Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,298 members, 7,822,483 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Why Are Parents Always Against Their Sons Marrying Ijebu Ladies ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Parents Always Against Their Sons Marrying Ijebu Ladies ? (2062 Views)

How I Ended Up Marrying The Lady I Met On Facebook / 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person / 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons About Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Parents Always Against Their Sons Marrying Ijebu Ladies ? by lourash(m): 1:12pm On Nov 09, 2010
can someone please explain to me the reasons why parents always object to marrying ijebu girls,
Re: Why Are Parents Always Against Their Sons Marrying Ijebu Ladies ? by mediatrix8(f): 1:29pm On Nov 09, 2010
:-x :-x :-x undecided undecided undecided undecided :d :d :d :d
Re: Why Are Parents Always Against Their Sons Marrying Ijebu Ladies ? by Creamish(f): 1:33pm On Nov 09, 2010
rily? dint know . . . i guess ur wrong bout d "always" word . . .

BTW . .did it happen to u?
Re: Why Are Parents Always Against Their Sons Marrying Ijebu Ladies ? by adagz01(m): 1:43pm On Nov 09, 2010
Who never hear of ijebu for this 9ja.
Re: Why Are Parents Always Against Their Sons Marrying Ijebu Ladies ? by adexchamp(m): 2:12pm On Nov 09, 2010
Well in my own perspective i think Ijebu girls/ladies/women are found of owambe parties,they get carried away with wordly things and also likes to take control of the man of the house,so i guess thats why most parents dont like their sons getting married to them.I hope i make a point!
Re: Why Are Parents Always Against Their Sons Marrying Ijebu Ladies ? by johnterry4: 2:47pm On Nov 09, 2010
PARENTS ARE NOT JUST AGAINST IJEBU LADIES BUT YORUBA LADIES IN GENERAL.THEY ARE SO PROMISCUOUS.
Re: Why Are Parents Always Against Their Sons Marrying Ijebu Ladies ? by baslone: 2:57pm On Nov 09, 2010
Mr Johnterry, Never knew Yoruba parents are always against maryring Yoruba Ladies!
So what tribe do they support they marry from?
Re: Why Are Parents Always Against Their Sons Marrying Ijebu Ladies ? by MrCork26: 2:59pm On Nov 09, 2010
lourash , brother, what village u from? undecided
Re: Why Are Parents Always Against Their Sons Marrying Ijebu Ladies ? by Yorubah(m): 3:22pm On Nov 09, 2010
Most parents living in Nigeria still living lives of the past by saying one shouldn't get married to Ijebu or whatever. Its Old days man. Get married to whoever will give you a comfort and wont make you regret of marrying him/her. Period!
Re: Why Are Parents Always Against Their Sons Marrying Ijebu Ladies ? by skillero(m): 4:39pm On Nov 09, 2010
johnterry4:

PARENTS ARE NOT JUST AGAINST IJEBU LADIES BUT YORUBA LADIES IN GENERAL.THEY ARE SO PROMISCUOUS.
No tribe can be more promiscous than your tribe CHAUVINIST!!!
Hisses and storms out
Re: Why Are Parents Always Against Their Sons Marrying Ijebu Ladies ? by Oxone(m): 4:54pm On Nov 09, 2010
a friend once told me that d the fear of ijebu ladies is the beginning of wisdom, still dont know why undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Are Parents Always Against Their Sons Marrying Ijebu Ladies ? by tkb417(m): 5:13pm On Nov 09, 2010
when you people say ijebu ladies

do you mean ladies that live in Ijebu or what

can i be called an Ijebu boi now cos im from Ijebu Igbo and i never lived there nor do i know what they do there

so, will some dumb yoruba families warn their children not to marry me too? cos of what? cos i drink garri or what?

fcking hilarious and absolutely incredible that people that can read and write are useless in the brain too

total bull
Re: Why Are Parents Always Against Their Sons Marrying Ijebu Ladies ? by Oxone(m): 5:16pm On Nov 09, 2010
tkb417:

when you people say ijebu ladies

do you mean ladies that live in Ijebu or what

can i be called an Ijebu boi now cos im from Ijebu Igbo and i never lived there nor do i know what they do there

so, will some dumb yoruba families warn their children not to marry me too? cos of what? cos i drink garri or what?

fcking hilarious and absolutely incredible that people that can read and write are useless in the brain too

total bull

yeah its strange but everyone seem to think they are bad news, was dating one before & everyone thought i had gone bunkers. the funny thing is none of them could come up with a valid reason. just some cock & bull stories angry angry angry angry
Re: Why Are Parents Always Against Their Sons Marrying Ijebu Ladies ? by tkb417(m): 5:24pm On Nov 09, 2010
Oxone:

yeah its strange but everyone seem to think they are bad news, was dating one before & everyone thought i had gone bunkers. the funny thing is none of them could come up with a valid reason. just some cock & bull stories angry angry angry angry
i once had an issue with my mum when i was chasing one gurl from the eastern part of 9ja (my NYSC days)

One day she (the ibo gurl) came to my house and my mum tried speaking with the babe in yoruba and alas she couldnt respond; my mum called me aside and asked where she hails from

i said Imo and she was like what? b4 she finished her statement, i gave her a well thought out speech on how dumb, illogical and myopic it is for a parent to disapprove of his/her childs partner cos of tribe

she listened with rapt attention and im sure she will never try to say such to me again

if a friend( just a friend) gives me cock and bull about why i shouldnt go out with a gurl cos of tribal nonsense, il declare such a friend an enemy of my progress
Re: Why Are Parents Always Against Their Sons Marrying Ijebu Ladies ? by kokoye(m): 5:27pm On Nov 09, 2010
the reason is due to the belief that most ijebu people love money way too much - they are greedy are slefish with money.

I'm not saying it is true. . . just answering your question.
Re: Why Are Parents Always Against Their Sons Marrying Ijebu Ladies ? by Oxone(m): 5:28pm On Nov 09, 2010
tkb417:

i once had an issue with my mum when i was chasing one gurl from the eastern part of 9ja (my NYSC days)

One day she (the ibo gurl) came to my house and my mum tried speaking with the babe in yoruba and alas she couldnt respond; my mum called me aside and asked where she hails from

i said Imo and she was like what? b4 she finished her statement, i gave her a well thought out speech on how dumb, illogical and myopic it is for a parent to disapprove of his/her childs partner cos of tribe

she listened with rapt attention and im sure she will never try to say such to me again

if a friend( just a friend) gives me cock and bull about why i shouldnt go out with a gurl cos of tribal nonsense, il declare such a friend an enemy of my progress
grin grin grin grin grin grin

i can imagine, but some peeps are just not worth the trouble jor so i dont bother
Re: Why Are Parents Always Against Their Sons Marrying Ijebu Ladies ? by Dsense(m): 5:29pm On Nov 09, 2010
adexchamp:

Well in my own perspective i think Ijebu girls/ladies/women are found of owambe parties,they get carried away with wordly things and also likes to take control of the man of the house,so i guess thats why most parents dont like their sons getting married to them.I hope i make a point!
U hit the point perfectly.
Re: Why Are Parents Always Against Their Sons Marrying Ijebu Ladies ? by Oxone(m): 5:31pm On Nov 09, 2010
adexchamp:

D-sense:

U hit the point perfectly.

goes to show how dense you both are, you both should be in same cage in the zoo angry angry angry angry
Re: Why Are Parents Always Against Their Sons Marrying Ijebu Ladies ? by Dsense(m): 5:37pm On Nov 09, 2010
Oxone:

goes to show how dense you both are, you both should be in same cage in the zoo angry angry angry angry

Ohhh yah ,U re just one of those Lunatic poster.Well i've stopped getting into it with ur class long time ago.
No wonder u re from Ijebu!!!.
Re: Why Are Parents Always Against Their Sons Marrying Ijebu Ladies ? by tkb417(m): 5:40pm On Nov 09, 2010
D-sense:

Ohhh yah ,U re just one of those Lunatic poster.Well i've stopped getting into it with your class long time ago.
and what if hes from Ijebu?

i am from Ijebu so what? where are you from?
Re: Why Are Parents Always Against Their Sons Marrying Ijebu Ladies ? by Oxone(m): 5:40pm On Nov 09, 2010
D-sense:

Ohhh yah ,U re just one of those Lunatic poster.Well i've stopped getting into it with your class long time ago.
grin grin grin grin
its only dimwits like you that'll assume i'm from ijebu cos am actually using my brain for what its meant for?
it wouldn't hurt to use yours you know
Re: Why Are Parents Always Against Their Sons Marrying Ijebu Ladies ? by kanmi22(f): 1:44am On Nov 10, 2010
Pls i dont like anyone bullshitting ijebu like that o, i am one of ijebu lovers so pls peeps i take it very personal when people are getting on my ijebu nerve, lol
Yes, my baby is ijebu and i love him to death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY IJEBU WIFE TO BE
THANKS PEEPS, GO IJEBU
Re: Why Are Parents Always Against Their Sons Marrying Ijebu Ladies ? by adagz01(m): 7:28am On Nov 10, 2010
Ijebu=jazz
Re: Why Are Parents Always Against Their Sons Marrying Ijebu Ladies ? by Dsense(m): 8:23pm On Nov 11, 2010
adagz 01:

Ijebu=jazz
U MEAN IJEBU = AZZ

(1) (Reply)

8 Tips To Deal Withyour Boyfriend’s Flirty Girl Pal / Timid Guy Needs Help Pls. / Confession From My Cousin--anita

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.