Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? (18363 Views)

What Childhood Dream Did You Have? / Why People Who Earn Less Than You Achieve More Than You / What Would Your Occupation Be If You Followed Your Childhood Dream? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by phillippians(m): 5:35pm On Nov 02, 2019
Alawaxbimbex:
Ehhhhh olagbara bai oooo...but which industry can one work with environmental and industrial microbiology
Any production company. Nestle Milo, Guinness brewery company, Bakery/Nutrition companies, Pepsi, Coca-Cola, food industries, Indomie,With Waste management boards etc. But an MSc in Environmental or industrial MCB will hasten your employment opportunities. Simply remove your eyes from the lab except you have plans to travel overseas later, it's a sad reality but there are so many other opportunities for us in Nigeria with devine Keys. A FAIR DAY TO YOU!!!

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 02, 2019
I loved combat and shooting so much and I wanted to join the army.But as man pikin grew and went through self realization,na Entrepreneurship(solving problems) be my fulfillment.
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by CanadaOrBust: 5:45pm On Nov 02, 2019
I wanted to go to Canada. Hasn’t changed: still want to go to Canada
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by Alawaxbimbex(f): 5:51pm On Nov 02, 2019
phillippians:

Any production company. Nestle Milo, Guinness brewing company, Bakery/Nutrition companies, Pepsi, Coca-Cola, food industries, Indomie,With Waste management boards etc. But an MSc in Environmental or industrial MCB will hasten your employment opportunities. Simply remove your eyes from the lab except you have plans to travel overseas later, it's a sad reality but there are so many other opportunities for us in Nigeria with devine Keys. A FAIR DAY TO YOU!!!
Alright thanks for enlightening me..may God bless you...I think that environmental microbiology in msc would be more better for me to study
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by Donmoscojaja(m): 5:53pm On Nov 02, 2019
ksam:
I always wanted to be a doctor even though i loved pilot but I ended up with a degree in Agriculture while busy with music and movies; and now i dream of becoming the President of this country while a pastor, who knows, I might learn Graphics design or web development before then.. That is how confused most of us are just like this country and we might end up not achieving anything, before we realize it, we are old.. Talking out of experience.. What am i even saying sef? undecided
lol you made my day
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by striker07(m): 5:54pm On Nov 02, 2019
Initially during my early years up to JSS class,I wanted to be a petroleum engineer, later changed my mind to electrical/electronic engineering but finally studied computer science which I'm very happy to have studied,now a computer scientists,all thanks to God.
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 5:54pm On Nov 02, 2019
I wanted to be a doctor but now in law. I have not ruled out my first dream thou.
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by stevups(m): 6:14pm On Nov 02, 2019
HenryRoman:

We all as kids had different dreams. We grow - dreams change.
Truth
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by OShepherd: 6:15pm On Nov 02, 2019
couragemurphy:

That's not true. Until we take responsibilities for our mistakes and actions, we won't achieve our dreams.

Your dreams weren't killed by Nigeria in anyway. You followed the bandwagon of "i want to enter school". Then the higher instituion took advantage of that by providing lesser options for desperate kids like you seeking admission.

Some of you then will be deceiving yourselves that you will change course once in 200 or 300 level back to the original one. I keep advising people not to be in a hurry accepting anyhow admission just because you want to go to University.

Instead of an engineering aspiring student to take up Physics as course in University for example, I always advise them to follow the route of Polytechnics instead, get the actual engineering course there than to say I must go to UNILAG or UNIBEN and study Fishery abi na Physics education. Then tomorrow them go dey catch witch or say Nigeria dey change dreams......taaa!

This is it! You nailed it; life's success I believe is progressive!!! Check out my signature!

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by Etinosa1234: 6:22pm On Nov 02, 2019
I want to be a footballer....but now I'm studying law in uniben

I'm still young tho... I'm 18 to be precise and I still hope I can achieve it

money and lack of information about trials in Nigeria has been my undoing.... but Las las I'll get there
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by soleexx(m): 6:23pm On Nov 02, 2019
stankezzy:
is it for real or un dreams ,build nuclear what , for this nija

then I will build it for the US...
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by sacx: 6:29pm On Nov 02, 2019
I wanted to make cars. Yes, the type can can move on land, air, and water cheesy. I still think it an achievable feat. Just not much opportunities in that direction for now. We will get there.
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by colizee(m): 7:04pm On Nov 02, 2019
budaatum:

No terminals.

Okay...whatever

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by UnknownQueen(f): 7:18pm On Nov 02, 2019
budaatum:
I used to think I'd never live to be 20 years old.
One day though, I just might get there.

Are u an SS child?
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 02, 2019
OShepherd:
This is it! You nailed it; life's success I believe is progressive!!! Check out my signature!

That's the spirit @signature, ."....keep moving". No excuses
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by poweredcom(m): 7:24pm On Nov 02, 2019
I always wanted to be a Bleep director but I still have not achieve it ...dis yeye tblak don spoil d Biz
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by budaatum: 7:53pm On Nov 02, 2019
UnknownQueen:

Are u an SS child?
No. I am not a SS child

There is absolutely nothing untoward the matter with me apart from my being 13 years old and 7 years seems like forever!
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by remi1444: 8:13pm On Nov 02, 2019
Etinosa1234:
I want to be a footballer....but now I'm studying law in uniben

I'm still young tho... I'm 18 to be precise and I still hope I can achieve it

money and lack of information about trials in Nigeria has been my undoing.... but Las las I'll get there
Folake4u see your junior colleague.
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by Kenmarine(m): 8:37pm On Nov 02, 2019
Wanted to be a network engineer, studied computer engineering and come out with a low degree result (3rd class).. Age is not on my side anymore, so am going into business after my nysc
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 02, 2019
soleexx:

What's ur IT skills
Programming
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by folake4u(f): 9:08pm On Nov 02, 2019
remi1444:
Folake4u see your junior colleague.

grin grin cheesy
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by remi1444: 9:26pm On Nov 02, 2019
folake4u:

grin grin cheesy
undecided You didn't notice my disappearance uhhh?
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by Kakamorufu(m): 9:36pm On Nov 02, 2019
wanna be a doc... not like I have passion for it though.

but am now a mechanical Engineer
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by UnknownQueen(f): 9:55pm On Nov 02, 2019
budaatum:

No. I am not a SS child

There is absolutely nothing untoward the matter with me apart from my being 13 years old and 7 years seems like forever!

So why do u feel or think u may not live up to 20 years
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by ayanbaba2(m): 9:59pm On Nov 02, 2019
DCmonster:
olosho?

Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by engrchykae(m): 10:08pm On Nov 02, 2019
Wanted to be a mechanical engr but when they wanted to deny me engineering completely,I wisely landed myself polymer and textiles engineering.
With this I can still be relevant in the automobiles industry.
Am still an engr.
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by budaatum: 10:21pm On Nov 02, 2019
UnknownQueen:

So why do u feel or think u may not live up to 20 years
No reason. Apart from when I was younger and the going was tough 20 seemed like 100 lifetimes and getting to the next month was just one of them.

I don't think that anymore though. I now plan to complete my threescore and ten and then some.
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by gly2ken: 10:28pm On Nov 02, 2019
Freemanbobble:
Always wanted to read medicine

Until Uniben changed everything

And they gave me computer science
To learn old programming dumb fuckkk like Fortran and Pascal

Proud to be an amigo

Stupid Vikings and birds must be deleted
My brother christ loves you, repent and be save. Hebrew 9:27; Matthew 6:33; Matthew 3:16.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by folake4u(f): 10:31pm On Nov 02, 2019
remi1444:
undecided You didn't notice my disappearance uhhh?

No
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by remi1444: 11:00pm On Nov 02, 2019
cry cry You've not been checking.
folake4u:

No
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by francisisking: 11:15pm On Nov 02, 2019
I dreamt to be an accountant but naija failed me..... now I just roam the street doing nothing..

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by passionberry(f): 11:30pm On Nov 02, 2019
[quote author=MountainView post=83203723]Hello, everyone just out of curiosity,

What were your childhood dreams and aspiration

Did you achieve it, what did you end up becoming, if you didn't achieve it?

Mine: I wanted to become a pilot, I guess grin

Now I'm pursuing a career in Software Development and Physics,

Though I have a new dream which I'm pursuing, I do hope I achieve it though embarassed embarassed

[/quote. I wanted to be air hostess/flight attendant . But end up with business mgt.with Nigeria employment wahala.man must survive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Banking Sector: Hnd Graduates Vs B.sc Graduates. / Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July / Is Quantity Surveying A Good Career In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.