Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

The Real Meaning Of "For Better For Worse" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Real Meaning Of "For Better For Worse" (1414 Views)

Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) / Words Women Use And Their Real Meaning / Should Marriage Be "For Better Or For Worse"? (opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Real Meaning Of "For Better For Worse" by Ladycewhy(f): 7:15pm On Oct 15, 2019
Ladies, it is not your duty to raise a man, that is his mother's duty. They say "a good woman builds her home" but guess what "a good man gives you a foundation to build on" and if he is giving you a sandy foundation ,that house you are putting effort to build will crumble.

Real kings get their sh1t together before seeking out their queens and if he was badly raised its not your duty to fix him, "ride or die" makes you loyal they say, but trust me if you die while riding you will be replaced in no time.

As women we have been told that a woman's crown is her husband ,but if he is badly raised he will become the reason for your reproach. You don't have to cover up for any man's BS just to massage his ego,neither do you have to lower your standard just to bear the "mrs" tag.Nobody is perfect but a man with toxic behavior is not your duty to fix ,you are not a therapist neither are you a rahab center. A man will change because he wants to change not because you want him to,stop putting up with abuse and disrespect because society expects you to hold a man down, if he cannot hold himself ,its not your duty to hold him.

If you have not taken anything from all i have said ,take this with you,no man should be the source of your travails, rather he should be by your side while both of your battle the storms of life together.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Meaning Of "For Better For Worse" by u11ae1013: 8:45pm On Oct 15, 2019
Thanks for this post, I was having a conversation with a Christian fanatics about this same topic, she further buttress her point referencing were Jesus said in the beginning, it was not so, but I made her realize that in the beginning, domestic violence, adultery etc was not so. May God give us a better understanding and the kind of marriage we desire

2 Likes

Re: The Real Meaning Of "For Better For Worse" by Ladycewhy(f): 6:13am On Oct 16, 2019
u11ae1013:
Thanks for this post, I was having a conversation with a Christian fanatics about this same topic, she further buttress her point referencing were Jesus said in the beginning, it was not so, but I made her realize that in the beginning, domestic violence, adultery etc was not so. May God give us a better understanding and the kind of marriage we desire
I was talking to an older woman the other day and she made a statement that hit me ,she said "na who nor talk e own come out you nor go know ,many women dey suffer but na manage we dey manage marriage, men na men". Then i had to ask her who made it a standard that women have to put up with that attitude tho, then i asked her how much effort she was putting into making sure she doesn't raise her son to be another woman's headache. It seemed rude but it had to be said.

Why must women be told oh "na man" so does being a man excuse him from bad behavior.why is he the head of the home if he cant lead by example? Why does a woman have to be raised from childhood on how to be a good home maker where as all man needs is himself.

I see many people saying "make money and you can get the best of women at your beck and call" they forget that with an ugly personality there is a limited time a woman can stay for the money,except the ones with low self esteem disguised as "obeying the holy book".

A man who is a fool and later has money is nothing but a fool with money and you know they say "a fool with money is more dangerous than a bullet".

May the eyes of our women be open to stop babysitting grown men in the name of getting a ring on it.
Re: The Real Meaning Of "For Better For Worse" by vicardino(m): 1:44pm On Oct 18, 2019
I have many things to say but just being lazy to articulate them. People are beginning to realize that a "society made man" isn't the right template for the desired man but a "kingdom man", I don't mean a believer or a church goer but a kingdom made man.

no man should be the source of your travails, rather he should be by your side while both of your battle the storms pf life together. This got me
Re: The Real Meaning Of "For Better For Worse" by Ladycewhy(f): 3:52pm On Oct 18, 2019
vicardino:
I have many things to say but just being lazy to articulate them. People are beginning to realize that a "society made man" isn't the right template for the desired man but a "kingdom man", I don't mean a believer or a church goer but a kingdom made man.

no man should be the source of your travails, rather he should be by your side while both of your battle the storms pf life together. This got me
whenever you are able to ,you can Say it all.
Re: The Real Meaning Of "For Better For Worse" by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 18, 2019
Ladycewhy:
I was talking to an older woman the other day and she made a statement that hit me ,she said "na who nor talk e own come out you nor go know ,many women dey suffer but na manage we dey manage marriage, men na men". Then i had to ask her who made it a standard that women have to put up with that attitude tho, then i asked her how much effort she was putting into making sure she doesn't raise her son to be another woman's headache. It seemed rude but it had to be said.

Why must women be told oh "na man" so does being a man excuse him from bad behavior.why is he the head of the home if he cant lead by example? Why does a woman have to be raised from childhood on how to be a good home maker where as all man needs is himself.

I see many people saying "make money and you can get the best of women at your beck and call" they forget that with an ugly personality there is a limited time a woman can stay for the money,except the ones with low self esteem disguised as "obeying the holy book".

A man who is a fool and later has money is nothing but a fool with money and you know they say "a fool with money is more dangerous than a bullet".

May the eyes of our women be open to stop babysitting grown men in the name of getting a ring on it.
Amen

(1) (Reply)

/ Do We Have Men Like This? / I Need A Serious Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.