You agreed that the money was for the elections, and on the basis of that I argued that if it were so, then you should know this is more brazen than the other.

It were better you denied any possibility of the money being used for the elections than to do and not agree it is more brazen than what Jonathan purportedly did.

If you and other PDP sympathisers are so sure and convinced beyond doubt that the money is meant to help Yahaya defeat PDP in the coming guber poll, I don't see why PDP lawmakers in the NA shouldn't see it and do something about it. At least, Buhari is seeking their approval.
What I don't understand now is why many PDP members and sympathisers who saw nothing wrong then are wailing now. I'm a bit confused
Re: FG Seeks Senate Permission To Pay Kogi State N10.69 Billion by dochenaj: 12:29am On Oct 17, 2019
maasoap:
If you and other PDP sympathisers are so sure and convinced beyond doubt that the money is meant to help Yahaya defeat PDP in the coming guber poll, I don't see why PDP lawmakers in the NA shouldn't see it and do something about it. At least, Buhari is seeking their approval.
What I don't understand now is why many PDP members and sympathisers who saw nothing wrong then are wailing now. I'm a bit confused
I don't know how you came under the impression that I am a PDP sympathizer or wailer.

Stop derailing the argument by making assumptions about me that tries to change the argument from an intellectual one to an emotional one.

Go back to when I first quoted you, and see that I made reference to your agreeing that the money is for the elections. I have not formed any opinion about the topic, so stop saying what you think my opinion will be.
Re: FG Seeks Senate Permission To Pay Kogi State N10.69 Billion by MNDY(m): 2:59am On Oct 17, 2019
Reference:
It is the people that should act. If they cannot out of a clear conscience then the suffering will be resident there. Said it before and say it again. The people of that State have no right to pity after they have mortgaged their future just as Nigerians in general have no right to complain today after re-electing a failed Federal government last May.

Shut up if you don't know what happened at polling units in the state in May. It was a vote-for-APC-or-turn-back-and-go at-gun-point affair.
Re: FG Seeks Senate Permission To Pay Kogi State N10.69 Billion by omotoniwa(f): 6:51am On Oct 17, 2019
Given this animal call bello 10trillion will not save him from defeat and sham
Re: FG Seeks Senate Permission To Pay Kogi State N10.69 Billion by omotoniwa(f): 6:52am On Oct 17, 2019
Given this animal call bello 10trillion will not save him from defeat and shame in Jesus name.
Re: FG Seeks Senate Permission To Pay Kogi State N10.69 Billion by NIGERDELTAIDOL: 9:23am On May 11, 2023
All this last rush,,,you have less than one month to lv.

The corruption and scam of Census is not enough i guess

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Obaseki Given A Heroic Welcome As He Arrives Benin After Osun Victory / Scores Feared Dead As Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri / Lawmaker, Afolabi Akanni, Dies In DSS Custody - Lanre Ogunsuyi For Ekiti Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.