Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? (18385 Views)

What Childhood Dream Did You Have? / Why People Who Earn Less Than You Achieve More Than You / What Would Your Occupation Be If You Followed Your Childhood Dream? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by Alexaonfleek: 11:40pm On Nov 02, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

I'm guessing stripper
you're wrong tongue
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by makeherscream(m): 11:47pm On Nov 02, 2019
I wanted to be a footballer but that dream died when my father left me when I was just 15 I never achieved my dream.

I now do aluminum work for a living.

Meanwhile

Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 6:33am On Nov 03, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
you're wrong tongue
I'm never wrong. Every lady can be a stripper for a guy she values tongue
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by jiksman3: 7:21am On Nov 03, 2019
Dreamt being a Doctor, but now its your boy DJ Tunez grin grin grin
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by Nobody: 7:26am On Nov 03, 2019
To be a helicopter pilot.
Didn't achieve it
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by tecnoguy83: 7:29am On Nov 03, 2019
sharone21:
I wanted to be an Engineer though my dad, a German trained Metallurgical Engineer ( possibly the first in Naija) preferred Medicine and Engineering as 2nd choice. I ended up doing Physics( u know Naija and the way universities dish out courses) , I plan doing Nursing later though.....anyway, Naija seems to be a dream killer land somewhat.

but never give up on dream, you can still convert to your dream cours
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by Gavorche: 8:08am On Nov 03, 2019
engrchykae:
Wanted to be a mechanical engr but when they wanted to deny me engineering completely,I wisely landed myself polymer and textiles engineering.
With this I can still be relevant in the automobiles industry.
Am still an engr.

from which school I can guess futo oweri or Abu zaria
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by DonroxyII: 8:56am On Nov 03, 2019
MountainView:
Hello, everyone just out of curiosity,

What were your childhood dreams and aspiration

Did you achieve it, what did you end up becoming, if you didn't achieve it?

Mine: I wanted to become a pilot, I guess grin

Now I'm pursuing a career in Software Development and Physics,

Though I have a new dream which I'm pursuing, I do hope I achieve it though embarassed embarassed

Journalist/NewsCaster

Now, I am an Accountant (About to be Chartered) !!

I still look at Newscasters and TV presenters such as Gbenga Aruleba, Chamberlain , Moupe , Alayande and I would cry !!

Cyril Stober, Tokunbo Ajayi, Aisha Bello, Fatima Abass Hassan,Funmi Wakama, Kehinde Young Harry, Funmi Iyanda among others were all my childhood models !!

Gawd, I changed everything myself in SSS1 , 2001 simply because I don't want my friends to be making fun of me as an Art student grin
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by DonroxyII: 9:22am On Nov 03, 2019
phillippians:

Better focus your mind on industrial or environmental microbiology bcoz there's no space for microbiologist in the hospital Lab, i graduated from microbiology 2 years ago, worked in d lab for a while (hospital underpays, infact they only employ microbiologist to cut cost, started with 25k, over d years craw to 35k)now into business. Currently Med.Lab have a guiding body preventing d microbiologist from working in the lab, any hospital caught pays a fine of 200k. It's sad
If MedLab has a body preventing Microbes to work in the Laboratory... where do Microbiologists work ?

I know what Microbiologists are trained to do but where are they expected to carry out their trainings if not Laboratory
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by engrchykae(m): 9:45am On Nov 03, 2019
Gavorche:

futo
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by engrchykae(m): 9:46am On Nov 03, 2019
Gavorche:

is abu offering the course?
Polymer is the future
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by iamariwa(m): 12:36pm On Nov 03, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Which branch of engineering? A mechanic is an engineer
Lol...its EEE
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by CanadaOrBust: 12:46pm On Nov 03, 2019
iamariwa:

Lol...its EEE

Why the lol. Mechanics are the real engine(ers). There are airplane and rocket mechanics
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by Sunnystooth(m): 12:48pm On Nov 03, 2019
DanXplore:
LMAO
Please reply you PMs
Thanks.
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 03, 2019
Sunnystooth:

Please reply you PMs

Thanks.

Replied.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by Gavorche: 6:58pm On Nov 03, 2019
engrchykae:
is abu offering the course?
Polymer is the future

Yes they are
it was formally textile science and technology but now polymer and textile engineering.
I would love to do my masters degree in textile and polymer engineering in futo
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by engrchykae(m): 7:17pm On Nov 03, 2019
Gavorche:

Yes they are
it was formally textile science and technology but now polymer and textile engineering.
I would love to do my masters degree in textile and polymer engineering in futo
what did you study in your first degree
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by Gavorche: 7:22pm On Nov 03, 2019
engrchykae:
what did you study in your first degree

Textile science and technology
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by engrchykae(m): 7:49pm On Nov 03, 2019
Gavorche:

Textile science and technology
my guy,you had a good course.
It's not easy o.
Spinning
Wet treatment
Weaving
Dyeing
These are the main processes.
Then calculations involving Hanks,denier etc
Then you have patterns,weave patterns
Weft and warp yarn things.
Even though I have since graduated and working.
I still download materials and constantly read up.
Am giving you the key to measure up with international colleagues.
You must constantly find materials and read up.
Nice to know you my fellow professional.
08039145178, my contact

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by Gavorche: 6:01am On Nov 04, 2019
engrchykae:
my guy,you had a good course. It's not easy o. Spinning Wet treatment Weaving Dyeing These are the main processes. Then calculations involving Hanks,denier etc Then you have patterns,weave patterns Weft and warp yarn things. Even though I have since graduated and working. I still download materials and constantly read up. Am giving you the key to measure up with international colleagues. You must constantly find materials and read up. Nice to know you my fellow professional. 08039145178, my contact
ya thanks I will contact you
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by deuzgreat: 7:53am On Nov 04, 2019
Bellgal:
To be a nurse and thank God it came to pass
stop spending your life in celebrities section, ur mates are running abroad, arm your self with info in travel section
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by deuzgreat: 7:54am On Nov 04, 2019
sexysage:
My childhood dream was to be a medical personnel and today it's materialising. Currently in my third year in school.
Thank you Jesus
ehy r u shy of saying ur a nurse? cos ur male?
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by deuzgreat: 7:57am On Nov 04, 2019
Alawaxbimbex:
I had always wanted to study Nursing in school and be called a nurse,...but as God would have it, higher institution flinged me to Microbiology... currently in my finals and I pray labour market favours me and make me work in the hospital laboratory whereby I will still be referred to as Nurse Abimbola grin
you cnt be a nurse. nor a lab scientist with microbiology. to work in d hospital lab, you need a medical laboratory science degree and license. except you plan to live your life as a quack. go back to school of nursing if you really want to be a nurse. many ppl went back to nursing school after their degrees and now they are nurses in advanced countries
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by sexysage(m): 9:26am On Nov 04, 2019
deuzgreat:
ehy r u shy of saying ur a nurse? cos ur male?

Why would I be shy ?

I'm proudly a physiotherapist !
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by NACE13: 9:45am On Nov 04, 2019
My dream as a kid was to become a petrochemical engineer because the title sounded sweet to te ear. I grew up a terrible student in chemistry, I thought it was because of my teacher who disliked me for no just reason. I took a year to study Comprehensive chemistry but achieved nothing. I had to tell myself the truth.

I discovered I paid attention to colours and art details, I sketched at my free time and said to myself I wanted to become an Artist but my parents were having none of that and I agreed because the title 'Artist' wasn't 'sweet' enough.
Long story short, I discovered I loved being on the internet and wanted to know how it works, so I started doing some research on Websites and decided to study Computer science, and I am happy I graduated with my degree in the bag. Now I am a graphic designer, artist(Shirt printing), mini-importer and a Web designer/developer.
Nothing is as sweet as doing what you love and getting paid for it, no matter how little.
I am not done till I further my degree outside the shores of Africa and leave this country for good. I am tired of praying for this country. God has probably abandoned Nigeria
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by 2funkyy(f): 11:53am On Nov 04, 2019
Please reply my mail
martyns303:

Wanted to become a pilot, and now a pilot.
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by martyns303(m): 12:22pm On Nov 04, 2019
2funkyy:
Please reply my mail

I hardly view the email used for Nairaland and may have missed the email. Can u ask ur message here or provide other means of reaching u directly.
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by 2funkyy(f): 12:35pm On Nov 04, 2019
I have an interview with International Redcross society and want to know if you can give me a preview of what kind of questions will be asked for test and interview.
Thanks
martyns303:

I hardly view the email used for Nairaland and may have missed the email. Can u ask ur message here or provide other means of reaching u directly.
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by martyns303(m): 1:45pm On Nov 04, 2019
2funkyy:
I have an interview with International Redcross society and want to know if you can give me a preview of what kind of questions will be asked for test and interview.
Thanks

Ok!!! I had applied for the position of a pilot, however I declined the offer, didn’t attend the interview either cos of the location.
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by 2funkyy(f): 1:54pm On Nov 04, 2019
Thanks
martyns303:

Ok!!! I had applied for the position of a pilot, however I declined the offer, didn’t attend the interview either cos of the location.
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by Scarpon(m): 5:54pm On Nov 04, 2019
DCmonster:
sorry bro! I was once a smuggler around seme border too. You will definitely bounce back. Just keep your head up.
amen
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by Ajibade123(m): 10:01am On Nov 05, 2019
No matter your dream don't give up you can still achieve it
see how to make your life better with these tips https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-make-your-life-better/

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July / Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? / Is Quantity Surveying A Good Career In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.