Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Why Do We Have To Swear B4 Commenting On Islamic Topics?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Have To Swear B4 Commenting On Islamic Topics?? (750 Views)

Why Is It A Must To Swear Before Commenting On A Muslim Post& Not A Christian Po / Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. / Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Have To Swear B4 Commenting On Islamic Topics?? by Strawberryg(f): 12:42pm On Oct 18, 2019
Is nairaland promoting religious superiority and intolerance? Why do we always have to be placed under oath b4 we drop comments on Islamic topics meanwhile Christian related topics can be assed by all other religions. What am I not getting here?

Re: Why Do We Have To Swear B4 Commenting On Islamic Topics?? by Colonelswitz101(m): 12:50pm On Oct 18, 2019
The mods should do something abt this..I don't see why making a comment on Islamic topics should be turned to a conversion opportunity...
Why don't we have these restrictions against this Muslims who invade Christian topics without these restrictions n conditions??

5 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have To Swear B4 Commenting On Islamic Topics?? by jeyselassie(m): 1:34pm On Oct 18, 2019
I honestly don't know why anyone doesn't see anything wrong with this. This is 2019 and Islam didn't even start in Nigeria. Why do we like over doing things to the extreme? We live in a civilised society where people should be free to make decisions on what to comment on without vows.
Re: Why Do We Have To Swear B4 Commenting On Islamic Topics?? by Demmzy15(m): 1:41pm On Oct 18, 2019
jeyselassie:
I honestly don't know why anyone doesn't see anything wrong with this. This is 2019 and Islam didn't even start in Nigeria. Why do we like over doing things to the extreme? We live in a civilised society where people should be free to make decisions on what to comment on without vows.
The Islamic Section was closed because of bigotry non-Muslims, everytime Muslims and Islam wete abused and cursed. The Muslims requested something to be done and Seun helped. Even at that, Christians still lie and swear the oath and still abuse Islam and Muslims. Talk of dishonesty
Re: Why Do We Have To Swear B4 Commenting On Islamic Topics?? by jeyselassie(m): 10:26am On Oct 19, 2019
Demmzy15:
The Islamic Section was closed because of bigotry non-Muslims, everytime Muslims and Islam wete abused and cursed. The Muslims requested something to be done and Seun helped. Even at that, Christians still lie and swear the oath and still abuse Islam and Muslims. Talk of dishonesty
how sure are you that they are Christians because most times we mistake atheists for Christians. And another thing is probably as at the time the rule was meted out it worked for that time but right now things have changed because tons of millenials searching for information, knowledge on Islam (round the world) not just in Nigeria are on the platform. Also there is the networking aspect. The speed at which information flows is faster these days, and I believe it should be open.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have To Swear B4 Commenting On Islamic Topics?? by UceeGod: 11:47am On Oct 19, 2019
Demmzy15:
But Christians and Christianity have been molested online far more than anything, even before Nairaland began, but nothing has been done about that, yet many souls have come to the Light of God through online evangelism and conversations. Christians don't try to defend their faith by avoiding abuses but we defend our faith in Christ by upholding the TRUTH - that Christ Jesus is Lord!

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have To Swear B4 Commenting On Islamic Topics?? by Demmzy15(m): 1:10pm On Oct 19, 2019
UceeGod:

But Christians and Christianity have been molested online far more than anything, even before Nairaland began, but nothing has been done about that, yet many souls have come to the Light of God through online evangelism and conversations. Christians don't try to defend their faith by avoiding abuses but we defend our faith in Christ by upholding the TRUTH - that Christ Jesus is Lord!
Guy, go to Islamic sections and see how Christians flock in abusing Muslims. I could remember a time, Christians were opening calling for killing of Muslims on this forum. No Islamic topic that hits front page except that Christians flock in abusing and cussing Islam and Muslims. Just take a stroll into the Islamic Section and see for yourself.

Muslims on the otherhand don't abuse or cuss Christians, I challenge you to show me one. We just don't do it, but you Christians can't do without abusing us. Even when there are threads about Igbo Muslims, Christians especially Igbos were even threatening the Igbo Muslims. Like who does that?
Re: Why Do We Have To Swear B4 Commenting On Islamic Topics?? by Demmzy15(m): 1:17pm On Oct 19, 2019
jeyselassie:
how sure are you that they are Christians because most times we mistake atheists for Christians. And another thing is probably as at the time the rule was meted out it worked for that time but right now things have changed because tons of millenials searching for information, knowledge on Islam (round the world) not just in Nigeria are on the platform. Also there is the networking aspect. The speed at which information flows is faster these days, and I believe it should be open.
Who cares if they're atheists? Fact I know is some of the most bigoted people are Christians, people who won't let you be. Go to Islamic Section now see how Christians are all over, issues that don't concern them. You would hardly see Muslims contributing to Christian topics because we have no knowledge or business, but Christians who are very ignorant jump around with hearsays and bollocks from Anti-Islamic websites.

You need to respect people, however, even with the oath, you guys still hypocritically bypass and still abuse us. The rule is still applicable today because enemies of Islam haven't changed their uncouth utterances, so it would still apply.
Re: Why Do We Have To Swear B4 Commenting On Islamic Topics?? by Tedassie(m): 4:03pm On Dec 20, 2019
Strawberryg:
Is nairaland promoting religious superiority and intolerance? Why do we always have to be placed under oath b4 we drop comments on Islamic topics meanwhile Christian related topics can be assed by all other religions. What am I not getting here?
I erroneously clicked on it and voila! it's being pasted on my profile,permanently and against my wish and so many others also. People affected have complained about this,but Seun chooses not to do anything about it.

Now I came across this video on YouTube (you could watch it at your free time,but trust me when you do,it's going to leave you in shock). Paste the link to your profile as a protest,just like I have done.
Re: Why Do We Have To Swear B4 Commenting On Islamic Topics?? by Tedassie(m): 4:09pm On Dec 20, 2019
UceeGod:

God bless you. Please watch this video and use the link to evangelize if possible

Let Muslims come to the saving Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. shalom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZKHmKalO4Y
Re: Why Do We Have To Swear B4 Commenting On Islamic Topics?? by cp3o: 9:39am On May 15, 2022
Demmzy15:
Guy, go to Islamic sections and see how Christians flock in abusing Muslims. I could remember a time, Christians were opening calling for killing of Muslims on this forum. No Islamic topic that hits front page except that Christians flock in abusing and cussing Islam and Muslims. Just take a stroll into the Islamic Section and see for yourself.

Muslims on the otherhand don't abuse or cuss Christians, I challenge you to show me one. We just don't do it, but you Christians can't do without abusing us. Even when there are threads about Igbo Muslims, Christians especially Igbos were even threatening the Igbo Muslims. Like who does that?

Lie lie

(1) (Reply)

End Time : Female Pastor Asks All Corona Virus Patient To Come & Sleep With Her / Reply To Reno Omokri On Whether Muslims And Christians Serve Thesame God / Another Pastor Onye Eze Jesus Emerges Again And Performs Rituals Like Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.