Stats: 3,158,296 members, 7,836,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF (34714 Views)

Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha / Lagosians Seen Putting Out Helicopter Crash Fire With Soil And Gutter Water / Obi Visits Victims Of Petrol Tanker Explosion At Ochanja Market, Onitsha. - Pics (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF by Goldensword: 8:24pm On Oct 17, 2019
i'm begining to appreciate enugu state governor, he knows what a secured enviroment means to the general public, imagine a city as big as onitsha with no presence of fire fighters station, too bad, anambra government should do something about it.

Re: Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF by smasher1(m): 8:25pm On Oct 17, 2019
globemoney:

Read the article or I should believe you over what the fed fire service said?

Check the picture and make your decision. Forget the article unless you didn't see the video or pictures.
Re: Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF by smasher1(m): 8:27pm On Oct 17, 2019
Area4Area:
So you want us to believe this lie, the Delta fire service was allowed in and not pelted with stone but that of the federal fire service was. I guess men from the Delta fire service flew to the scene and men from the federal fireservice couldn't and that was why they were pelted with stone

Check the video. The Delta fire service was blocked by the mob, chased and pelted with stones.
Re: Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF by don4real18(m): 8:30pm On Oct 17, 2019
globemoney:
So the tanker deployed from Asaba was from FG and the clownish pdp trolls said it was because Anambra state govt failed to respond.. Also, locals prevented the fire service from performing their function... Nawaa
Do you believe the pathetic lies issued by the fire agency?
Re: Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF by 1kinggy(m): 8:47pm On Oct 17, 2019
MelesZenawi:
So ashamed how they are trying to justify their own foolishness..

Former Governor of Anambra state. The searching for new one commences now.

Who dash am uniform?
Re: Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF by majamajic(m): 8:48pm On Oct 17, 2019
Cantonese:

How can that be? Please my friend Asaba is not “just” 5 minutes away from Onitsha. If there is traffic hold up on the bridge or before the bridge on any of the two sides, Onitsha from Asaba can take more than 3 hours. Driving from Total junction Asaba to Onitsha when there is no traffic hold up will take you up to 15 minutes even driving very fast, how much more driving from inside Asaba or even Coker junction/summit or any other part of Asaba.

we are talking about fire service on emergency , and how closer it is to come from Asaba
Re: Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF by bubu2019: 8:50pm On Oct 17, 2019
globemoney:
So the tanker deployed from Asaba was from FG and the clownish pdp trolls said it was because Anambra state govt failed to respond.. Also, locals prevented the fire service from performing their function... Nawaa
you will happily take anything this useless government tell you. Fire that started around 11am but they were only contacted around 2pm.That's the reason for the hostile behavior of the locals
Re: Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF by Ugwuoke347(m): 9:16pm On Oct 17, 2019
sykeng:

I don't really know how some people believe in everything they read. How can a sane human chase away fighters that wants to protect their lives and properties? If you believe these lies then you need a brain check up.

Yes, that is very possible.
It has happened before my very eyes.
I was once upon a time, about four years ago, going to a radio station in a town here in the East for a programme, and on the way we had to stop our vehicle and pack at a safe distance as we met a fire scene. It was a big trailer that was being gutted by fire right in the middle of the high way while a crowd of people gathered and watched from a safe distance.
Well, the fire already had lasted a while before we got there.
While we were trying to ask people around what caused the fire, a fire service truck drove into the scene.
And that was when all hell was let loose: we watched in shock as a hail of stone, sticks, pieces of metal and all kinds of objects flew from all directions towards the fire service truck shattering their windscreen instantly. The driver had to bend very low and drove the vehicle blindly at break-neck speed out of the scene to save himself and his men.
I and the person who was with me left that place, just as some kind of riot was about to start.
And then when we got to the radio station, we had to discuss the incident on air, and guess what? As soon as I stepped out of the station, someone was waiting for me to verbally attack me for condemning the angry mob for pelting fire service men with stone and preventing them from putting out the fire.
It took the intervention of the station security men to clear the savage lunatic out of my way.

If you must know, the bulk of your country men are very primitive and unthinking.
When they band together in a mob formation,
there is practically no limit to the extent to which they can push their crude waywardness.

Re: Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF by osazsky(m): 9:32pm On Oct 17, 2019
When una take come ,na smoke una one come off,something way don burn finish
Re: Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF by InvertedHammer: 9:44pm On Oct 17, 2019
/
The mob did what was expected of them. Gasoline(fuel) is highly inflammable. 3 hours after the inferno started and no fire service in sight, emotions must have run high. Watching the video, they came a tad too late and didn't come with enough water. They are lucky to have escaped without being lynched.

Taxes, levies, and all manners of extortion are what ANSG is good for. How can a commercial city like Onitsha exist without functional Fire Department? It is not every solution that you fix through prayers--the last resort of the man without any ideas and answers.

Take a look at the crowd. How can so many people be so docile in life to allow a handful of men play with their destiny? The Nigerian masses do not know the power they possess.

/
Re: Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF by deeptechcool(m): 9:49pm On Oct 17, 2019
celeiyke:
Useless agency. Onitsha a city with almost 10 million residents should rely on Asaba fire station. Shouldn't Onitsha have it's own fire station?

10 million kwa? shocked shocked
Re: Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF by seunoj: 10:27pm On Oct 17, 2019
celeiyke:
Useless agency. Onitsha a city with almost 10 million residents should rely on Asaba fire station. Shouldn't Onitsha have it's own fire station?

I agree with you.

Govt in anambra should also be questioned. With the billions that goes down in Onitsha daily, there is nothing wrong in them having either a state owned or market association owned fire station in Onitsha.
Imagine fire out in main market Onitsha, God forbid right.
God will not come down to help us o. We need to stop some nonsense we do as Nigerians

Build stall or shops too close with less ventilation
Use faulty track to move highly inflammable substance with no insurance or safeguards and so much more.
Consider safety as the last thing in any project or circumstance.

May God grant the families affected the fortitude to bear the loss
Re: Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF by alfsalami: 10:48pm On Oct 17, 2019
celeiyke:
and for that reason you would rather prefer to see your properties burnt than for help to come from another state ! A very long way to go
Re: Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF by celeiyke: 11:46pm On Oct 17, 2019
grandstar:
I doubt Onitsha has up to 2m people

U should have said 1500 people. Zombie, Wikipedia should help ur ministry even without asking questions. U probably have never been anywhere in the South East
Re: Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF by celeiyke: 11:46pm On Oct 17, 2019
24kmagic:

10 million what?

The way you guys come online to quote figures is alarming.

The whole of Anambra state doesn't have that population.

But Lagos has 20m people. U should have urself examined
Re: Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF by celeiyke: 11:47pm On Oct 17, 2019
NNEWIsuper:

na 100m residents..what's Anambra population as a whole?

What is Lagos population??
Re: Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF by neutrotoba(m): 12:21am On Oct 18, 2019
Anambralstson:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/10/how-mob-stopped-firefighters-from-putting-out-ochanja-market-fire-cgf/

Liars

Can God just bring back the old testament days for this once and strike these people down
Re: Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF by Zikora1000(f): 1:32am On Oct 18, 2019
Obiano stop adding salt to injury. this your propaganda is dead on arrival. why didn't the Mob stones those ones from Asaba?
Re: Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF by Nobody: 5:54am On Oct 18, 2019
festacman:
Chasing fire service truck and personnel away is big blunder that is inexcusable.

However, the question is as POWERFUL and INFLUENTIAL as Onitsha traders (OMATA) are and given the frequent fire incidents in Onitsha over the years, why haven't they demanded and ensured the setting up of a state-of-art fire station in Onitsha and strategic substations at markets? Given their numerical strength and clout of members in their various communities, no serving governor or aspiring governorship candidate would ignore their demands. Moreover, they have the money to help state government do it.

One always hears about how powerful and wealthy these traders are.how independent minded they are.yet they cannot pick a leaf from businesses in other regions. Is it not in lagos that a tank farm association is fixing the road? That is not altruism, it is simple business sense.

Several Businesses in lagos have taken decisions to sort out issues for themselves. Major Depots for instance have their own fire stations.

Let the traders start thinking like businessmen and not like hustlers. Maybe, just maybe, they will rebuild a market that does not look like a slum and will not be a fire hazard

But I doubt it
Re: Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF by Fuckgovt: 6:33am On Oct 18, 2019
Controller General of the Federal Fire Service, Liman Ibrahim Alhaji... On sighting the name n his position. We knw u lie and if possible it was a deliberate act for u guess not to come, maybe order from above.
Re: Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF by Fuckgovt: 6:35am On Oct 18, 2019
ornicus:

One always hears about how powerful and wealthy these traders are.how independent minded they are.yet they cannot pick a leaf from businesses in other regions. Is it not in lagos that a tank farm association is fixing the road? That is not altruism, it is simple business sense.

Several Businesses in lagos have taken decisions to sort out issues for themselves. Major Depots for instance have their own fire stations.

Let the traders start thinking like businessmen and not like hustlers. Maybe, just maybe, they will rebuild a market that does not look like a slum and will not be a fire hazard

But I doubt it
some ppl give excuses for their govt failure. Because of ppl like u our govt will never work. Those that build this things on behalf of govt still pay tax o to the govt and they do nothing with it. The businesses u call are not small scale businesses like that of the onitsha mkt so don't compare. Nigeria is just so frustrating �
Re: Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF by chubinwa(m): 7:07am On Oct 18, 2019
I blame Willi-Willi Obiakpo for using the resources meant to provide fire service in onitsha to drink. clueless governor
Re: Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 18, 2019
Fuckgovt:
some ppl give excuses for their govt failure. Because of ppl like u our govt will never work. Those that build this things on behalf of govt still pay tax o to the govt and they do nothing with it. The businesses u call are not small scale businesses like that of the onitsha mkt so don't compare. Nigeria is just so frustrating �

i live in festac. around your kinsmen. during every end of month close meeting, someone is bragging this region has highest number of billionaires per square meter. and so on and so forth

everyday, we are inundated with tales of igbo can do spirit, never say die, independence

so let your billionaires stop waiting for the government, and build a goddam fire hydrant around every major market in each of your towns.

jim ovia rebuilt ajose adeogun. every end of year he puts up his light display.
my old employer rebuilt the road around our tank farm .

let your billionaires take a page from this and do the needful. or is it that hard to give back to society?
Re: Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF by Fuckgovt: 7:18am On Oct 18, 2019
ornicus:

i live in festac. around your kinsmen. during every end of month close meeting, someone is bragging this region has highest number of billionaires per square meter. and so on and so forth

everyday, we are inundated with tales of igbo can do spirit, never say die, independence

so let your billionaires stop waiting for the government, and build a goddam fire hydrant around every major market in each of your towns.

jim ovia rebuilt ajose adeogun. every end of year he puts up his light display.
my old employer rebuilt the road around our tank farm .

let your billionaires take a page from this and do the needful. or is it that hard to give back to society?
I hearing the name of the ppl u call? Call one of the shop owners name na.
Re: Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 18, 2019
Fuckgovt:
I hearing the name of the ppl u call? Call one of the shop owners name na.

guy, na your kinsmen dey talk - nnewi has highest number of billionaires in nigeria, onitsha has highest number of billionaires and so on and so forth. so let your billionaires drop some money and give back. is dangote not giving millions away for reconstruction in the SE?

show the independence you guys always tell us about and solve the problem by yourselves!
you call yourself fuckgovt

so Bleep the govt and sort out the problem

every nigerian already says fk the govt in one way or another. a borehole in your house is your own fkthegovt

so let the pillars of anambra say fk the govt, we will do this ourselves, and it will be bigger better and more state of the art than anything a useless govt can do

live up to your moniker tongue
Re: Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF by UncletC: 7:33am On Oct 18, 2019
globemoney:
is there no FG in Anambra state?
Re: Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF by Yankee101: 12:01pm On Oct 18, 2019
Why should states not have fire stations?

Infact every local govt should
Re: Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF by Fuckgovt: 12:45pm On Oct 18, 2019
ornicus:

guy, na your kinsmen dey talk - nnewi has highest number of billionaires in nigeria, onitsha has highest number of billionaires and so on and so forth. so let your billionaires drop some money and give back. is dangote not giving millions away for reconstruction in the SE?

show the independence you guys always tell us about and solve the problem by yourselves!
you call yourself fuckgovt

so Bleep the govt and sort out the problem

every nigerian already says fk the govt in one way or another. a borehole in your house is your own fkthegovt

so let the pillars of anambra say fk the govt, we will do this ourselves, and it will be bigger better and more state of the art than anything a useless govt can do

live up to your moniker tongue
y una never do all the pot holes or bad roads wey dey una area? .
Re: Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 18, 2019
Officialgarri:
This is what happens when the job of an architect is given to an engineer, and when the work of a town planner is given to a contractor. .

In case y'all don't know, it is utter stupidity and an unforgivable negligence to have markets or some other public facilities without proximity of at least one fire station.

And they are even complaining of traffic? I don't understand. What do these people do in their offices every day? Don't they do research ?

What's wrong if fire fighting bikes are being deployed before incidents escalates? Obviously, they all just wait till month end to receive salary. After all, it's a FG job.

Take your time angry

What are architects good for outside of pretty pictures angry

Jonathan To Launch N100 Centenary Note / Thugs Attack Vehicles Conveying Obidients To Venue Of Obi Lagos Rally / Prof Ayodele & Prof Andrew Leo Were Killed In BUK Attack

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51