Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,659 members, 7,958,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:52 AM

Meet Reston Tedheke Ex-Militant, Who Is Ga'ate Farmer In Nasarawa - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Meet Reston Tedheke Ex-Militant, Who Is Ga'ate Farmer In Nasarawa (41090 Views)

See Cobra Snake Caught Live In My Farm Today In Nasarawa: Video/photo / Huge Python Killed By A Farmer In Calabar (Photo) / Blind & Deaf Rice Farmer In Taraba With A Paralysed Left Hand (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Reston Tedheke Ex-Militant, Who Is Ga'ate Farmer In Nasarawa by Nowenuse: 11:22am On Oct 19, 2019
IamCharles123:

I will accept farming in the middlebelt but as for the core north, farming is not so great as they make us believe, the northern land is not so fertile.

Yeah, but you should have some good capital and experts working with you. You should get land in an area not affected by herdsmen or be able to employ security people around the farms.

Core northern lands are also fertile too. They just have a shorter farming season due to less rain.
Re: Meet Reston Tedheke Ex-Militant, Who Is Ga'ate Farmer In Nasarawa by IamCharles123: 1:36pm On Oct 19, 2019
Nowenuse:

Yeah, but you should have some good capital and experts working with you. You should get land in an area not affected by herdsmen or be able to employ security people around the farms.

Core northern lands are also fertile too. They just have a shorter farming season due to less rain.
Ok, but i have tried farming in the north actually during my service yr, kebbi state to be precise, without fertilizer crops dont grow. I planted corn n groundnut during their raining season, it struggled to grow even with many water and manure. It started growing when i added chemical fertilizer. I wasn't impressed at all. Crops like yam and vegies will not even grow those core northern state.

1 Like

Re: Meet Reston Tedheke Ex-Militant, Who Is Ga'ate Farmer In Nasarawa by Nowenuse: 2:13pm On Oct 19, 2019
IamCharles123:

Ok, but i have tried farming in the north actually during my service yr, kebbi state to be precise, without fertilizer crops dont grow. I planted corn n groundnut during their raining season, it struggled to grow even with many water and manure. It started growing when i added chemical fertilizer. I wasn't impressed at all. Crops like yam and vegies will not even grow those core northern state.

Corn is mostly a middlebelt crop, but for groundnut, hmm. I think the core-north also grows groundnut.
As for Kebbi, I think something is just inherently wrong with the state's soil. I did my youth service camp in Kebbi state and I also observed the lack/poor farming in the state. It seems like the eastern core north (Bauchi, Jigawa, Yobe, Katsina) is more fertile than the western core-north (Kebbi, Sokoto, Zamfara).

Yams and vegetables are purely middlebelt crops na.

Core northern crops are more of guinea corn, Millet, Tomato (Kano) e.t.c
Re: Meet Reston Tedheke Ex-Militant, Who Is Ga'ate Farmer In Nasarawa by Fallenhunter: 8:43am On Oct 21, 2019
Look at this map, Nigeria is top 10 in % of arable land in Africa and by volume is the largest. Allowing agriculture to be decimated in the country was one of the biggest mistakes of past leaders.

1 Like

Re: Meet Reston Tedheke Ex-Militant, Who Is Ga'ate Farmer In Nasarawa by Lifezhead: 12:30pm On Oct 21, 2019
Shooyie:

Can you just go online and see businesses that made it to a billion in less than 2years, instacart, letgo, zoox and the likes? Don't be quick to say, 'tell another lie nah' if you know nothing.

I cant reply u cos u no be my mate
wetin i don see u never see am
Forget all these online gibberish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

(graphic Photos) Snake I Killed On My Way To Farm / Setting Up A Small But Very Effective Garri Processing Plant / Eagle Farms And Cattle Ranch In Anambra- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.