Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

British Family Detained For "Accidentally" Driving Into US - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / British Family Detained For "Accidentally" Driving Into US (42729 Views)

Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) / 3 Nigerians Detained For Entering India Without Documents / Ogun: People Scoop Palm Oil Accidentally Discharged From Oil Tanker (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British Family Detained For "Accidentally" Driving Into US by ChristmasBells: 3:23pm On Oct 16, 2019
Really tired&sick of these imigration laws i think they should just cancel it and let every body travel freely to his or her country of choice if you agree with me raise up your hands now with your NAIRALAND Likes and SHARES 4the love of travling

1 Like 1 Share

Re: British Family Detained For "Accidentally" Driving Into US by 12inchess: 3:25pm On Oct 16, 2019
salford1:

They probably want to go into the US to work and would have likely landed in California. They pulled the "we are british" after being caught to draw sympathy.
Travelling legally ain't a crime. And even until not long ago the Irish where coming to the U. S without Visa on overpacked ships to look for work because their country was suffering from a poor economy. Africans were brought to the U. S and Europe forcefully as slaves without visa to work for free. Tell me another story about illegal migration.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Family Detained For "Accidentally" Driving Into US by needful: 3:31pm On Oct 16, 2019
But i thought british citizens are free to enter USA. Well in my own opinion, having droved thru that route severally from Canada, I do not believe those couples are lying. It's very easier to mistakenly enter usa from canada if u do not know the route. And one funny issues with all thos route is, once u mistakenly took the wrong exit, that is the end, u will end up in usa straight as there are no turning points. Is not like naija where u can turn at the centre, middle, tail, front of the road anytime anyday. I have british citizens in canada and they are legitimately residing here. I see no reason for such lies from the couples. I hate usa for this, reason I stopped going there for anything. Silly ash hole mother fucker blood sucking country. I wonder why people still go there with all the killings and nonsense happening there. Love my Canada

2 Likes

Re: British Family Detained For "Accidentally" Driving Into US by needful: 3:34pm On Oct 16, 2019
edgecution:
If you're living in Detroit you will know one can easily cross over to Windsor in Canada accidentally.
I agreed with u brotherly. Pretty easy to enter windsor, if u are in Boston, is easier to enter Newbrownswick in Canada too. Then those living in Maine, also can enter Canada pretty much easier

1 Like 1 Share

Re: British Family Detained For "Accidentally" Driving Into US by salford1: 3:38pm On Oct 16, 2019
12inchess:

Travelling legally ain't a crime. And even until not long ago the Irish where coming to the U. S without Visa on overpacked ships to look for work because their country was suffering from a poor economy. Africans were brought to the U. S and Europe forcefully as slaves without visa to work for free. Tell me another story about illegal migration.
And no one said travelling legally was a crime

1 Like

Re: British Family Detained For "Accidentally" Driving Into US by salford1: 3:42pm On Oct 16, 2019
needful:
But i thought british citizens are free to enter USA. Well in my own opinion, having droved thru that route severally from Canada, I do not believe those couples are lying. It's very easier to mistakenly enter usa from canada if u do not know the route. And one funny issues with all thos route is, once u mistakenly took the wrong exit, that is the end, u will end up in usa straight as there are no turning points. Is not like naija where u can turn at the centre, middle, tail, front of the road anytime anyday. I have british citizens in canada and they are legitimately residing here. I see no reason for such lies from the couples. I hate usa for this, reason I stopped going there for anything. Silly ash hole mother fucker blood sucking country. I wonder why people still go there with all the killings and nonsense happening there. Love my Canada
Free to enter with a purpose. Interviews still takes place at the border or airport, especially in this Trump era.
I dislike that country too. I have cousins in Atlanta that still can't get me over to visit from Canada. Oh well, lots of people still chasing the American dream or wants to go an gamble their earnings away in Vegas.

2 Likes

Re: British Family Detained For "Accidentally" Driving Into US by joetem(m): 3:46pm On Oct 16, 2019
uuzba:
Canada no big reach for una? You carry moto dey near border, like say you wan smuggle rice.
Na una dey find trouble before.

Dem be mumu, instead make dem use okada, dem go pass corner corner

1 Like

Re: British Family Detained For "Accidentally" Driving Into US by OBAGADAFFI: 3:48pm On Oct 16, 2019
Toks2008:

Do you know the terrain? Abeg stop making bias conclusions.

What bias conclusions are you taking about.

The US said they have been previously denied entry.

So, straying into the US again give room for suspicion.

4 Likes

Re: British Family Detained For "Accidentally" Driving Into US by planetx: 3:59pm On Oct 16, 2019
I thought British citizens don't need Visa to visit the US.
Re: British Family Detained For "Accidentally" Driving Into US by Kingpele(m): 3:59pm On Oct 16, 2019
[quote author=tolakush92 post=83189426]I WISH AMERICA WAS CLOSE
I WOULDA DRIVEN ACCIDENTALLY THERE[/quote hahaha my dear, only if USA is that close, chai
Re: British Family Detained For "Accidentally" Driving Into US by planetx: 4:06pm On Oct 16, 2019
needful:

I agreed with u brotherly. Pretty easy to enter windsor, if u are in Boston, is easier to enter Newbrownswick in Canada too. Then those living in Maine, also can enter Canada pretty much easier
Boston is not anyway close to the Canadian border

1 Like

Re: British Family Detained For "Accidentally" Driving Into US by Kingpele(m): 4:09pm On Oct 16, 2019
WISH AMERICA WAS CLOSE
I WOULDA DRIVEN ACCIDENTALLYhahaha my dear, only if USA is that close, chai
Re: British Family Detained For "Accidentally" Driving Into US by Mummyimbecile(m): 4:28pm On Oct 16, 2019
Why is everbody running away from his country of Birth?...they had ulterior motive of entering the United States illegally,so instead of applying for a visa from UK,they decided to go to Canada First and use Land border to Enter the US....But trust US Custom and Border Protection officer,they caught them...US is not Number one in the whole world for Nothing,they are always ahead
Re: British Family Detained For "Accidentally" Driving Into US by learner007(m): 4:43pm On Oct 16, 2019
Many people are firing shots at the guy anyhow. Though not mentioned, I think it might just be GPS rerouting problem, that is, if they used one. That can mislead you like madd

1 Like 1 Share

Re: British Family Detained For "Accidentally" Driving Into US by ttmacoy: 4:51pm On Oct 16, 2019
Did you read the part where border officials said they have video surveillance showing they drove in slowly and deliberately?

Toks2008:

Did you read that part where an animal crossed their path thereby causing a diversion for them?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Family Detained For "Accidentally" Driving Into US by alphaNomega: 5:15pm On Oct 16, 2019
baby124:
Funny people. An animal made you detour into untarred road and drive all the way into US border. Lmao

The story doesn't even make sense!

1 Like

Re: British Family Detained For "Accidentally" Driving Into US by alphaNomega: 5:16pm On Oct 16, 2019
learner007:
Many people are firing shots at the guy anyhow. Though not mentioned, I think it might just be GPS rerouting problem, that is, if they used one. That can mislead you like madd

This is also valid. I've been messed up by GPS in the past.
Re: British Family Detained For "Accidentally" Driving Into US by alphaNomega: 5:18pm On Oct 16, 2019
needful:

Hmmm
Re: British Family Detained For "Accidentally" Driving Into US by CTPlayer: 5:20pm On Oct 16, 2019
edgecution:
If you're living in Detroit you will know one can easily cross over to Windsor in Canada accidentally.

One won't get through accidentally. There is the tunnel, and the bridge, well marked.
Re: British Family Detained For "Accidentally" Driving Into US by alphaNomega: 5:21pm On Oct 16, 2019
ChristmasBells:
Really tired&sick of these imigration laws i think they should just cancel it and let every body travel freely to his or her country of choice if you agree with me raise up your hands now with your NAIRALAND Likes and SHARES 4the love of travling

Immigration laws exist primarily for security reasons. If there were no immigration laws, do you know how many "enemies" from the Middle east would invade USA?

Other reasons are secondary, even commerce
Re: British Family Detained For "Accidentally" Driving Into US by CTPlayer: 5:22pm On Oct 16, 2019
planetx:
I thought British citizens don't need Visa to visit the US.

You still have to cross into the USA legally through a customs port of entry.
Re: British Family Detained For "Accidentally" Driving Into US by CTPlayer: 5:31pm On Oct 16, 2019
salford1:

They probably want to go into the US to work and would have likely landed in California. They pulled the "we are british" after being caught to draw sympathy.
No idea what they were up to or what the end goal was. If they wanted to go to the USA for work a normal person would just go through customs legally and then just not go back. The lawyer in this case is a well known open borders nut, and she routinely says bad things about ICE and their detention facilities and kids in facilities. Notice how the Brits brought kids? I think the lawyer paid the Brits to carry out this stunt. Wonder why 2 of the adults were denied access to the USA in the past?
Re: British Family Detained For "Accidentally" Driving Into US by planetx: 5:33pm On Oct 16, 2019
CTPlayer:

You still have to cross into the USA legally through a customs port of entry.
If they don't need visas what is the point of crossing illegally, confused because it says they were refused visa before.
Re: British Family Detained For "Accidentally" Driving Into US by CTPlayer: 5:39pm On Oct 16, 2019
planetx:
If they don't need visas what is the point of crossing illegally, confused because it says they were refused visa before.
I can only speculate, but I think the lawyer paid them to do this, so the lawyer can try to make ICE/Border/USA look bad in the media. And this lawyer has a history of doing this.
Re: British Family Detained For "Accidentally" Driving Into US by rotile247(m): 6:58pm On Oct 16, 2019
DeeTweenie:
This sounds so funny.

Where they sleeping before they accidentally entered another country?

Make i accidentally enter Ghana and see who go arrest me

Most border area land & water between Canada and USA are not marked. Any tourist without a proper guide will fall into this trap. Canadian officials usually stop and send back people like these but US officials make them go through long paperwork and process taking weeks or even months.

1 Like

Re: British Family Detained For "Accidentally" Driving Into US by lloyds(m): 7:03pm On Oct 16, 2019
rotile247:

Most border area land & water between Canada and USA are not marked. Any tourist without a proper guide will fall into this trap. Canadian officials usually stop and send back people like these but US officials make them go through long paperwork and process taking weeks or even months.

USA are too proud. . That's their major problem. . They feel every other nation is inferior whereas Canada possess much better environment and structures than the US.

1 Like

Re: British Family Detained For "Accidentally" Driving Into US by Sniper101(m): 7:04pm On Oct 16, 2019
Vincad:
This is the second time I'm hearing this. The other time it was a British lady jogging that was arrested. Wetin they do this US border patrol sef? undecided

Dem dey try effectively carry out the Order wey their Presido drop give dem na
.....unlike around the Nigeria borders wey I no even know wetin border patrol officers say dem dey do there angry

Trump mean business wen he said "No Entry" grin
Re: British Family Detained For "Accidentally" Driving Into US by Beautyaddy: 7:09pm On Oct 16, 2019
salford1:

In this case, the family are neither Canadians or Americans. They should exclude them from their beef. Canadians too won't stay at home. Always trying to go to Vegas or Disney world. Lol

lol!...Do you blame them?

That's where all the fun and very fine weather is cheesy

2 Likes

Re: British Family Detained For "Accidentally" Driving Into US by Afamed: 7:19pm On Oct 16, 2019
Omoslim26:

it's obvious that you are destined to be stupid forever after making your points you ended up with making abusive remarks on me and if you are not carrying a dead brain on that big for nothing head of yours you wouldn't conclude that I am calling America perfect they have their flaws but Nigeria is no match and comparison to them
Idiot
So don't make your stupidity fashionable
I hardly exchange banters with little lad. I have advised you to stop making your ignorance fashionable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures / NLC Locks Down Abuja Airport, Many Stranded / FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.