Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,131 members, 7,821,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? (105633 Views)

Laycon Appears On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Nigeria / How To Participate In 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' New Series / Frank Edoho Returns For Who Wants To Be A Millionaire TV Show, ₦20m Up For Grabs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? by demmy66: 6:15pm On May 28, 2020
Goalnaldo:
I missed this great show. It was there I learnt that the capital of northern Ireland is Belfast. Now what we promote in TV is nudity and profanity.
it was also on the show unlearn that South Africa as three capitals.. Pretoria.. blomfotein and cape town..
Re: Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? by GreaterFuture1(m): 6:15pm On May 28, 2020
bouncin04:
Just like wrestling ( WWF) ,I still believe everything about that show was scripted .. undecided
dem just use am scam people ... but some slow poke won't still agree.
Hmmmn Pls Why do you say So?
You must have Proof or at least Solid Reasons to say so
Re: Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? by GreaterFuture1(m): 6:16pm On May 28, 2020
2special:
The one l watched, that won #10 million used all the 3 options...the last question he answered was about a Nobel prize winner which he called his uncle and the uncle gave him the correct answer....such a brilliant guy
Is it the same guy Aroma?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? by KendrickAyomide: 6:19pm On May 28, 2020
bouncin04:
Just like wrestling ( WWF) ,I still believe everything about that show was scripted .. undecided
shut up mugu. I knew someone personally that was on the show
Re: Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? by Pacyrus(m): 6:20pm On May 28, 2020
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Osobi32:
I watched the program the day he won.... It was really amazing. Too bad this wonderful program has been replaced with bbnaija! So much has changed in Nigeria, even our great musicians such as dare art alade and Asa have gone hiding we are now left with zero talent such as Naira marley and zlantan
them nor just get talent but yet most of us still enjoy their soundtracks even though the lyrics are all wacky �
Re: Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? by Ecpet83(m): 6:28pm On May 28, 2020
I watched that show that very day and it was very interesting. But did you know how MTN used to exploit people before they can get on that seat?Honestly you would pay not less than #5,000 to be selected and to get on that seat. I have tried it before, you will read and TV for informatioinformations like crazy; but with NairaBet, with #100, this generations will always be "hopping"to win ten million by only guessing matches.

Re: Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? by hilfinity(m): 6:28pm On May 28, 2020
2special:
The one l watched, that won #10 million used all the 3 options...the last question he answered was about a Nobel prize winner which he called his uncle and the uncle gave him the correct answer....such a brilliant guy

Bros u don old ooo cos for u to remember dt final question no be beans o...

I also watched d show, but all I can remember now was his celebration after he won, which mimicked Usain Bolt's trademark stance whenever he wins a race.

Some good old memories.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? by Wawelexy(m): 6:30pm On May 28, 2020
bouncin04:

Ur own cup no dey full

1 Like

Re: Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 28, 2020
safarigirl:

There is only so much you can do when the camera is around, and even then, you observe what people do with cameras around. Would their reactions be different if there were no cameras? It is called a social experiment for a reason.

Now, something I learnt when I was a teenager about emotional abuse, I noticed on BBA. It was how powerful emotional abuse was, and it was between O'neal and Feza. She was probably a very good actress, but she was visibly terrified of the guy and was always shaken when he was around, but once she knew he wasn't around, she was lively. I don't want to expatiate and give a lengthy talk, but there are reasons you will never understand because you think yourself too intelligent to watch such a show.

I'm not as invested in Big Brother as I was 8-10 years ago and have barely watched any BBN season, but I will not discount the lessons I have learnt from their acting.

You know the funnything? Someone is here bragging about KUWTK, as if it isn'theavily scripted. She thinks she is better than BBN watchers because she watched a scripted American show, what is the sense in that?

Anyway, acting or not, it still has lessons in it, like every movie you watch. Your head will not implode from watching the show, I am sure you have seen dumber things in your lifetime.

A lot of Nigerians just like to feel special and elite, same way people brag about not watching Nigerian movies.

Lol.

Maybe you're right.

I've probably seen some real dumbass movies.

All well and good, I think I'll keep to feeling special for not watching BBN for now.

Maybe I'll change my mind many years to come...or maybe not.

But for now, I'm not a watcher of BBN shows.

I am war.

I am the liquid metal.

Indaboski pahoose. smiley
Re: Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? by MurphyG1(m): 6:34pm On May 28, 2020
Ovie56:
chai, Op can lie, Aroma did great on the show, he used his lifeline and he never called to inform his family he was about to win, he called a friend to verify an answer, i guess you want to spice up the gist, but come on, do not lie to us like that, we are not suffering from short attention span and i wasn't that long ago cuz we're not kids here.

Maybe he is confusing the Aroma guy with John Carpenter who called his Dad that he is about to win $1 million grin grin grin
Re: Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? by CsRockefeller(m): 6:36pm On May 28, 2020
My best show ever. kiss
Re: Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? by oyediranniyi: 6:36pm On May 28, 2020
Ovie56:
chai, Op can lie, Aroma did great on the show, he used his lifeline and he never called to inform his family he was about to win, he called a friend to verify an answer, i guess you want to spice up the gist, but come on, do not lie to us like that, we are not suffering from short attention span and i wasn't that long ago cuz we're not kids here.
i was reading to see if anyone would debunk the story, the call the man made was to verify an answer, you are right, it was the US show, the winner, had to call his family member to announce his winning, not this Nigerian guy!

More sharpness to your grey matter.
Re: Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? by tkgindofa(m): 6:47pm On May 28, 2020
I watched the program that day with much enthusiasm; but it's unfortunate that we prefer programs that are socially inclined than educationally inclined.
Re: Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? by ajimotoke(m): 6:50pm On May 28, 2020
I wached this live back then, the man was like can I have water grin grin very intelligent man
Re: Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? by emmanuelpopson(m): 6:50pm On May 28, 2020
[b]its always fu to leave early in d morning to go for the show as an audience and winning 25K Sometimes.. and building friendship and networking those days at the studio .. many irrelevant shows now.. BB9ja and Some twerking nonsense on Instagram..May GOD have mercy on us and direct us to do the right t]hing..[b]

1 Like

Re: Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? by ayapatton: 6:50pm On May 28, 2020
Amanee:
Who remembers this man?

Aroma Ufodike, from Nnewi, Anambra State, who appeared on the popular TV Show “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire in Nigeria” on September 11, 2009, and won 10 million naira. He was the first and only person to win the top prize in Nigeria, I think.

He got all the questions without using any life line.

When he was on the last question, he said “I want to use my 'phone a friend' option to call my family at home that I’m about to win 10million Naira.”

My thoughts also go to the intellectually balanced Frank Edoho

Where is Gulder Ultimate Search? �

These are the type of programs we need to see on air not the extremely immoral Big Brother Nigeria.

This is worth celebrating indeed, but I'm not trying to shame BBNaija either.. I'm just saying..

I wish these intellectually stimulating TV programmes could return back to our homes. #GodBlessNigeria

I and my husband watched it that day too. He used all the lifelines. He called his cousin who helped him answer the last question. It was very beautiful to behold.
Re: Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? by SaintChukz(m): 6:52pm On May 28, 2020
GreaterFuture1:

Is it the same guy Aroma?

Yes...it is this same Aroma. He used all his lifelines like the poster you quoted mentioned. Don't mind the OP. She was just being over hyped about his performance on the show.

1 Like

Re: Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? by Horlami247: 6:52pm On May 28, 2020
Still thought of him today
What a coincidence. prolly coz I need ****
Re: Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? by dboo442: 7:00pm On May 28, 2020
fidelmarshal199:
He was really enigmatic on the show. His confidence was out of this world. He is a rare gem. I was at the verge of crying when watching the show, I was just wondering how a man can be so blessed intellectually. I really do miss this show, I wish it can be brought back.

How come this post that was created last year is just making front page now? It would hit front page the same day it was created If it was a snake thread.

What I learn from this thread is

Destiny can only be delayed
but can't be denied

1 Like

Re: Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? by folake4u(f): 7:01pm On May 28, 2020
I remember that daysmiley My family shouted for joy when he won the prize money. It was as if we knew the guy grin grin.

I miss the show though.
Re: Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? by Ndipe(m): 7:09pm On May 28, 2020
These shows should be on TV not bbnaija.
Re: Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? by Hemanwel(m): 7:10pm On May 28, 2020
Op, I still remember vividly what happened that night. He used his last lifeline to answer the N10m-worth question. I think the question was about the late Prof Mathai Wangari who won the Nobel peace prize in Environment.

I also remember that the answer to one of the questions he was asked happened to be one Nigerian referee (Mba) who stayed in the apartment directly above his.

Op, this thing never too tey nah!
Re: Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? by ChelseaDr(m): 7:10pm On May 28, 2020
That guy was great....

At a point Frank asked for the correct pronunciation of his name he said "Arō-ömâ" meaning "a good year"

It was indeed a good year for him.

He used ALL his life lines starting from the 5 million question which was the location of Gelaras volcano. He sought the audience's assistance who said Colombia, he requested to use 50-50 life line and Lebanon and Colombia were the remaining options... He went straight for Colombia...

The 10 milla question was the reason for awarding Professor Mathaal Wangari a Nobel Price... He used the last life line to call his cousin Luthana who went straight for PEACE... He followed his answer without thinking about it and lo and behold, that was the climax!!

His confidence was out of this planet.
Re: Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? by Monday60655(m): 7:19pm On May 28, 2020
You just remind me that day. It was glorious as I was praying for the man right in front of our Television.
Re: Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 28, 2020
Do you need a creative and professional logo design ❓ Do you need a custom logo for your brand identity or your personal identity ❓ Message me to order unique designs of your choice �� ➡️Get awesome �� designs at Giveaway prices ⚠️Also, there are designs for, ➡️ Graphic designs ➡️Flyers & e-flyers ➡️ Birthday designs ➡️ Name designs ➡️Logo designs ➡️Any designs you need
➡️Fast delivery � ➡️ Attractive � ➡️ Unique � ➡️ Matching fonts � ➡️ Professional identity for your brand � ⚠️ Give your identity, company and business a new name,new style,a new look #Your satisfaction is guaranteed � ⚠️Your logo is your secret ambassador #Expect the best �
Re: Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? by tooth4tooth: 7:25pm On May 28, 2020
Ovie56:
I tire for the op oo. He used lifeline .I remember it had to do with one man that won Nobel price on .........? The answer was given by his friend as 'peace'.
Re: Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? by thinkmoney(m): 7:26pm On May 28, 2020
Amanee:
Who remembers this man?

Aroma Ufodike, from Nnewi, Anambra State, who appeared on the popular TV Show “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire in Nigeria” on September 11, 2009, and won 10 million naira. He was the first and only person to win the top prize in Nigeria, I think.

When he was on the last question, he said “I want to use my 'phone a friend' option to call my family at home that I’m about to win 10million Naira.”

These are the type of programs we need to see on air not the extremely immoral Big Brother Nigeria.

This is worth celebrating indeed, but I'm not trying to shame BBNaija either.. I'm just saying..

I wish these intellectually stimulating TV programmes could return back to our homes. #GodBlessNigeria
many people we get now no wan watch am. E go give them headache, unlike bbnaija that they can masturbate with
Re: Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? by ZikoMan: 7:26pm On May 28, 2020
So memorable!
Re: Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? by Asour: 7:31pm On May 28, 2020
Amanee:
Who remembers this man?

Not exactly true.

Aroma Ufodike used his 50:50 lifeline in the question that gave him N5m. He also used phone a friend.
He definitely wasn't always sure too. Nonetheless, he is a brilliant individual. You don't have to stretch it. The fellow you are probably describing is America's John Carpenter.
Re: Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? by bagginwa(m): 7:32pm On May 28, 2020
Yes it did happen but the fact about it was that he actually called his cousin for help about the Nobel prize question which his cousin did not hear him initially but frank helped out to boldly ask the question luckily enough with the few secs left (about 2secs) the cousin brother quickly yelled PEACE . It took him time to decide on following his cousin but atlas it paid off.. you can watch via the link below:::::
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD0yjoSJwWw
Re: Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:36pm On May 28, 2020
Johnjanrt:
Extremely amazing, though never heard of him.
cheese ball generation sighted hia!

grin

1 Like

Re: Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? by shogsman(m): 7:36pm On May 28, 2020
Nigeria's greatest show ever

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Zack Orji & Eucharia Anunobi's Sex Scene In 'Glamour Girls' That Shook Nollywood / BBNaija: Dorathy Paying Attention To The Camera In The Box Room / Erica: “I Gave Kiddwaya Blow-Job And Had Sex With Him In HOH Room”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.